Thank You's and Comments.

This is where any guests attending the event are announced. Chat about anything to do with the event that does not fit into the other categories.

Re: Thank You's and Comments.

Postby Wildeth on Sun May 24, 2009 5:04 pm

- Thanks to the adorable Voodoo Baby stall holder for wanting to take my picture! I felt so loved 8DD

- Thanks to my mum for putting up with me all weekend xD

- Thanks to Joanna Zhou for signing my sister's momiji doll! ^__^ You were too nice!

- To Team Giblets for drawing a brilliant picture of me in my Kagami cosplay, you guys rocked =D

- To everyone who wanted to take my photo, I was so chuffed!

- To the smexy Dante cosplayer who was juggling near exit to the actual Expo, you were so sweet! <33

- Thanks to all my lovely forum friends who I met, in particular Sasuko who it was awesome to meet again ^^
May 2010

Sat Akira Kogami (Lucky Star)
Sun Finnian (Kuroshitsuji)
Wildeth

Postby dicks on Sun May 24, 2009 5:18 pm

Thanks to the guy working at Waterloo who told me the wrong directions to get around the Jubilee line closure (Okay, no sarcastic ones...)

Thanks to the dealers for having such an awesome and wide selection n_n

Thanks to my raffle ticket for getting me an Evangelion Platinum edition on the saturday :D

Thanks to everyone who appreciated my costume (Haruhi Genderbend - Haruki), and special shout-out to the group of Haruhi cosplayers who attacked me n_n

Thanks to everyone there for creating such a fantastic atmosphere

And of course, thanks to the organisers for making London Expo consistantly fun every year n_n
dicks

Postby Kagerou on Sun May 24, 2009 8:05 pm

-For the Mum and little boy who was cosplaying Naruto who really wanted a picture with me and her son, He had such a big grin on his face! made my day!

The mum was my sister and the boy was my nephew. You made their day too, thanks :D
Kagerou

Postby Pem on Sun May 24, 2009 9:01 pm

Then I Bit Your Face wrote:The Trafalgar Law and Perona pair: THEY GAVE ME A CUPCAKE and thats the first time I'd seen a law cosplayer so I was all OMG

I hope you enjoyed my cupcake! ;D Thank you for being so enthuastic about our cosplays and One Piece x3

As has been said above, thanks to the weather for being so nice, despite the rather severe sunburn I've acquired.

Thanks a lot to the staffer who helped me and my boyfriend find our friends in the early entry line (since one of them had our tickets xD), would never have dared walk down it without him!

And thanks to anyone I met who made the whole experience awesome.

No thanks to the super crowded main hall on saturday where I felt like I was going to faint (well done all you people wearing very thick/heavy cosplays!).
October 2009:
{Saturday - Suki/ Avatar}
{Sunday - Angel/Fairy Tail}
Pem

Postby RiverVine on Sun May 24, 2009 9:36 pm

Thank you to all my friends who wheeled me even katy up three slopes without killing me by letting go and honestly putting up with me being slow when I was able to walk
thank you to all the deathnote cosplayers who made our photoshoot amazing as well as the people who took photos and made me giggle at all the random videos and jokes
Thank you to everyone who laughed at the girl in the wheelchair shouting forward peasant to the person wheeling her
Thank you to kyothekat who showed how amazing cosplayers can look and her dad who made me tear up
Thank you to all clamp people for putting up with horrid wig and were as funny and sweet as anything

only bad thing people behind me sometimes said I shouldnt be cosplaying if im in a wheelchair and they hated people in wheelchairs cause they took up so much room. that made me upset a little bit. they bugged me. and the sun that gave me 2nd degree burns!!
RiverVine

Postby Emochris on Sun May 24, 2009 10:06 pm

RiverVine wrote:only bad thing people behind me sometimes said I shouldnt be cosplaying if im in a wheelchair and they hated people in wheelchairs cause they took up so much room. that made me upset a little bit. they bugged me. and the sun that gave me 2nd degree burns!!

thats shocking that River hun :(

Thanks to eveyone who talked to me and was a complete stranger
Thanks to everyone who let me take a pic of them and asked me for a photo
Thanks to all the people i saw off the forum and thanks to River for the flower it was well sweet, thanks huni - i love you guys so much!!!!!
Thanks to everyone at expo for all there hard work!!!

