RED ROVER AND COSPLAY CHESS!!

This is where any guests attending the event are announced. Chat about anything to do with the event that does not fit into the other categories. Dont forget to visit the main website at http://www.londonexpo.com

RED ROVER AND COSPLAY CHESS!!

Postby Rossmonster on Mon Jul 27, 2009 11:48 pm

Hi Guys, this is Rossmonster from Leaders Cosplay!

Some of you may remember us, we started the awesome game of Red Rover in May so we've decided to officialy host it again this October! That, and we also thought we might try organise a game of Cosplay Chess on one of the days and then hopefully turn it into an annual event!

So, first things first, RED ROVER

We’ll be having it both days this time as its going to be a lot cooler than it was in May, also the times will be arranged around any major photo shoots and masquerades to be as convenient as possible. They will defiantly start by at least 12 so as to give people time to wonder round the expo in the morning. We’re playing Red Rover, Bulldog and Corners, plus any other good playground games you can think of!

The games are being organised by the Cosplay group The Leaders who were the ones who started it last time, there should be at least one leader on the field at anytime so if you have any suggestions for games or you’ve brought a ball or something for fun we’ll be happy to round up some players and scare away any footballers who may be competing for the green. We’ll all be in original cosplay on the Saturday (think ANBU but with an Akatsuki twist) so if you can’t find the field or if you know there’s a major photo shoot going on please ask us and we’ll be happy to help! But please, help us by not organising a all day tea party in the middle of the field, or by organising your own massive game or Red Rover alongside us. We want this to be as fun and easy as possible, and of course we’ll be arranging around the nerf war and other games going on, but work with us people.

And finally, last but not least a few final points. The games we’ll be playing are rough and will probably involve running and maybe a bit of tackling. If your coming in a very delicate cosplay, or are worried about grass stains and the like DON’T PLAY. There will obviously be a few games that wont involve running and tackling so we’d suggest you stick to those. No one wants a ripped skirt before a masquerade or photo shoot! Also, BRING WATER! Or money, your bound to get thirsty and we all know how the vendors inside the expo charge. If you forget or run out, there is a small mini-mart down the road from the green that we’ll be happy to show you so you can buy cheaper drinks.

So, if your free drop by! There’s no registration needed and we’ll be there pretty much all day! So come say hi, get a few videos and help us to make this Red Rover the best!

(found footage of the Red Rover game in May http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9w-55fOoUY enjoy!)
(also we found photos of the red rover, corners, bull dog matches AND the massive pile-up when a bunch of one peice cosplayers wandered into the middle of our match http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=ho ... 4923091052 may they rest in peices)

Now we have COSPLAY CHESS

For the chess game, we thought Evil vs. Good would be a cool theme for this, so as an example you would have Akatsuki members on the evil side, and Naruto, Hinata, Sakura etc. on the good side!

We'll need 32 players to be chess pieces, this year Leaders Cosplay are coming as Akatsuki members so we'll be taking up a few places on the evil side. This is open to all cosplayers, not just Naruto ones so any Deathnote, Bleach, One Piece *shudder* etc. cosplayers are welcome. Any other groups will be welcomed with open arms.
I will be reffing the match but we'll also need two cosplayers to act as the players for Team Evil and Team Good to control them on the board. so in total we'll need around 34 players. You don't need to sign up, just keep an eye out for updates on this topic and for the game at the expo. We'll be carrying a sign round before the event to encourage more players.

The board is being supplied by Leaders Cosplay and will either be set up at the entrance to the expo in the plaza, or down the steps where the grass banks are.

So, i know this has been a dreadfully long post, but please read and join us for a few games! We may have a few chess matches with Pirates vs. Ninja, or Girls vs. Boys, so don't worry if you arrive late for the first one.

UPDATE http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WN--WnfQUQc youtube video with the final info on Red Rover!

Updates to come
xxRossmonsterxx
Leaders Cosplay

http://leaderscosplay.deviantart.com/
Last edited by Rossmonster on Sat Oct 10, 2009 3:18 am, edited 4 times in total.
Rossmonster

Re: RED ROVER AND COSPLAY CHESS!!

