PTI Club!

This is where any guests attending the event are announced. Chat about anything to do with the event that does not fit into the other categories.

Re: PTI Club!

Postby shinikami on Sat Apr 11, 2009 2:44 pm

I feel that I am really really really lucky! My friend had to drop out from attending to the expo due to her boss being a right old cow... so while she was here overnight, we decided to check the booking for Custom House - only to discover that they couldn't find it! Saying we should call tuesday! *massive panic*
So in a one off chance, I called PTI and discovered that they had rooms to spare!! So got one!! I feel so lucky in hearing that!!
I dont know how but just glad that have - then my friend ( not wanting to miss out october ) booked for october too!
So that's all settled for this year!
shinikami

Postby KajiDaigoji on Tue Apr 14, 2009 4:37 pm

sweet its everyone's lucky day with pti
KajiDaigoji

Postby Anne Drogenous on Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:11 am

Well waddayaknow.
When a disheartened Zombie Jesus stumbles up to his computer, so depressed that he would not be writhing within the hordes of cosplayers in the PTI and, instead, in some posh-land full of rich people, known as the 'Novotel', that he checks one last, desperate time if there are rooms. The PTI was his first port-of-call, his shaky hands scrolling through page after page of shameless self aftertising. But wait. Suddenly. There it was! ... A room!
He books the box, furiously throwing himself through various credit cards, losing a leg as the fighting got violent to a particularly sharp Debit Card.
Eventually, the text and the email arrived, calling upon him a new level of happiness as he realises how awesome the events that had just played out really are.
Zombie Jesus will be at the PTI once more.
Damnright.
;D
Anne Drogenous

Postby shinikami on Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:10 pm

This may have been asked before - but I remember seeing buses parked outside the west entrance of ExCel and the roundabout just outside PTI ...
Are they for the people that can't get to the ExCel that well? If it is, do you know if they're still running while these building works for the olympics.... as would solve some debates that currently having with myself.
shinikami

Postby kitty_yachiru on Thu Apr 23, 2009 2:39 pm

once again, ive canceld my room at PI!
but as always im likely to spend my evenings there eating mushrooms, and drinking cocktails next door!
so yeah..if people are trying to book a room still, try now!
xkittyx
Mooooo? OH!! Moooooooo
kitty_yachiru

Postby kyothekat on Sun Apr 26, 2009 5:23 pm

shinikami wrote:This may have been asked before - but I remember seeing buses parked outside the west entrance of ExCel and the roundabout just outside PTI ...
Are they for the people that can't get to the ExCel that well? If it is, do you know if they're still running while these building works for the olympics.... as would solve some debates that currently having with myself.

i would also like to know about this.. i never saw any busses in october so would like to know about them as im partilly crippled atm lol.. and well in cosplay fully crippled lol.. along with my parents lol :p
~KpopKimi~
kyothekat

Postby Neko-Chan on Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:14 pm

sometimes the busses park in random places for lunch breaks e.c.t ive never seen em tbh and as far as ive know there have never been services running. =\
Neko-Chan

Postby shinikami on Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:23 pm

Neko-Chan wrote:sometimes the busses park in random places for lunch breaks e.c.t ive never seen em tbh and as far as ive know there have never been services running. =\

Well there never have been building works between east entrance and PTI before... btw! does anyone know the status of that?
shinikami

Postby Neko-Chan on Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:53 pm

they will still have a pedestrian walk way, they dont have the rights to cut you off completely. either that or walk through car parks? xD all building works e.c.t usually have walk ways so you should be ok.
Neko-Chan

Postby RanmaSyaoranSaotome on Sun Apr 26, 2009 9:14 pm

Aww bugger!

All my friends have dropped out last minute and now I've not got a hotel room!

£200+ is a bit steep for myself alone, could ANYONE please fit me in?

>_<
RanmaSyaoranSaotome

Postby shinikami on Sun Apr 26, 2009 9:30 pm

Neko-Chan wrote:they will still have a pedestrian walk way, they dont have the rights to cut you off completely. either that or walk through car parks? xD all building works e.c.t usually have walk ways so you should be ok.

