CLAMP Group (All details on first post!)

Discuss the UK's largest Masquerade event which takes place both days during the London MCM Expo.

Do you Cosplay? Then tell us what you like about the event we organise, what costumes you are wearing or how you feel we can improve Cosplaying at the London MCM Expo

Re: CLAMP Group

Postby ChibiYaoiOtaku on Sun Jan 04, 2009 8:32 pm

charlieparrot wrote:lol you don't have to be good at art, Im gona write a letter in english/japanese ^^

So will you be typing a letter in english then using an online translator to convert it into Japanese? If so...SEND ME THE TRANSLATOR LINK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (plays ominous music)
ChibiYaoiOtaku

Postby charlieparrot on Mon Jan 05, 2009 6:49 am

I hadn't thought of typing it out... ^^ I'm probably going to hand-write it on some nice stationary. I go to a language college, and even though I don't learn Japanese there, I can still ask one of the 4 or so Japanese teachers that work there for help ;) And I have one friend who's Japanese and another who's half Japanese. If you need any translation help, I'm pretty sure I can ask someone :D (That's also why I'm loving the far away deadline, so I don't have to hassle my friends/busy teachers)
charlieparrot

Postby Lady Bahamut on Mon Jan 05, 2009 3:24 pm

Wow, I'd be more than up for this!!! :D
Oct
Syaoran - CardcaptorSakura
Lady Bahamut

Postby ChibiYaoiOtaku on Mon Jan 05, 2009 4:06 pm

charlieparrot wrote:I hadn't thought of typing it out... ^^ I'm probably going to hand-write it on some nice stationary. I go to a language college, and even though I don't learn Japanese there, I can still ask one of the 4 or so Japanese teachers that work there for help ;) And I have one friend who's Japanese and another who's half Japanese. If you need any translation help, I'm pretty sure I can ask someone :D (That's also why I'm loving the far away deadline, so I don't have to hassle my friends/busy teachers)

OOOOOOOOOOOOO....YAY!!! Thanks for offering to help with the translation!!!! (bows down to charlieparrot).
BTW, may I ask you for your msn adress so I can send you the letter when I get round to typing it?

Also, YAY!!!! For all the snow today!!!!
ChibiYaoiOtaku

Postby Sasuko on Mon Jan 05, 2009 5:24 pm

*punches air* yeah! snoww!

also I'd me more than happy to submit a photo of me as freya =3 so long as I have a chii to pose with XD
The ninja Atsu
Sasuko

Postby RubyUria on Mon Jan 05, 2009 6:34 pm

Lady Bahamut wrote:
RubyUria wrote:I am going as Real Syaoran too o.o depends, One could be Clone Syaoran having those clothes and the other being the real one, I'm not sure if I'll find you guys but I'll keep it in check as I'll go on Saturday hopefully.

I'd love to have a clone to fight with :lol: I don't think we'll be that hard to find but you are welcome to join!! Shall I add you to the list? :)

You may do so Lady, I have confirmed I will be going on Saturday, I'll have to bring a list of what events there are and check it every time :lol: I'll have to try and get Syaoran's sword too o.o all i'm hoping is it won't be very cold and windy on that day, to be honest I was kinda worried whenever I would arrive but luckily, that's gone as my holiday has been shifted to Summer lol

Also, i'll be more than happy for CLAMP to see how dedicated we are...in fact I shall bring a Plushie Princess Sakura (Tsubasa) with me!
Shinku ~ Dog Days
Sat Oct 2011
RubyUria

Postby Lady Bahamut on Mon Jan 05, 2009 6:57 pm

Okay, I'll add you to the list! And making Hien should be alot easier than making real Syaoran's nameless sword! :lol:

What we'll have to do is a take a big group picture of all of us and send it in ASAP to the person of that journal, I wouldn't want us to miss that deadline ^^;
Oct
Lady Bahamut

Postby Amollion on Wed Jan 07, 2009 2:47 pm

Heya CLAMP fans im doing Chii in a lolita dress on Sunday and im a guy wahahahha
Amollion

Postby ChibiYaoiOtaku on Wed Jan 07, 2009 4:38 pm

Amollion wrote:Heya CLAMP fans im doing Chii in a lolita dress on Sunday and im a guy wahahahha

Funny how your name reminds me of papillion from Busou Renkin XD.
Also, as long as you're not that 40 year old, bearded man who cross-dresses as sakura, i say "Welcome!"
ChibiYaoiOtaku

Postby danceofthesnow on Wed Jan 07, 2009 5:02 pm

Hiya, I'm going to be going as Sakura from Tsubasa both days :D
October: Levy - Fairy Tail
danceofthesnow

Postby Lady Bahamut on Wed Jan 07, 2009 5:25 pm

Wow, two more people! I have added you both to the list! We're getting quite a number of people now, which means more fun! :D
Oct
Lady Bahamut

Postby Amollion on Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:23 pm

ChibiYaoiOtaku wrote:
Amollion wrote:Heya CLAMP fans im doing Chii in a lolita dress on Sunday and im a guy wahahahha

Funny how your name reminds me of papillion from Busou Renkin XD.
Also, as long as you're not that 40 year old, bearded man who cross-dresses as sakura, i say "Welcome!"

LOL no luckily im not this is my first time im cosplaying a girl it should be a laugh im even doing mew ichigo saturday but thats not clamp prductions.

