Cosplay Roadshow for 2009

Whats Cosplay Roadshow all about?
Discuss 'COSPLAY ROADSHOW' join us at one of the 'MCM EXPO' meet ups that will be visiting various venues around the UK!
The days willl include a Masquerade, get together with other Cosplayers, buy some great stuff from Dealers and have a great day out!
Visit: cosplayroadshow.com

Re: Cosplay Roadshow for 2009

Postby Lady Bahamut on Sat Jul 18, 2009 11:22 am

Come down to the south west please!!! We always get ignored! D: Which is weird because there is loads of us Somerset people here :wink:
Oct
Syaoran - CardcaptorSakura
Lady Bahamut

Postby luna.eclipse on Sat Jul 18, 2009 11:34 am

Lady Bahamut wrote:Come down to the south west please!!! We always get ignored! D: Which is weird because there is loads of us Somerset people here :wink:

i second this :D
luna.eclipse

Postby hack.jnz.8321 on Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:25 pm

Definately one down south, there are loads of us down here. xD
hack.jnz.8321

Postby Granny Gertrude on Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:32 pm

There is quite a few of us in the south west, including me in Bath and Ilpala in the 'nam (Chippenham to most of you) and Bristol, Plymouth, Southampton have healthy anime fandom scenes. I know a number of Ilpala's and my local anime club don't do Expo as London is quite far.

Whether it heads to Cornwall, Manchester, Newcastle, Glasgow, Cardiff, or wherever I'm pretty sure I can use it as an excuse to see friends :P
Joe 'Granny Gertrude' Sutton
Cosplay @ Expo
www.facebook.com/grannygertrude
Granny Gertrude
Board Moderator

Postby kunoichi-me on Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:59 pm

This sounds like an awesome idea :) I live in the west midlands to, i'll definately come to one of the closest ones I can find lol
http://kunoichi-me.deviantart.com/ (:
kunoichi-me

Postby maraudernumber5 on Sat Jul 18, 2009 1:18 pm

Wow something around Manchester or Liverpool would be really cool! Me and my friends live in Warrington which is only a short train ride/drive from either of the cities XD

Of course one in Warrington would be even better but i guess major cities attract more people ^^
maraudernumber5

Postby Hiname on Sat Jul 18, 2009 1:29 pm

Tidus227 wrote:
Hiname wrote:If you could do somewhere in the West Midlands i might consider ^_^

where abouts are u from in west midlands

its basically the same for me cause west midlands is where many ppl can get to easily

I live in Walsall

shaneh87 wrote:If there won't be a Midlands one because of the Midlands Expo anything near London should be out aswell :P.Personally i think these should be focused more on the North as they have it the worst when coming down to the expos.

Also i agree with you on this. Plus the NEC is only a membrobilia show. Not many anime people go to it. Actually i wouldn't even class it as an anime event.

kunoichi-me wrote:This sounds like an awesome idea :) I live in the west midlands to, i'll definately come to one of the closest ones I can find lol

Ouu you'll have to get in touch ^_^

The West Midlands is quite big and not everyone can get to Telford or Birmingham NEC even though it is accessable by train.

It would be cool to see loads more Expo's in England like America.
Hiname

Postby Hannah-Kiwii on Sat Jul 18, 2009 2:40 pm

I persoanlly think manchester would be a very good place to hold an event (and not just because I can get their easily XD)

There are such a large number of attendees in and around the manchester area, and more who wish they could get down to london twice a year, but can't for whatever reason.

I also believe that, outside of london, it's the most densly populated area of the country? I may be wrong, but it seems like the more people there are in the area, the more attendees you'll get.

You guys have got to move further north than Telford!
Hannah-Kiwii

Postby SlimDefinition on Sat Jul 18, 2009 3:14 pm

Hello again!
I've made the petition - http://www.gopetition.co.uk/online/29479.html
SlimDefinition

Postby shaneh87 on Sat Jul 18, 2009 4:13 pm

Hiname wrote:Plus the NEC is only a membrobilia show. Not many anime people go to it. Actually i wouldn't even class it as an anime event.

I've only been to one and from what i saw i'd have to agree.There were probably 2 main animé shops there.It's mainly for collectors of other things.

Hiname wrote:It would be cool to see loads more Expo's in England like America.

Although it would be nice our country isn't that big.We take a quick train or car ride.The most is takes is 9 hours and that's people coming from Scotland.The reason America have so many is because you have to fly to some of these places as they are so far away.
shaneh87

Postby Nain on Sat Jul 18, 2009 5:53 pm

SlimDefinition wrote:East Anglia, Norwich.
I have already had a word, and it might happen in Norwich if those of us in the area can get the interest racked up.
I've already made myself an advocate for the region, but if anyone else can give me a hand I'd be grateful.

