Thank You's and Comments.

This is where any guests attending the event are announced. Chat about anything to do with the event that does not fit into the other categories.

Re: Thank You's and Comments.

Postby Mazzer on Mon May 25, 2009 8:22 pm

Thanks to everyone that cosplayed - you were all amazing this expo!
Thank you to the people that didn't cosplay (becuase I feel bad about leaving you out)
Thank youuuu to the staff and people that organised it all - <3
Thanks to the random chats with people! Everyone has such energy!
Thank you to the people that avoided my boomerang on the tube - sorry for being an inconvenience!
Thanks to the sun - thought it would rain so much so *thumbs up*
Thanks to my friends who I always drag with me and who I love lots and lots
Big big thanks to Kagaura who made our photoshoot epic!

No thanks to my one friend that got us very very lost in the london one way streets. Being in the right lane at a big roundabout and hearing her say "Oh...it's a LEFT turn..." almost made me cry. (But thanks for trying anyway ;) )
Mazzer

Postby Pete-Nyan on Mon May 25, 2009 9:26 pm

Thanks to everyone being so nice and happy all the time!
Thanks for all free hugs
Thanks to all the awsome cosplayers who have convinced me to cosplay next time!
Thanks to everyone who let me take pictures of them, special to Akira, the only Luck Star cosplay I saw!!
Thanks to min-L for making me an Origami Crane in the entry line on Sunday
Thanks to all the high fives in the entry line on Sunday!

and a big thanks to random people at PTI in room 417 for being so aswsome at the GAME!!

Great day, defently coming in october!!!
Pete-Nyan

Postby Satorixxx on Mon May 25, 2009 9:28 pm

Thank you to everyone who attended and made expo what it was!!!

You kept us all busy but it was as always a pleasure!!!!!

:)
xxxx
MCM Expo - Competitions Coordinator
Satorixxx
Board Moderator

Postby KajiDaigoji on Mon May 25, 2009 10:00 pm

Had a great time and i have booked my hotel for the next one :wink: bring on october!
KajiDaigoji

Postby Li-Chan on Mon May 25, 2009 10:55 pm

Ok thankyous...

First to my dad for helping me a bit with my costume.

My friend Kev for getting me to MCM on short notice and sitting around while i was in character or dying from the heat.

The Thomas Brannigan cosplaying lady who kindly repaired all the holes in my costume.

The Girl cosplaying the scarecrow from dr who for playing along with my in character stuff.

Also much respect to her. I was boiling in my big outfit but as far as i saw hers never came off.

Thanks to all the nice dr who cosplayers and rose played by rose who fanned me while we were waiting for the shoot.

And everyone for being generally nice. ^^
Li-Chan

Postby Li-Chan on Mon May 25, 2009 11:03 pm

id like to add.

I was sad i couldnt walk inside too much around the stalls as my costume didnt permit it with so many people and the heat.

The only way i got in to buy stuff was by taking my costume off and even then i couldnt stay in there that long with that amount of people.

When u were inside ud think no1 was outside and when you were outside youd think no1 was in, just coz of the amount of people. Its amazing how much its grown within a year.
Li-Chan

Postby Zaiburst on Tue May 26, 2009 6:26 pm

I always enjoy the community at the expos, more so than anything else, I think it's because everyone's excitement is so infectious, and it's mesmerising how many awesome costumes there are, and never enough time to see them all. So thanks to all the great people who said hi, and those requesting/posing for photos.

I especially liked chatting to the saturday masquerade cosplayers prior to the show. There's a great sense of camaraderie in that queue.

among those I enjoyed talking to:
-the ubernerd crew (it's a bit embarrassing that we didn't recognise each other when you were in saint seiya costumes on sunday, despite getting a couple of you to pose for photos, hah), congrats on the wins.
-earthworm jim/jareth (great likeness on both)
-cloud, aerith and zack trio.
-one of the warhammer crew (although they all seemed mighty cool).

I thought the masquerade presenters and others at the cosplay desk did a really good job. No complaints there. (Although one of you, female stage hand, almost threw off my timing when it came to my turn to step on stage by insisting that the music was playing and that I should enter the stage, when it hadn't begun.)

James Duval seemed like a funny, down to earth guy. It was quite a thrill to meet him since Donnie Darko is one of my favourites. And he seemed to dig my neo outfit.

People at the game stall for Muramasa: The Demon Blade were pretty cool. They were trying to teach me the moves. I got there in the end. ;)

Until next time.
Zaiburst

Postby TrainXIII on Tue May 26, 2009 9:37 pm

A lot of people are mentioning thefts at the expo. Don't recall any mention of that last year. Is the economic crisis that bad!?
TrainXIII

Postby Admin on Tue May 26, 2009 10:51 pm

Yes their were a number of loosers that tried to ruin the weekend for the masses by stealing.

Many of them were caught and dealt with swiftly.

We have a number of plain clothed security working within the event and this happens at everyone.

I would like people to take note that people will be dealt with more severly in future without any thought for them in anyway!

If you steal then you want to hope that we do not catch you!

Admin
Admin
Site Admin

Postby Rayl on Tue May 26, 2009 11:35 pm

I just want to say thanks for making the expo so incredibly wonderful for everybody!

Also while i want to thank some of the cosplayers who really quite plainly put some effort and thought into thier cosplays i also want to say thanks to whoever was giving out those pieces of paper with one of my wallpapers printed on as i couldn't find them.

http://gallery.minitokyo.net/view/283057 being the one in question.

Anyway just throwing that out there and thanks again!
Torisugari no Photoshop Raidā da, oboeteoke!
Rayl

Postby Coco on Wed May 27, 2009 12:47 am

Briggsja wrote:@hellybobs I didnt see anyone thieving, but when I was looking at the wall scrolls at the Tokyo Toys stand I did tell one of the Tokyo Toys people to keep an eye on someone who was looking on them as well, he kept picking the same up looking at it then putting it back, after the 3rd time he did this I thought it was a bit odd, so I said to one of the people to make sure he wasnt up to anything, the person then he took it out and looked at it a 4th time then instead of putting it back in the stand thing, he rested it up agaisnt the side, which just isnt what you'd expect. After I bought my Ghost in the Shell one (which was deffently my best buy of the day!) I did see the Tokyo Toys people keeping a very close eye on him.

Its a sad but I guess unavoidable thing that happens i guess :/

Yeah thanks for helping us watch that person! Theres always a few who want to steal, but lucky for us many more who want to support us! I think i sold you the GITS scroll :D And thanks for buying what seemed like a million wall scrolls from us!

But the Expo security team are doing a good job keeping the stealing down as best as possible,

Hideki
http://www.TokyoToys.com
"Best Retailer 09"
Coco

Postby Leonie Heartilly on Fri May 29, 2009 10:48 pm

Thanks to the Cosplay desk guys for being amazing! And for providing repair supplies.
Thanks to Nert for helping me with the hot glue gun!
Leonie Heartilly

Previous

Return to GENERAL LONDON MCM EXPO EVENT CHAT - MAY 2009