Tales of . . . Group

Discuss the UK's largest Masquerade event which takes place both days during the London MCM Expo.

Do you Cosplay? Then tell us what you like about the event we organise, what costumes you are wearing or how you feel we can improve Cosplaying at the London MCM Expo

Re: Tales of . . . Group

Postby smallfry09 on Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:11 pm

Agi wrote:I will not be defeated :lol:
Don't let the wig WIN fight till the end

KiraraYumi wrote:12 by the new sign is okay by me, I'll probably be out there around 11:30 anyways to get out of the hall (which will probably fill up by then).
I have all sunday to finish up most of Marta's stuff and I'll be finishing up the shinguards in the week. I definatly won't have the dual spinner done..The next weekend is booked up with another con and then...I can't believe it's going to finally be Expo^^

Awesome progress smallfry! The bag looks especially neat^^


thanks ^^

If you want an dual spinner I might be able to get one done as I haven't got that much to do had a go on the shoes and will finish them of in the next 2 day plu can't have marta with out a weapon ^^ but I still got ratatosk core if you wanted that
User avatar
smallfry09
 
Posts: 330
Joined: Sat May 30, 2009 11:08 am

Re: Tales of . . . Group

Postby Kaisaga on Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:27 am

Does anyone have any good reference pictures of the Eternal sword? I have some but the all kinda suck.
User avatar
Kaisaga
 
Posts: 79
Joined: Fri Nov 30, 2007 12:04 am
Location: Basildon

Re: Tales of . . . Group

Postby smallfry09 on Sat Oct 10, 2009 8:07 am

Kaisaga wrote:Does anyone have any good reference pictures of the Eternal sword? I have some but the all kinda suck.



Try Devant art there might be soon picture there :D

Great Iv got me contact and got them in it look scary 0-O but as Im working this weekend I will finish glove and shoes by next week
User avatar
smallfry09
 
Posts: 330
Joined: Sat May 30, 2009 11:08 am

Re: Tales of . . . Group

Postby Agi on Sat Oct 10, 2009 8:58 pm

so after many tears and tantrums . . . and 3 attempts . . . the wig is done! :lol:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=4219460&l=b70def8b08&id=666761209
User avatar
Agi
 
Posts: 32
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2009 8:01 pm
Location: London

Re: Tales of . . . Group

Postby KiraraYumi on Sun Oct 11, 2009 11:41 am

Agi! You got them to stick up! The whole wig looks amazing, congrats on finshing it!

I'm working on the shirt right now...I look so fat in it >< I need to find a way to pin it inward so it doesn't look flat...bleh. But I'm working on it at least...and then I'm practically done! I'll just need to cut away stray thread and fix the wrap next^^ I'm really exited~!

smallfry09 wrote:If you want an dual spinner I might be able to get one done as I haven't got that much to do had a go on the shoes and will finish them of in the next 2 day plu can't have marta with out a weapon ^^ but I still got ratatosk core if you wanted that

If you have time to make it, that'd be awesome but I'd feel kinda bad asking you do that... Though if I could borrow the Ratatosk core I could figure out something to do with it in the masq^^
As for the contacts, they're supposed to look scary~!
wat.
User avatar
KiraraYumi
 
Posts: 755
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 11:08 am
Location: Cardiff/Belgium

Re: Tales of . . . Group

Postby smallfry09 on Sun Oct 11, 2009 3:47 pm

Agi wrote:so after many tears and tantrums . . . and 3 attempts . . . the wig is done! :lol:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=4219460&l=b70def8b08&id=666761209


YOU WON that look great ^^ I can wait not long to go know


KiraraYumi wrote:
smallfry09 wrote:If you want an dual spinner I might be able to get one done as I haven't got that much to do had a go on the shoes and will finish them of in the next 2 day plu can't have marta with out a weapon ^^ but I still got ratatosk core if you wanted that

If you have time to make it, that'd be awesome but I'd feel kinda bad asking you do that... Though if I could borrow the Ratatosk core I could figure out something to do with it in the masq^^
As for the contacts, they're supposed to look scary~!


Its not a problem you help me out and I like buit thing what I will do is do a cut out of the design show you on here and you can give me the go ahead if I got extre time which if nothing comes up I will try to do the moving thing it does ^^
User avatar
smallfry09
 
Posts: 330
Joined: Sat May 30, 2009 11:08 am

Re: Tales of . . . Group

Postby Agi on Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:36 pm

Thanks :D
So relieved, I've been driving my sis mad too being overly perfectionist over it! :lol: I wouldn't have been happy if I'd given up

I did the edging on the tunic today so just need to make my foot guards and my axe now. oh and construct a box to transport the wig- I daren't wear it on the tube in case i get crushed or stuck in a door! :lol:
starting to get excited now :)
User avatar
Agi
 
Posts: 32
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2009 8:01 pm
Location: London

Re: Tales of . . . Group

Postby smallfry09 on Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:49 am

GLOVES ARE FINISH YaaaaaaaaaaaY

Image

I love doing the glove more than I through I learned so much from them :D shoes are next to finish and them Im done :D :D :D
User avatar
smallfry09
 
Posts: 330
Joined: Sat May 30, 2009 11:08 am

Re: Tales of . . . Group

Postby KiraraYumi on Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:29 pm

smallfry09 wrote:Its not a problem you help me out and I like buit thing what I will do is do a cut out of the design show you on here and you can give me the go ahead if I got extre time which if nothing comes up I will try to do the moving thing it does ^^

Okay, thanks! Sounds good! The gloves look really awesome, by the way! The wristbands look perfect!

