One Piece Group!

Discuss the UK's largest Masquerade event which takes place both days during the London MCM Expo.

Do you Cosplay? Then tell us what you like about the event we organise, what costumes you are wearing or how you feel we can improve Cosplaying at the London MCM Expo

Re: One Piece Group!

Postby diphenhydramine on Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:04 pm

Whitebeard wrote:Hey all!

Thought I'd drop a wee friendly message here to say that if everything goes to plan I should hopefully be there on the Saturday as Whitebeard. It's all a bit last minute for me but I'm determined to get it done so hopefully it should turn out ok ^^ This is my first expo and first time cosplaying so fingers crossed =]

That's pretty awesome, hope to see you! I trust you have a moustache of epic proportions to bring to us?
diphenhydramine

Postby Scorchgid on Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:12 pm

Monkey Dude Luffy wrote:I do still need a wig and would be extremely thankful if I can borrow it,, but I understand if you use it for yourself, it is yours afterall, and a good reminder to me to plan my cosplays better.. For example, I'm still waiting for the hat to arrive and wondering how to make my luffy shirt.. lol!
I'm trying to think of ideas to make my cosplay unique too, but so far not alot of luck =]

Well if you have no hat you can of course borrow it, or if you do then we can do half and half for the day.
Well what i did for luffy was buy a red tank top and then but down the middle, but ask the miss above me about going on from there as she tried to fix the damage i made to it. my jeans are just and old used pair.
Also if i may ask that Luffy - Scorchgid could be added to the front page, many thanks.

Whitebeard, good luck, and welcome to the forum as i see it is your first post, try not get upset when your here I would like the excel center in one piece and not in rubble
One day
Scorchgid

Postby Yamakaze on Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:59 pm

Whitebeard?

Oh lordy, epic.
Telford Expo 2010
Barry the Chopper, Human (FMA)
Yamakaze

Postby Monkey Dude Luffy on Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:44 am

Whitebeard wrote:Hey all!

Thought I'd drop a wee friendly message here to say that if everything goes to plan I should hopefully be there on the Saturday as Whitebeard. It's all a bit last minute for me but I'm determined to get it done so hopefully it should turn out ok ^^ This is my first expo and first time cosplaying so fingers crossed =]

Ooo this is definitely exiting =D good luck, I can't wait to see a whitebeard! :D (rofl, you should wear a santa hat with it :lol:)

Scorchgid wrote:Well if you have no hat you can of course borrow it, or if you do then we can do half and half for the day.
Well what i did for luffy was buy a red tank top and then but down the middle, but ask the miss above me about going on from there as she tried to fix the damage i made to it. my jeans are just and old used pair.

My hat just came in the post wooo! Annoyingly the rim is pretty bent around because it had to be folded into the envelope to be posted here from china, but I stacked about 33 cans of baked beans and custard on it, hopefully if I leave that for a while, it'll flatten ^^;
It's also a little small.. >_< I dont have a wig but when I have the hat on it's less noticable that my hair is short ang going back to brown around the edges lol so I'm gonan work on stretching it to hide my hair if and when I cant be borrowing a wig =]
I have a possible replacement shirt, but it's an actual shirt, but black and red with dragons on it so it could go well with dad's name of Monkey D. Dragon.
Which just gave me the idea to look for pic of him I might cosplay as daddy instead lol 8)
but for now I'm sticking to Luffy. I will either wear [and modify] the last resort shirt, or this saturday I'll find a good one in town as that's my next chance to find one. Thanks for the tanktop idea, I may well use that [and beg my best friend who is good at sewing to help me :lol:]
Pirate King Image
Monkey Dude Luffy

Postby Scorchgid on Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:10 am

Da, my hat was the same, yeah this is a message to all though who might do Luffy.
If you want your hat in unflatened condition buy from a store likly toykyo toys not online its more pricey but would you pay dobule (£12) for unflattend one? instead of of £6.

Also John Lewis sells good buttons for luffy, the smallish pineish brown wooden ones, but they are quite pricy like 80p per button or something I forget it could be more of less. Though I can't find them on their website, I brought them in store.

If you would like a referance of mine images of it and my terrible stomach can be found here http://www.cosplayisland.co.uk/costume/view/10530
One day
Scorchgid

Postby Monkey Dude Luffy on Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:26 am

Scorchgid wrote:Da, my hat was the same, yeah this is a message to all though who might do Luffy.
If you want your hat in unflatened condition buy from a store likly toykyo toys not online its more pricey but would you pay dobule (£12) for unflattend one? instead of of £6.

Also John Lewis sells good buttons for luffy, the smallish pineish brown wooden ones, but they are quite pricy like 80p per button or something I forget it could be more of less. Though I can't find them on their website, I brought them in store.