This expo has been one of the best ever, met craig charles and james duval - both awesome people
I bought some great stuff
Last edited by Emochris on Mon May 25, 2009 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Manchester Comic-con '13
Emochris

Postby xblackravenx on Sun May 24, 2009 10:55 pm

RiverVine wrote:only bad thing people behind me sometimes said I shouldnt be cosplaying if im in a wheelchair and they hated people in wheelchairs cause they took up so much room. that made me upset a little bit. they bugged me. and the sun that gave me 2nd degree burns!!

tch, run them over next time.

thanks to everyone up there for making it expo, to the organisers and stewards, to alex and kimmy and everyone else i met at the bleach meet, to the ppl on the statue (im really sorry but i forgot ur names already, my memory is so rubbsh!) to the espada for the cake, and to tom for taking me up there
xblackravenx

Postby danyata on Sun May 24, 2009 11:02 pm

Next time just go: "You're only jealous because I can play wheelchair basketball and you can't."

As I work in care and am around people in wheelchairs every day, these people obviously have no idea what it's really like. Report them to expo staff for being utterly horrible people with no sense of empathy in my honest opinion.
danyata

Postby Ultimket on Mon May 25, 2009 3:02 am

:arrow: Thanks for you all who came this week end, this was epic, I so much enjoyed myself! Thanks for all the customers who enjoyed themselves. Your joy is my drug! Keep on rocking in MCM people!
:arrow: The guy who said that even the Expo people could be cool as well (not sure how to take it though lol) and hugged me… wait, I hugged him ^^
:arrow: The Zelda wolf that played with the young child next to the main stage on Sunday after being filmed. Sweetest time at the expo ever!!!!! If anyone got a video, upload it ^^
:arrow: Big Thank you to the crew I led at the main stage Sunday, just plain awesomeness, everything was perfect! Hope to have you back in October!
:arrow: Thanks for the akatsuki cosplayer, who told me that I won the game!!!
:arrow: Tonyo Aka Nightowldarsky for saving me his last raffle ticket ;)
:arrow: The 3 girls who danced Y.M.C.A with me on stage Sunday, sorry about my craziness lol
:arrow: Big Kudos to the guy who handled me a lost Camera, people like him are rare nowadays, and I really want to mention him!!!
:arrow: Best regards to the annoyingly lovely girl at the Merlin queue :wink:
:arrow: Thanks for the one who make the Expo, The Expo!

NO thanks at all, for the people throwing rubbish anywhere even if there is a bin 5 metres away, it must look cooler to just throw it on the floor I guess…

Massive apologies for the stick/axe I walked on Saturday. Hit me please, I know I deserved it! Thank you so much for not being upset, I really really felt so bad! :oops: :oops: :oops:

[ :twisted: Evil mode: ON]
I wish the weather was bad so I could have seen more cosplayer going around the expo itself ^^
[ :twisted: Evil mode: OFF]
Ultimket

Postby Briggsja on Mon May 25, 2009 3:36 am

-One more thanks you from me to the apsalootly fantastic Jemima from Cats the Musical who has inspired most probably my next cosplay Bustopher Jones from Cats the Musical
Briggsja

Postby RanmaSyaoranSaotome on Mon May 25, 2009 10:03 am

Thankyou VERY much to the people behind the scenes at the expo, they work VERY hard!

And a MASSIVE thankyou to everyone at the cosplay desk! I'm more than happy to help out again!
RanmaSyaoranSaotome

Postby Lenrir59 on Mon May 25, 2009 10:54 am

Great expo in general, loved the weather for sure and the Touhou cosplayers.

Main gripe was the 'Good Ol' London Transport failed once more in keeping thier trains up for a pretty major event, shame on you London Transport!

