Rock Band/Guitar Hero Competition

This is the area where you can discuss the various gaming and computer companies who attend the London MCM Expo and their products

Re: Rock Band/Guitar Hero Competition

Postby whitesquall on Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:47 pm

lol you would assume correctly i was rank 20 on warriors of time when i did it (dunno if its changed since then) i FC'ed everything cept that crazy 3rd solo even i can't get much higher than 80% on that one, altho i probably could get 90% on a good day lol. i've only sightread waking the demon though and i made a lot of silly mistakes coz i wasn't paying much attention since i was expecting it to be harder but it was quite easy cept the weirdly fast strumming and 1 part in the solo. warriors of time was pretty cool though :D shame i missed a easy sp phrase in the last solo otherwise i would have had about 280k but i got 262k instead unfortunately :(
Image
Stopped updating it since RB2 because i stopped playing competitively.
User avatar
whitesquall
 
Posts: 161
Joined: Fri Jun 02, 2006 2:31 pm
Location: london

Re: Rock Band/Guitar Hero Competition

Postby Gandalf_LostTheGame on Fri Apr 10, 2009 8:53 am

....
Y-Y-You're not human
are you inbred and have like 12 fingers on one hand? Or a pet spider? IM LOOKING FOR YOUR SPIDER SQUALL!

Then again... *looks at Masako*
Stupid high rankers... *Still annoyed at Rock Band Leaderboards* I FC'D DONT STOP BELIEVING ON BASS FIRST AND I KNOW IT Q_Q
In fact I'm gonna go play it now briefly before work :333
Started attending Expo's: October 2005
Expo's attended: 10
Times Cosplayed: 0
User avatar
Gandalf_LostTheGame
 
Posts: 177
Joined: Sat Sep 13, 2008 7:21 pm
Location: Midlands

Re: Rock Band/Guitar Hero Competition

Postby Snake5k6 on Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:54 am

haha, that battle of the bands where masako is ranked 13th, i managed to FC the 3 last songs but only gold starred master exploder, how does masako hit the start 2 phrases :shock:
I WANT MY GOODWOODS ALREADY (stupid customs ¬_¬)
Snake5k6
 
Posts: 79
Joined: Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:56 am

Re: Rock Band/Guitar Hero Competition

Postby whitesquall on Fri Apr 10, 2009 5:45 pm

haha ive heard that i have trained a pet spider b4 unfortunately i don't have one but i am planning on training my cat or a monkey one day lol i played a lot of real guitar and luckily i got used to guitar hero quickly altho i could only play expert i sucked at everything else, still do lol rockbands leaderboards take over an hour sometimes to update it's well annoying when ur trying to get the highscore lazily lol like on last resort i randomly decided to get the highscore but i played the song and it looked like my score was first so i waited for about 50mins and it still didn't change i had to w8 for like 2 or 3 hours b4 it went up for some reason, then some dude took first from me by 1 point :( i had to take it back, i can't be losing by 1 point lol now im first by 100 points ;)

snake5k6 are u talking about vocals on master exploder? coz i FC'd that on vocals somehow lol random sp path though since i never really done vocals b4 that lol
Image
Stopped updating it since RB2 because i stopped playing competitively.
User avatar
whitesquall
 
Posts: 161
Joined: Fri Jun 02, 2006 2:31 pm
Location: london

Re: Rock Band/Guitar Hero Competition

Postby MasakoX on Sat Apr 11, 2009 2:23 pm

Snake5k6 wrote:haha, that battle of the bands where masako is ranked 13th, i managed to FC the 3 last songs but only gold starred master exploder, how does masako hit the start 2 phrases :shock:
I WANT MY GOODWOODS ALREADY (stupid customs ¬_¬)


Psssh, those are easy! XD
User avatar
MasakoX
 
Posts: 84
Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2007 6:29 pm
Location: UK

Re: Rock Band/Guitar Hero Competition

Postby pocayo on Sat Apr 11, 2009 2:40 pm

I take it you all play on expert? .__.

I think I will enter the tourney even though I am still trying to do the hardest songs on hard ;_;
Image
User avatar
pocayo
 
Posts: 372
Joined: Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:48 pm
Location: Camden

Re: Rock Band/Guitar Hero Competition

Postby Snake5k6 on Sun Apr 12, 2009 2:44 pm

the more the merrier, a little harder competition this time please though (I'M LOOKING AT YOU TEAMFOURSTAR) ^_^
Snake5k6
 
Posts: 79
Joined: Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:56 am

Re: Rock Band/Guitar Hero Competition

Postby pocayo on Sun Apr 12, 2009 3:37 pm

I'm thinking of doing the vocals now anyway since I managed most songs on expert last night :D
Image
User avatar
pocayo
 
Posts: 372
Joined: Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:48 pm
Location: Camden

