The Newbie Thread!

This is where any guests attending the event are announced. Chat about anything to do with the event that does not fit into the other categories. Dont forget to visit the main website at http://www.londonexpo.com

Re: The Newbie Thread

Postby tribalyoshi on Thu Sep 10, 2009 6:30 pm

squishy-doughnut wrote:Newb in May too :3 Much better than I expected. I cosplayed Hinamori Amu and Renamon ^^ gonna have to do the same cosplays in October though, I don't have enough funds to make a new one ^^'

Must remember to take more money in October, I spent about £80 in May and that was nowhere near enough!

Weather is definitely gonna be an issue ^^' Wig one day and large tail the other, its gonna weigh me down if it gets soaked XD

you think that was bad? i wore WINGS last october for a pit cosplay... never again in that rain though ^.^;

not sure what the weather will be like though, here's hoping its dry ad least :)
cant believe i missed a Renamon in May though O_o!
tribalyoshi

Re: The Newbie Thread!

Postby doaflip on Sat Sep 12, 2009 11:49 pm

Hello! I'm considering coming along in October after going to the cosplay roadshow in Cheshunt yesterday. It'll be my first time :)
Just wondering, what time does the day normally start and finish? I'm pretty sure I'll come on the Sunday, but I'm not sure I can get the Saturday off work, so I might come if it goes on late enough to be worth it, if that makes any sense?
Thanks in advance :)
doaflip

Postby Metal_Slug on Sun Sep 13, 2009 3:48 am

Yeah I'm new to the whole anime expo thing. It'll be my first time too ^^ I read on the expo site that it's from 11am - 6pm Saturday and 11am - 5pm Sunday. Though you can get in at 9am Saturday and 10am Sunday if you buy an early entry ticket.

Regardless, I'm unbelievably excited :D It's the best excuse I could find to dress up and geek it up over anime ^^ Any words from the wise about what us newbies really shouldn't miss?

Also, is anyone planning on going for a few drinks at the local in the evening?
Sat 24thImageSun 25th
Metal_Slug

Postby issabella_mottman on Sun Sep 13, 2009 8:56 am

@Metal_Slug; just try to do as much as possible, check on here and any other forums you use to see if there are any meet-ups happening and go to them. Also don't be shy or scared of going up to people and talking to them; 99% of people are really friendly. But as to what you shouldn't miss, it depends on your interests really. If you get in early, try to get masquerade tickets, as it's always fun to watch, but be aware that they sell out really quickly. :)
issabella_mottman

Postby Metal_Slug on Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:32 am

Hah! Awesome. Thanks for the heads up. Yeah the masquerade ball looks really interesting. I can't wait to see everyone else's costumes. I'm supposed to be meeting a bunch of people I've never met before by grabbing an early morning McDonald's breakfast, so that should be fun ^^

If anyone is interested in grabbing a pint in the evening, just let me know :D
Sat 24thImageSun 25th
Metal_Slug

Postby tribalyoshi on Sun Sep 13, 2009 7:08 pm

Metal_Slug wrote:Hah! Awesome. Thanks for the heads up. Yeah the masquerade ball looks really interesting. I can't wait to see everyone else's costumes. I'm supposed to be meeting a bunch of people I've never met before by grabbing an early morning McDonald's breakfast, so that should be fun ^^

If anyone is interested in grabbing a pint in the evening, just let me know :D

well if your looking for activities to do in the evenings, theres a meetup at namco station from the front of the exel building on the friday, they leave at 5pm though. just look for a thread on here called "friday night namco station meet" or something for more details :D
but other evenings you can just catch most cosplayers at the hotel bar's for drinks <3
we've got a 20-25 min walk from our hotel to the exel D: us going to the london city airport travelodge. but it's work it for such cheap tickets =]
tribalyoshi

Postby Tesla on Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:33 am

Huge Newbie here..

Very 1st Expo..also 1st London trip.. talk about doing things in style.

Sounds like its an awesome event and well worth the journey..

Heres hoping I dont get lost on the underground!!..*thats the bit Im dreading* :?

Any pointers greatly appreciated xoxo

Sarah.. 8)
Tesla

Postby issabella_mottman on Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:38 pm

Tesla wrote:Huge Newbie here..

Very 1st Expo..also 1st London trip.. talk about doing things in style.

Sounds like its an awesome event and well worth the journey..

Heres hoping I dont get lost on the underground!!..*thats the bit Im dreading* :?

