FFIX Group

Discuss the UK's largest Masquerade event which takes place both days during the London MCM Expo.

Do you Cosplay? Then tell us what you like about the event we organise, what costumes you are wearing or how you feel we can improve Cosplaying at the London MCM Expo

Re: FFIX Group

Postby Freyarule on Sat Dec 13, 2008 4:39 pm

Awww, understandable :)

Have fun with your other cosplays!
Oct13 - Gou-chan/IceClimber/RainCard
Freyarule

Postby picklesofdoom on Thu Dec 18, 2008 7:32 pm

Hamano wrote:Hey guys~

Just thought I'd better let you know that I most probably won't be doing Zidane now. I feel like I do need to retire this costume... :/
Will definitely come to see you guys, though. Really want to see your cosplays ^^

Sorry about that, but it's not like you're short on Zidanes ;p

Awww, thats a shame! Good luck with your other Cosplays though! :D Hehehe, you're very welcome to stalk our group if you wish =^____^=
picklesofdoom

Location: somewhere admiring the deep dark depths of my random mind

Postby Hannah-Kiwii on Sat Dec 27, 2008 10:13 pm

After much thought and worrying and general annoyance to everyone else...it is confirmed that I will be cosplaying Garnet on Sunday.
Hannah-Kiwii

Postby picklesofdoom on Sun Dec 28, 2008 8:08 pm

Hannah-Kiwii wrote:After much thought and worrying and general annoyance to everyone else...it is confirmed that I will be cosplaying Garnet on Sunday.

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!! *hugs* Then I shall update the list, m'dearie!
picklesofdoom

Postby Freyarule on Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:04 am

Yay! Garnet on Sunday! Whooop! *dances*
Freyarule

Postby DKid on Tue Dec 30, 2008 11:40 am

Wig finally arrived with the Feathers I ordered XD Just need to put too and two together.... Not sure if my wig is red enough.. Or rather "bold".

Hopefully the Feathers shall add more colour lol Shall post pictures as soon as my Kuja wig is done! <3
DKid

Postby Missytetra on Thu Jan 01, 2009 12:59 pm

If I have it finished for pilot on time and it's not too heavy to transport I wil be wearing Freya Crescent on one of the days depending on logistics. I'd say the chances are slimmish (Lulu and LeBlanc are more likely options because I have to travel all the way down from Hull) BUT if I have enough encouragement I would definitely be up for being part of this group!
Possible cosplay for May
Lulu FF X-2
LeBlanc FF X-2
Freya FF IX
Zelda LoZ OoT
Party: Yuna Songstress
Missytetra

Postby CrystalNeko on Mon Jan 05, 2009 6:07 pm

Hiya pickles! Just letting you know I'm definitely doing Garnet for Saturday now, I doubt I can do Jeanne in time so I'm making Garnet my main costume for Saturday ^_^
[Lol, just realized that both days I'm wearing MAHOOSIVE gowns xDD]
CrystalNeko

Postby picklesofdoom on Tue Jan 06, 2009 4:30 pm

YAY!! Wonderful CrystalNeko! I shall amend the list, m'dear!

and Missytetra: It'll be awesome if you were able to cosplay Freya!! She's a fab character and I'll love to see your cosplay! We have a Modern Freya as well (Freyarule! :D ) Maybe we could do a Freya: Now and Then type thing LOL
Fully understand if you can't though because of travel. I'm unsure If I'll be going as Shippo anymore what with Quina being a very big costume as well. Don't think I could manage carrying a mahoosive fork, Chefhat head and gigantic fluffy tail on the train with me. The Tail alone was really awkward to transport last time....meeeeeehhh....well..it came in handy as a pillow! LoL

look at me ramblingz...lol....
picklesofdoom

Postby Missytetra on Wed Jan 07, 2009 12:32 pm

Ack now I really want to pilot my Freya costume at the expo!! I'll definitely have it done on time now. It's likely I'll wear it on the Friday or Saturday but I'm not sure when the FFX-2 shoot is and if they coincide I can't be at both >< I'll have to do some researchin' and get back to you! I'm definitely on the maybe list though because the costume will be finished! A before and after sort of thing would be so lovely! ^__^ (Ramble away, IX is the rulesome!)
Possible cosplay for May
Lulu FF X-2
LeBlanc FF X-2
Freya FF IX
Zelda LoZ OoT
Party: Yuna Songstress
Missytetra