I've got the day off on friday, soI should be able to 100% complete my shirt then^^ Then I'm oh so close to finishing and it;ll be the week of Expo....SO EXITED! :D
wat.
User avatar
KiraraYumi
 
Posts: 755
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 11:08 am
Location: Cardiff/Belgium

Re: Tales of . . . Group

Postby Sabaku no Cella on Wed Oct 14, 2009 4:07 pm

Mithos is nearly finished, only need to adjust it here and there to fit perfectly. I'm not sure if I can finish his wings, but I'll try as much as I can. And if I can't finish them then I'll just buy angel wings, because Mithos without wings won't be complete, ne? And I won't be having the Eternal Sword, since my wallet won't allow it at the moment -.-'

Only a week untill I leave for London ^o^
Image
Sabaku no Cella
 
Posts: 158
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2007 12:00 pm
Location: The Netherlands

Re: Tales of . . . Group

Postby smallfry09 on Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:23 pm

Thanks ^^

Right day of work tomorrow YaY so sleeping in because I won't get chance next week :D :D :D :lol: :lol: :lol:

but for tomorrow I will be complete the boots working on the bag and sword and starting work on you dual spinner I hope you don't mind it been made out of what I got left over ><

I hope to see you all picture soon ^^
User avatar
smallfry09
 
Posts: 330
Joined: Sat May 30, 2009 11:08 am

Re: Tales of . . . Group

Postby KiraraYumi on Sat Oct 17, 2009 5:51 pm

So yeah, I planned on finishing the shirt yesterday, but while I was sewing on the zipper, the zipper head got stuck under the foot of the sewing machine and once I finally got it out, I had broken the zipper (which, because I'm new to zippers, I spent a good hour or so trying to get on right) which miffed me to no end and made me not want to work on it anymore ><

But! I got a new zipper today, and I'll be working on sewing that and the remainder of the pink trim on later. I'm not going to bother putting that random brown lace/whatever thing on my shirt because I can't see how I can put it on comfortably...so I will be a slightly inaccurate Marta, but no one will notice (probably)...

@smallfry: it's no problem, I'm thankful that you can work on it^^
wat.
User avatar
KiraraYumi
 
Posts: 755
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 11:08 am
Location: Cardiff/Belgium

Re: Tales of . . . Group

Postby Sabaku no Cella on Sat Oct 17, 2009 10:07 pm

Update on Mithos: Almost finished, just needs little adjusting here and there. And I won't be having the angel wings, because I can't seem to find the right fabric for the wings and the stores in my town don't sell any wings >_< I'll try again later this week, but there's a high chance that I won't succeed.
Image
Sabaku no Cella
 
Posts: 158
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2007 12:00 pm
Location: The Netherlands

Re: Tales of . . . Group

Postby smallfry09 on Sun Oct 18, 2009 7:59 pm

Ok boots are finish just got to smart them up a bit

Image
Image

Ok KiraraYumi all I need you to do is put you hand on a cd>> if you think that the right size for the center let me know I will be buit it tomorrow and hoply with a threw short cut will have it painted by wednesday ^^

Image
User avatar
smallfry09
 
Posts: 330
Joined: Sat May 30, 2009 11:08 am

Re: Tales of . . . Group

Postby KiraraYumi on Sun Oct 18, 2009 8:23 pm

@Sabaku: That's a shame...but at least the main part's done, which is the most important!

@smallfry: Wow, everything looks great! Thanks for the dual-spinner, CD size is fine, I just checked^^
wat.
User avatar
KiraraYumi
 
Posts: 755
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 11:08 am
Location: Cardiff/Belgium

Re: Tales of . . . Group

Postby smallfry09 on Sun Oct 18, 2009 8:36 pm

KiraraYumi wrote:@Sabaku: That's a shame...but at least the main part's done, which is the most important!

@smallfry: Wow, everything looks great! Thanks for the dual-spinner, CD size is fine, I just checked^^


great i will have picture to you asap hope you get yours finish ^^

Sabaku just a idea I know you travel quite far but if you get changes what about if you look in london fance dress shops but you will be still the great mithos with or without winges ^_^
User avatar
smallfry09
 
Posts: 330
Joined: Sat May 30, 2009 11:08 am

Re: Tales of . . . Group

Postby Sabaku no Cella on Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:28 am

smallfry09 wrote:
KiraraYumi wrote:@Sabaku: That's a shame...but at least the main part's done, which is the most important!

