Problems with Queueing anyone? And general views about Sat

This is where any guests attending the event are announced. Chat about anything to do with the event that does not fit into the other categories. Dont forget to visit the main website at http://www.londonexpo.com

Re: Problems with Queueing anyone? And general views about Sat

Postby Saikouze on Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:00 am

RanmaSyaoranSaotome wrote:I must be the only person who enjoys the queue, even though it WAS painful wearing my head ._.

I was painful for us too! *bump!*

Lol nah kidding, I remember seeing you, that was really great!
Saikouze

Postby Lloyd_Irving on Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:01 am

Adziu wrote:
Lloyd_Irving wrote:I got up at 8am to queue on Saturday, my friends needed extra time to work on their costumes.
Think by the time I got in it was nearly quarter to 11.
Being on my own for that long was boring, but I was glad to get in xD

It really is much better to go everywhere with friends!

Tbh I'm glad I went in when I did.
My other mate would've got in before me otherwise and got the only Tales of Vesperia artbook either of us could find.
So yeah xD
BRING ON MAY
Lloyd_Irving

Postby shalimar on Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:12 pm

I tend to just get a fast track ticket and go straight in, but reading these stories about the queuing has given me an excellent idea I’d like to experiment for next year.

I’d also like to put this forward to Admin as well (just to make sure there are no problems). But is there anything against me letting people play simple mini games at the queuing area, and the winner would receive a fast track ticket? The price for the tickets would come out of my pocket of course.

Not only would the queue move a little faster but also people would be enjoying themselves and winner would get free entry!

:)
shalimar

Postby Shay-Chan on Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:21 pm

shalimar wrote:I tend to just get a fast track ticket and go straight in, but reading these stories about the queuing has given me an excellent idea I’d like to experiment for next year.

I’d also like to put this forward to Admin as well (just to make sure there are no problems). But is there anything against me letting people play simple mini games at the queuing area, and the winner would receive a fast track ticket? The price for the tickets would come out of my pocket of course.

Not only would the queue move a little faster but also people would be enjoying themselves and winner would get free entry!

I chuckled at that. I think thats a good idea. XD
And this also relates to the game thing; why is everyone so depressed?
I remember alot of people were starting the Mexican Wave and it just stopped. ;________;
I didnt start it, but I was waiting for it to come to me. But it didnt. xD;;
I need a new signature. -.-
Shay-Chan

Postby Toadsanime on Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:28 pm

Shay-Chan wrote:
shalimar wrote:I tend to just get a fast track ticket and go straight in, but reading these stories about the queuing has given me an excellent idea I’d like to experiment for next year.

I chuckled at that. I think thats a good idea. XD
I remember alot of people were starting the Mexican Wave and it just stopped. ;________;
]
The Mexican wave in the early entry lines? Yeah, I wasn't in the line that was doing it, but I was hoping it'd come to our line. It didn't. D:
Toadsanime

Postby Eth Nargy on Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:40 pm

I had pre-paid tickets too, the queue slowed down a to a stop a few times but overall things seemed to move quite quickly.
Eth Nargy

Postby sagart on Tue Oct 27, 2009 3:23 pm

Perhaps the signing areas could be more centralised. It felt like we were in the middle of the thoroughfare while waiting for autographs. Could they all be in a more defined area?
I'm an autograph collector, especially Star Trek and Sci-Fi/Fantasy movies/TV and I was very happy with the guests, they were great. I'm a bit out of my depth with the whole cosplay thing. Some will say that if you're gonna come to Expo then you have to go with the cosplay flow but if you want to attract mainstream media fans perhaps having a more defined signing area for the media guests would help for the attendees who aren't there for the cosplay or the gaming. It would help in the (albeit entertaining) madness of the day.
Growing old is mandatory;growing up is optional!
sagart

Postby shalimar on Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:30 pm

Wally wrote: I went as Ronald McDonald and met tons of lovely people (apart from one who thought it would be hillarious to kick me. TWICE.), spent lots and generally had lots of laughs!

