SATURDAY 24th expo was the best!!!!!

This is where any guests attending the event are announced. Chat about anything to do with the event that does not fit into the other categories. Dont forget to visit the main website at http://www.londonexpo.com

SATURDAY 24th expo was the best!!!!!

Postby kamzo91 on Sun Oct 25, 2009 11:06 am

hey guys how was your day in the expo? i realy enjoyed yesterdays expo!! from they weird guy with the white suit and hammer on his head to predator walking around and shopping! it was mad, buzzing, hot, packed.....and japanese! lol ^^
i spent over £300 :shock: and my budget was £150 lol, but hu cares ryt?? :lol:
it was my first time and i loved it... oh and all you guys are very nice too no one was rude or boring. i loved the girls infront of me in the que they where giving out cookies ^^ hehe. CANT wait for next year!!

oh and girls with the free hug signs.... PRICELESS!!! :D
kamzo91

Re: SATURDAY 24th expo was the best!!!!!

Postby Timcanpy55 on Sun Oct 25, 2009 11:10 am

It was my first expo and I have to say it was good but could have been better.
Hope to know more people in future and have more confidence xD
Timcanpy55

Postby fks-102 on Sun Oct 25, 2009 11:34 am

It was my first expo too.
When me and my mate were in there I thought we wouldn't have enough time to see everything. But being in the hall since about 10 and trying to kill time for the masquerade. We found theres more then enough time to do absolutely everything!
We'ire definately going again in may and for both days next time in cosplay.
fks-102

Postby Verbaluk on Sun Oct 25, 2009 11:42 am

It was great only thing i was so tired as i had travaled from 4 am so next time i think i will stay in london and travel on the friday evening
Verbaluk

Postby NekoShuffleJump! on Sun Oct 25, 2009 12:19 pm

It LITERALLY was the best! ^^ I'm gonna copy and paste what I said in another thread because it basically sums up how I felt about everything:

---
I had an AMAZING time. I went on my own but I still managed to talk to people and it was just beyond excellent. MCM just gets better and better each year! There were so many awesome cosplays it was incredible and I think I hugged more people today than I have in my entire life, including other expos! So much happiness it was awesome!

Big thanks to Adziu for his help on the route, without it I may not have made it there at all! I also thought I saw you on the DLR, until I realised you'd probably be in cosplay not to mention I thought I saw you a few times throughout the expo each time wearing something different. So it's either clones or I'm terrible with faces. Probably the latter!

Thank you to the girl with the Kiba facepaint and her friend who kindly let me friendily stalk to the expo so that I didn't get lost!

Thank you to the TF2 Cosplayers who let me tag along on the way back to Victoria! Yes it was long, yes we took the 'scenic route' but it was an adventure XD I couldn't have gotten home without you!

The two Left 4 Dead zombies were awesome and were excellent at their role! They totally stayed in character all the time which must have taken so much talent. When the male zombie stared down my camera lens, aside from being totally freaked out I could see by the look in his eyes that he WAS the zombie at that moment, so much skill! The female zombie chased me when I said "HIIII~!!!!" right up close to her and then ran away, those zombies can really move XD

Tarzan was both awesome yet somehow disturbing at the same time with his loincloth and loincloth only =P

Topless snake was amazing too, your voice cracked me up everytime I heard it! XDD

I hugged Hello Kitty, high-fived Winnie the Pooh and Tigger, and the two guys who did The Matrix cos-- Lookalike were just stunning, never seen such amazing resemblence before.

I almost had a yaoi moment with a stranger seeing as we kept running into each other again and again. Don't worry, I was the Uke =P

Thanks so so so so so sooo much to everyone who let me take a picture, I'm really gutted that loads came out bad and blurred because I didn't stay still for long. HUGE thanks to everyone who let me hug them and hugged me back. I always try to hug anyone with a 'Free Hugs' sign but sometimes if it's in an awkward position where we can't really move then I can't do it, this year I managed to hug loads of people!

