Bond Guests

Postby andini on Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:20 pm

Please no more!!! It's already looking like Memorabilia does Bond Part 2 :cry:
andini

Re: Bond Guests

Postby Toadsanime on Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:12 pm

Kadoosh!
viewtopic.php?f=233&t=10462

Bond is popular, so they're bound to try and get as many Bond guests as possible. :wink:
Toadsanime

Postby whome3000 on Sat Jan 24, 2009 4:23 pm

maybe they could get all of the bonds ;)
whome3000

Postby bondaholic on Sat Jan 24, 2009 5:33 pm

The 'moore' the better :)

If there was more than 1 Bond actor attending that would be amazing !

Star Wars guests are good aswell :) (Star Wars + Bond event)
bondaholic

Postby Mr Beaver on Sun Jan 25, 2009 12:47 pm

I agree with the original poster.

Enough of the Bond already.

Fair enough, the last event was a ‘celebration’, because of the anniversary.

But to then flood the guest list with them again, seems a little unimaginative.

Sure Bond stars are the easiest to book.

But let’s have some fresh ideas.
Mr Beaver

Postby essexboy on Sun Jan 25, 2009 11:23 pm

I agree it's more than a little disappointing to see such a large number of Bond guests so soon after the last lot. I understand the previous show coincided with the "Solace" release, so it made sense to feature Bond so heavily that time around, but I was hoping to see some decent horror genre actors or directors announced for the March show. :(
essexboy

Postby bondaholic on Mon Jan 26, 2009 7:32 am

Looking at the guest suggestions that is what people want (me included)

bondaholic wrote:James Bond
• George Lazenby ...

reddragon wrote:Anyone at all from the following shows or films:-
James Bond

LukesXWing wrote:Bond -
Tom Mankiewicz (writer on 3 Bond films, all directed by Guy Hamilton who's already a guest)
Clifton James - Sheriff J.W. Pepper in 2 Bond films, both directed by Guy Hamilton
Ursula Andress

WaveCrest wrote:Guest suggestions for the March Memorabilia show:

James Bond:
Sir Roger Moore ...
bondaholic

Postby Mr Beaver on Mon Jan 26, 2009 5:29 pm

bondaholic wrote:Looking at the guest suggestions that is what people want (me included)

bondaholic wrote:James Bond
• George Lazenby ...

reddragon wrote:Anyone at all from the following shows or films:-
James Bond

LukesXWing wrote:Bond -
Tom Mankiewicz (writer on 3 Bond films, all directed by Guy Hamilton who's already a guest)
Clifton James - Sheriff J.W. Pepper in 2 Bond films, both directed by Guy Hamilton
Ursula Andress

WaveCrest wrote:Guest suggestions for the March Memorabilia show:

James Bond:
Sir Roger Moore ...

With respect ‘Bondaholic’, there’s something that confuses me.

You keep obsessively requesting bond guests. But when they are announced you don’t actually meet them anyway.

Listed on your website are the characters that you’ve so far met [updated 31st December 2008]. That total so far is an amazingly disappointing 7, and judging by the names, not all of them were obtained at the last show.

Judging by that evidence, I don’t think anybody believes that you’ll buy many this time either.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzz!
Mr Beaver

Postby Admin on Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:27 pm

We will not only be having Bond guests but they are the ones we have announced.

We have also announced NON bond guests already.

We are no where near finished but remember one thing we were slated by a number of people prior to the November event but we got nothing but positive feedback afterwards!

So bare with us and the list will be varied but as always we can not please everyone.

Admin
Admin
Site Admin

Postby bondaholic on Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:26 pm

I got 2 from the last show, I only get the ones that I am interested in.

This time there is only Guy Hamilton so far

If all of the ones I have posted on that list are ones I would defiantly get

None of those have been announced (yet)

• George Lazenby
• Timothy Dalton
• Roger Moore
• Mary'am D'abo
• Robert Davi
• Yaphet Kotto
• Mads Mikkelsen
• Judi Dench
• Giancarlo Giannini
• Jeffrey Wright
• Jesper Christensen
• Gloria Hendry
• Clifton Jones
• Jane Seymour
• John Cleese