Well done expo. =D

Ah, that was you! My sisters liked you, and took a picture (which I'll send your way). I didn't even realise that it was a girl under that costume!
shalimar

Postby Admin-2 on Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:46 pm

laurarattigan wrote:The queuing was ridiculous. I had early bird yet didnt get in until 9.45. What is the point in paying £5 extra for each person when you get in 15 minutes beforehand? I was queuing way before 9am and witnessed queue jumping, people who had arrived much later getting in first, it was ridiculous.

The price difference is £2
London MCM Expo - Admin~2
Admin-2
Site Admin

Postby UchihaSilver on Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:49 pm

We started a 'pass the poke' thing in the line on Sunday.. did that get very far? :P
Yes, the queue on Saturday was pretty long... we got bored so started playing caramelldansen on the epic CD player of doom :P
Semi retired cosplayer x3
UchihaSilver

Postby Wally on Tue Oct 27, 2009 11:16 pm

shalimar wrote:
Wally wrote: I went as Ronald McDonald and met tons of lovely people (apart from one who thought it would be hillarious to kick me. TWICE.), spent lots and generally had lots of laughs!

Well done expo. =D

Ah, that was you! My sisters liked you, and took a picture (which I'll send your way). I didn't even realise that it was a girl under that costume!

LOL. Yes I was quite the trap. ;P The look on some people's faces when they realised what gender I am was pretty hillarious. XD
Wally

Postby Toadsanime on Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:26 am

Wally wrote:
shalimar wrote:

Well done expo. =D

LOL. Yes I was quite the trap. ;P The look on some people's faces when they realised what gender I am was pretty hillarious. XD

Sorry to lead this off-topic again, but we saw your cosplay and loved it; very well done. :wink:

Anyway, I'd agree with Laura in that we had early tickets but that we didn't go in that much earlier than those with normal tickets. :?
Toadsanime

Postby moo-chan on Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:29 pm

Queueing to get into the hall was the only problem. To get the actual ticket was fun because my baby brother cosplayed as Pikachu and got loads o' attention =]
moo-chan

Postby MattBails on Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:40 pm

moo-chan wrote:Queueing to get into the hall was the only problem. To get the actual ticket was fun because my baby brother cosplayed as Pikachu and got loads o' attention =]

I think I saw you, was he riding around on his dads shoulders? So sweet!! :-) There was a baby Spidey on sunday too!!
MattBails

Postby moo-chan on Wed Oct 28, 2009 6:08 pm

MattBails wrote:
moo-chan wrote:Queueing to get into the hall was the only problem. To get the actual ticket was fun because my baby brother cosplayed as Pikachu and got loads o' attention =]

I think I saw you, was he riding around on his dads shoulders? So sweet!! :-) There was a baby Spidey on sunday too!!

Yeah, he was pretty good and enjoyed looking around on my step-dad's shoulders :P
moo-chan

Postby KiraraYumi on Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:28 pm

This was my first time getting an early bird ticket and I knew I was going to wait over half an hour to get it, so i didn't mind. I've waited in a much more tedious line for a different con/Expo so after that I can handle up to 3 hours in line >< But I definatly wouldn't have wanted to be stuck there any longer then I was after buying an early entry ticket. And I found the lines to get back into the hall quite quick, unless I was just lucky :? Anyways, I had an awesome day and can't wait till next year.
wat.
KiraraYumi

Postby blastuk on Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:10 pm

Toadsanime wrote:My only problem was that this was the only time I've had to queue to get back in to the hall after being stamped. It was probably down to having to be checked over for your UV stamp.