If you would like a referance of mine images of it and my terrible stomach can be found here http://www.cosplayisland.co.uk/costume/view/10530

Unfortunately I live nowhere near a cosplay store/ tokyo toys etc so I have to buy everything online, but the shirt looks good I'm gonna try it.

I'll see if I can cut my Jeans today and do the sandals, then I'll upload a pic of my cosplay so far =]
Pirate King Image
Monkey Dude Luffy

Postby Scorchgid on Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:52 am

Monkey Dude Luffy wrote:
Scorchgid wrote:Da, my hat was the same, yeah this is a message to all though who might do Luffy.

Unfortunately I live nowhere near a cosplay store/ tokyo toys etc so I have to buy everything online, but the shirt looks good I'm gonna try it.

I'll see if I can cut my Jeans today and do the sandals, then I'll upload a pic of my cosplay so far =]

If you have a good place for sandals let me know i'm seemed to just be useing my normal ones what are nothing like Luffy's
One day
Scorchgid

Postby Monkey Dude Luffy on Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:27 pm

Scorchgid wrote: If you have a good place for sandals let me know i'm seemed to just be useing my normal ones what are nothing like Luffy's

I can't remember which, but I bought then in a proper shoe/sandal shop back in summer. I cbb to get another pair so I'm just gonna convert these. I'll grab the digicamera and take photos of my progress =]

[I havent asked mum if I can do this so hopefully it works or she'll kill me lol!]
Pirate King Image
Monkey Dude Luffy

Postby AkatsukiOwnYa on Wed Oct 14, 2009 3:21 pm

Monkey Dude Luffy wrote:What whould be quite funny is if you carried around a giant ace of diamonds card, or stuck one in your hat or printed that on the chest pocket area of your vest hehe!
I know he doesn't really have one, but because it's an ace like his name I find it funny and it would be something to add uniqueness to your name =]

-gasps- Yeah! ;D EPIC!
you are so full of ideas :) I might paint one to the back of my shirt, thankies for your help :)

:O whitebeard? Woooooooooo! sounds like this year will be an awesome meet up,
shame about merry ;( but cannon?! I has to see this :D
AkatsukiOwnYa

Postby WiggyDee on Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:55 pm

Monkey Dude Luffy wrote:What whould be quite funny is if you carried around a giant ace of diamonds card

*recent-ish manga Spoilers, highlight to view*
but surely an ace of spades would suit him more since he once had the crew called the "spade pirates"
*Unspoilers*

WHITEBEARD?

WHITEBEEEEEARD?!!

I am sorry, but I will HAVE to have a photo of you with a bananabeard, for personal reasons of hilarity.
WiggyDee

Postby Monkey Dude Luffy on Wed Oct 14, 2009 7:43 pm

WiggyDee wrote:
WHITEBEARD?

WHITEBEEEEEARD?!!

I am sorry, but I will HAVE to have a photo of you with a bananabeard, for personal reasons of hilarity.

I think Whitebeard is going to be the star of the One Piece cosplay group at this rate.. lol!
Pirate King Image
Monkey Dude Luffy

Postby Scorchgid on Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:00 pm

bananabeard, like bananaphone, *burst into song* Ring ring ring ring ring ring ring
Banana phone
wha wa wa wahhh Shake shake shake shake shake shake shake Banana Beard, I've got this feeling, so appealing, for us to get together and sing. Sing!

And it appears i will just have to go random sandal hunting.
Flip flop filip flop... okay i will stop it now >.<
One day
Scorchgid

Postby Whitebeard on Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:20 pm

I think Whitebeard is going to be the star of the One Piece cosplay group at this rate.. lol!

Oh no! I've really got big shoes to fill now O_O I mean they where big before but...

Maybe I should say I have a big beard to fill.. ^^

Ooo this is definitely exiting =D good luck, I can't wait to see a whitebeard! :D (rofl, you should wear a santa hat with it :lol:)

It's funny you should mention that as I actually just recently found my santa hat! It must be a sign, I'll probably bring it along now for fun =]

Whitebeard, good luck, and welcome to the forum as i see it is your first post, try not get upset when your here I would like the excel center in one piece and not in rubble

Thanks for the welcome, and I'll do my best =P

I'm going to do everything I can do to make the beard as perfect as I can get it. I've got quite a few ideas so far, I might try them all and see which one ends up looking best =] It really wouldn't be Whitebeard without that beard. If only my own facial hair could grow to such epic proportions but alas I am cursed =[
Whitebeard

Postby Monkey Dude Luffy on Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:58 am

Scorchgid wrote:bananabeard, like bananaphone, *burst into song* Ring ring ring ring ring ring ring
Banana phone
wha wa wa wahhh Shake shake shake shake shake shake shake Banana Beard, I've got this feeling, so appealing, for us to get together and sing. Sing!

Aggg My ex girlfriend loves the banaphone song,, she used to try to sing it at me all the time or play it on her phone.. >_<

Scorchgid wrote:And it appears i will just have to go random sandal hunting.

