CLAMP Group (All details on first post!)

Discuss the UK's largest Masquerade event which takes place both days during the London MCM Expo.

Do you Cosplay? Then tell us what you like about the event we organise, what costumes you are wearing or how you feel we can improve Cosplaying at the London MCM Expo

Re: CLAMP Group

Postby Lady Bahamut on Sat Nov 22, 2008 11:24 am

ChibiYaoiOtaku wrote:
Lady Bahamut wrote:I'm sorry, but I am going to have to decline doing the masquerade. I simply don't have the confidence to do it on my first time going to the expo :( Just going to the expo is a big deal for me, let alone putting myself on stage, even if it is in a group! Maybe next time okay? But as I said, I would be happy to help you organise it :)

How about we meet up around... 2PM ish? That would avoid pre-judging then if it was at the same time as last time?

Even though it would be my first time doing the masquerade aswell, I wouldnt feel as scared since my outfit involves my partly covering my face. Also, what is pre-judging?

But I'm not hiding behind part of my costume! XD I'm sorry, but unless you can convince me on the day the answer is no for me. ^^;

Or we could meet up eariler if you wished, like around 11AM?
Oct
Syaoran - CardcaptorSakura
Lady Bahamut

Postby ChibiYaoiOtaku on Sat Nov 22, 2008 12:53 pm

But I'm not hiding behind part of my costume! XD I'm sorry, but unless you can convince me on the day the answer is no for me. ^^;

Or we could meet up eariler if you wished, like around 11AM?

Just a friendly piece of infomation if its going to be your first time going to the MCM expo. Get there early and i mean EARLY, like if it opens up at 9am, make you you get there by at least 8am (i got there at 6:50am last time) unless you want to be at the back of a very long queue.
ChibiYaoiOtaku

Postby Lady Bahamut on Sat Nov 22, 2008 4:23 pm

Haha, I have seen a Youtube video on last Octobers queue and it was the biggest queue I've ever seen in my entire life! I heard you can fast track tickets though so I may go for that option if I can >_>
Oct
Lady Bahamut

Postby ChibiYaoiOtaku on Sat Nov 22, 2008 7:24 pm

Lady Bahamut wrote:Haha, I have seen a Youtube video on last Octobers queue and it was the biggest queue I've ever seen in my entire life! I heard you can fast track tickets though so I may go for that option if I can >_>

Heres an idea, we should all try and get there as early as possible and if we see the other members of this group, we can ask/beg/grovel/bribe them into letting us cut in the queue.
ChibiYaoiOtaku

Postby Pem on Sun Nov 23, 2008 12:57 am

ChibiYaoiOtaku wrote:Heres an idea, we should all try and get there as early as possible and if we see the other members of this group, we can ask/beg/grovel/bribe them into letting us cut in the queue.

Ahaha, that's how I got into the queue this october... I just joined people from my group who were already there xDD
October 2009:
{Saturday - Suki/ Avatar}
{Sunday - Angel/Fairy Tail}
Pem

Postby Strawberry on Sun Nov 23, 2008 1:48 pm

How about we meet up around... 2PM ish? That would avoid pre-judging then if it was at the same time as last time?

I'm okay with 2pm
however no one can predict the time of pre-judging because it always varies. I think we should decide on the time closer to the expo because thats when we can find out the times of pre-judging.

And it's okay if you don't want to be in the masqeraude. I understand the feeling.

I will be entering, so if anyone esle wants to enter with me, then let me know :D

I find the queue's move fairly fast. Out of the 8 past Expo's (or 11 if Midlands Expo counts) I think the longest I ever waited was 45mins. 45mins sounds like a long time to wait in queues, but time flies past when your in the queue talking to your friends and randomly talking to a cosplayer behind or in front of you.
Strawberry

Postby ChibiYaoiOtaku on Sun Nov 23, 2008 2:11 pm

I'm okay with 2pm
however no one can predict the time of pre-judging because it always varies. I think we should decide on the time closer to the expo because thats when we can find out the times of pre-judging.

And it's okay if you don't want to be in the masqeraude. I understand the feeling.

I will be entering, so if anyone esle wants to enter with me, then let me know :D

I find the queue's move fairly fast. Out of the 8 past Expo's (or 11 if Midlands Expo counts) I think the longest I ever waited was 45mins. 45mins sounds like a long time to wait in queues, but time flies past when your in the queue talking to your friends and randomly talking to a cosplayer behind or in front of you.

