Crossplaying

Discuss the UK's largest Masquerade event which takes place both days during the London MCM Expo.

Do you Cosplay? Then tell us what you like about the event we organise, what costumes you are wearing or how you feel we can improve Cosplaying at the London MCM Expo

Re: Crossplaying

Postby Floof on Thu May 21, 2009 5:23 pm

Anthonyyy.

You know I'm not crossplaying anymore, but I'll DEFO try to make it at the meet up spot for canoodling and pics!
See you there, group!
ಠ_ಠ

Floof

Postby RiverVine on Thu May 21, 2009 6:01 pm

im not crossplaying this time but Id love to get some photos ^^
of the group shot and more
hope thats ok
RiverVine

Postby Amollion on Thu May 21, 2009 8:42 pm

AWww you guys i was looking forward to seeing you two TT_TT

Ohn well tomoorow im heading up to expo to settle in to me hotel so i wont be posting on here tomoorw
and im now gonna be chii both days (dam mew mew cosplay broke) so ill see all you guys on saturday
Amollion

Postby Anime_Angel on Thu May 21, 2009 9:03 pm

ya I won't be posting either because I'll be setting off at 9am so I can arrive early at London^_^
Anime_Angel

Postby Li-Chan on Thu May 21, 2009 10:04 pm

im not quite sure of the gender of my cybershade :S
Li-Chan

Postby picklesofdoom on Fri May 22, 2009 12:08 am

Amollion wrote:AWww you guys i was looking forward to seeing you two TT_TT

Ohn well tomoorow im heading up to expo to settle in to me hotel so i wont be posting on here tomoorw
and im now gonna be chii both days (dam mew mew cosplay broke) so ill see all you guys on saturday

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! *cries* poor Mew Mew!

But you look awesome as Chii so its all good! See you in LONDINIUM! I is going up Friday too so maybe see you guys around, ya, if not then definatly Saturday!! :D
picklesofdoom

Location: somewhere admiring the deep dark depths of my random mind

Postby Adziu on Fri May 22, 2009 12:09 am

Aren't the vast majority of the girls there gonna be crossplaying?
Adziu
Board Moderator

Postby katsara-yuki on Fri May 22, 2009 12:15 am

probably; it's not that hard for girls we just get to pick whoever we want to cosplay; it's never occured to me as weird cosplaying as a guy which is why I admire the guy crossplayers they're awesome especially the sakura with beard I saw at the last japanex that was epic ^_______^ i love the man misa on this thread too awesome crossplay =3
katsara-yuki

Postby Wraith on Sun May 24, 2009 7:32 pm

I didn't uh.. Actually see a shoot of any kind...
Maybe I missed it?

Anyways, I took pictures of a few of you, I think.
I should be adding them into a little collage-type-thing with videos that I'll upload to youtube sometime this week ^-^
I'll link you if I find a crossplayer pic :3
Wraith

Postby katsara-yuki on Sun May 24, 2009 9:23 pm

Yeah mostof the group shoots and cosplayer organised events seemed to go down the drain; the only way mostof us got group shots were by screaming around the place for other cosplayers and kidnapping them when we saw them. That wasfunXDD Lol yay I saw an awesome lolita crossplayer guy-girl he was reallyleggy it was so cool he even shaved his legs. I got to hug chii too he didnt shave his legs and was wearing trainers but still cool and i got hugs =3And we saw a sailor moon character not too sure who though been years since I watched that XP He was awesome too.So all in all I saw three guy-girls ^___^
katsara-yuki

Postby Amollion on Mon May 25, 2009 12:59 pm

katsara-yuki wrote:Yeah mostof the group shoots and cosplayer organised events seemed to go down the drain; the only way mostof us got group shots were by screaming around the place for other cosplayers and kidnapping them when we saw them. That wasfunXDD Lol yay I saw an awesome lolita crossplayer guy-girl he was reallyleggy it was so cool he even shaved his legs. I got to hug chii too he didnt shave his legs and was wearing trainers but still cool and i got hugs =3And we saw a sailor moon character not too sure who though been years since I watched that XP He was awesome too.So all in all I saw three guy-girls ^___^

tht chii in trainers was me!!!!! i didnt have time to shave my legs T_T i was hidious lol
Amollion

Postby katsara-yuki on Mon May 25, 2009 1:41 pm

Lols noway you were AWESOME!! Thanks for all the hugs =3
katsara-yuki

Postby Wraith on Tue May 26, 2009 3:20 pm

I KNEW it was you Amollion >w>
Sorry, I stood on your dress like 3 times x.x
You looked awesome though!
I got a picture of you ^-^
Wraith

Postby Anime_Angel on Tue May 26, 2009 3:36 pm

woh, What a weekend that was, my feet sure hurt like crazy on the sunday.

me as Misa made my eyes all bad and I need glasses and me as Yuko on Sunday gave me baddass blisters lol

but I had a great weekend though^_^
Anime_Angel

Postby Kawatan on Tue May 26, 2009 4:13 pm

Crossplaying was quite fun again this year. Even had one person go up to me and ask "Are you a boy?" :3
Kawatan

Postby picklesofdoom on Tue May 26, 2009 5:03 pm

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHRGG! I couldn't make the group meet up because of the world record thing but I did see alot of you awesome peeps around.

