Any tips on persuading parents?

This is where any guests attending the event are announced. Chat about anything to do with the event that does not fit into the other categories.

Re: Any tips on persuading parents?

Postby Miken01 on Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:10 pm

I love being 20 now my mum cant stop be from going, even if I am going alone but she still doesnt want be going on my own, she probably thinks ill get attacked or something.... mothers......

but anyways back to you, you know what they say " flattery will get you everywhere" xD
Miken01

Postby shaneh87 on Fri Apr 24, 2009 10:07 pm

Tbh as long as you don't go about thinking you're 10 men and being cocky you should be fine.
shaneh87

Postby Freyarule on Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:40 pm

The last two expos I've been to, I've only gone for one day (Saturday in May, Sunday in October) so this year will be the first year I'm going both days. I'm staying in a hotel but I'm paying for it as well as my friend so my parents are only paying for the possible train fares :D
Oct13 - Gou-chan/IceClimber/RainCard
Freyarule

Postby kitty_yachiru on Mon Apr 27, 2009 3:38 pm

just ask them honestly why they dont want you to stay overnight.
and respect thier response. if you go bawling and make a big fuss over it they'l think your too immature.
try agreeing with thier decision, and maybe they'l ket you stay overnight next time, when theyve seen how maturely you took thier decision.
or just try calmly explaining to them that there are adults at the expo, maybe see if theres someone about on the forums who will look after you on the day and maybe be there so your parents could contact them... *im rubbish at explaining things ^^;*

it will suck if you can only go one day. but trust me its better to miss out on one day of expo, than having parents play the whole 'do whatever you want' or 'were not angry were disapointed' card.

x
Mooooo? OH!! Moooooooo
kitty_yachiru

Postby Ryoko on Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:32 pm

my brother will be 21 and his girlfriend will be 20, and my mother is freaking out about me leaving them on their own in London to stay at a friends house! She thinks they will get lost or murdered or something.
Ryoko

Postby The Gundam Guy on Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:39 pm

Im only 14, Im staying In london by myself.. It's not too young. If you know how the transport and stuff works...
But If you are a Girl I would Stay with one or two other people. You dont know what can happen as big as this.
The Gundam Guy

Postby kawaiitsuki on Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:53 pm

The Gundam Guy wrote:Im only 14, Im staying In london by myself.. It's not too young. If you know how the transport and stuff works...
But If you are a Girl I would Stay with one or two other people. You dont know what can happen as big as this.

Yeah I'm going with a couple of friends and probably meeting people there ^_^
kawaiitsuki

Postby The Gundam Guy on Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:55 pm

well If you are going with a few people then it should be okay. But I see where you are coming from ^_^;
The Gundam Guy

Previous

Return to GENERAL LONDON MCM EXPO EVENT CHAT - MAY 2009