For me, the longest time was 2.5 hours (though maybe that was because I got there at 7am). Also, I agree that everything should be discussed closer to the time so I suggest we all give our MSN adresses to this group's leader (which I assume to be Lady Bahumut).
ChibiYaoiOtaku

Postby Lady Bahamut on Sun Nov 23, 2008 3:20 pm

Okay, well we'll say a rough time of 2PM for now that will be subject to change :P

And if you want my MSN, I'll put it in my profile ^^
Oct
Lady Bahamut

Postby ChibiYaoiOtaku on Wed Nov 26, 2008 9:23 pm

Just thought Id ask, It seems this group will be saturated by Cardcaptor Sakura and Tsubasa cosplayers so does anyone know if there are any X or Kobato cosplayers going to the expo? I would cosplay as Kobato except there's the fact that Im a boy.
ChibiYaoiOtaku

Postby Strawberry on Sat Dec 06, 2008 5:45 pm

A change of plan for me. I am not doing the secret Sakura for this Expo because I realised the materials will cost a total of £100+ and at the moment I can't afford it! I only brought about 1/5 of the materials needed so I doubt I will get £100 in time to buy and make the costume. The secret costume will be for next years Octobers Expo, but I'm sorry that it won't be for this Expo.

I still want to join the CLAMP group photoshoot, so I will be bringing Sakura's Clow default costume on Saturday, however I'm joining another cosplay group on the same day & want to beable to change into my other cosplay ASAP, so I prefer the phootshoot to be early (somewhere between 11:00-11:30 if possible) if the early time is inconvenient for people, then go ahead and arrange the time to be more convenient for everyone else because don't do it for the sake for one Sakura.
Strawberry

Postby TheMagicalLucy on Sat Dec 06, 2008 6:05 pm

I am very sorry but can you take me off the list please? > <
My room-mates have pulled me into an arrancar group
***October 2010***
Sat~ Asuka (NGE)
Sun~ Zidane (DFF)
TheMagicalLucy

Postby Lady Bahamut on Sat Dec 06, 2008 6:39 pm

TheMagicalLucy wrote:I am very sorry but can you take me off the list please? > <
My room-mates have pulled me into an arrancar group

That's okay, you shall be missed! I'll probably be there to take pictures of the Bleach group anyway ;)
Oct
Lady Bahamut

Postby charlieparrot on Sat Dec 06, 2008 9:20 pm

If you're just gona turn up in cosplay, then you don't need to fill in a form for that, right? It's just that when I told my Japanese teacher today that I'll be going and cosplaying, she asked if I'd filled in the form yet. I told her that I didn't need to, but she got me doubting so... ^^'' You only need to use a form is you wanna be part of a skit in the masquerade, right?
charlieparrot

Postby ChibiYaoiOtaku on Sun Dec 07, 2008 10:55 am

charlieparrot wrote:If you're just gona turn up in cosplay, then you don't need to fill in a form for that, right? It's just that when I told my Japanese teacher today that I'll be going and cosplaying, she asked if I'd filled in the form yet. I told her that I didn't need to, but she got me doubting so... ^^'' You only need to use a form is you wanna be part of a skit in the masquerade, right?

Correct!
Cosplayer is like normal life, except you're dressing a bit more...differently.... Also, you only need to sign up for the competition because you need to sign up for every competition in life. Just thought Id clear a few things up.
ChibiYaoiOtaku

Postby charlieparrot on Sun Dec 07, 2008 11:49 am

Thank you!! :) I really like this community, everyone's so nice and helpful!! :D
charlieparrot

Postby Sasuko on Sun Dec 07, 2008 12:01 pm

charlieparrot wrote:Thank you!! :) I really like this community, everyone's so nice and helpful!! :D

indeed!~ laaaa~~ I'll look forward to seeing your cosplay ^^
The ninja Atsu
Sasuko

Postby ChibiYaoiOtaku on Sun Dec 07, 2008 1:06 pm

charlieparrot wrote:Thank you!! :) I really like this community, everyone's so nice and helpful!! :D

We're like the oasis in the desert that is the MCM expo forums. In this community, we wont ever say "F*** You you F***ing n00b! Ill kill you you n00b!", instead we'll just offer friendly advice.
ChibiYaoiOtaku

Postby Lady Bahamut on Sun Dec 07, 2008 6:39 pm

I've been on quite a few forums in my time and this is one of the nicest :)

So how are everyone's costumes going? Once my dad buys the materials I'm going to start making Syaoran's sword (The Chinese Jian) and I've already brought the body paint. I really must start practicing with it XD But here is my costume right now... it still needs the collar adding but that will be waiting untill after Christmas.

Oct
Lady Bahamut

Postby Strawberry on Sun Dec 07, 2008 9:11 pm

Lady Bahamut, your costume is looking good so far. You'll make a great Real Syaoran!