Amollion, love ya dude *hugs of doom* LOL! Chii was awesome and Anime_Angel it was great meeting you, your Misa rocked! :D I've got picture so I'll upload as soon as. Oh I also saw your Yuko cosplay on Sunday too, LOVED IT! :mrgreen:
picklesofdoom

Location: somewhere admiring the deep dark depths of my random mind

Postby H Royal Mudgesty on Tue May 26, 2009 5:14 pm

afaik, there wasn't a group meet in the end? What with the record attempt and such...
H Royal Mudgesty

Postby Anime_Angel on Tue May 26, 2009 6:07 pm

picklesofdoom wrote:AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHRGG! I couldn't make the group meet up because of the world record thing but I did see alot of you awesome peeps around.

Amollion, love ya dude *hugs of doom* LOL! Chii was awesome and Anime_Angel it was great meeting you, your Misa rocked! :D I've got picture so I'll upload as soon as. Oh I also saw your Yuko cosplay on Sunday too, LOVED IT! :mrgreen:

thanks for the kind comment, I gotta admit, I don't think that was my best costume but I guess it sure was great though^_^
Anime_Angel

Postby lindykins on Tue May 26, 2009 7:15 pm

katsara-yuki wrote:Lol yay I saw an awesome lolita crossplayer guy-girl he was reallyleggy it was so cool he even shaved his legs.

That was probably me, I was in a steampunky brown/cream dress on saturday and a pink camo skirt on sunday.

And I'd WAXED my legs, I'm a srs business lolita. Wear it all the time.
lindykins

Postby Kawatan on Tue May 26, 2009 8:11 pm

lindykins wrote:
katsara-yuki wrote:Lol yay I saw an awesome lolita crossplayer guy-girl he was reallyleggy it was so cool he even shaved his legs.

That was probably me, I was in a steampunky brown/cream dress on saturday and a pink camo skirt on sunday.

I tried to wax my legs once for a lolita crossplay. Gave up because it was too painful D:
Kawatan

Postby lindykins on Tue May 26, 2009 8:20 pm

Kawatan wrote:
lindykins wrote:

I tried to wax my legs once for a lolita crossplay. Gave up because it was too painful D:

I had mine done professionally =P

I'm sick of shaving, so I figured it's prolly the best way. Need to get my facial hair electrolysed off too, HATE shaving sfhaujfhdsjfsd

Also most of the 'lolitas' around on saturday/sunday made me BAWW because the dresses were so bad and probably so expensive. eBay and places like SaiSai charge waaaayyy too much. I wanted to go tell people they could get much prettier outfits second hand from brand, or handmade by lotsa seamstresses around online!

So many really pretty girls looking like they were eaten by lace.

Lolitas are not girls in short black dresses covered in plastic-based white lace :<
lindykins

Postby Ranma 1-2 on Wed May 27, 2009 11:02 am

katsara-yuki wrote:And we saw a sailor moon character not too sure who though been years since I watched that XP He was awesome too.So all in all I saw three guy-girls ^___^
That could have been me, I cosplayed Queen Nehelenia on sunday and we did our Sailor Moon skit in sundays masquerade. I didn't get to walk around Expo much though cos I spent a lot of time finishing off bits of my costume in the cosplay changing room ^^ (Darn I need to finish my costumes BEFORE the Expo shows next time.)
Amollion I think I spotted you just at the end of Sun masquerade but didn't get to talk. Get some nice shoes -the cosplay deserves it, and always pack an emergency BIC razor. :p
Anime Angel I didn't see you this time but I saw loads of pics of you from the weekend - you have so many fans! ^^ looking good in those pics. Blisters again! are you sure you're getting the right shoe sizes? I don't suffer from blisters at all, even with my very high heels.
Ranma 1-2

Postby Floof on Wed May 27, 2009 1:15 pm

Kawatan wrote:

I've never waxed and I hopefully never will. I Venus it, always.

I'm your Venus..
ಠ_ಠ

Floof

Postby Anime_Angel on Wed May 27, 2009 2:21 pm

Ranma 1-2 wrote:
katsara-yuki wrote:And we saw a sailor moon character not too sure who though been years since I watched that XP He was awesome too.So all in all I saw three guy-girls ^___^
That could have been me, I cosplayed Queen Nehelenia on sunday and we did our Sailor Moon skit in sundays masquerade. I didn't get to walk around Expo much though cos I spent a lot of time finishing off bits of my costume in the cosplay changing room ^^ (Darn I need to finish my costumes BEFORE the Expo shows next time.)
Amollion I think I spotted you just at the end of Sun masquerade but didn't get to talk. Get some nice shoes -the cosplay deserves it, and always pack an emergency BIC razor. :p
Anime Angel I didn't see you this time but I saw loads of pics of you from the weekend - you have so many fans! ^^ looking good in those pics. Blisters again! are you sure you're getting the right shoe sizes? I don't suffer from blisters at all, even with my very high heels.

lol, well you should start work on a costume just after the expo so when the next expo comes up, yer ready for it^__^

Yeah I do get the right shoe sizes but I don't use those shoes much in my normal life since am a dude so my feet arn't used to the pain of the shoes lol

but Yeah, am pleased I met some of my fans and am also pleased I didn't have to wear these shoes on the Saturday lol
Anime_Angel

Postby Ranma 1-2 on Wed May 27, 2009 3:14 pm

Anime_Angel wrote:
lol, well you should start work on a costume just after the expo so when the next expo comes up, yer ready for it^__^
That's what everyone has been saying to me. I better start listening. ..Next time I'll be ready. ^^
Ranma 1-2

PreviousNext

Return to COSPLAY & MASQUERADE @ EXPO - MAY 2009