Did you meet any people that had upset you in any way?

This is where any guests attending the event are announced. Chat about anything to do with the event that does not fit into the other categories. Dont forget to visit the main website at http://www.londonexpo.com

Re: Did you meet any people that had upset you in any way?

Postby Ritsuka on Sun Nov 01, 2009 11:32 pm

ive never had bad comments or people acting bad towards me at any expo; (i've been 6 times now) but this expo someone did come up and hug me without saying anything, I was really dumbfounded.
But, my friend did have one problem - he bought a wooden keyblade (for £30, which was most of his money) and it was only a few minutes after he bought it he realised that most of the paint had come off and it was in bad condition. He tried to return it, but the stall owner said there was nothing wrong with it and refused a refund >_>
Ritsuka

Postby wcw4life on Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:27 am

Ritsuka wrote:ive never had bad comments or people acting bad towards me at any expo; (i've been 6 times now) but this expo someone did come up and hug me without saying anything, I was really dumbfounded.
But, my friend did have one problem - he bought a wooden keyblade (for £30, which was most of his money) and it was only a few minutes after he bought it he realised that most of the paint had come off and it was in bad condition. He tried to return it, but the stall owner said there was nothing wrong with it and refused a refund >_>

It sucks to hear that happened. But when it comes to conventions like this, you've really got check the product you're buying before you buy it/leave the stall. I learnt that from a previous expo which ended up having a similar situation. (I say similar because it wasn't a wooden keyblade.) Hopefully it won't happen to your mate again.
Was it in a box so he couldn't see what it looked like before opening it?
Anime Chronicle Podcast
Ep 1 out now @ http://AnimeChronicle.podbean.com
wcw4life

Postby thanty on Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:31 am

there was quite one girl, who i wouldnt mention what she look like or what her name is. Bunch of us were playing games outside expo, just on the grass, which my friend Iain orgainsed , she completely took over the games ,as if she was the one that thought of it, ordered people around , and mostly . my m8 off.
thanty

Postby aoisakura on Mon Nov 02, 2009 3:53 pm

Just a warning to you guys, esp outside, this expo my fiance noticed a man who was wandering around looking very suspicious, not talking to anyone, or joining in or whatever, and looking quite out of place simply wandering around everyone's belonings. We stayed in the same spot for over 3 hours because we had 2 photoshoots, and aparantly he was still there in the evening before we left. He's guessing the man was a theif, and not surprising the way people leave their stuff about. Be careful. (I never notice stuff like this, but then I keep my stuff with me because I've been pickpocketed on busses etc before and I hate having to stop all my cards >_>...)
May'11 MCM-
Trap!Ciel Saturday
Format Gakupo Sunday
aoisakura

Postby Ritsuka on Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:15 pm

wcw4life wrote:It sucks to hear that happened. But when it comes to conventions like this, you've really got check the product you're buying before you buy it/leave the stall. I learnt that from a previous expo which ended up having a similar situation. (I say similar because it wasn't a wooden keyblade.) Hopefully it won't happen to your mate again.
Was it in a box so he couldn't see what it looked like before opening it?

Yeah, it was in a box. But to be fair, the seller did have a notice saying all sales are final, so it is my friend's own fault really.
Ritsuka

Postby Saikouze on Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:31 pm

aoisakura wrote:Just a warning to you guys, esp outside, this expo my fiance noticed a man who was wandering around looking very suspicious, not talking to anyone, or joining in or whatever, and looking quite out of place simply wandering around everyone's belonings. We stayed in the same spot for over 3 hours because we had 2 photoshoots, and aparantly he was still there in the evening before we left. He's guessing the man was a theif, and not surprising the way people leave their stuff about. Be careful. (I never notice stuff like this, but then I keep my stuff with me because I've been pickpocketed on busses etc before and I hate having to stop all my cards >_>...)

Sorry, I'm only going off topic for a sec but I just wanted to ask. What did you and your fiancee come in as? OMG thats so adorable!!!

In anycase, the checking product thing is true, especially with how expensive some of the things are. I got a four pound keychain which was quite scratched but it was the only one so I thought it was selling quickly, later they had plenty more. Sometimes guys, instead of buying something on the spot, its good to browse and if you see something you like, keep browsing and if you eel you're still interested in the thing, then go ahead. I mean, hauling a sword around is bad****, but I had to consider what I would actually do with it, so I continued browsing and figured although it was nice, I honestly would have no use for it.
Saikouze

Postby chiok on Tue Nov 03, 2009 12:50 am

Ritsuka wrote:ive never had bad comments or people acting bad towards me at any expo; (i've been 6 times now) but this expo someone did come up and hug me without saying anything, I was really dumbfounded.

I really dislike the wooden sword sellers, but thats only my personal opinion and such because I prefer quality over cheapness.

I can make a sword of much better quality for only £10 and sell it for £100
chiok

Postby Saikouze on Sat Nov 07, 2009 7:50 pm

Ehryn wrote:I'll be honest - the people who upset most all weekend were the zombie guy and girl. Well, mostly the guy. I was working on a stall so fortunately they didn't come up to me, but I saw them going up to random people and getting right in their face and not letting them walk past. That really upset me and I was quite apprehensive that I'd come across them the one or two times I left the stand because, well, I don't have time to be held up by some tall guy trying to intimidate me.

