Rubbish.... litterally.

This is where any guests attending the event are announced. Chat about anything to do with the event that does not fit into the other categories.

Rubbish.... litterally.

Postby Neko-Chan on Mon May 25, 2009 11:52 pm

How many other people were shocked by the amount of rubbish people left lying around outside excel on the sat? I took photos, I was really dissapointed not only in expo goers but in fellow cosplayers. its not hard to find a bin in that place, there was so much left behind. it was like Expo/excel had been turned into a giant waste disposal area. a dump site. T_T it wasnt fun for my walking back to my hotel, i could barely walk as it was nearly slipped down the stairs on a bag somone had dropped slid on an empty coke can and luckily i had my shoes on because there was broken glass everywhere!

just wondered what others opinions were on this. i know the bins got full but there was no reason for it to end up like this at the end of the day. i noticed sunday wasnt as bad, infact it was almost clean. But never has the outside of excel looked like this T_T i could have broken my neck on the stairs if my friend didnt catch me.

Pics:
http://s49.photobucket.com/albums/f258/ ... CF2725.jpg
http://s49.photobucket.com/albums/f258/ ... CF2729.jpg
http://s49.photobucket.com/albums/f258/ ... CF2732.jpg
http://s49.photobucket.com/albums/f258/ ... CF2734.jpg
http://s49.photobucket.com/albums/f258/ ... CF2735.jpg
Neko-Chan

Re: Rubbish.... litterally.

Postby blastuk on Mon May 25, 2009 11:56 pm

wow, that's a lot of trash.. i didn't even notice how much was left on the grass!
blastuk

Postby gekamelon on Mon May 25, 2009 11:56 pm

I didn't go outside so I'm wasn't there to witness it, but I know indoors I nearly slipped on some fliers and such that people had dropped on the floor or had fallen out of bags, didn't notice that last time I went to the expo. Next time I might take some big black sacks with me seeing as they're easy to carry ^^
gekamelon

Postby shaneh87 on Mon May 25, 2009 11:58 pm

I was shocked at all the rubbish on Saturday.The floor was covered in it.I walked around with a chocolate wrapper until i found a bin because i'm not one to just throw something on the floor.People need to be abit more conciderate at these events.I felt sorry for the poor guy in the place where we all queued up Saturday/Sunday morning as he was in that massive hall on his own tidying the place up.
shaneh87

Postby Neko-Chan on Tue May 26, 2009 12:00 am

I kept bin bags on me or put my stuff in my bag and put it in a bin when we found one. if not i put it in a carrier bag or bin bag and left it by the bin so when they came along to get it all it was sorted. but as i said it wasnt jus tthe fact that people done this it became a large health hazzard as the stairs were covered. i couldnt beleive people were laying/sitting amoungst it all aswell. >.<
Neko-Chan

Postby hanagata on Tue May 26, 2009 12:02 am

I was thinking the same. I saw the green area next to the stairs and it was full of litter. Didn't think of taking a picture (should have probably). This happens in a lot of places like festivals, carnivals and such. But I think people at the expo can be more conscious people. (I'm talking like an old man :( ). And maybe the Excel center could pout extra bins on that weekend.
My english sucks because hablo espanol :)
hanagata

Postby shaneh87 on Tue May 26, 2009 12:03 am

I can't remember it being that bad in October but i didn't really take as much notice then.
shaneh87

Postby gekamelon on Tue May 26, 2009 12:05 am

Neko-Chan wrote:I kept bin bags on me or put my stuff in my bag and put it in a bin when we found one. if not i put it in a carrier bag or bin bag and left it by the bin so when they came along to get it all it was sorted. but as i said it wasnt jus tthe fact that people done this it became a large health hazzard as the stairs were covered. i couldnt beleive people were laying/sitting amoungst it all aswell. >.<

I was thinking more along the lines of clearing the mess up myself lol. I don't mind doing it ^^
gekamelon

Postby Ningi on Tue May 26, 2009 12:53 am

I was quite dazzled, too actually. I never stayed too late at an expo, so I didn't know whether it was normal or not. Quite pitiful tbh.

My heart was with everyone who had to clean up that mess afterwards. The morning after it was all back to normal, but I can't imagine the amount of work they had to go through to pick up all that rubbish. x_x
Too hot to handle.

CLICK for my Expo video!
Ningi

Postby Zaiburst on Tue May 26, 2009 1:00 am

Your photos are quite shocking, I didn't notice that there was that much trash. But I did accidentally step in someone's half eaten take-away box which they left lying on the front steps.
Zaiburst

Postby CPU on Tue May 26, 2009 1:05 am

Yup, this was the worst rubbish I've seen, each evening I cleaned around my area. I asked the guys to pick up the banana skin they were literally playing with (throwing at each other) they intended to leave outside my booth- no one wants to see rubbish on the floor.

No excuses, the bins are everywhere.

