FFIX Group

Discuss the UK's largest Masquerade event which takes place both days during the London MCM Expo.

Do you Cosplay? Then tell us what you like about the event we organise, what costumes you are wearing or how you feel we can improve Cosplaying at the London MCM Expo

Re: FFIX Group

Postby Freyarule on Fri Mar 13, 2009 4:21 pm

'Scuse the double post, but BUMP! 8D

My wig came a while ago :D Here are the pics of it!

and here's the tshirt transfer!

Oct13 - Gou-chan/IceClimber/RainCard
Freyarule

Postby picklesofdoom on Fri Mar 13, 2009 11:06 pm

Aww! Wow! Your cosplay's coming along really well! Loving the T-Shirt!

Meh..Still haven't done much to mine. Made the hat though.
picklesofdoom

Location: somewhere admiring the deep dark depths of my random mind

Postby CrystalNeko on Sun Mar 15, 2009 10:11 pm

OMG WHAT'S THIS!? CRYSTALNEKO HAS MADE PROGRESS!? 8O IT'S THE END OF THE WORLD GAIZ!
Ahem... Typical that when I had coursework to do I sat down and did cosplay instead, and when I have all the time in the world I procrastinated LOL.

This crown is actually way too big 8D; I got carried away and can't fix it because it creases since it dries a little ;^; Garnet shall have to live with an oversized crown. It's still not completely hardened though, maybe I'm just incredibly impatient. But at least it doesn't look as though it'll break on me *touch wood x1832413*

@Freya: I can't remember if I've said this to you yet... but white hair suits you! 8D Your gonna look awesome as Freya X3
CrystalNeko

Postby picklesofdoom on Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:56 am

Awwwwww! Garnets crown is looking so pretty!

Lol. I've finally started making Quina's head.....YAY! Using your Wire+bubblewrap+fabric method. It was very helpful, thank you again, Crystalneko! =^___^=
picklesofdoom

Postby Freyarule on Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:34 pm

Awwww, thankyou! I think it makes my skin look too red, but with my face being white on the day, I shouldn't worry too much xD

Yay!!! Quina's being started!!! <3
Freyarule

Postby picklesofdoom on Fri Apr 03, 2009 2:29 pm

Heads nearly finished now! (See progrees thread!) Next week I make the jacket!
picklesofdoom

Postby Hannah-Kiwii on Fri Apr 03, 2009 3:48 pm

Good work pickels!

My costume looks desperetly bad, and worse, my mum has decided I am not good enough to work on it...I can't even look at it without her permission...I'm doubtful the costume will actually be wearable by May.
But I can hope! I have two weeks holidays to persuade her to get it done, or to let me have another go...it deserves a chance, at least!
Hannah-Kiwii

Postby Freyarule on Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:52 am

Awww I hope it gets done in time :3

Having a dilemma here with the masq rules, since not everything is from scratch I might not be allowed a place at the masq, which would really suck because I've been looking forward to showing off Freya since October!!

Oh well, we shall see what happens.
Freyarule

Postby Kirree on Wed Apr 22, 2009 4:20 pm

This is my first time going to a major con, but im hoping to go as Garnet/Dagger and my boyfriend may possibly go as Zidane ^__^ depends on how much time i end up having to finish making stuff. I'm just having trouble deciding between wearing a short or long wig.
Kirree

Postby Freyarule on Wed Apr 22, 2009 4:25 pm

Kirree wrote:This is my first time going to a major con, but im hoping to go as Garnet/Dagger and my boyfriend may possibly go as Zidane ^__^ depends on how much time i end up having to finish making stuff. I'm just having trouble deciding between wearing a short or long wig.

Depends on which Garnet you want to go as: Cute Garnet or Kick-ass Garnet xDD

Good luck on deciding ^^ if I were deciding, I'd go for a long wig, but it's your choice.
Freyarule

Postby Kirree on Wed Apr 22, 2009 4:40 pm

Freyarule wrote:Depends on which Garnet you want to go as: Cute Garnet or Kick-. Garnet xDD

Good luck on deciding ^^ if I were deciding, I'd go for a long wig, but it's your choice.

hehe im going for her yellow outfit... im hoping to have the white mage coat finished by then too ^__^ I am leaning more towards a long wig, i guess ill just have to try a few different ones on :)
Kirree

Postby CrystalNeko on Wed Apr 22, 2009 4:56 pm

Freyarule wrote:Having a dilemma here with the masq rules, since not everything is from scratch I might not be allowed a place at the masq, which would really suck because I've been looking forward to showing off Freya since October!!