I'm only a very short person, and I have enough trouble not being frightened by being alone in a room with thousands of people without having to worry about getting accosted by cosplayers ^^; I think they were actors or something, but even still... I stayed behind the stand after that XD

To be honest, if you don't like that sort of thing, then you shouldn't really be going to an Expo, let alone working at one.
Saikouze

Postby UchihaSilver on Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:31 am

Nope, another fantastic expo for me. There was only one thing that annoyed me rather than upset me. Me and my friend were browsing the TokyoToys stand and some Excel person came up and had a right go at one of the staff working on the stall for no reason... Apparently he wasn't seeing to a customer... yet the customer was on the other side of the stall. He got quite nasty and I felt quite sorry for the TokyoToys guy. We made sure to glare at the Excel man as we went past though. :evil: Arsetard. Other than that, not at all. Was another cool expo and I didn't have someone stalking me with a 'Sasuke gave me emo aids' sign this time :D
Semi retired cosplayer x3
UchihaSilver

Postby Toadsanime on Sun Nov 08, 2009 7:21 pm

Ehryn wrote:I'll be honest - the people who upset most all weekend were the zombie guy and girl. Well, mostly the guy. I was working on a stall so fortunately they didn't come up to me, but I saw them going up to random people and getting right in their face and not letting them walk past. That really upset me and I was quite apprehensive that I'd come across them the one or two times I left the stand because, well, I don't have time to be held up by some tall guy trying to intimidate me.

I'm only a very short person, and I have enough trouble not being frightened by being alone in a room with thousands of people without having to worry about getting accosted by cosplayers ^^; I think they were actors or something, but even still... I stayed behind the stand after that XD

They were working there, I gather at the Left 4 Dead stall, so that was their job and they were getting paid to do so.
Toadsanime

Postby Adziu on Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:03 am

Lenrir59 wrote:
BisonisnotVega wrote:
Ningi wrote:Also, the only thing pissing me off were people calling me Michael Jackson. J/K (kind of...), but for the love of God, is there anyone out there that is able to recognize characters that aren't from Naruto/Bleach/DN/FF/KH? :|

No
and there never will be

Pretty much. I also find it funny when people cosplay certain characters and don't know what they are famed for.

I mean how did Ronald Mc donald not know what I was talking about when I shouted at him for stealing Flandre's theme for his McRoll!

Woah woah, late response I know, but I only just read this...but how you can expect someone to know you're referring to the music for ONE of many Nico Douga mixes of the McDonald's adverts (whatever Youtube leads you to believe, the Nico Douga megamix medley version are much more common, and of course 'McRoll' is just the Western spin) when you don't even use the actual name of the song but just the Touhou character associated with it, I just do not know! XD
Adziu
Board Moderator

Postby Rossmonster on Tue Nov 17, 2009 3:32 am

thanty wrote:there was quite one girl, who i wouldnt mention what she look like or what her name is. Bunch of us were playing games outside expo, just on the grass, which my friend Iain orgainsed , she completely took over the games ,as if she was the one that thought of it, ordered people around , and mostly . my m8 off.

Er, that was probably me but not for the reason you think. We (Leaders cosplay whome im a member of) organised the games in May 09, and organised the again for Oct. On the Saturday half way through playing Red Rover our group was bashing into yours so we came over and asked if everyone wanted to join forces into one big group. We did get a bit pissy as we were organising the games waay in advance, viewtopic.php?f=248&t=12204 (july) and things were getting unorganised.

On the second day it happened and we talked to your mate, explained why we were upset and how long we'd been planning it and he said he understood.

Sorry if he got annoyed, but we put a good few months of work into organising it and had a larger group to contend with at first. We're doing the games again and have already posted a thread to make it more organised for next year.
But i can see why it . your mate off, just try and see our side. No hard feelings hopefully and we hope you'll join us bext year, we always need a few more people running it with us.
Rossmonster

Postby Toadsanime on Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:49 pm

Rossmonster wrote:
thanty wrote:there was quite one girl, who i wouldnt mention what she look like or what her name is. Bunch of us were playing games outside expo, just on the grass, which my friend Iain orgainsed , she completely took over the games ,as if she was the one that thought of it, ordered people around , and mostly . my m8 off.

Er, that was probably me but not for the reason you think. We (Leaders cosplay whome im a member of) organised the games in May 09, and organised the again for Oct. On the Saturday half way through playing Red Rover our group was bashing into yours so we came over and asked if everyone wanted to join forces into one big group. We did get a bit pissy as we were organising the games waay in advance, viewtopic.php?f=248&t=12204 (july) and things were getting unorganised.

On the second day it happened and we talked to your mate, explained why we were upset and how long we'd been planning it and he said he understood.

Sorry if he got annoyed, but we put a good few months of work into organising it and had a larger group to contend with at first. We're doing the games again and have already posted a thread to make it more organised for next year.
But i can see why it . your mate off, just try and see our side. No hard feelings hopefully and we hope you'll join us bext year, we always need a few more people running it with us.

People playing games outside of expo does not mean they've taken your idea or ruined your plans. That's just stupid. Plenty of different groups play games outside expo and always have done - you're not the first to do so and have no right to intercept other's games.
Toadsanime

Postby Rossmonster on Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:48 pm

Toadsanime wrote:
Rossmonster wrote:

People playing games outside of expo does not mean they've taken your idea or ruined your plans. That's just stupid. Plenty of different groups play games outside expo and always have done - you're not the first to do so and have no right to intercept other's games.

Ah no i didnt mean it like that, we actually cam over after one of our lines crashed with his and asked if our groups should join togather. He agreed but the big problem was that at that time he still wanted to run the game, we still wanted to run the game and we were both trying to run it without any kindof organisation between us. We've alread agreed to co-run a game in 2010. we're not saying that the games we're rightfully ours, just trying to expain why we got a bit irritated and i imagine thats also why he got irritated. We didnt intercept, we both agree it would be easier than trying to find space for two games when we were already running into each others games.
Rossmonster

Previous

Return to GENERAL CHAT & GUEST ANNOUNCEMENTS