Post-expo blues thread

This is where any guests attending the event are announced. Chat about anything to do with the event that does not fit into the other categories.

Re: Post-expo blues thread

Postby Mesodyx on Tue May 26, 2009 4:29 pm

I did have a bit of post expo blues coming home yesterday. But then I thought to myself that I have a busy few months coming up and that the time will fly, and before I know it, it will be Expo again where I can see all you lovely people 8D

In the meantime, I shall work, and make cosplay xDD
Mesodyx

Postby gekamelon on Tue May 26, 2009 4:40 pm

I'm glad I'm not the only one who's been depressed lately because of this. I thought I was the only one!

I always get a homesick feeling as I see the excel centre drift further away on the shuttle bus, it's so sad! Hopefully the time will go quick but it will feel like longer. That way It'll feel like I haven't been in AGES. Can't wait for october.
gekamelon

Postby rue on Tue May 26, 2009 4:43 pm

Yup, got the blues and got them bad... I'm missing everyone and the colourful cosplays and EVERYTHING!! TT_TT They should run it for at LEAST a day longer... xD I'm quite sure I'm not the only one who also enjoys the attention they get from strangers! xD Face it, which cosplayer doesn't? xD
Arnold 'Schmucko' Rimmer
rue

Postby Yatak on Tue May 26, 2009 5:08 pm

i didn't really get blues at october but i have it pretty bad atm =/. Its probably because i was more relaxed at this one as it was not my first cosplay so i could enjoy myself more T.T.

Roll on october!
Yatak

Postby Elegy on Tue May 26, 2009 5:15 pm

Got half term in the way, need to find something for the withdrawl! lol
"Winning shows great strength, winning without fighting shows true skill".
Elegy

Postby thecomedian on Tue May 26, 2009 7:12 pm

As my signature states, I'm already planning my October cosplay..... But 5 months is still too long! I have a Battle Royale OC roleplay game coming up that will keep me occupied, along with going camping and building my Jenny armour, but still, nothing beats actually being there.
thecomedian

Postby Ebonrook on Tue May 26, 2009 7:30 pm

This was my first Expo, first convention at all actually, I have decided that I am going to the October one already.

What about in between though? Anyone going to any other conventions?

My first convention and I already want to go to another one ^^
Ebonrook

Postby MisaMisa on Tue May 26, 2009 7:33 pm

I have it baaaaaaaaaaad, but that's mainly because for 3 days, I had about 10 roommates, and now I just have parents. I am so lonely.. now to await October.
MisaMisa
Board Moderator

Postby Elegy on Tue May 26, 2009 7:36 pm

For me I just want to go visit all the new cosplaying friends I made at the expo, I guess for me its the whole atmosphere!
Elegy

Postby Briggsja on Tue May 26, 2009 9:17 pm

I was so pumped for 2 weeks before even more so on the day, but now I'm all sad it's over :( at least I can now do what I do best... Organising for the expo!! XD
Briggsja

Postby MasakoX on Tue May 26, 2009 9:23 pm

I had a delayed sensation. On Monday I felt OK, but then today I just suddenly dipped and the post-con depression struck with a vengeance. :(
MasakoX

Postby UchihaSilver on Tue May 26, 2009 9:28 pm

Im glad it's not just me! First day back at work today and i was in uber sulk mode.... Buuut, I only have to wait two months before I can cosplay again ^^ My 21st bday theme is anime soooooo ;) But yus, it's very sad and October can't come soon enough! I miss free hugs :(
Semi retired cosplayer x3
UchihaSilver

Postby Yamakaze on Tue May 26, 2009 9:31 pm

It sucks a little but I'll manage.
Telford Expo 2010
Barry the Chopper, Human (FMA)
Yamakaze

Postby Emochris on Tue May 26, 2009 10:24 pm

I've started having it today....meh
Manchester Comic-con '13
Emochris

Postby beautiful_hooker on Wed May 27, 2009 11:09 am

:( Back to work today. And I know no ones going to be intrested in me talking about expo. I want to cosplay everyday!
Don't even know if I'll be going to expo in oct as I'll just be back from holiday so I might not have any money. :(
beautiful_hooker

Postby kylen_selina on Wed May 27, 2009 3:22 pm

The blues got me today (boo). On the plus side I didn't get con-flu (hooray).
Labels are for soup cans. Not people.
kylen_selina

Postby xblackravenx on Wed May 27, 2009 6:04 pm

ahh the dreaded con flu ! i anaged to avoid it aswel
xblackravenx

Postby Ryoko on Wed May 27, 2009 6:27 pm

*Cough SNEEZE splutter* I think I got a good whack of it. Bleh.

It was my first Expo, and the first for everyone I went with, its weird, I keep looking through photos on deviantart and myspace, kicking myself for missing people and not taking enough pictures and not talking to enough people. I want to go in October now, but if thats not possible I am deffinatly going next year in May, my friends and I are thinking of having an artists table there, that would be awesome but I know I wouldnt get to hang out outside which was so much fun this time round.

