Full English Breakfast Meetup! (IMPORTANT UPDATES, READ PLZ)

This is where any guests attending the event are announced. Chat about anything to do with the event that does not fit into the other categories.

Re: Full English Breakfast

Postby diphenhydramine on Fri Mar 20, 2009 11:36 am

Okie dokie, just drop a message if you find you won't be going nearer the time :3
diphenhydramine

Postby Briggsja on Sun Mar 22, 2009 3:00 pm

On the saturday i'd happily come, but I'd have to double check with my group to make sure. Ill do another post as soon as i know.
Briggsja

Postby Rilack on Tue Mar 31, 2009 3:37 am

ACK! I have a midday photoshoot on Sunday! >_< an hour to get there and back...think its possible?
Rilack

Postby diphenhydramine on Tue Mar 31, 2009 9:17 am

Well, I've just started working in a greasy spoon myself, and it takes about 2-3 minutes to make a breakfast, so I wouldn't have thought there'd be a problem :3
diphenhydramine

Postby RQL on Tue Mar 31, 2009 3:23 pm

Yatak wrote:A cosplay breakfast sounds like a capital idea *turns off posh accent*. Lets face it, what better than starting a long day of fun with a full english with tea?

The Lulz aquired from that was quite smashing if i do say so myself :lol: . But yeah i would be interested in this idea! Gotta see what my friends would be doing also.
RQL

Postby diphenhydramine on Wed May 06, 2009 12:53 pm

Time to bump, I think!

Since it's getting close to expo, wanted to make sure that everyone's still up for a little breakfast at the greasy spoon nearby! I'm going to lower the maximum number, as I've just started working in a greasy spoon myself, and would personally shoot myself if 20 people came in at once and demanded breakfast, so shall lower it to saaaaay 15. Also that caters for any lesser mortals not attending expo, who also decide to go for some mid-morning noms there - don't want to keep them from it =D

Again, if you're interested, then drop a message saying what day(s) you want to go! Shall edit the first post now~

Oh, and in the cafe I work, a full breakfast is less than £4 :3 so I think we haven't got too much to worry about price-wise.
diphenhydramine

Postby thecomedian on Wed May 06, 2009 12:59 pm

Put me down for the Saturday! :D

As long as there is a vegetarian option (because I just LOVE being awkward) I will definitely come! It will beat the hostel breakfast annnnnyday.
thecomedian

Postby diphenhydramine on Wed May 06, 2009 1:02 pm

thecomedian wrote:Put me down for the Saturday! :D

As long as there is a vegetarian option (because I just LOVE being awkward) I will definitely come! It will beat the hostel breakfast annnnnyday.

Hmm... I'm sure you'll be able to get some toast or something =D or just steal people's not-meaty things if the worst comes to the worst, I'm sure we won't begrudge you a tomato or two xD
diphenhydramine

Postby thecomedian on Wed May 06, 2009 1:14 pm

diphenhydramine wrote:
thecomedian wrote:Put me down for the Saturday! :D

Hmm... I'm sure you'll be able to get some toast or something =D or just steal people's not-meaty things if the worst comes to the worst, I'm sure we won't begrudge you a tomato or two xD

Toast is always a good veggie option :D
thecomedian

Re: Full English Breakfast - THE EXPO MEETUP!

Postby Rilack on Thu May 07, 2009 1:32 am

Ok, now I may have to reconsider...but I want the full english! anyways heres my reason:
the Bleach group photoshoot is now 11.30 :( this leaves me with 40 minutes to get to the cafe, eat, and get back again. pushing the limits a bit ey? Is there any chance of making this earlier? O:-)
Rilack

Postby diphenhydramine on Thu May 07, 2009 1:53 am

Rilack wrote:Ok, now I may have to reconsider...but I want the full english! anyways heres my reason:
the Bleach group photoshoot is now 11.30 :( this leaves me with 40 minutes to get to the cafe, eat, and get back again. pushing the limits a bit ey? Is there any chance of making this earlier? O:-)

Hmmm, we could probably move it back a little bit. Problem is, a large hunk of the people here are going to the One Piece meet at 10, which has a pretty big group and could stretch out for a while. We could move it back to 10:40? That leaves nearly an hour =D
diphenhydramine

Postby diphenhydramine on Thu May 07, 2009 4:21 am

Yeah, originally I had it as 20, but obviously I am expecting it to go a bit over on the day, which is why I lowered it =) Jesus why am I still awake? Only had about 10 hours sleep in 3 days D: If you have any definite people who are interested, post them here and I'll edit the list!
diphenhydramine

Postby Sera-eclipse on Tue May 12, 2009 8:31 pm

oh can you write me and my friend down for both days?

