CLAMP Group (All details on first post!)

Discuss the UK's largest Masquerade event which takes place both days during the London MCM Expo.

Do you Cosplay? Then tell us what you like about the event we organise, what costumes you are wearing or how you feel we can improve Cosplaying at the London MCM Expo

Re: CLAMP Group

Postby TheMagicalLucy on Tue Nov 18, 2008 4:13 pm

Lady Bahamut wrote:
hermy81290 wrote:ooo Seems like there are going to be lots of cool clamp costumes this year, I am looking forward to it !!.
Going to buy fabric for my costume next week.. yay I always get excited buying materials.

Me too :) Can I have a hug from Kero on the day? XD

:O Can Sakura CHILL with the Kero on the day? 8D
***October 2010***
Sat~ Asuka (NGE)
Sun~ Zidane (DFF)
TheMagicalLucy

Postby Pem on Tue Nov 18, 2008 6:01 pm

Lady Bahamut wrote:Pem: Wow, interesting! A Clover cosplay! I've not actually read Clover but it looks pretty cool from your picture, it is the girl with the wings right?

Yah yah, that's Sue! Clover is by far my favourite manga by Clamp (despite the dsicontinued-ness), it needs way more love x3
October 2009:
{Saturday - Suki/ Avatar}
{Sunday - Angel/Fairy Tail}
Pem

Postby TheMagicalLucy on Tue Nov 18, 2008 6:14 pm

Ahh my favourite CLAMP manga is RG Veda
I'm planning an epic Lord Ashura cosplay 8D
***October 2010***
Sat~ Asuka (NGE)
Sun~ Zidane (DFF)
TheMagicalLucy

Postby Lady Bahamut on Tue Nov 18, 2008 7:03 pm

Pem wrote:
Lady Bahamut wrote:Pem: Wow, interesting! A Clover cosplay! I've not actually read Clover but it looks pretty cool from your picture, it is the girl with the wings right?

Yah yah, that's Sue! Clover is by far my favourite manga by Clamp (despite the dsicontinued-ness), it needs way more love x3

Lol, I will have to look it up ^^

I don't think you need telling that Tsubasa is my favorite manga, nothing even comes close to it in my opinion :lol:

Magical Lucy: We can all chill together!! We'll have a "chilling out" photo :lol:
Oct
Syaoran - CardcaptorSakura
Lady Bahamut

Postby hermy81290 on Wed Nov 19, 2008 6:24 pm

TheMagicalLucy wrote:
Lady Bahamut wrote:
hermy81290 wrote:ooo Seems like there are going to be lots of cool clamp costumes this year, I am looking forward to it !!.
Going to buy fabric for my costume next week.. yay I always get excited buying materials.

Me too :) Can I have a hug from Kero on the day? XD

:O Can Sakura CHILL with the Kero on the day? 8D

Yep. If you see me Just come to find me :) I wont bite.... promise. I want to meet more people at the expo this year :)

And we'll probably all meet up anyway for photos and such and such.
NieNie
hermy81290

Postby charlieparrot on Wed Nov 19, 2008 6:48 pm

I'm going to be Sakura (Clow default outfit) from Tsubasa on Saturday (maybe) ^^ This will be my first time going to an expo and my first time cosplaying ;) I'm guessing we're going to decide a meeting place and time later ne? (It'll be fun trying to find it! XD)

omg you're being Real Syaoran!! *squeels* He's my absolute favourite CLAMP and TRC character! ^___^ I drive my friend mad talking about him from the latest manga chapters! XD (god, im such a fangirl ^^)
charlieparrot

Postby Lady Bahamut on Wed Nov 19, 2008 6:58 pm

charlieparrot wrote:I'm going to be Sakura (Clow default outfit) from Tsubasa on Saturday (maybe) ^^ This will be my first time going to an expo and my first time cosplaying ;) I'm guessing we're going to decide a meeting place and time later ne? (It'll be fun trying to find it! XD)

omg you're being Real Syaoran!! *squeels* He's my absolute favourite CLAMP and TRC character! ^___^ I drive my friend mad talking about him from the latest manga chapters! XD (god, im such a fangirl ^^)

Hurray!! Another Sakura :D Haha and yes I also love real Syaoran[/biggest fangirl ever] >_>;; But I am NOT on the lastest manga chapters, I buy the volumes as they are released. Thus I'm volume 19 which I got on Monday :P So if you spoil anything for me I WILL KILL YOU.