Any pointers greatly appreciated xoxo

Sarah.. 8)

Definitely plan your routue ahead of time. Try looking now, but check for news of planned engineering works etc. Figure out several routes if you can, in case of any problems and make sure you have it written down or remembered. If all else fails, follow the cosplayers =P However last time we did that they were going to chinatown beforehand so we got even more lost so be careful ^_^"
issabella_mottman

Postby xXxGl0rfindelxXx on Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:28 pm

Hello all.
First time at an Expo! Though i shall be kitted out with some nice bleach cosplay!
I'll be coming down with Metal_Slug so luckily i won't be alone at the beginning! but hope to see you all there. Just watch out for a Kenpachi and Hisagi :p
xXxGl0rfindelxXx

Postby Toadsanime on Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:30 pm

xXxGl0rfindelxXx wrote:Hello all.
First time at an Expo! Though i shall be kitted out with some nice bleach cosplay!
I'll be coming down with Metal_Slug so luckily i won't be alone at the beginning! but hope to see you all there. Just watch out for a Kenpachi and Hisagi :p

Welcome to the forums, hope you have a neat first expo! I'm sure my travel partner, LemGemapple, will be happy to see your cosplay.
Toadsanime

Postby xXxGl0rfindelxXx on Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:41 pm

Thank you Toadsanime! :>
xXxGl0rfindelxXx

Postby MrsShikamaru on Wed Sep 16, 2009 3:32 pm

Hiiii It will be my second time to Mcm Expo,and im still very nervous, i didnt really meet anyone the first time as im quite nervous till i kinda know you a little :D

Soo err hi lol
MrsShikamaru

Postby Flionheart on Wed Sep 16, 2009 6:34 pm

I'm a newbie too! lol.

I can't wait to go! Looking forward to meet you all ^_^
Flionheart

Postby Toadsanime on Wed Sep 16, 2009 7:54 pm

MrsShikamaru wrote:Hiiii It will be my second time to Mcm Expo,and im still very nervous, i didnt really meet anyone the first time as im quite nervous till i kinda know you a little :D

Soo err hi lol

Hi MrsShikamaru! Hopefully your second expo goes well, and if you post around on here a bit I gather you'll know a few people before going.
Flionheart wrote:I'm a newbie too! lol.

Welcome to the forums, and hope you have a great first expo in October! :D
Toadsanime

Postby MrsShikamaru on Fri Sep 18, 2009 3:19 pm

Toadsanime wrote:
MrsShikamaru wrote:Hiiii It will be my second time to Mcm Expo,and im still very nervous, i didnt really meet anyone the first time as im quite nervous till i kinda know you a little :D

Soo err hi lol

Hi MrsShikamaru! Hopefully your second expo goes well, and if you post around on here a bit I gather you'll know a few people before going.
Flionheart wrote:I'm a newbie too! lol.

Welcome to the forums, and hope you have a great first expo in October! :D

thankies hehe hopefully
MrsShikamaru

Postby Sasunaruko~ on Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:14 pm

Hi, this upcoming expo will be me and my friends first and were really nervous and not sure if we should wait a bit longer until the next one... were cosplaying as deathnote and not sure if we should still do it.... help and suggestionss?
Sasunaruko~

Postby SilverSheik on Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:36 pm

Sasunaruko~ wrote:Hi, this upcoming expo will be me and my friends first and were really nervous and not sure if we should wait a bit longer until the next one... were cosplaying as deathnote and not sure if we should still do it.... help and suggestionss?

I'd say go for it!

First time I cosplayed was at the midlands expo, and Im so glad I did. Otherwise Id feel a bit out of place among the many other cosplayers lol so I would have regretted it I think.
However the london expos are bit bigger than midlands ones...this october will be my first time in london and first london expo, and Ive decided to cosplay both days.

Anyway, since london is bigger I cant really judge exactly from my own experience but I would still say to go and cosplay in october!
I think its better to go and be a tad nervous at first than to not go and regret it!
(btw,you get so many hugs, photos, meeting new and nice people etc so theres no need to be nervous really, most cosplayers I find are nice people :) )

But if you are really worried, maybe just go for one day this october in normal clothes just to get a feel for it, then go in full cosplay at midlands february or at london in may...

Hope that helps :D
SilverSheik

Postby Sasunaruko~ on Wed Sep 23, 2009 7:20 am

SilverSheik wrote:
Sasunaruko~ wrote:Hi, this upcoming expo will be me and my friends first and were really nervous and not sure if we should wait a bit longer until the next one... were cosplaying as deathnote and not sure if we should still do it.... help and suggestionss?

