Bakuman cosplayers?

Discuss the UK's largest Masquerade event which takes place both days during the London MCM Expo.

Do you Cosplay? Then tell us what you like about the event we organise, what costumes you are wearing or how you feel we can improve Cosplaying at the London MCM Expo

Bakuman cosplayers?

Postby MikuriDono on Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:27 pm

Knowing Bakuman isn't very popular yet due to it's recent release, I'm not expecting many people to turn up and be like Oh hey I know what Bakuman is! Let alone cosplay it.

BUT HERE I AM, asking if there's ANNYONNE out there coming to the London MCM in Bakuman cosplay~

I will most likely be cosplaying Fukuda Shinta and/or Hiramaru Kazuya on both days, I'm hoping there will be some others? Please reply C: :wink:

Bakuman cosplayers attending:

Mashiro Moritaka
+Yuka

Takagi Akito
+Yuka's friend

Miyoshi kaya

Azuki Miho

Hiramaru Kazuya
+Jengou

Shinta Fukuda
+Mikuridono
Last edited by MikuriDono on Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
MikuriDono

Re: Bakuman cosplayers?

Postby alicedragon on Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:59 am

BAKUMAN COSPLAY DO WANT ARUJAFOJDSGFBOPDSAGBSADGKBVSDG

I want to cosplay as Hattori. :3
alicedragon

Postby Adziu on Thu Jul 16, 2009 1:02 am

Hmm, I have a feeling I've already posted this in another thread, but...

I like Bakuman, but I think it's gonna be hard to recognise anyone cosplaying from it, the clothes being after all just regular casual-wear. Unless you have a Niizuma with feathers stuck behind his ear, I think it'd be very hard to identify Bakuman cosplay.
Adziu
Board Moderator

Postby MikuriDono on Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:33 am

@alicedragon
That's cool! Which Hattori lol?

@Adizu
It's true that Bakuman characters do wear casual wear. But you could say the same to Death Note. Yet people still recognize them because they all have a specific color scheme and 'costume'. I would definately spot a Saiko and Shujin because they wear their signature clothing (e.g the red and white track top, and for Saiko, his blue hair with his baggy shirt would give it away- perhaps with an additional prop like a g-pen and a issue of weekly JUMP)

Maybe it wouldn't be as obvious that it IS a cosplay to those who don't read Bakuman. That's the only let down about it but it's nothing much- 'sides some people can benefit from not looking as weird lessstaresatthelondonundergroundcough
MikuriDono

Postby Crimzun on Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:51 pm

I don't know whether it is too late, but I will most probably also be going as Takagi Akito both days at the expo :D
Crimzun

Postby c1a2w3t4 on Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:44 pm

I'd love to go as Shujin or Fukuda, well Shujin preferably, I'm just not sure what I would do to get shujins jacket just right, what's the material at the collar and on the hem?
c1a2w3t4

Postby MikuriDono on Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:35 am

Anyone here coming to the May 2012 Expo as Bakuman cosplayers still? Report to the post!
viewtopic.php?f=405&t=17996&p=580201#p580201
MikuriDono

Return to COSPLAY & MASQUERADE @ EXPO