Thanks everyone who went, you really DID make MCM absolutely intense, even though I went alone you all kept me company in various ways shapes and forms ^^ I saw some other people that seemed a bit lonely too, reach out to people! We'll reach back! ^__^

Of course, HUGE thanks to the MCM staff who's hard work and organisation made this all possible! We love you!

Argh! I don't know how to cut this off but I'm just going to be babbling on and on about how great it was and various stuff I remember if I don't stop soon! I'll probably remember a bunch of stuff as I make other posts XD
---

I can't wait for May! Most certainly going and most certainly cosplaying!
HELP XD
NekoShuffleJump!

Postby stupidcat on Sun Oct 25, 2009 12:58 pm

I actaully found it very busy this year and very disorganised the staff at the que didnt have clue where people should que If that had early entry tickets and ended up waiting in que for 1/2 an hour which was in the end unneeded.
secondly i was in animegao costume making the whole day harder to do as comunication is hard (previous years normal cosplay). I even though general responses to my costume was really good. Some people where very rude, I got called freak and shemale few times which was unfair unnecessory. Remember i can't answer back to comments. I know some people don't like animegao but did I deserve that. I even had some one on Msn that hadn't i tlk to in about year come ask what the hell i was after the con. well what think I am is just different type of cosplayer (duh). I'm still planning on coming next year with a large group of animegao kigurumi cosplayers, I hope they don't find the experience as I did intimedating in certain moments. I don't understand what people hold against animegao cosplayers maybe its the sterotypes of us?
Other wise I had fun and thought the cosplay was really good this year. I was really amazed by some cosplays and events where really good to.
stupidcat

Postby thecomedian on Sun Oct 25, 2009 1:08 pm

I had an amazing time! My feet were killing me after being stood up for the best part of 7 hours though. Just a shame I couldn't stay for the whole weekend. I did see Adziu and Shurikenfire and Shay-Chan but I fail because I didn't say hello to any of them D:

The only person who realised who I was meant to be was Jamie McKelvie (one of the guys in the comic village), who I'm a big fan of. He took a picture of me and then said he was going to send it to Bryan Lee O'Malley, who writes the Scott Pilgrim comics that Ramona is in. :o That put me on a bit of a high for the rest of the day though.

I really do need to stop being such a loner at these things though, I spent far too much time by myself.

Still really annoyed with myself for not getting a photo of the Deadpool cosplayer though. D:
thecomedian

Postby TrainXIII on Sun Oct 25, 2009 2:45 pm

My day was unbelievable. Went to the Expo and bought a couple of things, played a lot of Lego Rock Band, almost bought a mountain of Hentai and did some Para-Para dance thing (very badly). After the Para-Para thing, One of the MCM guys came on stage and says he has "two free Green Day tickets...RIGHT HERE!" I ran on stage and grabbed them off him. The thing was; the show starts in under an hour! So me and a mate hauled ourselves to the O2 Arena (first time there btw).

We had pretty comfy seats but wanted to go down on stage where the action is, so we tried to go downstaors but a security guy told us we need standing room passes so we went to the customer service desk where this guy told us we don't have standing room tickets but we're in luck because he had two spare and we can have them. I was just amazed at my luck today.

The show itself was just...WOW. Only my second ever rock gig (first one was some small one in club). I'm not the biggest Green Day fan but I went nuts when they played the songs I recognized. Went to sleep at 6am as an live UFC show was on. Awesome, awesome day. Thanks to the guy who gave us the tickets. if you're reading this; they definitely didn't go to waste.
Last edited by TrainXIII on Sun Oct 25, 2009 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TrainXIII

Postby TrainXIII on Sun Oct 25, 2009 3:38 pm

Oh, hi Ratchet >_>

Didn't know you posted here.
TrainXIII

Postby Stephieanna on Sun Oct 25, 2009 4:10 pm

yeah it was the best =D its the first time ive ever been abandoned by everyone (i had no money...long story xD) cause they went inside <3 i love em anyway xD thanks to the many people who adopted me for a while~<3
Stephieanna