Postby Freyarule on Wed Jan 07, 2009 3:40 pm

picklesofdoom wrote:YAY!! Wonderful CrystalNeko! I shall amend the list, m'dear!

and Missytetra: It'll be awesome if you were able to cosplay Freya!! She's a fab character and I'll love to see your cosplay! We have a Modern Freya as well (Freyarule! :D ) Maybe we could do a Freya: Now and Then type thing LOL
Fully understand if you can't though because of travel. I'm unsure If I'll be going as Shippo anymore what with Quina being a very big costume as well. Don't think I could manage carrying a mahoosive fork, Chefhat head and gigantic fluffy tail on the train with me. The Tail alone was really awkward to transport last time....meeeeeehhh....well..it came in handy as a pillow! LoL

look at me ramblingz...lol....

Does this mean you might be Quina on the Sunday as well? *sparkley eyes*
Freyarule

Postby picklesofdoom on Thu Jan 08, 2009 3:55 pm

Freyarule wrote:Does this mean you might be Quina on the Sunday as well? *sparkley eyes*

POssibliehs!! =^___^=

Though I am planning a surprise Doctor Who or "something else that'll be easier to transport" cosplay as well. But I haven't even started Quina yet and Quina is my top priority atm so sunday as well will be very likely!

@Missytetra: I'll add you on the list as a maybe! Understable again if you can't meet coz of photoshoot clashes (Theres sooooo many this time lol!) but ya! I'm staying on the Friday as well, so if your around and if you don't mind, of course, I'll love to find you and get pictures! =^___^=
picklesofdoom

Postby Freyarule on Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:03 pm

Nyaaah! My nan is brilliant sometimes! I told her about May expo, and she surprised me by buying some red fabric, which is exactly the right material!!!

Now I can start work on my Freya costume!!!! I can do the skirt thing, and I've changed the leather jacket to a red waistcoat, from the red fabric, so I can use fabric pens to do a pretty design on the back of it!

Not sure what design to do though...probably do something to do with Burmecia. A bell, maybe?
Freyarule

Postby Densetsu on Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:41 pm

Hey guys, won't be going as Kuja anymore, turns out a few of the people we met last time are being Kuja, Zorn & Thorn next Expo (along with a brand new clan of FFIX cosplayers) so the novelty of the idea is kind of lost. :roll: I'll be in a different group so good luck with everything! Hope it goes well!
Densetsu

Postby CrystalNeko on Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:55 pm

Densetsu wrote:I wonder who the Vivi from October Expo was.... they were awesome, but I never found out anything about them!

Just reading through the thread again and didn't realize this question was asked!
The Vivi cosplayer was Captainwood from Cosplay Island if you want to get in contact =D http://www.cosplayisland.co.uk/overview/captainwood

It'll be a shame we won't be seeing your Kuja, Zorn and Thorn ;_; You guys have set a high standard though, it's gonna be hard to top your costumes! 8O

As for Garnet, argh working on two dresses is overwhelming. I miss making trousers ROFL. I know I have to work on the overdress sometime so that I can get a head start on the embroidery [because it took me 2-5 days straight, not pleasant X_x] but I just can't be bothered! xDD It was hard enough making the first version of the overdress, oh the torture D'8
CrystalNeko

Postby Freyarule on Tue Jan 20, 2009 7:28 am

You can dooo it! I believe in yooooou!!!

And thanks for the Vivi link. Vivi was so awesooome <3

In terms of costume, Claire's were having a sale, so I nipped in and bagged a pair of fishnet fingerless gloves and a black hairband, to which the ears will be attached to ^^
Freyarule

Postby Densetsu on Sun Feb 22, 2009 7:48 pm

There are going to be a lot of FFIX cosplayers, by the way. There's now an FFIX:UK on deviantArt.
Aside from being kind of bitter about someone we met last time taking our idea, I don't really like all these "Whatever:UK clans" forming... makes cosplaying too formal and kind of elitist imho... :/ But just to let you know that there will be a lot of them.
Densetsu

Postby DKid on Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:37 am

Lol I've been wanting to cosplay Kuja ever since I played the game yeaaars ago. Just no cash to do it. XD

