One Piece Group!

Discuss the UK's largest Masquerade event which takes place both days during the London MCM Expo.

Do you Cosplay? Then tell us what you like about the event we organise, what costumes you are wearing or how you feel we can improve Cosplaying at the London MCM Expo

Re: One Piece Group!

Postby BIG-Stu on Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:39 am

Hey Guys, sorry for being silent for so long. As I'm almost fully without flu, I'll conferm that I will be Brook for Saturday. I didn't want to commit to anything untill I was shore I was up to it. I'll be with my ex-flatmate who should be bringing his SLR camria so we can get some nice shots if anyones got any in mind. Sounds like a really nice group going, I'm looking forward to seeing everyone.
BIG-Stu

Postby Monkey Dude Luffy on Thu Oct 22, 2009 1:59 pm

BIG-Stu wrote:Hey Guys, sorry for being silent for so long. As I'm almost fully without flu, I'll conferm that I will be Brook for Saturday. I didn't want to commit to anything untill I was shore I was up to it. I'll be with my ex-flatmate who should be bringing his SLR camria so we can get some nice shots if anyones got any in mind. Sounds like a really nice group going, I'm looking forward to seeing everyone.

WOO glad to have you Brook!
I think we might be able to get a few good photos with full Strawhat Nakama at this rate =D
Pirate King Image
Monkey Dude Luffy

Postby AkatsukiOwnYa on Thu Oct 22, 2009 3:00 pm

BIG-Stu wrote:Hey Guys, sorry for being silent for so long. As I'm almost fully without flu, I'll conferm that I will be Brook for Saturday. I didn't want to commit to anything untill I was shore I was up to it. I'll be with my ex-flatmate who should be bringing his SLR camria so we can get some nice shots if anyones got any in mind. Sounds like a really nice group going, I'm looking forward to seeing everyone.

:O BROOK?!?!
this weekend will be a very awesome one indeed ;)
we have so many good cosplays going ,
glad to hear your almost out with flu,
I've only just got rid of it myself D;
AkatsukiOwnYa

Postby MarcusDkun on Thu Oct 22, 2009 4:08 pm

because of the coldness this october i will where the pirate king luffy thing
http://sekai.sloanime.org/wp-content/up ... e_king.jpg
its like that cape but not as long :)
sat -Ace - One Piece
Sun-Anbu sasuke -Naruto
Nights - Custom tsuna :P
MarcusDkun

Postby AkatsukiOwnYa on Thu Oct 22, 2009 5:49 pm

MarcusDkun wrote:because of the coldness this october i will where the pirate king luffy thing
http://sekai.sloanime.org/wp-content/up ... e_king.jpg
its like that cape but not as long :)

very nice ;)
it will keep you warm too

big newssss!, i finnished both my costumes ;D
all i need to do for Ace is finnish the orange arm bands
http://cosplayisland.com/costume/view/10893 Ace
http://cosplayisland.com/costume/view/14665 Luffy
AkatsukiOwnYa

Postby Monkey Dude Luffy on Thu Oct 22, 2009 7:14 pm

Just a little randomness, here's something I did last night =D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUF0mYg08Mg
Pirate King Image
Monkey Dude Luffy

Postby AkatsukiOwnYa on Thu Oct 22, 2009 7:59 pm

Monkey Dude Luffy wrote:Just a little randomness, here's something I did last night =D

that is really, quite scary! LOL
AkatsukiOwnYa

Postby Monkey Dude Luffy on Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:22 pm

AkatsukiOwnYa wrote:
Monkey Dude Luffy wrote:Just a little randomness, here's something I did last night =D

that is really, quite scary! LOL

hehe :D I'm just glad to be rid of that annoying chinhair.. I found it quite fun to do hehe ^^
Pirate King Image
Monkey Dude Luffy

Postby Yamakaze on Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:59 pm

I'm feeling a wee squiffy ut like that'll stop me!

FEHPIPIPIPIPI!