Don't even get me started on the amount of stuff that got stolen this year :?
every time they invent a new fool-proof system, someone gives birth to a better fool
CPU

Postby badgerrocks on Tue May 26, 2009 1:27 am

I was truly shocked at the amount of rubbish left laying! Big kudos to the cleaners though they did a fantastic job as when i came out on sunday and monday there was barely anything there!
badgerrocks

Postby Toadsanime on Tue May 26, 2009 1:44 am

I left at about 2:30pm or-so on the Saturday (I arrived at about 8am) so I was lucky enough not to see the place in such a dump. Shame that people didn't care to look after the place. :cry:
Toadsanime

Postby kissaten on Tue May 26, 2009 8:15 am

yea :*( there was an awful lot outside the area was just covered in the stuff
kissaten

Postby issabella_mottman on Tue May 26, 2009 9:55 am

I didn't actually notice it that badly when I was there, we left at about 6 on Saturday although we didn't go down that way. From your pictures though, it looks horrible! I just don't get how people can drop litter, seriously. I mean, just put it in a bag and wait until you find a bin. Although to be fair, the bins were really full, so maybe excel needs more. But most people who drop litter probably wouldn't notice if there was a bin. I feel so sorry for the people who had to clean it up though, they deserve a prize XD
issabella_mottman

Postby sunny1r on Tue May 26, 2009 10:50 am

almost slipped on a coke can inside ExCel but i managed to keep my balance, quite surprised really at the amount of rubbish especially looking at these pictures. I guess that's what happens when more people show up, there's more rubbish.
sunny1r

Postby SamW89 on Tue May 26, 2009 10:52 am

I saw it in the evening when I went to grab some food from the shops. It was pretty damn horrendous, but I don't know how much was dropped during the actual Expo. The hill seemed quite clean to me, it was only after about half 6 I actually noticed the rubbish. Maybe I'm just going blind, but I'd say it was left there by people after the event ended that day.
SamW89

Postby redtone on Tue May 26, 2009 11:04 am

It was my first time to the Expo and I was quite shocked at the amount of rubbish not just outside but also inside.

If it wasn't for someone dressed as a jedi I'd of fell on the floor when I slipped on a load of posters just left there.

Shocking :(
redtone

Postby Lestat McDowell on Tue May 26, 2009 11:57 am

I do recall looking at the grassy area in the late afternoon and feeling very disappointed with the people who had sat there earlier. It's just not on to leave so much mess. And what's more, I think there were a lot of carrier bags in the mix, so it's not as if people couldn't have at least gathered up their rubbish, and at best carried it all to the bins.

If you ask me, the Excel staff should have focussed more on making people clean up than on shooing people away from the statue.
Lestat McDowell

Postby Omega Rune Fox on Tue May 26, 2009 12:33 pm

I was on the bank in the evening and there was ALOT of mess
including a few left weapons... lying around.

Someone did start cleaning but quickly left.
Omega Rune Fox

Postby thecomedian on Tue May 26, 2009 12:40 pm

People should clean up after themselves, not let other people clean up for them, I thought that much was common courtesy at least. And it's not as though there weren't bins around everywhere....
thecomedian

Postby Shay-Chan on Tue May 26, 2009 1:14 pm

Neko-Chan wrote:How many other people were shocked by the amount of rubbish people left lying around outside excel on the sat? I took photos, I was really dissapointed not only in expo goers but in fellow cosplayers. its not hard to find a bin in that place, there was so much left behind. it was like Expo/excel had been turned into a giant waste disposal area. a dump site. T_T it wasnt fun for my walking back to my hotel, i could barely walk as it was nearly slipped down the stairs on a bag somone had dropped slid on an empty coke can and luckily i had my shoes on because there was broken glass everywhere!

just wondered what others opinions were on this. i know the bins got full but there was no reason for it to end up like this at the end of the day. i noticed sunday wasnt as bad, infact it was almost clean. But never has the outside of excel looked like this T_T i could have broken my neck on the stairs if my friend didnt catch me.

Pics:
http://s49.photobucket.com/albums/f258/ ... CF2725.jpg
http://s49.photobucket.com/albums/f258/ ... CF2729.jpg
http://s49.photobucket.com/albums/f258/ ... CF2732.jpg
http://s49.photobucket.com/albums/f258/ ... CF2734.jpg
http://s49.photobucket.com/albums/f258/ ... CF2735.jpg

I remember, me and my friends were taking a break, on the grass. Some guy (whom I dont even think attended the expo!) dropped several beer cans right behind me! I felt moisture, and realised that whatever that was left in them had splashed all over what I had been wearing. Lucky I wasnt actually cosplaying...
Shay-Chan

Postby Pete-Nyan on Tue May 26, 2009 1:22 pm

That was a shame, there was loads of rubbish, how hard is it to keep your rubbish with you untill you find a bin or go to a bin >_<
Pete-Nyan

Postby Neko-Chan on Tue May 26, 2009 1:27 pm

Big Kudos to the cleaners, there was a small cleaning lorry but they couldnt take it on the grass at all. I saw a group of people sitting on a blanket like thing, inno who they were but they had a big bag, one person went to pick it up and their friend grabbed them telling them to leave it. Inno how people could have left it like that.

Yes there were more people this year but it doesnt give them an excuse T_T

Im glad i wasnt the only one who felt like this. all the photos i took were taken just after 6pm.

The inside i felt was a lot cleaner than usual. it was worse in some areas compared to others, but it was a lot cleaner.

CPU wrote:No excuses, the bins are everywhere.

Don't even get me started on the amount of stuff that got stolen this year :?

I actually saw a small boy standing at a stand stealing stuff (literally looking at it then putting them in his bag) the girl on the stand didnt even notice and there was no one else around the table (this was on sunday). When i tried to find someone to tell them they were nowhere to be seen. then a little later on another boy came along with a replica buster sword and tried to sell it to us, more than likely took it off someone or a stand when people werent looking. Police turned up about an hour later. Unfortunatly the guy i saw was no where to be seen.
Neko-Chan

Postby LSDFairy on Tue May 26, 2009 2:12 pm

My friend almost trod on glass on the field area, luckily the edges weren't pointing up or he would've trod on it (he wasn't wearing shoes at the time) I had to pick it up and throw it away because we were playing red rover/corners, etc.

It's really bad I can't understand why people just leave them, there's PLENTY of rubbish bins.
LSDFairy

Next

Return to GENERAL LONDON MCM EXPO EVENT CHAT - MAY 2009