Just a friendly warning ^^

Shall I add you to the list then as a maybe on Saturday? :D
Oct
Lady Bahamut

Postby charlieparrot on Thu Nov 20, 2008 6:50 am

Yes, please add me to the list as a maybe for Sat. Don't worry, I'm also a spoiler-hater. That reaction ("I will kill you") is exactly what I'd probably say if someone told me any spoilers (from any manga/anime). People post spoilers of the latest chapters on the msn group but I always stay clear of them. Darn, I need to buy Vol.19...(LOVE the cover! ^__^ It's nice to see Syaoran and Fai together considering Infinity...^^'') What's really kool is later we realise RSyaoran's and Sakura's reasons for being how they were in Infinity. Like always with CLAMP, it's much more complecated than it seems... :wink:
charlieparrot

Postby Lady Bahamut on Thu Nov 20, 2008 9:52 am

charlieparrot wrote:Yes, please add me to the list as a maybe for Sat. Don't worry, I'm also a spoiler-hater. That reaction ("I will kill you") is exactly what I'd probably say if someone told me any spoilers (from any manga/anime). People post spoilers of the latest chapters on the msn group but I always stay clear of them. Darn, I need to buy Vol.19...(LOVE the cover! ^__^ It's nice to see Syaoran and Fai together considering Infinity...^^'') What's really kool is later we realise RSyaoran's and Sakura's reasons for being how they were in Infinity. Like always with CLAMP, it's much more complecated than it seems... :wink:

Lol, don't tell meee XD

I have added you to the list :)

I brought a vital part of my costume today!! The body paint :wink:
Oct
Lady Bahamut

Postby ChibiYaoiOtaku on Thu Nov 20, 2008 5:03 pm

Will it be ok if i dress up as Mokona?
If you're wondering how I will cosplay as Mokona, does anyone remeber the Mudkip cosplayer from the last expo? My Mokona outfit will be a similar design to that.
ChibiYaoiOtaku

Postby Sasuko on Thu Nov 20, 2008 5:24 pm

ChibiYaoiOtaku wrote:Will it be ok if i dress up as Mokona?
If you're wondering how I will cosplay as Mokona, does anyone remeber the Mudkip cosplayer from the last expo? My Mokona outfit will be a similar design to that.

i may just end up stealing you and cuddling you to death XD
The ninja Atsu
Sasuko

Postby ChibiYaoiOtaku on Thu Nov 20, 2008 6:41 pm

Sasuko wrote:

And if I see you cosplaying as Jirachi, I may have to stuff you inside a makeshift pokeball so I can take you home and cuddle you forever (why do I seem to love legendary pokemon sooo much...)/make you grant my wishes (need more time to play JRPGs)/make you fight other pokemon cosplayers.
ChibiYaoiOtaku

Postby Lady Bahamut on Thu Nov 20, 2008 6:46 pm

Sure!! We'd be glad to have you!! What day will you be cosplaying Mokona? ^^

Plus I would also have to hug you :lol:
Oct
Lady Bahamut

Postby Strawberry on Thu Nov 20, 2008 7:43 pm

Saturdays seem to be the day where most CLAMP cosplayers will appear, this makes me wish that I'm going as Sakura on Saturday, but I really hate wearing a fragile costume in the crowds. I will prob change to Sat, but leave me on Sun & I will confirm closer to the time.

Ah coolies we have a Mokona... yey^^

Also does everyone agree the meeting place for the photoshoot should be at the Excel entrance (DLR side)? If so, could Lady Bahamut put this in the first post? because if anyone forgets the meeting location or new people join us, it will be easier for them to look at the 1st post rather then searching for the location in between posts.
Strawberry

Postby Lady Bahamut on Thu Nov 20, 2008 8:15 pm

I have put the meeting place in the first post :) But when should we meet? There seem to be alot of other groups meeting around lunchtime. Would people wanna go take pictures of them? (I know I would!) If so we could meet a bit later?
Oct
Lady Bahamut

Postby ChibiYaoiOtaku on Thu Nov 20, 2008 8:19 pm

YAY!!!! Well Ill be defently going on Saturday and if I dont have any exams in the week after, I might go on Sunday.

Lady Bahamut wrote:I have put the meeting place in the first post :) But when should we meet? There seem to be alot of other groups meeting around lunchtime. Would people wanna go take pictures of them? (I know I would!) If so we could meet a bit later?

Would anybody consider entering the cosplay competition as a group?
ChibiYaoiOtaku

Postby Sasuko on Fri Nov 21, 2008 1:48 pm

ChibiYaoiOtaku wrote:
Sasuko wrote:

And if I see you cosplaying as Jirachi, I may have to stuff you inside a makeshift pokeball so I can take you home and cuddle you forever (why do I seem to love legendary pokemon sooo much...)/make you grant my wishes (need more time to play JRPGs)/make you fight other pokemon cosplayers.

ah ha XD lol that would be fun but I have changed my cosplay ideas so I'll be doing misa misa on sunday XD I should change my siggy really o.o;
The ninja Atsu
Sasuko

Postby Lady Bahamut on Fri Nov 21, 2008 2:52 pm

ChibiYaoiOtaku wrote:

YAY!!!! Well Ill be defently going on Saturday and if I dont have any exams in the week after, I might go on Sunday.