Also, did anyone else cream themselves at the end of the new chapter? :D
Telford Expo 2010
Barry the Chopper, Human (FMA)
Yamakaze

Postby Monkey Dude Luffy on Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:56 pm

Yamakaze wrote:I'm feeling a wee squiffy ut like that'll stop me!

Lucky for me I've been ill on and off alot this past week so I got better just in time for expo =D

Yamakaze wrote:Also, did anyone else cream themselves at the end of the new chapter? :D

I don't actually read the manga =[ how many chapters are there? I think I might donate a few hours of each day in half term to just read one piece manga lol
Pirate King Image
Monkey Dude Luffy

Postby Whitebeard on Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:09 pm

The Whitebeard tache is done! ^^ Almost.. I just need to finish up the back a little. It's pretty damned big >_>

I'm still sort of stumped on the coat, I might just end up having to use a lab coat >>

A Brook! Yay! That news really is the best bit of news I've had all day. Brook is my favourite character =)
Whitebeard

Postby diphenhydramine on Fri Oct 23, 2009 12:13 am

Ok, in the likely event that it's raining, the meet shall take place in the shelter of the bridge leading to the station. It's hard to say where exactly, as it's impossible to know where it will be less crowded, so some wandering around might be in order. Thankfully One Piece costumes are easy to spot so it shouldn't be too hard.

In other news, Nami nearly finished, Log pose done, just need to finish the trousers and trim the bangs on the wig.
diphenhydramine

Postby Yamakaze on Fri Oct 23, 2009 6:08 am

Easy way to find One Piece meet: look for win.

Also, LOTS OF PX1S!
Telford Expo 2010
Barry the Chopper, Human (FMA)
Yamakaze

Postby BIG-Stu on Fri Oct 23, 2009 7:43 am

Yohohoho, when I read the new chapter I was so excited it almost stopped me hart...

Good idea doing a winter version of Luffy and Ace, Brook is only usable in the colder months, dew to major over-heating (hence why I don't do Brook in May)

On the bridge to the railway, sounds good to me. Nice and big.

One Piece cosplayers = Awesomes.
BIG-Stu

Postby Monkey Dude Luffy on Sat Oct 24, 2009 6:14 pm

Hey guys sorry I wasn't there today :( I sent all my friends to say hi and sorry for my absence but I dunno if they got to the right people so I thought I should post here too..

yesterday morning I dropped my metal replica of the zangetsu sword from bleach on my foot and crushed a hole into my big toenail.. was bleeding for 12 hours flat.. At A&E lst night they couldnt stop the bleeding at all and the doctor said it was really weird to be bleeding so badly from such a random place.. horribly painful,, I didnt take any medicine at all for my broken leg back in year 10, and this had me crawling in search of painkillers at 2AM..

I'm supposed to avoid walking as much as possible for the next few days and keep tons of pressure on it so I dont loose too much blood :|

Hopefully next may I can come as Zoro and Luffy :)
Pirate King Image
Monkey Dude Luffy

Postby Iain7 on Sat Oct 24, 2009 9:07 pm

awww major suckage!!!! :( Hope you get better!!!

on a side note, the meet was awesome! Even tho i wasnt a one piece cosplayer, I bought some along. I thought all your cosplays were brilliant!!! :D
Iain7

Postby sahil167 on Sun Oct 25, 2009 7:41 am

Ow that must hurt D8 I saw quite a few OP cosplayers. My friend bet me saying I won't see a Luffy on the Friday night but I found one and took a pic of him 8D I saw like 10 Luffy's O.o One of the Brook cosplays was EPIC!
sahil167

Postby BIG-Stu on Sun Oct 25, 2009 10:17 am

WOw Monkey that's dreadful! hope your back on your feet soon.

I could only make the Saturday, it was wonderful to see everyone. The Bon-Clay deserves an award, it was great hanging out with two other Brooks giving a sideshow of the charictor. Also a really impressive Buggy and almost every vertion of Luffy was there with White-beard a Sanji and 2 Zoro's one of which was female, Peroni looked amazing as did a tiny chopper and a very fateful Foxy, female Ace and Shanks were both very good I'm sorry can't remember anyone els at the moment, and the mask mad it very hard to see.