:roll:
bondaholic

Postby lemmy1105 on Thu Feb 05, 2009 4:48 pm

personally i dont mind if 100 bond guests are appearing and all credit should be given to the guests for turning up, however like other people have previously mentioned if this memorabilia show turns into another two horse race - last year -bond and who from the tv/movie genre then a lot of people like myself will simply find somewhere else to go and spend our money (last year being the only memorabilia show we have missed).I would really like to see a larger /stronger guest list from other genres especially sci-fi,horror .
A larger spectrum of high quality guests will surely attract a larger audience in turn creating a higher profile which can only be good for stallholders as well, as not every stallholder has bond /who merchandise to sell.
And before i get called captain gripe-i can give credit where it is due as in i have always found the sporting guests of high calibre ,but loads of bond guests again with very few big movie stars of horror ,sci -fi,comedy etc does not make a show for me.
lemmy1105

Postby Admin on Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:48 pm

lemmy1105

Thank you for your feedback, we do not feel that the event is just full of Bond guests or Who guests, these people have played many other roles in their careers.

Also I would not say that Lindsay Wagner or Henry Winkler were from the formentioned or a number of the other guests who attended in November.

We already have a good line up of guests attending in March and have not yet finished the line up.

As we say we can not please everyone but considering the November event which was the 1st that we had run since we took over last year was the most succesful Memorabilia in 2 years I feel that we must have done something right and we are as always willing to listen to feedback and suggestions as we can always learn.

Admin
Admin
Site Admin

Postby Mr Beaver on Sun Feb 08, 2009 8:44 am

Without wishing to dwell on this point too much, as one tries to be positive about these events.

But you said ‘give us 3 shows’ and we’ll show you – or something similar.

After the second show, we’ll obviously will be over half way through that period. Yet,

- How many first time signers / ‘A grade’ stars have you managed to obtain? -very few .

- How many guests have you just copied from other shows? – extremely high! [All -1]

Why did London get Linda Hamilton, and we get more of the same faces? Why don’t we ever get guests of that calibre too?
Mr Beaver

Postby Admin on Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:14 am

Can I just say from the start that we have never said we shall show anyone anything.

What we said was that it would take a few shows for us to begin to change things and put elements in place that needed to be there.

We have to rebuild the event on a solid foundation and as I mentioned earlier many people felt that the November 08 event which was our first was a step in the right direction.

The guest list will vary but will have elements from its established market which includes Who, Bond and Star Wars.

London is a different event and we do not want to add some of the elements into Memorabilia that appear in London or it will loose its own identity.

What we are asking is for people to bare with us and changes will come over time as they did to an extent in November.

Admin

Mr Beaver wrote:Without wishing to dwell on this point too much, as one tries to be positive about these events.

But you said ‘give us 3 shows’ and we’ll show you – or something similar.

After the second show, we’ll obviously will be over half way through that period. Yet,

- How many first time signers / ‘A grade’ stars have you managed to obtain? -very few .

- How many guests have you just copied from other shows? – extremely high! [All -1]

Why did London get Linda Hamilton, and we get more of the same faces? Why don’t we ever get guests of that calibre too?
Admin
Site Admin

Postby Mr Beaver on Mon Feb 09, 2009 4:01 pm

Can you just clarify some of the above post?.

I asked why was Linda chosen to attend London, and not Birmingham?, and why instead were we constantly getting a guest list comprised of re-runs, instead of guests of that calibre?.

Your response is a confusing ‘the London event is different than Birmingham’.

Can we assume that from that statement, that the company policy is – that any major American signers will be billed for London only?.

If the plan is to swamp Birmingham with people from Bond, Who, and Star Wars – couldn’t we make some effort to at least have at least a sprinkling of UK first time signers each time?.

Sadly I can’t elaborate on the above point – because it would mean mentioning another event.

Can you also confirm, that with larger American signers now destined for London – does this mark the death of the horror guests of the past?.

You also state that many people prised you for the November show, yet you also fail to mention the number of negative posts that you’ve deleted and therefore hidden. Based on ‘guest lists’ alone, it would be interesting to get some honest and open discussion going.
Mr Beaver

Postby Rarewolf on Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:07 pm

Mr Beaver wrote:Sadly I can’t elaborate on the above point – because it would mean mentioning another event.

'repeat' guests seem to be more common across the board actually. I wasn't planning on doing spring . (to give the wallet a break :D ) but it's looking too good for me to miss now. One of the main draws for me will be Andy Secombe who's done one before but not at the same time as me!