Breakfast!

thanks
xxxx
Sera-eclipse

Postby diphenhydramine on Wed May 13, 2009 1:37 am

Added you and your friend to the list, Sera-eclipse!

Also, I updated the post to include How-To-Spot-Us information.
diphenhydramine

Postby Iain7 on Wed May 13, 2009 8:34 pm

me and anywhere from 1-5 friends might join you on either of the days ;P maybe both lol
Iain7

Postby Flush on Wed May 13, 2009 11:33 pm

diphenhydramine

is it ok if me and my gf.. join you for breakfast thingi on Saturday morning?
we shall be wearing One Piece cosplays.... so it shouldnt be hard to spot us....??
(me as zoro and she as Robin)

also.. we might have a pair of....Twins.. who might tag along is that ok?
Flush

Postby diphenhydramine on Thu May 14, 2009 3:47 am

Iain7 wrote:me and anywhere from 1-5 friends might join you on either of the days ;P maybe both lol

Ok, if you're unsure of how many might be going, and on what days, why don't you just turn up on the day? Since I can't really fill all the places up, and then find that only 2 people go or something xD Wouldn't be fair on everyone else.

What I suggest is, if there's only 1 or 2 of you, then turning up on the day should be fine. But if you turn up in a big group, and there isn't enough room in the cafe to accommodate everyone, perhaps you and them could come along, say, 30 minutes to an hour later? Some people will have eaten and rushed away, so there'll be some more space. And if you're in a bigger group then hopefully you'd be able to lol around for a bit without feeling bored or anything. Sound good?

Of course, I've never been to this cafe, so it could turn out to be massive xD
diphenhydramine

Postby diphenhydramine on Thu May 14, 2009 3:52 am

Flush wrote:diphenhydramine

is it ok if me and my gf.. join you for breakfast thingi on Saturday morning?
we shall be wearing One Piece cosplays.... so it shouldnt be hard to spot us....??
(me as zoro and she as Robin)

also.. we might have a pair of....Twins.. who might tag along is that ok?

Ooh, there's going to be a fair few One Piece cosplayers there then xD Well, the breakfast meetup's right after the One Piece meetup anyway, so I'll grab you two while we're there. We so need some photos of Zoro, Robin, Trafalgar Law, Nami and Buggy (and maybe more) eating breakfast together xD

I'll put these twins down if they're interested as well, although if you find out nearer the time that they're not coming, just post and let me know so I can free up space for others who want to go :3
diphenhydramine

Re: Full English Breakfast - THE EXPO MEETUP! -Check for updates

Postby Yamakaze on Thu May 14, 2009 8:15 am

If its the cafe I think it is, its a decent size.
Telford Expo 2010
Barry the Chopper, Human (FMA)
Yamakaze

Postby diphenhydramine on Thu May 14, 2009 10:35 am

Yamakaze wrote:If its the cafe I think it is, its a decent size.

Good to hear! 8D
diphenhydramine

Postby Iain7 on Thu May 14, 2009 7:25 pm

diphenhydramine wrote:
Iain7 wrote:me and anywhere from 1-5 friends might join you on either of the days ;P maybe both lol

Ok, if you're unsure of how many might be going, and on what days, why don't you just turn up on the day? Since I can't really fill all the places up, and then find that only 2 people go or something xD Wouldn't be fair on everyone else.

What I suggest is, if there's only 1 or 2 of you, then turning up on the day should be fine. But if you turn up in a big group, and there isn't enough room in the cafe to accommodate everyone, perhaps you and them could come along, say, 30 minutes to an hour later? Some people will have eaten and rushed away, so there'll be some more space. And if you're in a bigger group then hopefully you'd be able to lol around for a bit without feeling bored or anything. Sound good?

Of course, I've never been to this cafe, so it could turn out to be massive xD

Yeah that's fine! :D see you all there!
Iain7

Postby WiggyDee on Sun May 17, 2009 10:40 pm

I will be controversial and have pancakes. Anyone going to join me for pancakes?
WiggyDee

Postby Pem on Sun May 17, 2009 10:51 pm

WiggyDee wrote:I will be controversial and have pancakes. Anyone going to join me for pancakes?

Damn, and browsing this thread was making me hungry enough as it is, but PANCAKES!?

...Maybe I will stalk you guys on the day after the One Piece photoshoot and secretly infiltrate the café! *ninjastyle* (quite contradictory for a pirate I must say)
October 2009:
{Saturday - Suki/ Avatar}
{Sunday - Angel/Fairy Tail}
Pem

PreviousNext

Return to GENERAL LONDON MCM EXPO EVENT CHAT - MAY 2009