Cosplaying?

Chat generally about the March 2009 MEMORABILIA show at the NEC Birmingham

Cosplaying?

Postby kawaiitsuki on Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:19 pm

Is anyone gonna cosplay ? Me and I small group of friends are going I think 2-3 of us are cosplaying 2 of us definetly me included :lol: Were going from Soul Eater ^^ maka tsubaki and Black star ^^
kawaiitsuki

Re: Cosplaying?

Postby 25beth on Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:40 pm

me and my friend are deffo going and may-b some other people, but i know for sure us 2 are cosplaying
were going as Ritsuka and Soubi from Loveless :)
good to know others are cosplaying haha :P will have to look out for ya :lol:
25beth

Postby Mr Beaver on Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:40 pm

A fairly disappointing guest lists is one thing, but turning it to a cosplay event is another. :(
Mr Beaver

Postby Admin on Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:59 am

'Mr Beaver'

You seem to have a problem with everything relating to Memorabilia!

We feel that the guest list is fine and as been mentioned before to you, it is not finished so why keep moaning it is not constructive and really will not get you anywhere.

If people want to Cosplay that is great, but I do not see how a few people cosplaying would turn it in to a cosplay event, we support all parts of fandom which Cosplay is part of.

Memorabilia has a long tradition of Cosplay, over 100 Star Wars characters were at the last event plus many others in costume and this has been the case for years so do you not think that makes it a Cosplay event or do you not consider that Cosplay?

Saying that a few people who have mentioned Cosplay constitutes turning it into a Cosplay event seems very backward thinking, would half a dozen kids entering your lounge mean that you have opened a school?

As silly as my comment sounds bares a reflection on yours.

Please stop being negative an just enjoy the event.

Admin
Admin
Site Admin

Postby lovesttear on Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:43 pm

I dont see anything wrong with the guest list so far :3 Looks good! I cant wait. I'm cosplaying as Sasori Akasuna from Naruto XD Hopefully some of my Naruto cosplayer friends are going too :3
lovesttear

Postby Admin on Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:52 pm

We are glad you have decided to attend Memorabilia and help to make it a fun place to be!

Admin
Admin
Site Admin

Postby Cheetos on Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:25 pm

If I can go, I'll be going as Itachi Uchiha..
I think it'd be nice to have more cosplayers there.. OTL
*~ "You have to fall before you can get up."// ~*
Cheetos

Postby Anime_Angel on Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:02 am

I am probobly gonna come in as Misa in her first costume, before her black dress. I'm sure I'll spot a few fans around^__^
Anime_Angel

Postby Mr Beaver on Thu Feb 26, 2009 4:55 pm

Admin can you confirm with this change in direction – will the traders in autographs / photographs soon decrease?.
Mr Beaver

Postby Admin on Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:31 pm

Mr Beaver

Please give it up!

Confirm what re direction, there is NO redirection!

The event is staying as it always was and we are not making it into London!

All you seem to do is try to cause trouble Mr Beaver, I spend time every day editing your posts which should not need editing or deleting.

The dealers are not changing why should they?

Memorabilia has always had an element of Cosplay in it so where is the change or have I missed something?

Stop trying to ruin it for everyone else.

Admin
Admin
Site Admin

Postby Strawberry on Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:46 pm

I will definitely cosplay :D
School uni Amu from Shugo Chara! is high on the list, though I might re-debut as Rinoa or Misa again since those 2 cosplays are more recongisable and Memoribilia tends to have loads of people who don't recongise Amine characters.
I will make my decision closer to the time
Strawberry

Postby Anime_Angel on Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:34 pm

Strawberry wrote:I will definitely cosplay :D
School uni Amu from Shugo Chara! is high on the list, though I might re-debut as Rinoa or Misa again since those 2 cosplays are more recongisable and Memoribilia tends to have loads of people who don't recongise Amine characters.

Yeah it'ds best you use a more reckornizable cosplay otherwise, where is the fun in that?
Anime_Angel

Postby kawaiitsuki on Sun Mar 01, 2009 3:29 pm

Yay me and my friends wern't sure if there was much anime things there but we decided to go anyway :lol:
kawaiitsuki

Postby Cheetos on Sun Mar 01, 2009 5:28 pm

YAY! MAN MISA AGAIN!~
Me, Axel and Demyx talked to you about your death-heels and some other stuff at midlnds~ >w<

Im bringing a Sasuke with me now xD
Cheetos

Postby Anime_Angel on Sun Mar 01, 2009 7:12 pm

Cheetos wrote:YAY! MAN MISA AGAIN!~
Me, Axel and Demyx talked to you about your death-heels and some other stuff at midlnds~ >w<

Yeah, i remember lol.