I'd be seriously happy if Catherine Schell came back, I didn't go last year.
Rarewolf

Postby Admin on Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:04 pm

Mr Beaver

I have checked back through the posts you have made since joining the MCM Expo boards and deleted a couple as you clearly note in a few of them that you are not allowed to mention or gesture towards events not organised by the MCM Expo Group but you persist in doing so!

We are happy to see feedback and hear ideas but limit them to the events we organise in future as per the terms and conditions of use!

Now to get on to the post below:

'I asked why was Linda chosen to attend London, and not Birmingham?'

Simply because this was the only time that she was available to do our event,

'why instead were we constantly getting a guest list comprised of re-runs, instead of guests of that calibre?.'

I have already answered this point before, we took over last year with the first event that we did in November 08, many guests have played many different roles so may well attend a few times this has happened in the past with the previous owners and I am sure will happen again in future!

We had good guests at the last event and will continue to do so, we put guests into our events who may be available at that particular time and for the right deal that is the bottom line.

'Your response is a confusing ‘the London event is different than Birmingham’. Can we assume that from that statement, that the company policy is – that any major American signers will be billed for London only?.'

I do not see it as confusing and at no point have we said or indicated that we will only be putting major guests into London, refer to the point above as per booking guests

'If the plan is to swamp Birmingham with people from Bond, Who, and Star Wars – couldn’t we make some effort to at least have at least a sprinkling of UK first time signers each time?.'

You are obviously reading something that I am not, I said that the core of Memorabilia has always included Bond, Who and Star Wars which it will continue to do with other guests attending also.

At no point did I say that the event would be swamped with guests from those 3 productions.

'Sadly I can’t elaborate on the above point – because it would mean mentioning another event.'

Again gesturing, please refrain from doing this in future final warning.

'Can you also confirm, that with larger American signers now destined for London – does this mark the death of the horror guests of the past?.'

Again your points are wholly incorrect and way off of the mark so in a nutshell we will not confirm this as it is untrue!

'You also state that many people prised you for the November show, yet you also fail to mention the number of negative posts that you’ve deleted and therefore hidden. Based on ‘guest lists’ alone, it would be interesting to get some honest and open discussion going.'

The only negative responses to the guest list from November were limited to around 6 to 7 people and they were nothing but nagative with no foundation except personal preference, any other negative posts were made by new people who joined just to have a go.

Considering the number of people who attended the November event, 6 people in the big scheme of things was so minimal and something that we were not willing to allow to dilute and cause problems to the MCM Expo community.

We are happy for people to discuss many things but we have strict guidelines that I have clearly refered you to also that must be adhered to.

This really is not a democracy but an avenue to discuss the events, ideas and constructive feedback nothing else.

Admin

Mr Beaver wrote:Can you just clarify some of the above post?.

I asked why was Linda chosen to attend London, and not Birmingham?, and why instead were we constantly getting a guest list comprised of re-runs, instead of guests of that calibre?.

Your response is a confusing ‘the London event is different than Birmingham’.

Can we assume that from that statement, that the company policy is – that any major American signers will be billed for London only?.

If the plan is to swamp Birmingham with people from Bond, Who, and Star Wars – couldn’t we make some effort to at least have at least a sprinkling of UK first time signers each time?.

Sadly I can’t elaborate on the above point – because it would mean mentioning another event.

Can you also confirm, that with larger American signers now destined for London – does this mark the death of the horror guests of the past?.

You also state that many people prised you for the November show, yet you also fail to mention the number of negative posts that you’ve deleted and therefore hidden. Based on ‘guest lists’ alone, it would be interesting to get some honest and open discussion going.
Admin
Site Admin

Postby Mr Beaver on Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:16 pm

***EDITED BY ADMIN - MR BEAVER PLEASE REFER TO THE POSTING THAT I HAVE MADE BELOW THIS ONE FOR AN EXPLANATION***
Mr Beaver

Postby Admin on Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:09 pm

Mr Beaver

Please note that from this point forward it is obviously pointless to answer any points that you raise as they are very much confrontational in their nature!

You have read into every point that I have answered adding 2 and 2 together making 5 on your part!

We have acquired Memorabilia with the vision to go forward and once again make it one of the best events to attend in the UK, this will not simply happen over night!

So hopefully you will enjoy the events in the future and will come along to see the many plus points that we will add over time but if you do not then we understand.

Admin
Admin
Site Admin

Postby stamper on Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:28 pm

We need more bond guests. Pierce Brosnan Daniel craig?
stamper

Return to GENERAL CHAT