Norwich would be awesome :) Quite a few of my friends and I live nearby, so that would be great.
Nain

Postby SlimDefinition on Sat Jul 18, 2009 6:46 pm

Nain wrote:
SlimDefinition wrote:East Anglia, Norwich.
I have already had a word, and it might happen in Norwich if those of us in the area can get the interest racked up.
I've already made myself an advocate for the region, but if anyone else can give me a hand I'd be grateful.

Norwich would be awesome :) Quite a few of my friends and I live nearby, so that would be great.

Hi,

Just thought I'd e-mail you seeing as you're interested in the Norwich area (and live in East Anglia).
Did you sign the petition? If not, would you and your like-minded friends like to?
The link is - http://www.gopetition.co.uk/online/29479.html

There's also my website we need to get activity buzzing on - http://animedia-east.webs.com
It's not just for the roadshow either, it's for anyone and everyone in East Anglia who's into this sort of thing,
and anyone else outside it who'd be interested and likely to attend an event here too,

Raye-chan is in the middle of designing a logo for AniMedia East already.
Good to hear from you.
SlimDefinition

Postby limegreenjelly on Sat Jul 18, 2009 7:07 pm

Lady Bahamut wrote:Come down to the south west please!!! We always get ignored! D: Which is weird because there is loads of us Somerset people here :wink:

There is loads of people in Somerset and the south west either cosplay roadshow in Taunton or Bristol would be a brilliant opportunity ... I also would like to see an event in Southampton or the Hampshire area too, this will be great ... I cant wait!! :)

limegreenjelly x
limegreenjelly

Postby hack.jnz.8321 on Sat Jul 18, 2009 8:02 pm

I live in southampton and although I know hardly anyone personally, I do know a good couple of handfuls of people who would be interested in an event being held somewhere in Hampshire (or nearby) It's hella' expensive to travel to London all the time. xD
hack.jnz.8321

Postby Jeff Kamiki Jurai on Sat Jul 18, 2009 8:14 pm

I'd personally like to see this come up to Scotland (Edinburgh would be fine) too and not just an event "in the north" that's in Newcastle. Or even multiple places in Scotland for those of us who are not centralised in Glasgow.
Jeff Kamiki Jurai

Postby scottishcosplay on Sat Jul 18, 2009 8:24 pm

Jeff Kamiki Jurai wrote:I'd personally like to see this come up to Scotland (Edinburgh would be fine) too and not just an event "in the north" that's in Newcastle. Or even multiple places in Scotland for those of us who are not centralised in Glasgow.

i cant belive that there is someone from my neck of the wood, im origanly from turrif but now stay in aberdeen
scottishcosplay

Postby Senwyn on Sat Jul 18, 2009 8:47 pm

This is such an awesome idea! Please come to York!! I'm starting uni there in october!
Senwyn

Postby thelittlelanette on Mon Jul 20, 2009 4:36 pm

Coming to the south west would be awesome! As far as I'm aware, there is quite a lot about somerset and glos.
Oct. Expo: Red Mage(hopefully!)
thelittlelanette

Postby bye_bye_beautifulmidnight on Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:37 pm

Senwyn wrote:This is such an awesome idea! Please come to York!! I'm starting uni there in october!

i'm with Senwyn its an amazing idea and please come to york or leeds
bye_bye_beautifulmidnight

Postby Hannah-Kiwii on Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:05 pm

bye_bye_beautifulmidnight wrote:
Senwyn wrote:This is such an awesome idea! Please come to York!! I'm starting uni there in october!

i'm with Senwyn its an amazing idea and please come to york or leeds

I would be willing to travel to Leeds for an event, the fare from Manchester is reletively cheap...I've travelled there for none MCM events before now XD
Hannah-Kiwii

Postby Aranel on Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:09 pm

Come to Scotland!!!!! XD
Aranel

Postby Ryoko on Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:14 pm

omg thats fantastic, its only a few days after I move to hertfordshire and I'll have my cosplay ready by them, too.
Woohoo!

Aranel wrote:Come to Scotland!!!!! XD

I got really confused, my deviantart name is Araniel and I got confused and thought you were me.
I need coffee.
Ryoko

Postby Tonyo on Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:48 pm

Ohhh, I love this idea. I just hope you'll do more near me so I can go, and of course... film them. ;)
Tonyo

Postby englicana on Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:10 am

I'll definitely come along if there's one that's easy to get to!
englicana

Postby Lloyd_Irving on Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:28 am

Come to Dudley plz :3
BRING ON MAY
Lloyd_Irving

PreviousNext

Return to COSPLAY ROADSHOW INFO, GENERAL CHAT, DATES & VENUES