Lady Bahamut wrote:I have put the meeting place in the first post :) But when should we meet? There seem to be alot of other groups meeting around lunchtime. Would people wanna go take pictures of them? (I know I would!) If so we could meet a bit later?

Would anybody consider entering the cosplay competition as a group?

That would be a nice idea, but I personally wouldn't do it. This is my first cosplay costume I've ever made and wouldn't be competition standard, this is my first expo and I don't think I could handle being on a stage right now ^^; But if anyone else wanted to I don't mind helping organising it ^^
Oct
Lady Bahamut

Postby ChibiYaoiOtaku on Fri Nov 21, 2008 4:27 pm

That would be a nice idea, but I personally wouldn't do it. This is my first cosplay costume I've ever made and wouldn't be competition standard, this is my first expo and I don't think I could handle being on a stage right now ^^; But if anyone else wanted to I don't mind helping organising it ^^

My costumes arent up to competition standards either but it would be fun to try and do a Tsubasa parody. Also LB, would you be able to send me your msn adress so I can send my costume design to you?
ChibiYaoiOtaku

Postby hermy81290 on Fri Nov 21, 2008 5:07 pm

Yay I can't wait to see your outfit.

My cardcaptor Sakura fabric pieces for the coat bit and hat are ready to be sewn and I just need to do the orange shorts/ top thing underneath, the shoes and the staff.
As for Kero I have the patterns ready, just need to buy the fabric for it.
NieNie
hermy81290

Postby Lady Bahamut on Fri Nov 21, 2008 6:34 pm

ChibiYaoiOtaku wrote:

My costumes arent up to competition standards either but it would be fun to try and do a Tsubasa parody. Also LB, would you be able to send me your msn adress so I can send my costume design to you?

I'm still not sure, let me think about it okay? ^^;

And you seem to have your MSN on your profile so I shall add you okay? :)
Oct
Lady Bahamut

Postby Strawberry on Fri Nov 21, 2008 7:30 pm

I'm not sure about the meeting times because it depends when the key events happen. At the last Expo my group organised a photshoot at 1pm, but we never realised pre-judging for the masqeraude was just before 1-ish (I think) which clashes with our photshoot. I suppose somewhere around lunch time is good, but providing that it does not clash with stuff like pre-judging.

I am considering entering the masqeraude and I think it would be cool going as a group. I have entered the masqeraude before and I would like to say not too worry too much if you think your costume is not up to competition standard. Once you get on stage the audience will cheer you. Entering as a group will make you feel better because you have your fellow cosplayers to support you.

There is a likely chance I will be entering the masqeraude as Sakura from Tsubasa, so if anyone wants to enter with me, then that would be cool. Looking at the list on the 1st post there seem to be more Tsubasa cosplayers on Saturday, so I will consider changing my date to Saturday (all I need to do is stay outside to avoid the crowds until the masqeraude)
Strawberry

Postby Lady Bahamut on Fri Nov 21, 2008 8:53 pm

I'm sorry, but I am going to have to decline doing the masquerade. I simply don't have the confidence to do it on my first time going to the expo :( Just going to the expo is a big deal for me, let alone putting myself on stage, even if it is in a group! Maybe next time okay? But as I said, I would be happy to help you organise it :)

How about we meet up around... 2PM ish? That would avoid pre-judging then if it was at the same time as last time?
Oct
Lady Bahamut

Postby ChibiYaoiOtaku on Fri Nov 21, 2008 9:04 pm

Lady Bahamut wrote:I'm sorry, but I am going to have to decline doing the masquerade. I simply don't have the confidence to do it on my first time going to the expo :( Just going to the expo is a big deal for me, let alone putting myself on stage, even if it is in a group! Maybe next time okay? But as I said, I would be happy to help you organise it :)

How about we meet up around... 2PM ish? That would avoid pre-judging then if it was at the same time as last time?

Even though it would be my first time doing the masquerade aswell, I wouldnt feel as scared since my outfit involves my partly covering my face. Also, what is pre-judging?
ChibiYaoiOtaku

Postby TheMagicalLucy on Fri Nov 21, 2008 9:24 pm

I'm afraid I'll have to decline the masquerade also
After my double-win in october, I am scared to enter for a while x3

And pre-judging is where the judges get a closer look at your costume and discuss how it was made and stuff x3
***October 2010***
Sat~ Asuka (NGE)
Sun~ Zidane (DFF)
TheMagicalLucy

PreviousNext

Return to COSPLAY & MASQUERADE @ EXPO - MAY 2009