Awww that sucks! I hope you do get a place ;^; We could have such fun conversations in the queue hehe! x] Good luck with getting a place!

Kirree wrote:This is my first time going to a major con, but im hoping to go as Garnet/Dagger and my boyfriend may possibly go as Zidane ^__^ depends on how much time i end up having to finish making stuff. I'm just having trouble deciding between wearing a short or long wig.

Awww cute! You'll have a Zidane! That'd make such cute pictures *-* I vote long because that's my personal preferance - however they need more maintenance than a shorter wig so it's up to you! [Shorter wigs are cheaper as well lol!] Which day are you going to wear Garnet? If Saturday then we should get photos together! 8D

picklesofdoom wrote:Lol. I've finally started making Quina's head.....YAY! Using your Wire+bubblewrap+fabric method. It was very helpful, thank you again, Crystalneko! =^___^=

Oops, sorry for not responding for so long! Yaaay, I'm glad my head making method was useful for you! Glad to see other people using that method 8D And thanks for the compliment on the crown! X]

Have more progress gaiz! XD

Last thing... any idea where we should all meet up? Or are we just hoping on ambushing each other for photos? 8D [Both I am comfortable with lol, ambushing sounds fun but meet up is more organized lol...]
CrystalNeko

Postby Kirree on Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:27 pm

CrystalNeko wrote:Awww cute! You'll have a Zidane! That'd make such cute pictures *-* I vote long because that's my personal preferance - however they need more maintenance than a shorter wig so it's up to you! [Shorter wigs are cheaper as well lol!] Which day are you going to wear Garnet? If Saturday then we should get photos together! 8D

I have pretty much no clue when it comes to wigs >_< the only one i really have is a synthetic blonde hippy-type fancy dress one. Chunks of it fall out constantly and its permanently tangled (if i try to untangle it more hair just comes off) *sigh*. If the wig i buy is anything like that, i better hope it isnt windy! :P Other peoples wigs generally look really good, so do you have any tips on taming them? or are they not synthetic?

If i get it finished, i'll be cosplaying Garnet on the saturday ^__^ and possibly the sunday if i dont take my aeris outfit (less to pack i guess :P) I was considering doing Chii, but i really want to join in with the world record ^__^

CrystalNeko wrote:Last thing... any idea where we should all meet up? Or are we just hoping on ambushing each other for photos? 8D [Both I am comfortable with lol, ambushing sounds fun but meet up is more organized lol...]

I think i read on another thread that all the Final Fantasy cosplayers are meeting up at 1.30 on the grassy hill for photos. I think the Kingdom Hearts cosplayers are meeting at the same time also... although im probably wrong >_< lol
Kirree

Postby CrystalNeko on Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:45 pm

Aww, wigs from fancy dress shops will almost ALWAYS be bad quality, I learnt this the hard way X_x;
If you go on eBay they have -really- nice quality wigs there! Heck you could get a long black wig for around £14 if you look around - try sellers like Designer Wigs, le color, Wig Fashion, wigmad or Cosplay Wig [EXPENSIVE THOUGH!] - those sellers are really nice! ^_^

Just brush them out with a wide tooth comb every now and then, carefully from the bottom to the top and they'll be as good as new ^_^ It helps if your just storing them to plait it as well and if you have a wig head - keep it on a wig head xD. Conditioning it if it gets ridiculously tangly would make it detangle better as well [and make it smell nice!] I have like... 2 mega long wigs so I know the pain of taking care of them X_x [I love them though <3]

As for taming them on the day... spray them lightly with a hint of hairspray - your gonna have to wash it out afterwards but it's worth just giving it a light spray. This or just wear the wig and finger comb it every now and then - give it a good condition after the expo if it needs it. If you get a good quality one then it shouldn't tangle tooo much! =]

1.30pm eh? Awesome! I shall try and make it ^_^ [I seriously hope my memory doesn't fail me - if someone sees me DRAG ME! D8]
CrystalNeko

Postby Freyarule on Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:34 pm

Aw I love my Freya wig - I got it from a really good shop on Ebay :D

It's been sitting on my floor next to my shirt for a while now.....I hope it's ok >_>

as for the masq, I've altered the design slightly so it's more handmade. So I'm going to enter with it and see what happens :D
Freyarule

Postby picklesofdoom on Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:35 pm

Umm...well. I'm going to be changing throughout the Day. Quina will be around for the morning then my second character will be around for the afternoon then on the Sunday, I'll be Quina in the afternoon/for the masqurade. I was thinking in general because Quina will be BAKING to wear all day.