Also just incase people never saw my last post. I am not doing Sakura's secret costume anymore because of the lack of money (can't dish out £100+ in time to buy materials and make the costume :( ) However I still really want to join this group, so I will be cosplaying as Sakura in her defualt costume on Saturday but only for half a day since I will be joining another group for the masqeraude. So could you change my date to Sat on the first post please :D
Strawberry

Postby Lady Bahamut on Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:57 pm

Strawberry wrote:Lady Bahamut, your costume is looking good so far. You'll make a great Real Syaoran!

Also just incase people never saw my last post. I am not doing Sakura's secret costume anymore because of the lack of money (can't dish out £100+ in time to buy materials and make the costume :( ) However I still really want to join this group, so I will be cosplaying as Sakura in her defualt costume on Saturday but only for half a day since I will be joining another group for the masqeraude. So could you change my date to Sat on the first post please :D

Really? Thank you ^^;

But No I didn't see that you weren't doing the "secret" costume anymore, but I have changed the first post for you! What was the secret costume anyway? XD

But I personally don't mind when the photoshoot is. We can move it earier to 11AM if everyone was okay with it? I'd probably prefer that time anyway because I can then explore all the stalls and such in the afternoon :lol:
Oct
Lady Bahamut

Postby Strawberry on Mon Dec 08, 2008 8:02 pm

Yeah I do really like your Syaoran cosplay so far :D The secret costume will be for Octobers Expo because I should have enough money and time to make the costume, so I am not going to reveal the costume yet. The only clue you'll get is that it's expensive (esitmate cost will be something like £150-ish)

I really don't want to make everyone change the time for the sake of 1 Sakura, depening on what other people prefer we will choose the time according to what the majority prefers. I personally think the advantage of having the photoshoot early is that it will not clash with any of the key events as things tend to happen after noon.

EDIT; I forgot to mention that I will not be entering the masqeraude anymore, since my Sakura default costume was made by someone else & I will be joining another group in the masq. I am so sorry for the people who wanted to be in the masq with me. :(
Strawberry

Postby ChibiYaoiOtaku on Mon Dec 08, 2008 9:06 pm

EDIT; I forgot to mention that I will not be entering the masqeraude anymore, since my Sakura default costume was made by someone else & I will be joining another group in the masq. I am so sorry for the people who wanted to be in the masq with me. :(

WHAT!!!! YOU NEED TO MAKE YOUR OUTFIT BY YOURSELF TO ENTER!!!!!! Well, thats me out of every competition then...unless I learn how to sew (sews hand to outfit).

I've been on quite a few forums in my time and this is one of the nicest :)

Heh...obviously you havent posted anything on any of the other threads on this forum. If a person doesnt like your view (and there will always be someone who wont), you'll be bombarded with hate comments.
Also, i dont know if anyone else noticed this but this thread doesnt have any other male members which probably explains why this thread isnt filled with hate comments. I guess it is true...men do destroy everything...(wait, why am i saying this? XD)
ChibiYaoiOtaku

Postby Sasuko on Mon Dec 08, 2008 9:22 pm

I have the wig, ears and boots for freya, mum said she'll get started on the dress after new year ^^

um does anyone know about brushing wigs? o~o; cos mine's in a tangle and I don't wanna rip chunks outta it and ruin it
The ninja Atsu
Sasuko

Postby Pem on Mon Dec 08, 2008 11:07 pm

Just dropping by guys, I am following the thread, I've just been very busy with work recently T.T I'm starting to sketch diagrams for my Suu wings... I'm still trying to figure out which size I should make them... I'm scared people will bump into me and break them if the wingspan is too big O__O

Sasuko wrote:
um does anyone know about brushing wigs? o~o; cos mine's in a tangle and I don't wanna rip chunks outta it and ruin it

Tangles wigs ar enot fun T__T I'm no expert, but what I do when I receive a wig (generally the only time it's ever tangled; after I'm too careful with it x3 ), I try to comb it with a wide tooth comb a smoothly as possible. Work from the bottom, holding the strands in place higher up as you untangle it - you really don't want to lose any hair as it's not going to be growing back! xD As you get rid of the big tangles move on to a smaller comb... Somewhere I found a guide on which brushes to use too, but I don't use a brush, so I couldn't tell you T.T (I also suck with wigs, why am I advising you?)
Tutorials are your best bet xD

And I agree with ChibiYaoiOtaku! Lack of male presence is at times a great peace maker xP
October 2009:
{Saturday - Suki/ Avatar}
{Sunday - Angel/Fairy Tail}
Pem

Postby Lady Bahamut on Tue Dec 09, 2008 11:58 am

Sasuko wrote:I have the wig, ears and boots for freya, mum said she'll get started on the dress after new year ^^

You can get special wig brushes apparantly, maybe you should look online for them? :? They're special and non static according to my friend XD
Oct
Lady Bahamut

PreviousNext

Return to COSPLAY & MASQUERADE @ EXPO - MAY 2009