Postby danburleton on Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:02 am

I am in.
Both of them are brill games and will be loads of fun.
I am so looking forward to the Expo i a shore it will be EPIC!!!!!
I will be doing Death the Kid and Kanda on Sunday, still thinking about Sat but will do Death the Kid at some point on Saturday.
Dan the man I do any and all cosplays.
danburleton

Postby Rilack on Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:17 am

I'd just like to ask...wth IS corners! no one has given me a good explanation as of yet XD

Oh, and the Final Fantasy masses will be having their photoshoots on the flat grass part thingy at 11.30 and 1.30 on Saturday, and 11.00 and 1.30 on Sunday. The reason we have 2 times is because people are doubled booked for cosplays :D

Anyways, I'll be joining in with the gamers. Might I recommend that wigs and such be removed...as a rule? We don't want someone who forgot to remove the wig complaining about how it got crushed >.> And is there an age limit?
Rilack

Postby Rossmonster on Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:32 am

I'd just like to ask...wth IS corners! no one has given me a good explanation as of yet XD

Oh, and the Final Fantasy masses will be having their photoshoots on the flat grass part thingy at 11.30 and 1.30 on Saturday, and 11.00 and 1.30 on Sunday. The reason we have 2 times is because people are doubled booked for cosplays

Anyways, I'll be joining in with the gamers. Might I recommend that wigs and such be removed...as a rule? We don't want someone who forgot to remove the wig complaining about how it got crushed >.> And is there an age limit?

Lol, okay
1. Corners was a game invented by me and some other friends so you wont really find it anywhere, but its quite simple. Basically, all the players split into four teams and each take a corner. The ref will then tell corner a to attack corner b, the idea being to get all the players from that group into your team. The team with all the other players in their group at the end wins. You can get them into your corner by carrying, bribing, or chasing. We don't want anyone being injured so the ref will be careful on lookout and of course if anyone says stop, they'll need to stop.

2. Cheers for the times, we're putting it all togather to find spare times, but we may end up having to play during some things.

3. Usually, we leave it to the players. My wig fell off once but wasnt damaged, of course we expect swords and the like to be removed.

4. NO AGE LIMIT! Though if your young, we'd suggest sticking to the chess rather than some of the rougher games, But its up to you if you play. Leaders cosplay will always have someone acting as ref for safety reasons

I rock at posting annoying long replies!
Rossmonster

Postby Rilack on Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:35 am

and red rover is breaking a line...starting to sound like american football...unpadded :twisted: Oh this will be fun. With Red Rover, can you pick the link you try to break?

annoyingly long posts are great, they're informative :D Well, on Saturday, You shall have a Squall...who will have a haircut as the wig will be put safely on sideline/in my room. And on Sunday, either a Laguna or Zangetsu, depending on whether I've changed or not :D
Rilack

Postby Rossmonster on Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:39 am

and red rover is breaking a line...starting to sound like american football...unpadded Oh this will be fun. With Red Rover, can you pick the link you try to break?

Yeah, basically we'll have two lines facing each other and a person selected by the side they run at then tries to break through their line, you can shoose anywhere to break through, if you break through, you also take someone back with you, if not you join them.

Course, we'll try keep it safe as possible.

Oh and we will probs have a bit for people to leave their stuff, Our group all have swords and masks that we dont wont broken and we'll see if we can have someone with the left stuff during the games!
Rossmonster

Postby Rilack on Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:45 am

this is starting to sound epic. I missed it in May, was well gutted! Btw, you should be able to see where the Final Fantasy group as I plan to make a flag that will be flying the SeeD logo, which should look something like this

Rilack

Postby Rossmonster on Tue Jul 28, 2009 1:23 am

That, my friend is an awesome flag! We're going to have a sign hopefully so people can find out about the Red Rover games and Chess match. It sucked you missed it, we were/are still really shocked that we started someting, hopefully this year will be just as fun!

Keep an eye out for us, we'll be in an original cosplay so if you find us just follow us:
http://leaderscosplay.deviantart.com/ar ... -131146276

Thats what the cosplay should look like, add feel free to add us, we'll probably update that aswell.
Rossmonster

Postby Rilack on Tue Jul 28, 2009 1:28 am

wait a minute...my friend Ash sent me that pic a while ago saying he would be doing a male version of that cosplay >_<
Rilack

Postby Nightclaws on Tue Jul 28, 2009 1:37 am

Yes! Ash is our Zetsu, and I m TOBI!

