Dancing & Cosplay Props

Chat generally about the March 2009 MEMORABILIA show at the NEC Birmingham

Dancing & Cosplay Props

Postby Alayis on Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:48 pm

I know there are a fair few cosplayers who visit Memorabilia, but nowhere near as many as Expo.
Even still, what about dances? Not really anything organised like the dance meet-ups during Expos but just... random dancing in individual groups?

Would it be allowed if you had iPod speakers or would you have to go outside of the event? Me and some friends want to record us dancing to Ike Ike.

Also, do you have to send any cosplay props to the desk to have them checked?

I've never been to Memorabilia before XD and I've never noticed any rules regarding these issues.
Thankies! <3
Alayis

Re: Dancing & Cosplay Props

Postby shaneh87 on Thu Mar 26, 2009 1:56 am

does this mean I'll have to put up with you're dancing again...only joking :p but seriously this is my first . so I'd like to know if there is a big dance thing going on just out of curiousity mind
shaneh87

Postby World Of Stuff on Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:35 am

I'd be interested in knowing the answer to this. I'm thinking of going as Blackie Lawless from W.A.S.P. - I don't think my choice of song is a problem ("Scream Until You Like It") but was wondering if my exploding codpiece needed to be checked out?????
World Of Stuff

Postby andini on Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:56 am

World Of Stuff wrote:I'd be interested in knowing the answer to this. I'm thinking of going as Blackie Lawless from W.A.S.P. - I don't think my choice of song is a problem ("Scream Until You Like It") but was wondering if my exploding codpiece needed to be checked out?????

Oh damn, I'll have to do a last minute change of plan, I was gonna do Blackie too, but "Animal (**** like a Beast)"
andini

Postby World Of Stuff on Fri Mar 27, 2009 6:27 pm

andini wrote:
World Of Stuff wrote:I'd be interested in knowing the answer to this. I'm thinking of going as Blackie Lawless from W.A.S.P. - I don't think my choice of song is a problem ("Scream Until You Like It") but was wondering if my exploding codpiece needed to be checked out?????

Oh damn, I'll have to do a last minute change of plan, I was gonna do Blackie too, but "Animal (**** like a Beast)"

'Animal' was obviously my first choice but the required circular sawblade codpiece would never have been allowed into the venue. I've got the assless spandex and everything :D
World Of Stuff

Postby Alayis on Fri Mar 27, 2009 7:36 pm

Hehe this sounds cool!
I'm taking a toy gun, but I painted the end of it blue (it's not orange anymore).
If any of you spot me, I'm going as Lei Wulong from Tekken 5 - the pink/white cop outfit. Come give me a hug or something ^.^. See you guys tomorrow!
Alayis

Return to GENERAL CHAT