Question about submitting contact details for a guest

This is where any guests attending the event are announced. Chat about anything to do with the event that does not fit into the other categories.

Question about submitting contact details for a guest

Postby borgmanjayce on Thu May 21, 2009 8:40 pm

Who would I need to contact if I wanted to submit contact info for a potential guest for a future Expo that I know personally.

His name's Mark Musashi and he's mainly famous for his martial arts stuntwork and motion capture for the likes of God Hand, Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes and Metal Gear Solid 3 although lately he's been branching out into other forms of media.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Musashi

He has a pretty wide fanbase amongst fans of Tokusatsu [live-action Japanese superhero shows] both in the UK and US plus he recently starred in the latest season of CSI: NY as a character with a similar name to the main character of the series.

He's said to me personally that if he was invited by the organisers of Expo or any other similar events, he'd definitely be interested in attending any of them as a guest due to the aforementioned fanbase in the UK plus it could possibly tiein with the release of Kamen Rider - Dragon Knight [a Power Rangers-type show which is based on a Japanese counterpart] which is supposed to be airing sometime in the UK this year or next.
May 2012
The Spirit (Movie)
borgmanjayce

Re: Question about submitting contact details for a guest

Postby Faizinator on Sun Jul 19, 2009 8:46 pm

sorry to argue but kamen rider dragon knight is not power ranger-like, it's a remake of the 2002 series kamen rider ryuki, and also power rangers got thier idea off super sentai and super sentai got their idea from kamen rider so choose what you say wisely (sorry to be a .).
Last edited by Faizinator on Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm just a passing-by kamen rider..remember that..
Faizinator

Postby borgmanjayce on Sun Jul 19, 2009 9:53 pm

Faizinator wrote:sorry to argue but kamen rider dragon knight is not power ranger-like, it's a remake of the 2002 series kamen rider ryuki, and also power rangers stole thier idea off super sentai and super sentai got their idea from kamen rider so choose what you say wisely (sorry to be a .).

I was actually trying to explain that Kamen Rider is like Power Rangers in that it's an adaptation of an existing series; in this case Kamen Rider Ryuuki [it's actually spelt with two 'U' not one!] and FYI, the makers of Power Rangers did not steal the idea from Sentai, they adapted the idea from Sentai legally from Toei Entertainment and Super Sentai is completely different from Kamen Rider in that for the most part, the various Kamen Rider series are not actually a team type of show. Also Kamen Rider Dragon Knight like Power Rangers is legally licensed from Toei Entertainment.

In any case, why should I choose my words wisely just because somebody doesn't seem to want the cast and crew of Kamen Rider Dragon Knight to make a appearance in the UK to promote the series.

Hey, if they're willing to promote the show at a certain event in California next week [which I'm unfortunately not allowed to name!] then why shouldn't they be allowed to promote the series here if they had the chance to... At the end of the day, we should be encouraging more quality adaptations of Tokusatsu to be made in the future instead of discouraging them just because a minority of misguided fools don't like the idea of their beloved shows being ravished by heretical entertainment companies...
May 2012
The Spirit (Movie)
borgmanjayce

Postby Faizinator on Thu Aug 13, 2009 2:40 pm

"why should I choose my words wisely just because somebody doesn't seem to want the cast and crew of Kamen Rider Dragon Knight to make a appearance in the UK to promote the series." i honestly don't care if they come to the UK and i never said i didn't and my point is they are taking an original and making it bad, clearly you didn't see that
Faizinator

Postby borgmanjayce on Thu Aug 13, 2009 3:22 pm

Faizinator wrote:"why should I choose my words wisely just because somebody doesn't seem to want the cast and crew of Kamen Rider Dragon Knight to make a appearance in the UK to promote the series." i honestly don't care if they come to the UK and i never said i didn't and my point is they are taking an original and making it bad, clearly you didn't see that

You do know it's ill-informed arrogant fans like you that give fans of Tokusatsu a bad name with your holier-than-thou attitude!

Have you actually seen a episode of the series online? If not, then you're in no position to judge if it's a good show or a bad show or to say that the cast and crew shouldn't be invited just because you don't like the show.

In any case, it's becoming more and more popular all over the world by the day with RTL II in Germany showing the series in October and the Toei Channel showing the series in Japan in October as part of the Rider 10th Anniversary celebrations!

If you were a true Kamen Rider fan, you'd accept this series as a re-imagining rather than a complete remake of Ryuuki which in fact was the idea of the makers of Dragon Knight in the first place as they wanted it to be it's own unique take on Ryuuki.

If it's supposedly as bad as you make it out to be, then how come it's one of the most popular series on the CW4Kids in America at the moment AND they've moved the screening of the new episodes forward instead of starting again in October PLUS in Brazil, they're actually ahead of the US; episode-wise AND the series already has its fans in the UK even though it's not been licensed yet [a lot of them watching the series through YouTube or downloads] PLUS it's been mentioned in NEO a couple of times as well.

One more thing, unlike you who as I said have probably never seen the series, not only have I seen all the episodes available so far via downloads but I also know Steve Wang who's one of the Executive Producers of the series through a friend as well as the two main stars and they've said that they'd love to come to the UK to the Expo if they got invited...
May 2012
The Spirit (Movie)
borgmanjayce

Postby Faizinator on Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:05 pm

i've seen all up to episode 16 actualy, i never said you havent seen it and im starting to change my opinion on dk, for three reasons, 1: cool showa-like transfomation scenes, 2: its always cool to see older riders in HD and 3: i want to see how a japanese audience thinks about it compared to the original. also im not being arrogant i was just illinformed, i love tokuatsu and also there is still one reason why i dont like DK, they used some of the original fight scenes from ryuki. btw it's my opinion on the series and you can't change how i feel by saying you know some of the actors, i dont give a s*** atall about that. also if that thing about knowing the actors was a boast, big fail and kids like dk because its similar to power rangers (i think), this is my opinion, reply and argue all you want i really don't care, you don't realise other people have their own opinions. Anyway i think you misread what i said ages ago, nevermind, btw since you're the only person im talking to on here for now, what would people notice more? shinkenger costume or kamen rider?
Last edited by Faizinator on Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Faizinator

Postby Kommandoskar on Sun Oct 11, 2009 8:35 pm

sorry that was my retarded brother using my email again, he always hates "remakes" and doesnt wait for something to get going so ignore him (i also made sure he cant login again), i agree with you, KR DK would be awesome if they were at the mcn expo and im liking this series mroe than ryuki due to a better story line, i just dont like the bookstore setting thing.
Kommandoskar

Postby Toadsanime on Tue Oct 13, 2009 4:26 pm

Kommandoskar wrote:sorry that was my retarded brother using my email again, he always hates "remakes" and doesnt wait for something to get going so ignore him (i also made sure he cant login again), i agree with you, KR DK would be awesome if they were at the mcn expo and im liking this series mroe than ryuki due to a better story line, i just dont like the bookstore setting thing.

What?

Anyway, at least this thread has been revived now. Of course, the expo may not want to invite him, but hopefully an admin will be able to respond to this. I'm not a fan, but the more guests the merrier. :D
Toadsanime

Return to GENERAL LONDON MCM EXPO EVENT CHAT - MAY 2009