Re: Rock Band/Guitar Hero Competition

Postby wildfireskunk on Sun Apr 12, 2009 6:40 pm

Snake5k6 wrote:the more the merrier, a little harder competition this time please though (I'M LOOKING AT YOU TEAMFOURSTAR) ^_^


You say that like we weren't good enough for you last time ;D
User avatar
wildfireskunk
 
Posts: 206
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2005 2:30 pm
Location: Portsmouth

Re: Rock Band/Guitar Hero Competition

Postby MasakoX on Sun Apr 12, 2009 10:12 pm

Well, I'll certainly give you guys a challenge. :D
User avatar
MasakoX
 
Posts: 84
Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2007 6:29 pm
Location: UK

Re: Rock Band/Guitar Hero Competition

Postby Snake5k6 on Sun Apr 12, 2009 10:33 pm

wildfireskunk wrote:You say that like we weren't good enough for you last time ;D


well that was entirely our fault, we led the whole way thorugh until we stupidly decided to pick learn to fly for the final, GOD KNOWS why we did... :P

i sure hope you do masako, come october if wildsquall still haven't gone down, we could do some merging seeing as we hold the guitar and drums and you have the vocals and bassist ;)
Snake5k6
 
Posts: 79
Joined: Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:56 am

Re: Rock Band/Guitar Hero Competition

Postby King_Hot_Chip on Mon Apr 13, 2009 5:50 pm

You know, I like Wildsquallkodiax, But I also like 4 Gods Know Stars, But which ones better?
There's only one way to find out.
FIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT!
King Hot Chip - You know, being epic is a tough job.
User avatar
King_Hot_Chip
 
Posts: 139
Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:58 am
Location: UK

Re: Rock Band/Guitar Hero Competition

Postby whitesquall on Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:29 pm

well it wasn't entirely ur fault i mean the difference at the end was 1.1mil and ur score on learn to fly was 0.7mil so u needed a song to replace that in which u could get 1.8mil and the highest score on any song by either of us was 1.7 mil so u don't have to kick urself about choosing that song since it wouldn't have made a difference anyway ;) i hope that makes u feel better :P
Image
Stopped updating it since RB2 because i stopped playing competitively.
User avatar
whitesquall
 
Posts: 161
Joined: Fri Jun 02, 2006 2:31 pm
Location: london

Re: Rock Band/Guitar Hero Competition

Postby Snake5k6 on Tue Apr 14, 2009 4:07 pm

in that case i blame this entirely on the fact that you turned up :P Damn awesomeness of yours!
Snake5k6
 
Posts: 79
Joined: Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:56 am

Re: Rock Band/Guitar Hero Competition

Postby whitesquall on Tue Apr 14, 2009 5:34 pm

haha i go to every london expo its not like i showed up simply to thwart ur chance of winning the RB competition lol everyone in my band are great players cept the bassist :P i think nerves got the better of him but this time he should be at his best so hopefully we'll win again but who knows u guys or team 4 star might win this time, since i didn't c them play i dunno how good they are i dunno what the threat is there lol and also hoping the first song doesn't suck this time, i hate courtney love in general i get so bored playing or listening to her songs, same with nirvana its just too easy.
Image
Stopped updating it since RB2 because i stopped playing competitively.
User avatar
whitesquall
 
Posts: 161
Joined: Fri Jun 02, 2006 2:31 pm
Location: london

Re: Rock Band/Guitar Hero Competition

Postby wildfireskunk on Tue Apr 14, 2009 6:34 pm

whitesquall wrote:everyone in my band are great players cept the bassist :P


Bahaha
User avatar
wildfireskunk
 
Posts: 206
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2005 2:30 pm
Location: Portsmouth

Re: Rock Band/Guitar Hero Competition

Postby GAINAX on Tue Apr 14, 2009 6:39 pm

whitesquall wrote:everyone in my band are great players cept the bassist :P

Thanks Squall :p
Try using the Rockband guitar for the first time with loads of people watching you, expecting you to do well XD

And it's true I'm not as good as you, but that's because I don't dedicate my life to it :P
Still, I've gotten used to the Rockband guitar now, so we should be good :D
| http://gainax-aesir.deviantart.com | SSBBFC: 0430-9761-2138 [Zero] |
Image
[Smash team mate - Wildfirekunk]
User avatar
GAINAX
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Aug 12, 2008 5:31 pm
Location: AREA 11

Re: Rock Band/Guitar Hero Competition

Postby whitesquall on Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:14 pm

haha i was just messing with u man, i haven't dedicate my life to it though it's just a game i was naturally good at ;). when i first started playing i started on expert and could 4/5 star almost every song ,the ones i struggled with at first were like psychobilly freakout, six, misirlou, stuff like that. i should have dedicated my life to it i might have made it to rank 1 lol well anyway its good that ur used to the rockband guitar now its gonna be really hard to beat us i'm looking forward to the challenges :D but i can't forget about brawl i should probably start playing that more once ive gotten over this cold/cough and my eye's stop stinging, its really hard to play games when ur eye's are stinging lol
Image
Stopped updating it since RB2 because i stopped playing competitively.
User avatar
whitesquall
 