Last time we followed the road around the edge of the ExCel or walk all the way around... it was still a long way around...
There use to be that pretty tree walkway, where the boat hotel was, but they've dug all that up!
shinikami

Postby Kaythenia on Sun Apr 26, 2009 9:33 pm

RanmaSyaoranSaotome wrote:Aww bugger!

>_<

It's just me in my room, if you want you can come in with me.
Kaythenia

Postby RanmaSyaoranSaotome on Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:46 pm

Kaythenia wrote:
RanmaSyaoranSaotome wrote:Aww bugger!

>_<

It's just me in my room, if you want you can come in with me.

Sorry, just as I posted this, 2 people offered me potential lodgings XD;;;
RanmaSyaoranSaotome

Postby Neko-Chan on Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:51 pm

shinikami wrote:
Neko-Chan wrote:they will still have a pedestrian walk way, they dont have the rights to cut you off completely. either that or walk through car parks? xD all building works e.c.t usually have walk ways so you should be ok.

Last time we followed the road around the edge of the ExCel or walk all the way around... it was still a long way around...
There use to be that pretty tree walkway, where the boat hotel was, but they've dug all that up!

theyll probably have it sorted by expo because of the grand designs thing before expo its a big thing and on tv dont want them being shown up xD all depends realy which end of the building expo is gonna be i this year.
Neko-Chan

Postby KajiDaigoji on Sun Apr 26, 2009 11:16 pm

This is probably a stupid question but how far is the pti from the excel centre? I mean the one next to it?
KajiDaigoji

Postby Neko-Chan on Sun Apr 26, 2009 11:39 pm

literally a 3-4 minute walk out the back of excel opposite end to ibis ect.
Neko-Chan

Postby kitty_yachiru on Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:18 am

its actually not a bad walk, or you could be really lazy and get the DLR to custom house XD *i think the DLR is still running?...maybe*

the only downside to taking the walk round was last time a bus window exploded as we walked past XD, it rained glass on all of us XD
Mooooo? OH!! Moooooooo
kitty_yachiru

Postby Jade Edgeworth on Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:36 am

DLR is broken Saturday, Sunday and I think Monday. D:
Jade Edgeworth

Postby Neko-Chan on Mon Apr 27, 2009 6:30 pm

i thought it was only PART of the DLR or are they shutting the whole lot now?
Neko-Chan

Postby shinikami on Mon Apr 27, 2009 6:51 pm

They've shut the parts that we need for the expo go-ers

It's from Blackwall to Prince Regent - that affects us unfortunately! We believe the trains will still be running but not stopping at the stations we need ... AKA Custom House and Prince Regent.

It's a pain I know! So there will be replacement bus services - but no point really for one stop...

Just have to grin and bare it
shinikami

Postby Neko-Chan on Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:38 pm

i feel really sorry for the people who are getting a train home on the sunday D=
Neko-Chan

Postby kyothekat on Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:38 am

i feel sooo lucky that this time we decided to drive down :D..... phew
~KpopKimi~
kyothekat

Postby Tonyo on Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:55 pm

Doh! If I could just be willing to spend an extra few quid, I'd stay until Tuesday, but I've already booked my train ticket home and I have videos to make. :D
Tonyo

Postby kyothekat on Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:59 pm

Tonyo wrote:Doh! If I could just be willing to spend an extra few quid, I'd stay until Tuesday, but I've already booked my train ticket home and I have videos to make. :D

theres no way in hell you can stay and give up making your videos... tony id hunt you down and spank you till you was blue :P!! :D
~KpopKimi~
kyothekat

Postby Tonyo on Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:03 pm

kyothekat wrote:theres no way in hell you can stay and give up making your videos... tony id hunt you down and spank you till you was blue :P!! :D

:D I'll have to do a quick job this time because we have the electrician coming in at the start of June to re-wire the house. That worries me more about not getting my videos finished rather than the place being a mess. :D
Tonyo

PreviousNext

Return to GENERAL LONDON MCM EXPO EVENT CHAT - MAY 2009