I'd say go for it!

First time I cosplayed was at the midlands expo, and Im so glad I did. Otherwise Id feel a bit out of place among the many other cosplayers lol so I would have regretted it I think.
However the london expos are bit bigger than midlands ones...this october will be my first time in london and first london expo, and Ive decided to cosplay both days.

Anyway, since london is bigger I cant really judge exactly from my own experience but I would still say to go and cosplay in october!
I think its better to go and be a tad nervous at first than to not go and regret it!
(btw,you get so many hugs, photos, meeting new and nice people etc so theres no need to be nervous really, most cosplayers I find are nice people :) )

But if you are really worried, maybe just go for one day this october in normal clothes just to get a feel for it, then go in full cosplay at midlands february or at london in may...

Hope that helps :D

thankyouu!! Will i be seeing you there (if my mother lets me go :lol: )? im going as light from death note XD
Sasunaruko~

Postby SilverSheik on Wed Sep 23, 2009 1:50 pm

Sasunaruko~ wrote:thankyouu!! Will i be seeing you there (if my mother lets me go :lol: )? im going as light from death note XD

ur welcome :)

Light? coolies Ill be sure to photogrpah you if you can make it :D
Yup you will see me there, I'm coming as Oz from Pandora Hearts on Saturday, and as Hiro from Gravitation on the Sunday.
SilverSheik

Postby Timcanpy55 on Wed Sep 23, 2009 6:42 pm

First expo ever XD can't waiiiit :D
Last edited by Timcanpy55 on Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Timcanpy55

Postby theocord on Sat Oct 03, 2009 8:07 pm

Yeah this is going to be my first anime convention.. and my first time at mcm.. i really cant wait.. i knew about it before.. but after becoming so much more into shows and manga (ahem mainly bleach please dont judge me lol) i wanted to go with a whole bunch of my friends.. but i really want to meet some of you guys.. even though i didnt get the chance to cosplay (wanted to go as tousen.. didnt have the money nor time :( sadface). i seriously cant WAIT

neither can my girlfriend shes been bending her ear about it haha
GETSUGA! TEN-SHOU!
theocord

Postby MarcusDkun on Sat Oct 03, 2009 8:20 pm

theocord wrote:Yeah this is going to be my first anime convention.. and my first time at mcm.. i really cant wait.. i knew about it before.. but after becoming so much more into shows and manga (ahem mainly bleach please dont judge me lol) i wanted to go with a whole bunch of my friends.. but i really want to meet some of you guys.. even though i didnt get the chance to cosplay (wanted to go as tousen.. didnt have the money nor time :( sadface). i seriously cant WAIT

neither can my girlfriend shes been bending her ear about it haha

ahahha have fun this is my second time at the expo first time was great ull love it if ur there on the friday theres a meet up look in the forums for itwait i wont be lazy an ill get the link

viewtopic.php?f=248&t=12047
sat -Ace - One Piece
Sun-Anbu sasuke -Naruto
Nights - Custom tsuna :P
MarcusDkun

Postby theocord on Sat Oct 03, 2009 8:39 pm

Cool! i might go if im not tired from college and jive haha.. but yeah everything about teh expo looks brilliant! hope i have enough money to buy some kool stuff though.. all though it may only consist of final fantasy merchandise and maybe a few manga's haha
GETSUGA! TEN-SHOU!
theocord

Postby timelady4 on Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:46 pm

hy yeah ive found the newbie thread after putting my in fo in some where else i go and find this one never mind hi timelady 4 and want to know how i geta picture from my computer to put under my name on my profile ima huge fan of tom baker loyol for 35 years as i was 10 when tom joined dr who and now im 45 im now coming to the mcm event ***EDITED AS PER TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THE MESSAGE BOARD**** so this will be the 7th time ive met tom since last november if your a regular tom gets to know you by name so when i met tom in september he said to mary tamm this is tracy from wolverhampton how cool is that tom is a great guy well sexy guy
timelady4

Postby issabella_mottman on Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:48 pm

Hi :)
Click on 'user control pannel' (at the top left of the screen), click on the tab 'edit profile' then click edit avatar and upload the picture of your choice :)
issabella_mottman

PreviousNext

Return to GENERAL CHAT & GUEST ANNOUNCEMENTS