Otherwise, loved the whole thing. My only advice to the organisers is to plan ahead with the London Transport to stop them slacking, those silly gooses!
Lenrir59

Postby Hannah-Kiwii on Mon May 25, 2009 11:28 am

The weekend I found myself dreading not too long ago was an overall success. So there are a lot of thankyous needed

My thanks goes to Robyn, who put up with me all weekend.
To Kit, who puts up with my whining 24/7.
To "Kingsley Shacklebolt", for helping us.
To the Terra cosplayer (I'll drop you a line later, most likely) who made me feel welcome, and to Locke, who finally turned up!
To Jen and Emily, who comforted me when I got so upset.
To Kim, the Zidane, who really made my weekend.
To all the masq stars...you rocked!
Oh, and Tommy too, for remembering me! (his aweome mission continues...XD)
Hannah-Kiwii

Postby Becca-Storm on Mon May 25, 2009 1:33 pm

wanna say an uber huge thankyou for an epic weekend ^^ Aside the lack of battery in cameras, plenty of people took pictures of me.... Did anyone else see anyother x-men cosplayers? 'coz i didn't, i saw wolverine claws but i dnt think they were wolverine xD i musta hugged like 100+ people that weekend ^^ Lost my voice from shouting !! hahah thanks for an amazing time, ima be there in octber, but not inside :) x-men storming it again however ^^i found a friend from last october too =D iw as like OMG ITS HIM!! LOL the ryuk and rem ithought were brilliant xD and the companion cube ^ and the tetris cube random uniqueness FTW =D expo =amazing despite the que :P lol damn those who made me repeatedly lose the we all know what !!!!!!! *fREE HUGS* hit back if you hugged stormfrom xmen.. 'czo its moi =D xD or hit back in general xD :wink:
when you see us cosplay, the inner child inside us secretly wants to join
Becca-Storm

Postby Becca-Storm on Mon May 25, 2009 1:34 pm

danyata wrote:

Next time just go: "You're only jealous because I can play wheelchair basketball and you can't."

As I work in care and am around people in wheelchairs every day, these people obviously have no idea what it's really like. Report them to expo staff for being utterly horrible people with no sense of empathy in my honest opinion.

OMG thats so freak'in harsh !! i saw people look at you funny n was like " *evil eyes* expo's for everyone" good cosplay though.. you were Light yagami right???????
when you see us cosplay, the inner child inside us secretly wants to join
Becca-Storm

Postby Lady Bahamut on Mon May 25, 2009 2:08 pm

Thank you to all the expo organisers!
Thank you to the Pokemon guy (I think it may have been Granny Gertrude?) at the cosplay desk for giving me glue to fix my sword with! :D
Thank you to all the wonderful CLAMP group!
Thank you to all the people I met!
Thank you to all the people who let me take photos of them!
Thank you to everyone!!
Last edited by Lady Bahamut on Mon May 25, 2009 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oct
Syaoran - CardcaptorSakura
Lady Bahamut

Postby ZouZou on Mon May 25, 2009 2:55 pm

I had alot of fun! With my first stop over for the whole weekend and Masquerade entry.
One thing that annoyed me though was the litter on Saturday.

Me and my friends returned to Expo at around 8, and the whole place was covered in litter from fellow expoers!
SINCE WHEN ARE YOU GUYS SUCH SLOBS?
There where ALOT of new people at Expo this year and by 2pm the place was a wastedumb.
It really made me sad because it made Expo just appear like every other place, dirty, with rude and un carrying people
-.-.
ZouZou

Postby Yatak on Mon May 25, 2009 3:24 pm

The litter really was terrible. It was worse than reading festival and even then most of the time its just messy due to the bins being full.
Yatak

Postby sarahtsang123 on Mon May 25, 2009 3:38 pm

As i only went on satuday, the train lines in the morning was alright(but london transport was annoying to go to central london >.<), so that was okay. It was pretty cool watching cosplayers getting on the same train as us......especially Tetris block guy...i couldnt stop laughing..hahah.
There wasnt really any thing that really stood out though...except for a few, like the random tent tardis, the super awesome joker who really did look him and had the attitude, the massive deathnote book xD, Tetris block, scarecrow, man with no face , (i dont know..what film is it from..), CATS. I noticed a lot of Kuroshitsuji cosplayers, which was pretty cool....too bad i missed the Seb and Ciel in a dress cosplay D:...i really wanted to see that >.<. Eugh..annoyed >.<.
LOL at the Sign- Free Swine Flu...=S..
I went to the Masqurade for the first time since going to Expo in may 08, it was alright... happy and proud that the Hetalia(sp- i dont watch it...) group won one of the ..prizes. my friend was China. The amount of people that kissed...especially Emo cloud hahahahahha( i never seemed to record the groups that kissed eachother hahah).....my eyes were watering xD. Shawn the sheep was awesome....and Nurse Joker.
RAWR
sarahtsang123