If there is a mass meet of FF-players then I guess that would be a good time to meet up. Bit of a dilema though as both my cosplays are from Final Fantasy LOL but I guess I can work my way round that. Alot is happening on Saturday, it seems, including the Guinness World Record! :mrgreen:

@Crystalneko: YaY!! That crown is look very niiiiice! *makes grabbyhands* ME WANTZ!!

@Kiree: So you guys going as Garnet+Zidane?! Then I shall add ye to the list m'dear! =^____^=

@Freyarule: Thats a good plan. What day you entering?! If its a Sunday then I'll see you there!!! :mrgreen:

Oooh on another note: Quina's head is finished =^___^= Just need to make the jacket and the skirt. Took me ages to locate the right colour and material for Quinas coat though. Managed to find some from Dunlem Mill, which was fab! I'm going to make a start on it tomorrow methinks.
Last edited by picklesofdoom on Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
picklesofdoom

Postby Freyarule on Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:41 pm

Yup, I'm entering the Sunday masq. Yaaay! If my costume wasn't so Melziraped then I'd beg them to put us on the same bit xD ah well.

I thought you were going as Phoenix Wright from the look of your avatar loool 8D
Freyarule

Postby picklesofdoom on Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:52 pm

OBJECTION!!!!

No, I'm more likely to steal someone cosplaying as Phoenix Wright LoL! =^_____^= Phoenix Wright is awesome (and I've a little obsession with the games atm)! :lol:
Last edited by picklesofdoom on Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
picklesofdoom

Postby Freyarule on Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:58 pm

picklesofdoom wrote:OBJECTION!!!!

No, I'm more likely to steal someone cosplaying as Phoenix Wright LoL! =^_____^= Phoenix Wright is awesome (and I've a little obsession atm)! :lol:

Really? Me too! xDDD Although I'm more obsessed with Matt Engarde from the second game than Feenie himself :lol:
Freyarule

Postby picklesofdoom on Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:09 pm

Freyarule wrote:
picklesofdoom wrote:OBJECTION!!!!

No, I'm more likely to steal someone cosplaying as Phoenix Wright LoL! =^_____^= Phoenix Wright is awesome (and I've a little obsession with the games atm)! :lol:

Really? Me too! xDDD Although I'm more obsessed with Matt Engarde from the second game than Feenie himself :lol:

I've yet to play the second game lol. I can't find it anywhere. *cries* Played the first and second game though. Mangaged to get my friend addicted to the game recently so now we keep running around yelling Objection at everything. Even my Mum keeps doing it now too... :lol:
picklesofdoom

Postby CrystalNeko on Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:48 pm

@pickles: 8D I hope you post pictures of your Quina head sometime x]
CrystalNeko

Postby picklesofdoom on Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:10 pm

I will dooooo! Just got a new phone (of which I took the photos with) so trying to work out how to send them to the computer and stuff..... Should have the piccies up tomorrow!!! =^___^=

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHH *screams* I've run out of doublesided Tape! That stuff was my saviour and gave me Cheap Frills which came in handy for Quina's hat. Double Sided Tape + Scrap Pillowcase + Hot Iron = RUFFLES!
picklesofdoom

Postby Freyarule on Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:59 am

Pickles, do you have a cosplayisland account? :3

Who else got a place on the Sunday masquerade? I DID *dances from happiness and excitedness at her first masquerade*

squee is it bad to be this excited? xDD
Freyarule

Postby picklesofdoom on Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:43 am

I'm not sure if I have a cosplayisland account....I canny remember LOL! I've been on the site and stuff ages ago but can't remember if I signed up, will find out for ya though. I've definitely got a Cosplaylab.com account and a cosplay.com I'm pickles of doom on both of them too. =^___^=

My camera's being a poobummypoopypoop atm but hopefully I'll have pictures up this week.

*hyperdances* YAY I've a place in Sundays Masquerade tooooooooo! *hugs*

Wooohoo...I'm nervous now...but shouldn't be. Will be ma second Masq. :lol:
picklesofdoom

Postby Freyarule on Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:31 am

yay! *glomphug* That's great!

Who were you in your first masq? :3
Freyarule

PreviousNext

Return to COSPLAY & MASQUERADE @ EXPO - MAY 2009