Postby Wildeth on Sun Oct 25, 2009 4:29 pm

It was probably one of my favourite Expos so far <3
May 2010

Sat Akira Kogami (Lucky Star)
Sun Finnian (Kuroshitsuji)
Wildeth

Postby Emochris on Sun Oct 25, 2009 5:38 pm

The weekend has been so amazing,i've bought some great things at the expo as well, really enjoyed seeing some of my friends in both days - but i wish i saw the people i wanted to really see :(

I really hope everyone had a amazing/awesome time this weekend and bought some great things and met some great people as well, bring on may next year!!!!!
Manchester Comic-con '13
Emochris

Postby Saikouze on Sun Oct 25, 2009 7:22 pm

My first ever expo, went alone, loved it. I arrived at 2pm and had to only queue for 45 mins, which was far from boring what with all the cosplaying, (especially with that baby in the pikachu suit somewhere in line!!).

I don't want to criticse because I really enjoyed myself, being a closet otaku and all. The only thing was the amount of Naruto merchandise. I guess most of the fans were Naruto fans so no big deal, but there was a huge lack of some really good slice of life anime mercandise, like Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei or a bit more Lucky Star.
Oh and umm...I bought a doujin, the guy assured me it wasn't yaoi...but it was yaoi...LITTLE BOY yaoi...
Saikouze

Postby Timcanpy55 on Sun Oct 25, 2009 7:24 pm

Although I can't really talk cuz I bought 2 Naruto things (akatsuki bag and coat) I also think there was too much Naruto =/
Timcanpy55

Postby TrainXIII on Sun Oct 25, 2009 7:46 pm

Saikouze wrote:I don't want to criticse because I really enjoyed myself, being a closet otaku and all. The only thing was the amount of Naruto merchandise. I guess most of the fans were Naruto fans so no big deal, but there was a huge lack of some really good slice of life anime mercandise, like Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei or a bit more Lucky Star.
Oh and umm...I bought a doujin, the guy assured me it wasn't yaoi...but it was yaoi...LITTLE BOY yaoi...

Yeah it was all Naruto & Death Note. Those animes are like so two years ago! No Zetsubou Sensei, K-On, Toradora or anything recent.

Oh and that guy who nearly sold us a ton of hentai was incredibly casual about it all. I've seen some of those Doujins. It's nothing to be casual about!
TrainXIII

Postby JellyTheGreen on Sun Oct 25, 2009 8:28 pm

TrainXIII wrote:
Saikouze wrote:I don't want to criticse because I really enjoyed myself, being a closet otaku and all. The only thing was the amount of Naruto merchandise. I guess most of the fans were Naruto fans so no big deal, but there was a huge lack of some really good slice of life anime mercandise, like Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei or a bit more Lucky Star.

Yeah it was all Naruto & Death Note. Those animes are like so two years ago! No Zetsubou Sensei, K-On, Toradora or anything recent.

Oh and that guy who nearly sold us a ton of hentai was incredibly casual about it all. I've seen some of those Doujins. It's nothing to be casual about!

You must of missed the Minorin (sp) plush I saw in one of the many plush piles :o There we a bit of Toradora merch I saw, but no "lower-known" Anime merch was sold :c
JellyTheGreen

Postby TrainXIII on Sun Oct 25, 2009 9:13 pm

Dammit! I would've snapped that up. Even at the rip-off prices the merchants sell for.
TrainXIII

Postby Koufuku on Sun Oct 25, 2009 10:07 pm

I had a great day but ended up being late because i had to go to hospital </3, which meant i was going to be late to sign in for the masquerade, but then one of the organisers marched us to the front and let us in. Met loads of great people, so a good day ;')
Koufuku