Yeah, I will Be Man Misa till Retirement lol but there might be a chance I might be Man Misa in the same costume as last time in memorabillia but we all can hope for somat new^__^
Anime_Angel

Postby Cheetos on Mon Mar 02, 2009 5:57 pm

Anime_Angel wrote:
Cheetos wrote:YAY! MAN MISA AGAIN!~

Yeah, i remember lol.

Yeah, I will Be Man Misa till Retirement lol but there might be a chance I might be Man Misa in the same costume as last time in memorabillia but we all can hope for somat new^__^

Yaaay 8D

Thebestmisahappenstobemanmisa XD
Doesnt matter if it isnt new xD When i cosplayed misa *FOREVER AGO* I did the costume on the back of.. volume five? i think oAo;
Cheetos

Postby Alayis on Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:39 pm

Being as Memorabilia is partly also about gaming as well as cosplay and sci-fi stuffs (as well as much more, I believe) I'll be coming as Lei Wulong from Tekken 5. My friend Izzy is coming as Lei also, but in a variation of his police uniform.
I can't wait to see you all there.

If any of you saw me at the MCM Telford Expo, I was dressed as Miku Hatsune. I remember seeing the male Misa there - I'll be sure to say hi to people who I recognise and those who recognise me! :D
Alayis

Postby lovesttear on Wed Mar 04, 2009 7:37 pm

Alayis wrote:Being as Memorabilia is partly also about gaming as well as cosplay and sci-fi stuffs (as well as much more, I believe) I'll be coming as Lei Wulong from Tekken 5. My friend Izzy is coming as Lei also, but in a variation of his police uniform.
I can't wait to see you all there.

If any of you saw me at the MCM Telford Expo, I was dressed as Miku Hatsune. I remember seeing the male Misa there - I'll be sure to say hi to people who I recognise and those who recognise me! :D

Hi~~ I asked for a picture with you at MCM Telford :3 You were an epic Miku~ I was Sasori with my spikey red hair XD
lovesttear

Postby Alayis on Thu Mar 05, 2009 4:24 pm

Oooh I remember you!
Apologies, I was probably blinking on the pic. I normally am.
*Is not very photogenic*
Alayis

Postby lovesttear on Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:04 pm

Alayis wrote:Oooh I remember you!
Apologies, I was probably blinking on the pic. I normally am.
*Is not very photogenic*

No it was a very good picture :3 You didn't blink~ I'm aweful with Photo's XD
lovesttear

Postby Kira's_Apprentice on Sat Mar 07, 2009 5:45 pm

At the moment Im softerning my Mum up so I can ask her if dhe will take me, If she says yes then Im going as Light Yagami but I will have to rush it.

Anime_Angle@ Hi MisaMan I like your cosplay Its very imanaginative! LOL XD!!
Kira's_Apprentice

Postby 25beth on Tue Mar 17, 2009 10:09 pm

Anime_Angel wrote:I am probobly gonna come in as Misa in her first costume, before her black dress. I'm sure I'll spot a few fans around^__^

yey!! :lol: you rock Man Misa !
me and my friends were hoping you'd be going :D

this will be mine and my friends first Memorabilia, been to London and Midlands few times so thought we'd give this ago :)
and very excited, as long as the train goes okay lol
plus it will be our first time were actually using our Loveless cosplay :lol: so fun day hopefully :)
25beth

Postby 25beth on Tue Mar 17, 2009 10:11 pm

Strawberry wrote:I will definitely cosplay :D

yey! i love Shugo Chara and Amu!
if you go in that cosplay i will deffo be asking for a pic, if you dont mind haha
25beth

Postby Anime_Angel on Wed Mar 18, 2009 2:41 pm

25beth wrote:
Anime_Angel wrote:I am probobly gonna come in as Misa in her first costume, before her black dress. I'm sure I'll spot a few fans around^__^

yey!! :lol: you rock Man Misa !
me and my friends were hoping you'd be going :D

this will be mine and my friends first Memorabilia, been to London and Midlands few times so thought we'd give this ago :)
and very excited, as long as the train goes okay lol
plus it will be our first time were actually using our Loveless cosplay :lol: so fun day hopefully :)

Yeah there is no way I could miss the event whenever anime cospalyers are around^__^ I changed my mind and decided to go in the same costume I went in the last Memorabilia event (white blouse) but I will be hopeing to meet all my fans again and a few new ones^__^

Yeah despite Memorabilia being focused on Sci Fi, there will be anime stalls like Tokyotoys and Tokyopop ect so you have nothign to worry about there, also if you have a feeling that you might get yourself lost, you can actually come find and follow me (or whoever is in costume)^_^
Anime_Angel

Postby kawaiitsuki on Tue Mar 24, 2009 7:31 pm

Is anyone going on the sunday too ? Hopefuly me and my friends are cosplaying as Soul Eater on Saturday but were going as Air Gear now too hopefully we'll be allowed in with skates but im rubbish at skating anyway ^_^;
kawaiitsuki

Next

Return to GENERAL CHAT