I took a photo of the sandals I'm converting yesterday. I dont have a digi camera atm lol, so I actually had to use the webcam built into mums laptop to take the photo. Never photographed my feet using a laptop before.. was mighty strange =D
anyways, heres the pic of my sandals,, **Image**
this might give you an idea of what to look for [pretty much a good base and whatever the top is, it's a good top if you can remove it - mine was supermegaultraepicroflwinfailsuper glued onto the sides, so I just need to work out how to remove the top part with something other then a nuke.]

Whitebeard wrote: Oh no! I've really got big shoes to fill now O_O I mean they where big before but...

Maybe I should say I have a big beard to fill.. ^^

I'm going to do everything I can do to make the beard as perfect as I can get it. I've got quite a few ideas so far, I might try them all and see which one ends up looking best =] It really wouldn't be Whitebeard without that beard. If only my own facial hair could grow to such epic proportions but alas I am cursed =[

A very big beard to fill =D
Hehe, if you wanna get it REALLY big, cut the beard shape from two large pieces of fluffy white matereal, then stick them together back to back and put a long piece of thin wood in each one to make it stable and not floppy, then all you gotta worry about is sticking it to your face =D
or glue tons and tons of cotton fluff bits together and put a thin wood spine in that to keep it strong lol, that'd be super fluffy ^^
Pirate King Image
Monkey Dude Luffy

Postby AkatsukiOwnYa on Thu Oct 15, 2009 3:09 pm

Scorchgid wrote:bananabeard, like bananaphone, *burst into song* Ring ring ring ring ring ring ring
Banana phone

And it appears i will just have to go random sandal hunting.

Ahhh you got me started now,
I've got my hunches . . .
an epic songggg

Monkey Dude Luffy wrote:
I took a photo of the sandals I'm converting yesterday.

Awesome sandals :)
AkatsukiOwnYa

Postby Monkey Dude Luffy on Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:51 pm

AkatsukiOwnYa wrote:
Monkey Dude Luffy wrote:I took a photo of the sandals I'm converting yesterday.

Awesome sandals :)

hehe thanks ^^ might rip em up soon =D

--edit--
[to convert to luffys ones]
Pirate King Image
Monkey Dude Luffy

Postby Yamakaze on Fri Oct 16, 2009 11:43 am

GENTLEMEN!

I have ourselves a photographer from the Saturday group. She can only be with us for ten minutes, so get there at 2pm sharp!
Telford Expo 2010
Barry the Chopper, Human (FMA)
Yamakaze

Postby MrsKurogane on Fri Oct 16, 2009 1:43 pm

HOI! Gentleman AND ladies!! XD

Yays for photographer!
Fri-Erza (Fairy Tail)
Sat-Boa Hancock (Marineford)
Sun-
MrsKurogane

Postby Monkey Dude Luffy on Fri Oct 16, 2009 3:39 pm

woo that's great! I'll be there early haha!
Pirate King Image
Monkey Dude Luffy

Postby AkatsukiOwnYa on Fri Oct 16, 2009 4:03 pm

Yamakaze wrote:GENTLEMEN!

I have ourselves a photographer from the Saturday group. She can only be with us for ten minutes, so get there at 2pm sharp!

awesome! ^.^
I'll drop by
AkatsukiOwnYa

Postby Scorchgid on Fri Oct 16, 2009 5:55 pm

Yamakaze wrote:GENTLEMEN!

and now to business muahwhawhaw
One day
Scorchgid

Postby NavigatorxNami on Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:43 pm

Im switching to Saturday now~ Could you change me on the list please? <3
So is the meetup at 2 on Saturday?
Midlands Chie Satonaka {P4}
NavigatorxNami

Postby Monkey Dude Luffy on Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:35 pm

NavigatorxNami wrote:Im switching to Saturday now~ Could you change me on the list please? <3
So is the meetup at 2 on Saturday?

ahh I thought you were going on saturday already lol! Well very good choice =] I wanna meet everyone there that I meet on here but I can only go on saturday =]
Pirate King Image
Monkey Dude Luffy

Postby WiggyDee on Sat Oct 17, 2009 12:33 pm

So I'm just going to throw this out there.

Does anyone actually know if a Trafalgar Law is going this expo? After Mays madness of having about four of them I assumed one this expo was kinda guarunteed, yet none appear to have shown. A Bepo without a Law is a sad Bepo, as well as ironic after last expo's shenanigans.

*Curses Jamie for not being able to go this expo*
WiggyDee

Postby AkatsukiOwnYa on Sat Oct 17, 2009 4:20 pm

-gasps-
Ahhhhhhh, cosplayisland isnt working, till monday D;
crisis
AkatsukiOwnYa

PreviousNext

Return to COSPLAY & MASQUERADE @ EXPO