I had to go to the toilet after I got in and stamped. I saw a huge queue to get in on my way back and I just asked a steward who kindly let me go straight to the front. Very nice person that was :)
blastuk

Postby KajiDaigoji on Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:34 pm

The queue was the queue, had its ups and downs (What with all the mexican waves hoho joke), I absolutly loved saturday and sunday as well. GREAT JOBS GUYS AND GIRLS OF THE LONDON MCM EXPO!
KajiDaigoji

Postby LadyLaraCroft on Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:38 pm

On Saturday, once we had bought our tickets we were put in another line and they let the line next to us go in first which was fair enough because they were there first, but then the stewards kept on letting more people into that line so people who we were in front of were now getting in before us. How was that fair?
I am TheEmoEmu. Deal with it.
LadyLaraCroft

Postby wcw4life on Sat Oct 31, 2009 12:59 pm

I thought the idea of how the queue system was structured was well thought out, but in practice didn't go as well. True the doors opening a bit late didn't help. But good job on trying to make a new first time entry queue system.

Only other thing I will say about getting in, is please have more than one barcode reader at the entrance. That slowed things up for me a bit.

Other than that, two words that need to be taken in consideration for next expo, 'air conditioning'.
Anime Chronicle Podcast
Ep 1 out now @ http://AnimeChronicle.podbean.com
wcw4life

Postby sunny1r on Sat Oct 31, 2009 10:21 pm

Shay-Chan wrote:I chuckled at that. I think thats a good idea. XD

Yeah i was near the mexican wave when it happened but it never got close to me either, but it did catch everyone off guard and then and my friend tried to start our own wave....never got far...

the winning tickets idea is pretty cool, they could ask questions on anime or sci-fi, like they sometimes do at thorpe park for an extra go on some the rides.
sunny1r

Postby shalimar on Sat Oct 31, 2009 10:52 pm

sunny1r wrote:
the winning tickets idea is pretty cool, they could ask questions on anime or sci-fi, like they sometimes do at thorpe park for an extra go on some the rides.

Yeah, I want to experiment with games next time.

Questions is one thing I have in mind. :idea:

The main idea is to pit two people against each other, playing some simple or some crazy games, randomly decided (one game is ‘really’ out there). The games are NOT designed to humiliate anyone and people can drop out if they don’t want to play. If this turns out to work, then I might make it a regular thing.

However, I don’t want to ruin everything this early, so I’m not going to reveal much else till closer to the time!
shalimar

Postby Toadsanime on Sun Nov 01, 2009 12:22 pm

wcw4life wrote:I thought the idea of how the queue system was structured was well thought out, but in practice didn't go as well. True the doors opening a bit late didn't help. But good job on trying to make a new first time entry queue system.

Only other thing I will say about getting in, is please have more than one barcode reader at the entrance. That slowed things up for me a bit.

Other than that, two words that need to be taken in consideration for next expo, 'air conditioning'.

I believe air conditioning is always on in May, but considering how crowded and hot it gets in the hall I think now is the time to incorporate it in October expo's. :wink:
Toadsanime

Postby fks-102 on Sun Nov 01, 2009 1:56 pm

The temperature in the halls is a major problem.
The friend i went with has Hyperhydrosis (excessive sweating) and we had to take trips outside multiple times because he started sweating badly and I know of someone who lost 1lb in weight because it was so hot!

I'm worried how I'll be in may as I'm going in full body armour that'll be hard to take off. Looks like I'll be stocking up of deoderant.
fks-102

Postby Toadsanime on Sun Nov 01, 2009 1:59 pm

fks-102 wrote:The temperature in the halls is a major problem.
The friend i went with has Hyperhydrosis (excessive sweating) and we had to take trips outside multiple times because he started sweating badly and I know of someone who lost 1lb in weight because it was so hot!

I'm worried how I'll be in may as I'm going in full body armour that'll be hard to take off. Looks like I'll be stocking up of deoderant.

Air conditioning is used in May, and at best the temperature doesn't seem to ever be worse than it is in October.
Toadsanime

PreviousNext

Return to GENERAL CHAT & GUEST ANNOUNCEMENTS