Is there really a forty year old man who cosplays ssakura?
Amollion

Postby ChibiYaoiOtaku on Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:13 pm

Is there really a forty year old man who cosplays ssakura?

PING!!!! Yep, theres usally a 40 year old or so man who has a beard and really hairy legs who cross-plays as young sakura from naruto. Its really creepy to look at but it really does lighten the mood....if you read Neo Magazine, there's a photo of him in an old issue.
ChibiYaoiOtaku

Postby charlieparrot on Wed Jan 21, 2009 7:17 am

CLAMP FANBOOK UPDATE

Here's the update: http://community.livejournal.com/clamp_ ... tml#cutid1

If you're interested this in project and want to participate, please check CLAMP Now at http://community.livejournal.com/clamp_now/ as I don;t plan on writing every update here ^^"

The deadline for regular submissions is May 17th and June 6th (by scanner+email, I think) SO WE COULD GET PICTURES FROM OUR COSPLAY IN THE BOOK!!! ^___^

They also said: The next fanbook update will be January 24th!!
charlieparrot

Postby Lady Bahamut on Wed Jan 21, 2009 7:21 pm

Wow, thats brilliant! I shall update the first post saying about this special photograph :D

I must say that I'm very excited about it :P

Edit: Charlie Parrot, you mentioned that you commented on that website about the fan book didn't you? Have you told them that we will be sending in a picture for them to put in it?
Oct
Lady Bahamut

Postby ChibiYaoiOtaku on Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:20 pm

Just thought I'd say...so who's gonna bring the camera for the photo?
ChibiYaoiOtaku

Postby Manga Girl on Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:29 pm

ChibiYaoiOtaku wrote:Just thought I'd say...so who's gonna bring the camera for the photo?

I'll take professional photos of you all if you wish :D
Manga Girl

Postby Lady Bahamut on Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:44 pm

Manga Girl wrote:
ChibiYaoiOtaku wrote:Just thought I'd say...so who's gonna bring the camera for the photo?

That would be great ^^ Could we possibly get the photos ASAP afterwards so we can send them in? :wink:

BTW, I've had a look at your DA page and seen that you have cosplayed Chrono! You're my hero! XD
Oct
Lady Bahamut

Postby Manga Girl on Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:12 pm

Lady Bahamut wrote:
Manga Girl wrote:

That would be great ^^ Could we possibly get the photos ASAP afterwards so we can send them in? :wink:

BTW, I've had a look at your DA page and seen that you have cosplayed Chrono! You're my hero! XD

Sure thing! I'll give you my mobile number before the Expo and I can arrange to meet you all for the shoot :D
Thank you very much! :oops: I have more photos here as I haven't posted many on my DA: http://www.cosplayisland.co.uk/costume/view/1860
Manga Girl

Postby charlieparrot on Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:25 pm

Edit: Charlie Parrot, you mentioned that you commented on that website about the fan book didn't you? Have you told them that we will be sending in a picture for them to put in it?

I meant to ask about this and then completely forgot! XD No, I didn't tell them as I posted my comment saying I'd contribute before I told you guys here about it ^^" Uh...anyone want to volunteer to send the photos to the UK editor when the time comes (not now)? Whoever is going to send the cosplay pics, I guess they should comment on the page and tell the organisers. Or...I could just post the comment XD (Does it matter which one of us posts it?) Tell me what you think ^^" (sorry if Im over-complicating this simple job 0.0")

P.s. Im currently trying to make my own CLAMP stationary for my letter using photoshop, and failing miserably because my "line tool" only draws arrows. (Any photoshop wizzes, please help. Or i'll have to copy and paste lines for the writing from Paint! 0_0)
charlieparrot

Postby Lady Bahamut on Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:42 am

Manga girl: Okay, we will do that then :)

Charile Parrot: Hm, well if you are sending your own individual letter to them I suppose it would be better if I commented on there saying about our group. I will also send the picture in as well when the time comes :) But I can't help you out with your photoshop problem, I use GIMP! Sorry!
Oct
Lady Bahamut

Postby ChibiYaoiOtaku on Thu Jan 22, 2009 4:09 pm

Lady Bahamut wrote:Manga girl: Okay, we will do that then :)

Charile Parrot: Hm, well if you are sending your own individual letter to them I suppose it would be better if I commented on there saying about our group. I will also send the picture in as well when the time comes :) But I can't help you out with your photoshop problem, I use GIMP! Sorry!

Heh...gimp
ChibiYaoiOtaku

Postby Lady Bahamut on Thu Jan 22, 2009 7:15 pm

I had an idea to go with this cosplay picture we're going to be sending in. Why don't I bring in some paper on the day and we can all write a short message on it? That way we can all send our love to CLAMP :lol:
Oct
Lady Bahamut

Postby charlieparrot on Thu Jan 22, 2009 7:29 pm

That sounds like a great idea!!! ^^ If you want, I could add to it in Japanese, "Everyone loves CLAMP-sama!" ^^

On a sidenote, has anyone else here read the latest TRC chapter 210? (NO spoilers, please, as fans here may not be reading the manga online) I just gotta say...Im in shock. O_O And CLAMP just had to add the bit where they said their friend's names at the end! T.T
charlieparrot

Postby Lady Bahamut on Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:25 pm

That would be great Charile Parrot ^^

And no, I dont read the manga online, so don't ruin anything for me XD
Oct
Lady Bahamut

PreviousNext

Return to COSPLAY & MASQUERADE @ EXPO - MAY 2009