I'm kinda glad that the number of FF9 cosplayers have risen because it's one FF that doesnt get much love most of the time. D: FF7 is still gonna waaaay out shadow it, and I'm kinda like "Whoa!" at all the Kuja's and other rising this year, hence why I chose to do Trance Kuja cause that's just a Liiiiiiiiiittle bit different. o-o

Anyway, I'll have to change my Kuja to Sunday o-o Already been messing with make up and wig still needs feathers and stuff XD - http://www.cosplayisland.co.uk/costume/view/6437
DKid

Postby picklesofdoom on Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:58 am

WOW! That's looking really good D-Kid! =^__^=

*eh..* Still not started Quina yet. Will do soon though. Well. I have the Chef hat and the patterns to make the top and bloomers lol :mrgreen:
picklesofdoom

Postby CrystalNeko on Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:02 pm

Already commented you but I'll say it again because I just loooove it so much. AMAZING Kuja, I swear your like... the replica of him haha! Shame we can't get pictures together since I'm doing Garnet on Saturday but I will definitely stalk I mean... grab a picture off you! =D

There are surprisingly a few Kujas this year... the more the merrier I'll say since he's one of my fave characters <3

It's been over a month since I last posted here... And I still haven't done anything to Garnet .____. I have the fabric on display on top of my piano so that it'll remind me to work on her... I have the bodice pattern out on my computer desk too... BUT I JUST WON'T DO IT! XD The thought of having to go through so much fabric terrifies me lol~ I'll do my best to work on her this weekend though so hopefully progress pictures to come! =]
CrystalNeko

Postby Freyarule on Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:13 pm

Don't feel bad, I haven't started making Freya yet! .__.
I have the material, but I'm waiting for my new sewing machine to arrive =w= then my Mum has to teach me how to use it, hahaha! :lol:
Freyarule

Postby DKid on Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:31 pm

Lol! Thanks guys! I'm actually not completely sure when I'll do Kuja cause everytime I think about how much prep I have to do for him just to put him on, It's like "Do i really want to do this on a sunday when I could be possibly hungover and in a rush to check out?"

So it's just whatever at the moment.

I'm trying hard to get a lead on all my cosplays this year cause I hate how burnt out I am before a con X_X I want to be ready! Though I still have like nearly everything else of Kuja to get as well as my other cosplay... >.>

Quina MUST be done also! I have YET to see one! D<
DKid

Postby Freyarule on Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:22 am

Update! Have made the tshirt transfer and ironed it onto the white top (my mother forbade me from cutting off the sleeves as she says I can wear it other times as well ^^; but it looks so awesome :D The design's on my cosplayisland account, under the Freya costume but if anyone wants to see a photo of the finished top I can try and take one for you :)
Freyarule

Postby CrystalNeko on Wed Mar 04, 2009 11:09 pm

Freyarule wrote: but if anyone wants to see a photo of the finished top I can try and take one for you :)

*raises hand* YES PLZ X3

Lol, everytime I do something with Garnet I'm all like "YEAH I'VE DONE THIS NOW! ... Okay lets leave it for a while" and suddenly lose interest for a LONG period of time. At least the bare bones of this costume is pretty much finished now... now I can have fun and work on my Sunday costume as a treat! 8D [It has more detail like pearls, flowers and pompoms!!! Much more interesting than hand-embroidering for 12378954321 hours!!!]

TV, computer and manga distracts me though >_>;
CrystalNeko

Postby Freyarule on Thu Mar 05, 2009 6:34 pm

CrystalNeko wrote:
Freyarule wrote: but if anyone wants to see a photo of the finished top I can try and take one for you :)

*raises hand* YES PLZ X3

Lol, everytime I do something with Garnet I'm all like "YEAH I'VE DONE THIS NOW! ... Okay lets leave it for a while" and suddenly lose interest for a LONG period of time. At least the bare bones of this costume is pretty much finished now... now I can have fun and work on my Sunday costume as a treat! 8D [It has more detail like pearls, flowers and pompoms!!! Much more interesting than hand-embroidering for 12378954321 hours!!!]

TV, computer and manga distracts me though >_>;

xD ok, I should be able to get a photo done tomorrow or Saturday ^^

I know how you feel.

but good news...MY SEWING MACHINE CAME!!! YAAAAAAAAAY!!!
Now I want my Freya wig. =<

But now I can really get stuck into this costume! I just...need to learn how to use it........heheh.
Freyarule

PreviousNext

Return to COSPLAY & MASQUERADE @ EXPO - MAY 2009