Merlin Casts a Third Series Spell @ MCM Expo UPDATED

This is where any guests attending the event are announced. Chat about anything to do with the event that does not fit into the other categories. Dont forget to visit the main website at http://www.londonexpo.com for updates also

Re: Merlin Casts a Third Series Spell @ MCM Expo UPDATED

Postby TanyaKimbaley on Sun May 23, 2010 8:39 pm

I really wish I stood a chance at getting a ticket for the signing (its my first expo, and I'm a HUGE Merlin fan), but hopefully I'll still be able to attend the panel.
TanyaKimbaley

Postby TurkFox on Sun May 23, 2010 9:47 pm

How many tickets will there be? Last year we were in the advance tickets queue and got in not too long after Expo opened, and still we didn't get tickets because there were only 150. If you can say how many tickets there will be, I can plan to be there earlier this time.
TurkFox

Postby Admin-2 on Sun May 23, 2010 10:51 pm

We are planning on 200, hope this is helpful.
London MCM Expo - Admin~2
Admin-2
Site Admin

Postby Philraw123 on Tue May 25, 2010 2:38 am

Can you confirm where I can get the tickets for the Merlin pannel please... you have stated that they can be given out at the information desk, however is this the same area that you hand the Expo ticket into or are they in different areas?
Philraw123

Postby silverprincess on Tue May 25, 2010 9:14 am

OK im worried now you all saying that poeple who purchased the advanced tickets still didnt get in in time to get tickets for the signing...
The Merlin cast are the only reason i am attending this event, and may actually cry if i dont get to go to the signing lol.
We have purchased tickets already, and will be in the queue before the doors open..
silverprincess

Postby Admin-2 on Tue May 25, 2010 9:15 am

There are NO tickets to the Merlin Panel. You just go and enjoy. Seating is available for 800 people with standing room it is 1200.

The tickets at 10am are for the limited signing ONLY.

Which there will be an update on today as the guys are in the middle of shooting and we may have some times issues. More on the signing in about an hour.
Admin-2
Site Admin

Postby silverprincess on Tue May 25, 2010 9:43 am

OK thank you. If i have to sit on the floor all night to get a ticket to the signing i will haha
silverprincess

Postby ypput on Tue May 25, 2010 11:05 am

I know we've been through this, but just to make sure - The tickets for the signing will definately start to be give out at 10am - Not before at 9am? So if you got an Advance Entry ticket and went straight to the desk there would be no tickets until 10am? Correct?
ypput

Postby Admin-2 on Tue May 25, 2010 11:51 am

10am
Admin-2
Site Admin

Postby silverprincess on Tue May 25, 2010 11:55 am

what the news you said about then? lol
silverprincess

Postby silverprincess on Tue May 25, 2010 3:01 pm

LOL you said there was news and you would post up in an hour? that was like 4 hours ago haha..
silverprincess

Postby thevelvetonion on Tue May 25, 2010 8:37 pm

Eeee I can't wait for this :D
I was annoyed I couldn't go last time so I'm so glad they're coming back again!
~emma~
thevelvetonion

Postby Admin-2 on Tue May 25, 2010 10:24 pm

OK update from production. The cast are coming up Sat from Wales. They have rehearsals in the afternoon so must leave early. We are just so pleased that they can still make it

This means they will not have time to sit and sign.

So what they have suggested is, they will arrive with the mini posters already signed. If you collect a ticket from the info desk at or after 10am (subject to availability) you will get a signed mini poster.

I think its very good of them to have thought about it and done theirbest for everyone.
Admin-2
Site Admin

Postby Neko-Chan on Tue May 25, 2010 10:58 pm

Awww this is a shame =( will still go though because they're awsome =D bet they're dissapointed too, katie and angel were saying last time how they'd love to actually join the event from our side for once, but then again so have a few of the other guests who have visited.
Neko-Chan

Postby maz on Wed May 26, 2010 6:55 am

Damn, im so upset about this. Even though i'm grateful they thought of this and are just lovely for even coming, but i'm less bothered about the getting a signed item (i have loads) than actually talking to them for a few mins.