Postby UchihaSilver on Mon May 25, 2009 5:41 pm

Huuuge thanks to everyone who took part in my cosplay Hokey Cokey on the Saturday and Sunday! Especailly the shippuuden Sakura on the Saturday for being the first official person to want to join in! I am so glad that was such a success and if anyone has a vid of it uploaded on youtube, please link me ^^

Thanks to everyone for being awesome <3

Roll on October!
Semi retired cosplayer x3
UchihaSilver

Postby sonemily on Mon May 25, 2009 5:49 pm

Emochris wrote:

thats shocking that River hun :(

That is aweful rivervine, there's no need for that. Hell I may even end up being in a wheel chair in october, I have heart surgery coming up. The fact that you still made it to the expo and enjoyed yourself says it all. I agree, you should run the buggers over next time :D

I just want to say a big thank you to the guys who took part in the carameldansen/timewarp/conga line that my friends and I put together around 1pm both days. I had so much fun, we couldn't get over how well it went! We DEFINATLY plan on doing that and more in october! XD
sonemily

Postby Yamakaze on Mon May 25, 2009 6:35 pm

Thank you to the stall that sold me my Straw Hat flag. I wanted one since last Expo. It nows sits above my computer desk.
Thanks to Geohound Karakuri and friends. You guys were awesome and so friendly.
Thanks to the One Piece cosplayers as a whole. You know who you are and you made the weekend the amazing weekend that it was.
Thanks to Berserk667 for doing an awesome Giovanni. Didn't see you nearly enough. I hope your Caterpie is feeling better.
Telford Expo 2010
Barry the Chopper, Human (FMA)
Yamakaze

Postby Anne Drogenous on Mon May 25, 2009 6:43 pm

- Thank you to the TF2 group from Saturday for making me laugh inside my gasmask so hard, that I had to sit down, and for making some awesome photoshoots.

- Thank you to Leadmill for lending me some of the stuff for Combine on the Sunday. You're a legend mate.

- Thank you to anyone who gave me a sip of their drink on the Sunday. It was so hot inside an all-black combat suit, and the gas mask was, in effect, a very thick sheet of death and hatred.

- Thank you to everyone I recognised from last expo, and all the people I mjade friends with this time around. Specially hack and the individuals who joined me during chillin' tiem next to the water.

- No thank yous to the lady at one of the food stalls who asked me if I wanted any more than the bottle of coke that I had put in front of her, and kept making me repeat myself because my gas-mask muffled my voice. I only wanted a drink. D:

- Thank you to Sophy and Ruth for letting us mooch off you two for two nights. Free hotel room forthewin.

- Thank you to everyone, really. The sense of community is as strong as it's ever been at the expo, and it's only getting better, in my opinion.

So yeah, ending on a cheesy sentiment.
Awesome.
Anne Drogenous

Postby LSDFairy on Mon May 25, 2009 6:49 pm

Whew.

Big thank you to my mum and 'Tim the TomTom' for getting me there.
Thank you to the woman I saw on the bus that was driving next to us that smiled at my fairy cosplay and waved at me.

Thank you to the Finland FF battle people, that was a BLAST and that Sakura who helped me advertise that thing.
Thank you to the group on the sunday afternoon where we played Corners, red rover, etc..even though I can't feel my legs today..

Thank you to everyone who works at the expo.

Unfortunately I can no longer come, I'm moving to the US in July. D: Also, I was quite saddened at the lack of sci fi. but ah well. Good luck and have fun in October and future Expos everyone. <33
LSDFairy

Postby Yamakaze on Mon May 25, 2009 7:22 pm

OH!

And thanks to the awesome Barragan who remembered my Ness from October!
Telford Expo 2010
Barry the Chopper, Human (FMA)
Yamakaze

PreviousNext

Return to GENERAL LONDON MCM EXPO EVENT CHAT - MAY 2009