So hey, i'll be one of the Leaders organising this event,
And by organising, I mean sitting on the ground watching, and playing the games xD
Nightclaws

Postby Rossmonster on Tue Jul 28, 2009 1:38 am

YES! Blondie the yondaime, konohas yellow flasher! He's our groups zetsu!
Rossmonster

Postby Rilack on Tue Jul 28, 2009 1:49 am

hmmm....should I plan my cosplay around me wearing padding in certain...areas? >.>
Rilack

Postby MechanicalPirate on Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:12 am

Count me in :D
Quick question; is Red Rover essentially like British Bulldog? I've gotten a few different explanations and i'm a little confused now...
May Expo 2010:
Saturday - Lust FMA
Sunday - Female V
MechanicalPirate

Postby Rilack on Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:14 pm

red rover: 2 lines of people, you hold the hands of the person to either side of you, and then one team calls out 'red rover red rover we call BLAH BLAH over', and that person has to break a link in the chain of people

british bulldog: one person in the middle, everyone on one side, aim of the game? to get to the other side without being caught :D

if my explanations are wrong, please correct me :D
Rilack

Postby Anne Drogenous on Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:54 pm

I'm in for chess, to play or to control the pieces.
I used to be a bit of a chess champion, at least in my local area, so it's up to you.

I'll have to see what costume I'll be in for Red Rover, and if it wont break during the game.
Damn my tendency to have fragile accessories. D:
Anne Drogenous

Postby Rossmonster on Tue Jul 28, 2009 3:58 pm

We're actually doing British Bulldog AND Red Rover on the day so you'll be able to see the difference yourself. But don't worry if you dont understand some of the games we do, we're happy to explain anything on the day =^.^=

And to the last comment, feel free to take any place you want, of course it would be useful to have someone who definatly knows how to play chess leading a side. I'll personally be reffing it, but we're doing it along the style of Cosplay chess, where when one peice takes another, they get to actually use a character move to take them off the board. So Gaara could Sand Coffin an enemy off the board, or a Jesus Cosplayer could..er...hit them? or something....

But we're gonna have a few matches, so you'll be able to fit into at least one catagory (definatly good vs evil) and im sure the'll be someone willing to look after your props.

Probably me
Rossmonster

Postby pocayo on Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:52 pm

I am really excited for this o_O I don't know why so much but I havn't had a good childish game in years.

But I am so weak ;___; I must start TRAINING!!
pocayo

Postby Scribbles93 on Wed Jul 29, 2009 5:18 pm

Cosplay chess 8D

I love yu for that idea.
Im up for being a chess player if you want :3
Scribbles93

Postby Rossmonster on Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:07 pm

I think this is the only time ive had an excuse to scream and run like a loon! oh and play with a sword. We'll be waiting with open rms for you!

And another chess peice! Not to worry if we dont fill every chess peice on the board, we'll be recruiting at expo aswell. Still, if you spot us walking around come and say hi and i'll be sure to make sure we leave a spot for you on the board!
Rossmonster

Postby Scribbles93 on Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:38 pm

Cool 83

Oh if you see a Wisdom Form Sora during the day (like before the chess etc) be sure to grab/kidnap me to make sure i remember to come play xD
Scribbles93

Postby Rossmonster on Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:41 pm

we'll have a sign, but should i see you i will kidnap you just in case
Rossmonster

Postby Rilack on Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:42 pm

I'll be a chess piece...a wizards chess piece, expect horrible advice being yelled out :D
Rilack

Postby Rossmonster on Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:49 pm

I'll be a chess piece...a wizards chess piece, expect horrible advice being yelled out

It's okay, im bringing duct-tape :)
Rossmonster

Postby Rilack on Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:12 pm

:O oh that is evil!
Rilack

Postby DarkNyte on Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:29 am

Im up for chess ill be Ingway from Odins Sphere so ill be ok for costume but i can do Red Rover im afraid as my costume might be a bit fragile for that but CHESS ^.^ YAY.
DarkNyte

Next

Return to GENERAL CHAT & GUEST ANNOUNCEMENTS