Just to clarify, does this mean they aren't going to sit at all after the panel and we just collect our signed item from somewhere, or they will sit but they'll move through everyone quickly because they'll hand out pre-signed items. I'm thinking its the first scenario but just wanted to make sure.
maz

Postby Infoco on Wed May 26, 2010 8:29 am

I'd also like to know when the tickets can be traded for the posters (before the panel? Some time after it?). And, if possible, how many posters. Still around the 200 mark?

It is really disappointing that they can't hang around because I was hoping to meet the cast and get their autographs this time. But I can understand and appreciate that if we want a series 3 it is important that they keep up with filming times. And it is really nice of them to send this alternative. Maybe another time, eh?
This post shall now fart in your general direction.
Infoco

Postby silverprincess on Wed May 26, 2010 10:00 am

awww noooo, this would be just my luck. First time i've been able to come and see them here, and they can't sign. :(
Obviously we can understand the reasons behind it, we don't want to delay the filming of series 3 :)
silverprincess

Postby tonythecylon on Wed May 26, 2010 6:44 pm

I'm guessing that as they'll need to travel back to rehearsals in Wales, they will have to leave straight after the panel.

Fair play to them all for making the trip, at least four hours travelling and then having to do work after all that.

Of course it's dissapointing that we're not going to meet them but it can't be helped and a chance to see all four of them in the panel is certainly not possible anywhere else, thanks Expo for sorting again.
tonythecylon

Postby Philraw123 on Thu May 27, 2010 12:52 am

This is my first time attending the expo... is the information desk the same place where you queue up and buy the tickets for entry into expo? if not where abouts is the info desk?

Where is the panel for merlin - as I said above I've never been here before and I don't want to miss seeing them!!
Philraw123

Postby tonythecylon on Thu May 27, 2010 6:15 pm

The Info desk is directly inside the main hall. This is a different location to where you purchase tickets.

a guide to entry is on a different topic in the forum - as you havn't got a ticket yet - here is the info about where the ticket office and entry to the event is located.
If you want to purchase an Early Entry or General ticket on the day.

1) Enter Excel via the West entrance.
2) Go to the ticket processing hall. Door N1.
3) Follow the signs to Purchase/Buy Tickets.
4) Make your choice Early Entry (If available) or General Entry. Follow the signs.
5) Once you purchase your ticket proceed to the wristband collection point.
6) If you purchase Early Entry on the day you will then proceed to the relevant line if the show has not yet opened. On the day Early Entry must wait until the Advance Early Entry line has entered.
7) If you purchase General Entry on the day you will not enter until 11am. If the show has not yet opened you will be directed to the relevant line to await entry. If the show is open you will be directed to the show entrance of line if there is one. Door N4

The Merlin panel will be in the main hall in the expo theatre, the map in the show guide will show you where it is.
tonythecylon

Postby Ryoko on Thu May 27, 2010 7:11 pm

Admin-2 wrote:OK update from production. The cast are coming up Sat from Wales.

...What are the chances of Colin Morgan or Bradley James needing a lift there or back? :o :twisted:
Ryoko

Postby silverprincess on Thu May 27, 2010 7:51 pm

Ryoko wrote:
Admin-2 wrote:OK update from production. The cast are coming up Sat from Wales.

...What are the chances of Colin Morgan or Bradley James needing a lift there or back? :o :twisted:

lol :D
silverprincess

Postby Ryoko on Thu May 27, 2010 8:24 pm

Road Trip! You can totally fit half the cast of Merlin in the back of a Nissan Micra.
My friends can get out.
Ryoko

Postby silverprincess on Sun May 30, 2010 11:48 am

well yesterday was very interesting. Lots of people saying different things reg the clearing of the hall, some saying they wont, same saying they will...
In the end they did..
even though myself and my friend Debbie where the 2nd people into the room, we were pushed out the way by other people who had not waited around for almost 3 hours just to see the panel...
so we ended up sitting behind these people.

The cast were great though.

one thing, the sound was really bad, i actually struggled to hear what they were saying sometimes, and the fact the stands right by the curtains where making SO MUCH NOISE it was hard to hear.

Maybe something can be done for future events, move the stands that have speakers etc away to the other side of the room, at least this way it wouldnt effect things so much.
silverprincess

Postby JessieSparrow on Sun May 30, 2010 4:18 pm

Why didn't Bradley come, I missed the start of the panel =)
JessieSparrow

PreviousNext

Return to GENERAL CHAT