The return of the "yaoi guy"

This is where any guests attending the event are announced. Chat about anything to do with the event that does not fit into the other categories. Dont forget to visit the main website at http://www.londonexpo.com

Re: The return of the "yaoi guy"

Postby Granny Gertrude on Mon Oct 26, 2009 3:34 pm

Can I just check which staff members you reported this to at the time?
Joe 'Granny Gertrude' Sutton
Cosplay @ Expo
www.facebook.com/grannygertrude
Granny Gertrude
Board Moderator

Postby Koufuku on Mon Oct 26, 2009 3:38 pm

Ahh, the yaoi guy. My friends were looking at the yaoi and seeing as i didn't have any money i didn't want to get in anybodies way so i stood to one side. He then went up to me and started singing a song that was the hokey cokey but with sexual terms in it. Now normally i wouldn't mind and i'd probably just laugh, but seeing as i was really tired, and it was boiling in the dealers room, i pretty much just dragged my friends away while they were still looking ;'(. I also saw some really young children looking too, and he was describing stuff to them too, which is disgusting imo >.>
Koufuku

Postby Granny Gertrude on Mon Oct 26, 2009 3:44 pm

Gotcha. Its a lot easier for us to check what they are stocking, displaying, and how they are behaving there and then rather than relying on reports afterwards- the dealer in question in this case can just deny what has been said, if we can even work out exactly which one it was -_-;

I know expo staff did take one dealer to task over shouting (but not this one) but of course there's always too much for the few staff to do to spot everything. As a family event what you're describing does not sound ideal- come and find a staff member, or report to the dealer liaison, or hey you know me I'll come with you if I have a moment.

There was a report of bootleg merchandise as well afterwards which dealers are forbidden from selling... but when it is afterwards its hard to prove or deal with. I'm pretty sure no one would have wanted fewer staff on the queues to inspect stalls either as nice as it would be ^_^
Joe 'Granny Gertrude' Sutton
Cosplay @ Expo
www.facebook.com/grannygertrude
Granny Gertrude
Board Moderator

Postby Wildeth on Mon Oct 26, 2009 3:53 pm

oh my word, i know right. the scrolls were really inappropriate and he was so annoying. :|
May 2010

Sat Akira Kogami (Lucky Star)
Sun Finnian (Kuroshitsuji)
Wildeth

Postby Shay-Chan on Mon Oct 26, 2009 3:57 pm

I remember walking by and thinking that he looked really seedy, esp with what he was saying to the younger kids. The scrolls and the things written on them were really inappropriate too.
I need a new signature. -.-
Shay-Chan

Postby JellyTheGreen on Mon Oct 26, 2009 4:06 pm

My friends walked by this and being the observant person I am, I take a look and soon notice the nature of the store. This "Yaoi guy" as his name now seems to be, leaned over me and asked if I wanted to check out the body pillows he had. Now, I'm only 16 years old, to which I know what would be/is on those Pillows, so I said no and continued on my way out.

This time I know if I see said person again, I'll report him.
JellyTheGreen

Postby alicedragon on Mon Oct 26, 2009 4:30 pm

Yeah, he annoyed me quite a bit.

Unfortunatly, the doujin game stall was next to it or near it and some of my friends are yaoi fans so we ended up spending quite a while around there.
alicedragon

Postby Saikouze on Mon Oct 26, 2009 4:35 pm

Not the same dealer, but one dealer sold me one of them 'special' doujin saying it WASNT yaoi, but it turned out to be LITTLE BOY yaoi! Take him to task as well! I also found him to be very rude during the purchase.

Note I'm not refering to the one you guys are mentioning.
Saikouze

Postby MarcusDkun on Mon Oct 26, 2009 4:37 pm

OMG i stood right next to him as he was SHOUTING COME AN GETT SOME YAOI then some cosplayer told him to be quiet then he started saying stuff he was really annoying
sat -Ace - One Piece
Sun-Anbu sasuke -Naruto
Nights - Custom tsuna :P
MarcusDkun

Postby BisonisnotVega on Mon Oct 26, 2009 4:45 pm

Sounds like what hes doing is very illegal.
sounds more like something for authoritys...
You're the man, Will. You're the man. I'm just the man behind the man.
BisonisnotVega

Postby Lady Bahamut on Mon Oct 26, 2009 4:54 pm

I was nearby at the time when he started shouting... "Yaoi come get some Yaoi! Flaming hot man love!"

Which really isn't appropiate =/
Oct
Syaoran - CardcaptorSakura
Lady Bahamut

Postby MarcusDkun on Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:38 pm

you should ban him from shouting yaoi maybe not his store because you would have to ban every other thing like the hentai an other yaoi stores but it should be good to get rid of it anyway
sat -Ace - One Piece
Sun-Anbu sasuke -Naruto
Nights - Custom tsuna :P
MarcusDkun

Postby gebes on Mon Oct 26, 2009 6:11 pm

in an ideal world , it's fine to be able to say report it on the day to someone, but it's also a bit of a cop out excuse. People can read a map layout, so for those concerned, why not look at the map layout , or scan it in, and use MS paint to circle where this dealer was based ?
gebes

Postby Lenrir59 on Mon Oct 26, 2009 6:27 pm

Ice climber wrote:I have to complain about this stall again. He's come back and hasn't learned much. For those who don't know this stall was right next to the exit of the hall (803 or 901 on the map in the guide I think. There wasn't a name in the guide).

• Firstly there is the shouting. I understand the need to get people to come over but screaming 'Yaoi' every 5 seconds is annoying as hell. Also I think it is a bit of a problem so people with hearing problems. I actually took him to task over this and he really couldn't care less.
  • Next is the the way he sets out his stock. It is just there for anyone to see. No thought of who might actually be looking at it. It seemed to me that he really would sell to anyone. There was some other quite sexualised stuff that had girls showing full breast (and I do mean nipples).
  • That brings me on to the next point, his posters/scrolls in the background. These were some quite explicit yuri scenes with the breasts and lower regions of the girls covered up with bad jokes on A4 paper. These posters/scrolls were pretty big, you couldn't miss them.

As I always understood it Expo is a family event, and what this guy is doing completely goes against that. He really should not come back.

There was 3 seperate stalls:

1) Yaoi guy selling...well..Yaoi.
2) Left of him was the Touhou Doujins/Game/music section with the scrolls guy. The scrolls ranged from Dankimura to shower covers as well as bedsheets.
3) Then left of him was the H doujins guy.

The yaoi guy is understandable, screaming, swearing and what not. The other two were innocent of it even though the scrolls were...tasteful (I will admit I actually bought some of them!)

In fact I spoke to one of them and they hoped the yaoi guy would be quiet since they wanted to be discreet since..well..they were selling 18+ stuff.

Honest to god the yaoi guys needs to STFU. I don't need to keep on hearing 'GET YOUR YAOI HERE' while trying to purchase my touhou goods >.>.
Lenrir59

Postby Kawatan on Mon Oct 26, 2009 6:27 pm

Ice climber wrote:
  • Firstly there is the shouting. I understand the need to get people to come over but screaming 'Yaoi' every 5 seconds is annoying as hell. Also I think it is a bit of a problem so people with hearing problems. I actually took him to task over this and he really couldn't care less.

Agreed, he was quite annoying and the shouting was quite... Ugh.
Ice climber wrote:
  • Next is the the way he sets out his stock. It is just there for anyone to see. No thought of who might actually be looking at it. It seemed to me that he really would sell to anyone. There was some other quite sexualised stuff that had girls showing full breast (and I do mean nipples).

• Never looked at his stock so I can't really comment on that.
    Ice climber wrote:
  • That brings me on to the next point, his posters/scrolls in the background. These were some quite explicit yuri scenes with the breasts and lower regions of the girls covered up with bad jokes on A4 paper. These posters/scrolls were pretty big, you couldn't miss them.

• The daimakura covers? At least he covered the parts, and they wern't bad, some of them were quite good :V
    Kawatan

Postby Lenrir59 on Mon Oct 26, 2009 6:29 pm

Most people didn't get the jokes on it because you needed to know the correct games/animes to get the joke. Like 'Taskette Eirin' for example. Dankimura covers = awesome, don't remove D:
    Last edited by Lenrir59 on Mon Oct 26, 2009 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Lenrir59

Postby Kawatan on Mon Oct 26, 2009 6:31 pm

Lenrir59 wrote:Kawatan would know. He saw them as i put em up at home :V.

What? I meant the writing on the pieces of A4 paper.
    Kawatan

Postby Kawatan on Mon Oct 26, 2009 6:35 pm

Ice climber wrote:Ah I see. So there were separate stalls. However, I really do not like the way those other stalls operated and those hangings were very inappropriate. The fact they were covered wasn't the point. They really shouldn't have been there at all. My second point really applies to them all though.

Well he did have a folder with pictures of them in there, but if they wern't hung up people probably wouldn't of known he was selling them.
    Kawatan

Postby Lenrir59 on Mon Oct 26, 2009 6:37 pm

Ice climber wrote:Ah I see. So there were separate stalls. However, I really do not like the way those other stalls operated and those hangings were very inappropriate. The fact they were covered wasn't the point. They really shouldn't have been there at all. My second point really applies to them all though.

The H doujins sold by the stall left of the doujin games was kept in a sealed cover and you can only read after purchase, so the risk of people reading it was nil, plus obviously the covers might be slightly tasteful but its expected, art is art.

Please elaborate on what you mean by shouldn't have been there at all. You mean as in hanging or should never of been in stock?
    Lenrir59

Postby Lenrir59 on Mon Oct 26, 2009 6:44 pm

Ice climber wrote:
    Lenrir59 wrote:

The H doujins sold by the stall left of the doujin games was kept in a sealed cover and you can only read after purchase, so the risk of people reading it was nil, plus obviously the covers might be slightly tasteful but its expected, art is art.

Please elaborate on what you mean by shouldn't have been there at all. You mean as in hanging or should never of been in stock?

Hanging really. I have to say I don't like the idea of that stuff being sold. Saying that, also as they are not selling these things to the wrong people.

I already got a dankimura cover imported and a bedcover bought during Comiket76. I like the fact they are selling this kind of stuff here which, obviously, is hard to get anywhere else...unless of course you go to Japan :V.

Edit: going slightly off-topic now, main concern here is the Yaoi guy and his shouting :V
    Lenrir59

Postby Robbi-985 on Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:09 pm

I absolutely agree with Lenir here. The last thing you want while looking at Touhou merchandise (the Touhou cast being almost entirely female) is someone screaming "GIT YER RED-HOT YAAAAWEEEE!" in your right ear. Honestly, there couldn't have been a more inappropriate place for that guy.
    Robbi-985

Postby Miokanii on Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:13 pm

If you get rid of the touhou stall I will kill ;;
    though ban the yaoi guy, he's annoying :V
    Miokanii

Postby Saikouze on Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:19 pm

Ice climber wrote:
    Lenrir59 wrote:

Hanging really. I have to say I don't like the idea of that stuff being sold. Saying that, as longo as they are not selling these things to the wrong people there isn't a real problem.

I find this kind of argument to be very annoying, and sorry Iceclimber but you're sounding like one of those stereotypical 'soccormoms'. Basically, you're saying its okay to display weapons in the air for everyone to see and purchase but its not okay to show 'censored' art of pillow cases. Sorry not bashing you, I'm just putting thins into perspective.

I would also like to vouch that the H-Seller guy was indeed very polite and friendly.
    Last edited by Saikouze on Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Saikouze

Postby Leonie Heartilly on Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:22 pm

I didn't report as didn't actually hear anything that day, I thought he had been told to shut up after the complaints from last Expo. I recognised the very bright banner behind the stall and actually said to my partner "Oh God it's the annoying Yaoi guy who shouts obscene things for everyone and their children to hear, thankfully he seems to have shut up this time" and so we quickly passed onto the next stall without even looking.

I saw other hentai/ yaoi sellers over the weekend but their stock was in boxes hidden from view unless you went and flicked through them and clearly signed "Adults only". This is how all stalls of that nature should run, at the end of the day people still come over and look, no need to shove it in their faces. If they're after it, they'll find it.
    Leonie Heartilly

Postby Leonie Heartilly on Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:25 pm

Saikouze wrote:I find this kind of argument to be very annoying, and sorry Iceclimber but you're sounding like one of those stereotypical 'soccormoms'. Basically, you're saying its okay to display weapons in the air for everyone to see and purchase but its not okay to show 'censored' art of pillow cases.

I brought a hunting knife at the weekend and was asked for ID. The stall clearly stated you had to be 18 or 21 (forgot which age) and all the weapon/ sword stalls I saw at the weekend had signs saying you had to be a specific age to purchase also. They're doing it right.
    Leonie Heartilly

Next

Return to GENERAL CHAT & GUEST ANNOUNCEMENTS