@smallfry: Wow, everything looks great! Thanks for the dual-spinner, CD size is fine, I just checked^^


great i will have picture to you asap hope you get yours finish ^^

Sabaku just a idea I know you travel quite far but if you get changes what about if you look in london fance dress shops but you will be still the great mithos with or without winges ^_^


I've thought about that as well. Can you recommend places to go, because I'm not familiar with fance dress shops in London. Mainly Camden Town, museums, arcade halls and the main sight-seeing parts of London are all that I know ^.^'
Image
Sabaku no Cella
 
Posts: 158
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2007 12:00 pm
Location: The Netherlands

Re: Tales of . . . Group

Postby Agi on Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:54 am

there is one in Camden: Escapaders, 45-46 Chalk Farm Road, Camden

the only other one I know of is in Soho, on Berwick Street which is off oxford street (it has Beard Papas on the corner) its called So High Soho and they have fancy dress things in the basement. Berwick street is also the street with the lovely fabric shops on :)
User avatar
Agi
 
Posts: 32
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2009 8:01 pm
Location: London

Re: Tales of . . . Group

Postby smallfry09 on Mon Oct 19, 2009 1:02 pm

Sabaku no Cella wrote:I've thought about that as well. Can you recommend places to go, because I'm not familiar with fance dress shops in London. Mainly Camden Town, museums, arcade halls and the main sight-seeing parts of London are all that I know ^.^'


I will have a look around on google and ask some people I know how live there

KiraraYumi still needs work on it. One of the blaves are small than the other but I can sort that out if you don't like it them i will try to redo ^^

Image
User avatar
smallfry09
 
Posts: 330
Joined: Sat May 30, 2009 11:08 am

Re: Tales of . . . Group

Postby goldfish on Mon Oct 19, 2009 5:58 pm

everyone's getting their work done :) I've frankly given up planning to make Tokunaga now .__. (Mainly since i don't have time...and most of the shops are closed when i come back from college :'()

...then again, i could attempt it ¬.¬;; Risk my sleep for it xD;;
User avatar
goldfish
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:19 pm

Re: Tales of . . . Group

Postby KiraraYumi on Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:17 pm

I feel so close to finishing, grah! I have to work on it each day after school this week to get it done properly for sure! I'm happy that the main part of the shirt done though (so...much...trim!). My shingaurds look a bit sucky, but they're okay, I can walk in them at least.

@smallfry: It looks awesome! You sure work quickly, it would take me ages to get that far! You can leave the blades the way they are, if I hold it at an angle, no one will be able to tell ;P



goldfish wrote:everyone's getting their work done :) I've frankly given up planning to make Tokunaga now .__. (Mainly since i don't have time...and most of the shops are closed when i come back from college :'()

...then again, i could attempt it ¬.¬;; Risk my sleep for it xD;;

You're still going as Anise though, right?
If I had time, I'd have a go at making him since it's been ages since I've made a plushie and would love to try, but I have noooo time >< I made the Tokunaga on my bag detachable, you can use it for a photo if you like (though it may look a bit weird, since he's flat xD)
wat.
User avatar
KiraraYumi
 
Posts: 755
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 11:08 am
Location: Cardiff/Belgium

Re: Tales of . . . Group

Postby smallfry09 on Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:00 pm

Thanks kirara ^^ glad you like I was worries it was a bit to big :P diet coke help to day Im going to use a quick way on the painting beacuse the sword was about a week to paint which I don't have Im going to use some super PVA and that should get it done by wednesday the lates thurdays

progress just twiking the top, shoes and the wig as I been busys with bleach cosplay lately hoply everthing should be done be thurday I have all morning on the friday to do an last min things with I hope it dosen't come to that

I think we got an nice size group and can't wait to meet up ^^

I so glad I doing emil now at first I was all neaves but know Im realy looking thourgh to it ^^
User avatar
smallfry09
 
Posts: 330
Joined: Sat May 30, 2009 11:08 am

Re: Tales of . . . Group

Postby Adziu on Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:23 am

Sorta finished my Lloyd outfit.

http://tybsy.deviantart.com/art/Lloyd-f ... -140843538

It's not very good, really, and I like my Saturday cosplay more, but it's done!
User avatar
Adziu
Board Moderator
 
Posts: 6198
Joined: Sat Oct 28, 2006 10:16 pm
Location: London

Re: Tales of . . . Group

Postby Ahoge on Tue Oct 20, 2009 8:19 pm

The person I was supposed to be going with has dropped out so poor Yuri will be by himself on the Saturday :( Feel free to say hi :oops:
Ahoge
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2008 3:07 pm

Re: Tales of . . . Group

Postby smallfry09 on Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:29 am

Adziu that look great ^^ pitty you not coming him on saturday ><

Ahoge we can't have that don't worry we all look out for you o photo group at 11.30-12.00

Progess emil is near all done YAY this is the part there I looking at all the gear and saying if Im happy our not or that needs doing on it and Iv got the cores ready to ^^

Dual Spinner last of the Pva is on and wait for it now than spray it before I go to work thay when I get back to night detail works and it should be done ^^
User avatar
smallfry09
 
Posts: 330
Joined: Sat May 30, 2009 11:08 am

PreviousNext

Return to COSPLAY & MASQUERADE @ EXPO

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 1 guest