As for the post expo blues... WHY DID NO ONE WARN ME?!?!??!?! I think they came on when I was leaving the Excel and then hit properly when I got back to Wales. *le sigh.*
Ryoko

Postby Link179 on Wed May 27, 2009 6:48 pm

It hit me when we were waiting for the bus to go home. I always get disappointed after expo, usually because I can't find/afford things I want to buy. It's not as bad this time, seeing as I did find something special, but I keep seeing pics of cosplays and thinking why did I not see them? Why didn't I talk more to the people I did meet? :(
Although it's made me start thinking of complicated cosplays for October or next May o-O
Link179

Postby Becca-Storm on Wed May 27, 2009 9:20 pm

Pete-Nyan wrote:
shaneh87 wrote:
Pete-Nyan wrote:I have nothing finsihed college and just waiting for uni to start >_<, Expo was great then as soon as I got back " oh whats his face wants a websirte made, hes coming around tomorrow" blah! hes no Expo!

Wheres the Midlands expo? I shall have to find this it will help ^_^

It's held in Telford which isn't to far from Wales.It's only held on the Saturday though but it's great for a day out.The next one is in February.

Thats great news, I shall see if I can go there ^_^

@Freyarule, you can plan it all out for when you do get some moneys, thats what i'm doing ^_^

urgh.. i have expo-blues so badly !! one of the few places i feel i belong, sober ! lol no one gives a . what people think and what people do ! i miss all the people i met, and im so gutted about the lack of photos i took! my expo group is kinda all ove the country, and of course you and kevin from wales ! my pal from manchester who i metfor the first time, i miss him uber badly ! hes like my big brother and prepared to beat any f***** who hurts me! and itw as just so fun meeting random people and actually getting to knowthem and hang out with them.. i miss expo so much! and see the x-men artist was awesome aswell, oonly prob is could do with ebing abit bigger, i hate small spaces and lots of people =D hence why i lingered outside half the time.. but ja.. i just feel so unwanted at home, and i want pocky too! no where in maidstone sells it! xD oops long random rant there xD post-expo-blues sucks. especially during exam time !!! :'(
when you see us cosplay, the inner child inside us secretly wants to join
Becca-Storm

Postby xblackravenx on Wed May 27, 2009 9:29 pm

Becca-Storm wrote: urgh.. i have expo-blues so badly !! one of the few places i feel i belong, sober ! lol no one gives a . what people think and what people do ! i miss all the people i met, and im so gutted about the lack of photos i took! my expo group is kinda all ove the country, and of course you and kevin from wales ! my pal from manchester who i metfor the first time, i miss him uber badly ! hes like my big brother and prepared to beat any f***** who hurts me! and itw as just so fun meeting random people and actually getting to knowthem and hang out with them.. i miss expo so much! and see the x-men artist was awesome aswell, oonly prob is could do with ebing abit bigger, i hate small spaces and lots of people =D hence why i lingered outside half the time.. but ja.. i just feel so unwanted at home, and i want pocky too! no where in maidstone sells it! xD oops long random rant there xD post-expo-blues sucks. especially during exam time !!! :'(

maidstone is 20 mins away from me chic, and theres a few of us living in maid sitting_in_the_corner_alone@..com
xblackravenx

Postby Becca-Storm on Wed May 27, 2009 9:54 pm

xblackravenx wrote:
Becca-Storm wrote: urgh.. i have expo-blues so badly !! one of the few places i feel i belong, sober ! lol no one gives a . what people think and what people do ! i miss all the people i met, and im so gutted about the lack of photos i took! my expo group is kinda all ove the country, and of course you and kevin from wales ! my pal from manchester who i metfor the first time, i miss him uber badly ! hes like my big brother and prepared to beat any f***** who hurts me! and itw as just so fun meeting random people and actually getting to knowthem and hang out with them.. i miss expo so much! and see the x-men artist was awesome aswell, oonly prob is could do with ebing abit bigger, i hate small spaces and lots of people =D hence why i lingered outside half the time.. but ja.. i just feel so unwanted at home, and i want pocky too! no where in maidstone sells it! xD oops long random rant there xD post-expo-blues sucks. especially during exam time !!! :'(

maidstone is 20 mins away from me chic, and theres a few of us living in maid sitting_in_the_corner_alone@..com

awe woohoo =D actually i met a guy who lived in kent same age as me, can't ebelive that entire group thought i was like 14 !!! *le gasp* such a good time, all me memories make me cry /laugh/smile, will keep me going through my exams ^^ haha my mate said we were all saddos, i dared him to come say that in a room full of 1000+ cosplayers and he chickened !! xD
when you see us cosplay, the inner child inside us secretly wants to join
Becca-Storm

Postby kissaten on Thu May 28, 2009 10:23 am

yeaaa :( wish we didnt have to wait until oct :(
still atleast its this year :D
summit to look forward to
kissaten

Postby kissaten on Thu May 28, 2009 10:59 am

xblackravenx wrote:
Becca-Storm wrote:

im from chatham wow... didnt know there were a load of ppls nearby ?!
kissaten

Postby Elegy on Thu May 28, 2009 11:44 am

I believe up until now til end of June there is a few gatherings in the weekend in Troc and Hyde Park etc. So far I have been told, but the calender dates are dotted and gathered from Deviant Art, Facebook and the Expo forum. Mind you if Grandpa Thomas can send me one of his pimping buddies *cough cough Xblackravenx, hint hint hint* I will have a personal secretary to give me a list of the dates and gatherings!

Actually it would be nice to have a thread on here to have the list of social events happening in June no matter how small!
Elegy

PreviousNext

Return to GENERAL LONDON MCM EXPO EVENT CHAT - MAY 2009