Postby Shikari3 on Sun Oct 25, 2009 10:51 pm

first time at expo and it was amazing. i didnt know what to expect to be honest, my friends went in may and all they said was that it was very random and very fun =D

it was awesome spotting various characters from favourite games/anime and yelling sayings theyd understand, like "that <something> is a SPY".

getting free hugs was also awesome. one of my favourite signs was the "free heal, warning: may include blood loss", that one of the TF2 medics had.

i will definitely be going next year in may and october =D and actually cosplaying then, not sure what as yet though.
Shikari3

Postby MarcusDkun on Mon Oct 26, 2009 12:12 am

OMG The whole expo Was Amazing I met sooo Many people and got a load more friends. I loved everyone there I feel your all my family :) (sorry for awkwardness im just really happy) I even had a fight with a gay naruto ! but i ran then saturday i went to the party its got kinda small so i went outside and met everyone there :) And i found some people my own age so i went with them for pizza :) I even got a crush though it lol XD
sat -Ace - One Piece
Sun-Anbu sasuke -Naruto
Nights - Custom tsuna :P
MarcusDkun

Postby Saikouze on Mon Oct 26, 2009 12:30 am

Sorry to dampen this cheery mood with gossip but: what was that teenie tiny rawl at the entrance? Some bleach guy yelled out 'naruto sucks' and there was a 10 second and and forth 'RAWL' as they walked on. Or was it vice versa?
Saikouze

Postby Shay-Chan on Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:06 am

thecomedian wrote:I had an amazing time! My feet were killing me after being stood up for the best part of 7 hours though. Just a shame I couldn't stay for the whole weekend. I did see Adziu and Shurikenfire and Shay-Chan but I fail because I didn't say hello to any of them D:

The only person who realised who I was meant to be was Jamie McKelvie (one of the guys in the comic village), who I'm a big fan of. He took a picture of me and then said he was going to send it to Bryan Lee O'Malley, who writes the Scott Pilgrim comics that Ramona is in. :o That put me on a bit of a high for the rest of the day though.

I really do need to stop being such a loner at these things though, I spent far too much time by myself.

Still really annoyed with myself for not getting a photo of the Deadpool cosplayer though. D:

Oh my gosh! D:
You shoulda said Hi! D:
And shame on me for not seeing you. DD:
I need a new signature. -.-
Shay-Chan

Postby Adziu on Mon Oct 26, 2009 3:14 pm

NekoShuffleJump! wrote:Big thanks to Adziu for his help on the route, without it I may not have made it there at all! I also thought I saw you on the DLR, until I realised you'd probably be in cosplay not to mention I thought I saw you a few times throughout the expo each time wearing something different. So it's either clones or I'm terrible with faces. Probably the latter!

Heheh, no problems. You wouldn't have seen me on the DLR as I live here and can just walk down the road to the ExCel. That's why I can give route advice!

I don't know if I have any clones, but I'd like to meet 'em if I do!
Adziu
Board Moderator

Postby Toadsanime on Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:06 pm

I had a great day, though I won't get too in to detail about my time as I always feel I can't do the day any justice by describing it.

It was great meeting more people from the forums again - off the top of my head I saw Rue, Sasuko, Novasry, Raymatt, Nessie, Shay, Pickles, Charm and Eburne. I spent only about £130 this time round and bought some fantastic stuff; on Sunday me and LemGem went up to Cambridge where I spent my remaining £170 on stuff, mainly at Forbidden Planet.
Anyway, yeah, everything was generally amazing. I still feel May's expo was better, but saying that makes me feel as if I'm denoting this October's expo. I'm not. The expo was phonemonal.
Toadsanime

Postby ukotaku on Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:13 pm

I had such a busy day on Saturday and I really enjoyed it >.<

Sunday was my relaxing day xDDD
Saturday: Yumasaki Walker-Durarara!!
Sunday: Orihara Izaya-Durarara!!
ukotaku

Next

Return to GENERAL CHAT & GUEST ANNOUNCEMENTS