Posts: 161
Joined: Fri Jun 02, 2006 2:31 pm
Location: london

Re: Rock Band/Guitar Hero Competition

Postby Gandalf_LostTheGame on Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:56 pm

@Snake: ...... and have you found a vocalist yet? >:]

@Squall: ... I refuse to believe you haven't dedicated your life to it! but yeah I was gonna ask if you played real guitar too :/

@Masako: STOP HAVING A SOCIAL..... uhhhh.. umm... social... live?.... social...death? No...uhhhh... Social Life! Yeah that's the one!

@Everyone else and above: Chinese Democracy DLC thoughts? I aint listened to the album and hopefully dont intend to, but just wondered if there were any interesting tracks on it worth checking into.

Edit:
who was the merge between o.o;
Started attending Expo's: October 2005
Expo's attended: 10
Times Cosplayed: 0
User avatar
Gandalf_LostTheGame
 
Posts: 177
Joined: Sat Sep 13, 2008 7:21 pm
Location: Midlands

Re: Rock Band/Guitar Hero Competition

Postby whitesquall on Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:39 am

lol i used to play it a lot but i play every game a lot when i get new ones, i played it for like 6-10 hours a day for about 5 months then i just cut down to playing every so often. i got 1 song from the chinese democracy pack since it had devil rating on guitar but it wasn't that hard apart from the ending triplet section of the solo it was pretty easy i'd have rated it 4* or 5*. yeah i played guitar for about 7 or 8 years but i stopped for awhile somewhere in that then this girl i knew wanted to hear me play over the phone so i ended up playing fade to black by metallica (made a few mistakes though lol) and got back into it again since i wanted to play for her again but without the mistakes to regain my pride, never happened though lol but i just mess around really now i don't play to get better, i just play for the sake of playing.
Image
Stopped updating it since RB2 because i stopped playing competitively.
User avatar
whitesquall
 
Posts: 161
Joined: Fri Jun 02, 2006 2:31 pm
Location: london

Re: Rock Band/Guitar Hero Competition

Postby Snake5k6 on Thu Apr 16, 2009 4:13 pm

WOOOO my goodwoods arrived yesterday, best investment i've ever made
Snake5k6
 
Posts: 79
Joined: Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:56 am

Re: Rock Band/Guitar Hero Competition

Postby Gandalf_LostTheGame on Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:47 pm

best investment I made was at the last tournament where I paid for a guys entry and fee and he gave me a tenner :D

awwww you're like a ickle saiyan Squall, you has your pride -w-
Started attending Expo's: October 2005
Expo's attended: 10
Times Cosplayed: 0
User avatar
Gandalf_LostTheGame
 
Posts: 177
Joined: Sat Sep 13, 2008 7:21 pm
Location: Midlands

Re: Rock Band/Guitar Hero Competition

Postby Gandalf_LostTheGame on Sun Apr 19, 2009 8:46 pm

is that an achievement?
oh yeah some emofaggot is boasting about beating 9 people in a row and get 700 sumin k on Through Fire and Flames... Fancy mopping someone Squall? It's on GH mind you
Started attending Expo's: October 2005
Expo's attended: 10
Times Cosplayed: 0
User avatar
Gandalf_LostTheGame
 
Posts: 177
Joined: Sat Sep 13, 2008 7:21 pm
Location: Midlands

Re: Rock Band/Guitar Hero Competition

Postby whitesquall on Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:34 pm

gh? i don't have that anymore technically since i lent it to a mate and even if i did i doubt it would go that well since on gh3 i only played about 80% of the main set list for than once lol then everything else cept dlc i just sightread so my score on ttfaf isn't that impressive and if he's boasting about that score he's probably gonna wanna play it altho im sure i could beat him regardless of practice ;) lol whats his gamertag maybe i've heard of him.
Image
Stopped updating it since RB2 because i stopped playing competitively.
User avatar
whitesquall
 
Posts: 161
Joined: Fri Jun 02, 2006 2:31 pm
Location: london

Re: Rock Band/Guitar Hero Competition

Postby King_Hot_Chip on Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:56 am

Oh noes, that new Mr. Bucket pack with Robert Logia has released today. Hardest songs ever, rules and Qualifying song selection will be up in the very near future, just thinking over a few things.
I DON'T BELIEVE YOU!
King Hot Chip - You know, being epic is a tough job.
User avatar
King_Hot_Chip
 
Posts: 139
Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:58 am
Location: UK

PreviousNext

Return to GAMES VILLAGE @ EXPO - MAY 2009

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron