Expo Whoopsies D=

This is where any guests attending the event are announced. Chat about anything to do with the event that does not fit into the other categories. Dont forget to visit the main website at http://www.londonexpo.com

Re: Expo Whoopsies D=

Postby Sasuko on Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:20 am

Squarah-Chan wrote:Yeah we just asked a staff member who was walking past so didnt worry for too long, but then kept checking that i still had all of the parts :D. I always fiddle, I also managed to bend my underground ticket so it wouldnt go through the machine too. I really should keep tickets in my bag away from my hands XD

Omg I think I saw you then on the sunday XD

well...I saw someone infront of me go up to a dude, as the cue was finally making it's way into the expo hall, asking about her ripped ticket XD

@Shay-chan: oooh! I think you gave me a goody bag! :O
The ninja Atsu
Sasuko

Postby Xeiya on Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:48 am

I lost a t-shirt I bought on Saturday, I was so knackered by the end of that day when I bought it that I don't remember even picking it up at all and when I went back to the guy I got it from on the Sunday he said he definitely gave it to me so I must've dropped it somewhere. :( The t-shirt was supposed to be a present for my brother so I had to buy him a new one and when I got home and gave it to him he decided it was too big - even though I thought it looked fine.

I also managed to drop some change on the floor and not close my purse properly so that all the change I had ended-up at the bottom of my bag.

Loads of things I bought I found cheaper on other stalls - some things were quite significantly cheaper.

I went down a busy isle, got bumped into, rebounded and bumped into someone wearing a blue fox costume quite hard - I apologised but still felt really bad about it.

I bought too much and had to buy two of those big expensive sturdy shopping-bag things to take it all back in and had to carry them back on the underground, train and bus home and when I was waiting for the bus I had half-an-hour to wait with a really religious man going on and on.

Could've been worse though, at least the t-shirt I lost wasn't that expensive and I bought some great things, used the underground for the first time without getting lost and met Craig Charles.
Xeiya

Postby Shay-Chan on Tue Oct 27, 2009 11:11 am

Sasuko wrote:
Squarah-Chan wrote:Yeah we just asked a staff member who was walking past so didnt worry for too long, but then kept checking that i still had all of the parts :D. I always fiddle, I also managed to bend my underground ticket so it wouldnt go through the machine too. I really should keep tickets in my bag away from my hands XD

Omg I think I saw you then on the sunday XD

well...I saw someone infront of me go up to a dude, as the cue was finally making it's way into the expo hall, asking about her ripped ticket XD

@Shay-chan: oooh! I think you gave me a goody bag! :O

I think I did actually!
I need a new signature. -.-
Shay-Chan

Postby Koufuku on Tue Oct 27, 2009 11:36 am

I had to go to the hospital >.>
Koufuku

Postby Toadsanime on Tue Oct 27, 2009 11:43 am

Koufuku wrote:I had to go to the hospital >.>

Ouch, how come? D:
Toadsanime

Postby Koufuku on Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:23 pm

Toadsanime wrote:

Ouch, how come? D:

My eye contact had melted onto my eye and i couldn't get it off ;'(
Koufuku

Postby Toadsanime on Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:27 pm

Koufuku wrote:
Toadsanime wrote:

Ouch, how come? D:

My eye contact had melted onto my eye and i couldn't get it off ;'(

OWWWW, man, ouch. Hope you're okay now though. D:

I think I have a genuine fear of wearing contacts, even thinking about people wearing them makes my eyes water.
Toadsanime

Postby Koufuku on Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:35 pm

Toadsanime wrote:OWWWW, man, ouch. Hope you're okay now though. D:

I think I have a genuine fear of wearing contacts, even thinking about people wearing them makes my eyes water.

Yeah im fine now :) I think it was just the fact i'd been wearing them for ages and they'd only been in contact solution for a couple of hours, so they were stiff. Scariest thing ever is walking into Newham A+E in cosplay and wig ;'(
Koufuku

Postby Toadsanime on Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:37 pm

Koufuku wrote:
Toadsanime wrote:OWWWW, man, ouch. Hope you're okay now though. D:

Yeah im fine now :) I think it was just the fact i'd been wearing them for ages and they'd only been in contact solution for a couple of hours, so they were stiff. Scariest thing ever is walking into Newham A+E in cosplay and wig ;'(

Oh, lol, I bet that was a story. :lol:
Toadsanime

Postby Eth Nargy on Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:38 pm

This is a good one, I was checking all my stuff was squared away. All my stuff was packed right. So I checked my pockets got my moblie out, checked the credit, then set it down on one of my radiators. I then got my wallet out checked I had cash, bank cards etc.

That done, I picked up all my . leaving the moblie sitting on the bloody radiator. Didnt realize till I was halfway to London. :oops:

This other one is more ''shit-happens'' rather than ''whoopsie'' category but my coach was delayed by about two hours due to a crash on the M1. So I arrived at Victoria Coach Station after 10pm when I should’ve been there at 8pm.
Last edited by Eth Nargy on Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Eth Nargy

Postby Lloyd_Irving on Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:52 pm

Oh, another whoopsie xD

It wasn't mine though.

This girl, Grace, got really drunk on Friday somehow and then she threw up in the middle of Excel and her sister Ruth (I think), and this other girl who's name eludes me were panicing and I stayed with her and there was a hospital trip and apparently the police were to get involved.

I think that was a whoopsie on her part. I wonder how they all are but never got contact details :/
BRING ON MAY
Lloyd_Irving

Postby Koufuku on Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:56 pm

Toadsanime wrote:Oh, lol, I bet that was a story. :lol:

Yeah :P
Koufuku

Postby Stubbled Grapes on Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:28 pm

Saturday I got there at 8 cause I was meeting someone, but she didn't get there until 9.30 ¬¬
This being my first Expo I didn't really know what to expect, so saturday was a bit bleh (though sunday was much better)
Wish I hadn't have bought tickets, especially not early entry, as I was probably only in the hall max half an hour all together
Picked up a goodie bag on sunday, which was good as it just so happened to have .hack disk 6 in. My brother owns up to 5, so I thought that was good, however I then lost the bag later on in the day, fail
Oh, and I didn't take anywhere near enough pictures

Other than that, great time =]
Stubbled Grapes

Postby Xigalicious on Tue Oct 27, 2009 5:54 pm

Lloyd_Irving wrote:Oh, another whoopsie xD

It wasn't mine though.

This girl, Grace, got really drunk on Friday somehow and then she threw up in the middle of Excel and her sister Ruth (I think), and this other girl who's name eludes me were panicing and I stayed with her and there was a hospital trip and apparently the police were to get involved.

I think that was a whoopsie on her part. I wonder how they all are but never got contact details :/

Hey! Yeah that was my sister ^^" she was so stupid for doing that and is like uber grounded but other than that everyone is fiiiine
Thank you so much for looking after her!! we all love you very much <3
The other girl was called Steph :P (Tepshie on forums)
Xigalicious

Postby Arson on Tue Oct 27, 2009 6:24 pm

Oversleep on Sat and get halfway to the station in the pouring rain.

Tickets.

Back I went. :mrgreen:
Arson

Postby kyothekat on Tue Oct 27, 2009 6:30 pm

this wasnt my best expo...
. the drama.. my god too much to go around.. but everyonen reported it to me and was like "what should i do?"... so i kept out of it
. getting up too early for queue and missing breakfast, but by the time i go back its all over
. asking for a triple room (3 single beds) get the ok on the fone.. turn up and theres no record of what we wanted *thanks for nuffin ibis!*
. bein shuved and pushed around all day saturday ... not a happy day
. making my friends costumes witht he promise that they would wear them, then get shoved with excuses as to why they wernt cosplaying (stupid excuses at that)
. bein called a fat cow... i was not amused, but well... i ignored and went on with my day
. havin panic attack at the thoguht that i had left 2 of my costumes at home as soons as i went to unpack
. not bein able to go to the bleachers meal (the one i arranged) due to both feet bein a complete blister...
. getting home after bein in complete pain on the sunday and goin to doctor to find out i have cellulitis in my recently operated arm (dad had it bad many years back and nearly los t a leg).... also got the flu
. and expo blues.....#
but i still kinda enjoyed it :D
~KpopKimi~
kyothekat

Postby Reicheru on Tue Oct 27, 2009 6:32 pm

Ohh this will be fun~

- Arriving in London at 6am and getting Lost in Victoria train station.
- After finally managing to get the exel center, started walking around and noticed it was blocked off, went another way, got lost and all around just couldn't get the the hotel. Managed to get there at liek 8/9am XDD
- Forgetting my passport to book into the hotel so had to wait about 4/5 hours in the hotel lobby for our Room mate, Alex, to come with his D: (You're still a life-saver bytehway~)
- Having my cosplay arrive in my house in Scotland, while I was sitting in the Lobby of the hotel, it arrived the day I left D:
- Having to convince my mother do bring my cosplay down to England and then on my way to fetch it, ended up being stuck on several late-running, roasting hot underground trains, only to arrive there after her train back to Scotland left.
- On the way back to the expo getting stuck in Victoria underground station cause my ticked wouldn't work, and after finally getting it to work, having to leave to answer a phone call....and being once again unable to get back in.
- Getting beer thrown at me on the way back to the hotel by drunk people because I didn't answer them
- Hurting myself several times with a hot glue gun while trying to finish my sunday cosplay
- Failing to realise that its hard to pick things up with massive cat paws .__.
- Deciding to carry everyones goody-bags back to the hotel and them falling over and dropping them at the top of the stairs outside the expo, with several things falling out and having to attempt to pick them back up, with massive paws, and go back to one of my friends to help me.
- Slipping several times on the DDR machine
- Not realising how much food was and resulting in not eating much.
- Forgetting the hotel key only to realise that both where still in the hotel room XD
- Forgeting to put shoes on while going outside, and ended up having to walk around in socks

...I'm just a disaster waiting to happen .__.
There are probably more but I'm too lazy to type and think, if I remember I'll post them~
Reicheru

Postby Sasuko on Tue Oct 27, 2009 6:44 pm

@KyotheCat: ouchies, sounds likeyou had a worse weekend than most people D=

also what's Cellulitis? O.o;
The ninja Atsu
Sasuko

Postby Reicheru on Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:41 pm

Okay, the worst thing just happened while unpacking.
I just realised that I lost my camera somewhere between Victorial coach station and my house D: Very upsetting and I think I might just die.
I think of someone stole it then I'll just lose hope in the world, maybe someone would have handed it in if they found it? I dunno, I'm just hoping it was on the coach.
Reicheru

Postby AmyAnn on Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:01 pm

Reicheru wrote:Ohh this will be fun~

- Arriving in London at 6am and getting Lost in Victoria train station.
- After finally managing to get the exel center, started walking around and noticed it was blocked off, went another way, got lost and all around just couldn't get the the hotel. Managed to get there at liek 8/9am XDD
- Forgetting my passport to book into the hotel so had to wait about 4/5 hours in the hotel lobby for our Room mate, Alex, to come with his D: (You're still a life-saver bytehway~)
- Having my cosplay arrive in my house in Scotland, while I was sitting in the Lobby of the hotel, it arrived the day I left D:
- Having to convince my mother do bring my cosplay down to England and then on my way to fetch it, ended up being stuck on several late-running, roasting hot underground trains, only to arrive there after her train back to Scotland left.
- On the way back to the expo getting stuck in Victoria underground station cause my ticked wouldn't work, and after finally getting it to work, having to leave to answer a phone call....and being once again unable to get back in.
- Getting beer thrown at me on the way back to the hotel by drunk people because I didn't answer them
- Hurting myself several times with a hot glue gun while trying to finish my sunday cosplay
- Failing to realise that its hard to pick things up with massive cat paws .__.
- Deciding to carry everyones goody-bags back to the hotel and them falling over and dropping them at the top of the stairs outside the expo, with several things falling out and having to attempt to pick them back up, with massive paws, and go back to one of my friends to help me.
- Slipping several times on the DDR machine
- Not realising how much food was and resulting in not eating much.
- Forgetting the hotel key only to realise that both where still in the hotel room XD
- Forgeting to put shoes on while going outside, and ended up having to walk around in socks

...I'm just a disaster waiting to happen .__.
There are probably more but I'm too lazy to type and think, if I remember I'll post them~

Don't forget that we had to book out by mid-day and after we did we still had over 10hours until our coach home so we just sat in the lobby completely bored all day xD
It was an eventful weekend.

Shay-chan wrote:- Not saying Hi to the people I recognised due to pure shyness or I oculdnt find youuu~ D:

Omg, I kept seeing you but I didn't wanna say anything incase it wasn't you XDDDD I just kept looking at you, you must have thought I was a creep.
Last edited by AmyAnn on Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AmyAnn

Postby ukotaku on Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:01 pm

Getting a HUGE Black stain on my Japan cosplay which is 95% White Material -_-
Saturday: Yumasaki Walker-Durarara!!
Sunday: Orihara Izaya-Durarara!!
ukotaku

Postby Shadowhunter72 on Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:20 pm

Here are some i can remember:
-Getting on the wrong DLR from canning town because two different routes were on the same line
-bumped into someone in the expo, apologies for that, trying to keep up with my dad ^^;;;
-getting my fursuit ripped in several places [especially on my lower back after crouching down to try to pose >.<;;;
-nearly hitting people with the suitcase trying to keep up with my dad
-putting the rail card on the top instead of through the slot at the barriers, again, rushing to not annoy my dad ><;;;
Shadowhunter72

Postby Sasuko on Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:23 pm

Shadowhunter72 wrote:Here are some i can remember:
-Getting on the wrong DLR from canning town because two different routes were on the same line
-bumped into someone in the expo, apologies for that, trying to keep up with my dad ^^;;;
-getting my fursuit ripped in several places [especially on my lower back after crouching down to try to pose >.<;;;
-nearly hitting people with the suitcase trying to keep up with my dad
-putting the rail card on the top instead of through the slot at the barriers, again, rushing to not annoy my dad ><;;;

oh! were you being a kinda Tails furry but a different colour to Tails? if so I saw you! ^^
The ninja Atsu
Sasuko

Postby Shadowhunter72 on Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:27 pm

^Mhm, my own character, based on Tails x3
Shadowhunter72

Postby Sasuko on Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:41 pm

@Shadowhunter72: coolies ^^
The ninja Atsu
Sasuko

PreviousNext