I everyone enjoy themselves as much as I did, and that I'll see everyone soon.
Last edited by BIG-Stu on Sun Oct 25, 2009 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
BIG-Stu

Postby Monkey Dude Luffy on Sun Oct 25, 2009 10:24 am

:cry: sounds like I missed so much!!!
I DEFIINTELY have to be there next time so I dont miss the awesome cosplays >_<
Pirate King Image
Monkey Dude Luffy

Postby AkatsukiOwnYa on Sun Oct 25, 2009 1:13 pm

BIG-Stu wrote:WOw Monkey that's dreadful! hope your back on your feet soon.

I could only make the Saturday, it was wonderful to see everyone. The Bon-Clay deserves an award, it was great hanging out with two other Brooks giving a sideshow of the charictor. Also a really impressive Buggy and almost every vertion of Luffy was there with White-beard a Sanji and 2 Zoro's one of which was female, Peroni looked amazing as did a tiny chopper and a very fateful Foxy, female Ace and Shanks were both very good I'm sorry can't remember anyone els at the moment, and the mask mad it very hard to see.

I everyone enjoy themselves as much as I did, and that I'll see everyone soon.

thank you so much. I'd just like to say, you looked epic!
photos will be going on deviant art tonight ^.^ so i will be sure to post the links
it was so nice meeting you all, im sorry i wasnt there for most of the photo shoot
but thats wat queing does xD

im not really good with meeting new people, but you were all so nice! ^.^
I would love to see the photos you guys have, will they be on the web some time?

btw bon clay - kudos for you! you were really epic
AkatsukiOwnYa

Postby MrsKurogane on Sun Oct 25, 2009 9:09 pm

Squeeeee the meet was so much fun!!!! Foxy was so scarily accurate that he had me in hysterics, the Bon Clay was fantastic, Shanks was yummy, Chooper was fricking adorable, and Afro Luffy was one fo the bravest people ever, wearing so little in such cold weather! XD My highlight though was when Brook came right up to me and said 'Can I see your panties' LOLOLOLOL I love all you guys!!! When I get photos from the meet up onto Facebook then I shall post a linky!
Fri-Erza (Fairy Tail)
Sat-Boa Hancock (Marineford)
Sun-
MrsKurogane

Postby Blackharu1 on Sun Oct 25, 2009 9:15 pm

I had an epic time for my first Expo! Bought loads of D Gray-man related stuff likes J-mini figures and cells. But what i really wanted was those Vongola Ring! ^^
I took loads of pics for like three hours then my camera decided to die lol. I was only in the queue for like 15mins - i got there pretty early.
All the one piece cosplayers were awesome- shout out to Foxy, Spanda, Brooke(s) lol, Shanks and especially Buggy! ^^
I should be putting all my pics of saturday up soon on faceybook ^^ il link you when there ready!
Blackharu1

Postby MrsKurogane on Sun Oct 25, 2009 9:26 pm

I got Nami, Robin, Sanji, Luffy, Usopp and Franky figures. I love them so much that they are sitting on my desk in front of me now. Hehehehe they make me so happy! XD
Fri-Erza (Fairy Tail)
Sat-Boa Hancock (Marineford)
Sun-
MrsKurogane

Postby Blackharu1 on Sun Oct 25, 2009 9:54 pm

I really did want the POP figures but i sort of said no and went with my fav anime figures lol next time il get those!
Blackharu1

Postby BIG-Stu on Sun Oct 25, 2009 9:58 pm

I didn't see the one piece figgers (but in the mask I can't see much) but I got one of the replica posters. Luffy 300,000,000 bounty, I'm very happy with it.

The meet up is always the highlight of my Expo, I can't weight for the next one.
BIG-Stu

PreviousNext

Return to COSPLAY & MASQUERADE @ EXPO