Dragonball Z Group!

Discuss the UK's largest Masquerade event which takes place both days during the London MCM Expo.

Do you Cosplay? Then tell us what you like about the event we organise, what costumes you are wearing or how you feel we can improve Cosplaying at the London MCM Expo

Re: Dragonball Z Group!

Postby otakugirl on Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:30 pm

Rubikins wrote:
Son Gopaul wrote:Yeah, sorry again guys. I'm confirming I'm not doing Hercule any more.

Maybe another time perhaps?

Aw too bad... It's ok though :) Good luck with your other cosplays!!!

otakugirlGoku wrote:
The wig is awesome!! Its one of the best i've seen for dragonball. I went as Bulma last year (2009) with my boyfriend as yamcha and my sister as Lunch. You'll have to let me know where all of you are going to be, dragonball is one of my fav animes and i would love to have pics of you all!

Thankyou! It means alot :D I've fixed the middle bang now so it looks a little more accurate... :)
I saw all of you! I lost sight of you in the crowds though so couldn't get a picture. :(

I'm thinking front steps at a certain time... any suggestions?

Do you read Neo Magazine??? Our picture was in that. If not I could always send you a pic :)
otakugirl

Postby Almighty-trunks on Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:02 pm

hey otakugirl, i have a picture of you with my sis, who was also a bulma.... i was the saiyan armour trunks from may
Almighty-trunks

Postby otakugirl on Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:44 am

Almighty-trunks wrote:hey otakugirl, i have a picture of you with my sis, who was also a bulma.... i was the saiyan armour trunks from may

Omg! Hey i remember you!!! You on facebook?
otakugirl

Postby Almighty-trunks on Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:11 pm

otakugirl wrote:
Almighty-trunks wrote:hey otakugirl, i have a picture of you with my sis, who was also a bulma.... i was the saiyan armour trunks from may

Omg! Hey i remember you!!! You on facebook?

yes, just search for tomaki connolley
Almighty-trunks

Postby SamW89 on Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:22 pm

OK, QuantumDestiny was supposed to e-mail me a price list for the wigs three weeks ago, tried chasing it up, nothing.

Might hafta attempt to make this wig myself *gulps*

@Otakugirl: I was the Vegeta in the Namek armour that Saturday, I'm also on Facebook
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/sjwebster1
If that link doesn't work try searching Samuel John Webster
SamW89

Postby otakugirl on Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:06 pm

Ok done you'll get messages, so accept my friends request! ^_^
otakugirl

Postby Rubikins on Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:25 am

otakugirl wrote:
Do you read Neo Magazine??? Our picture was in that. If not I could always send you a pic :)

Yes! I bought that one! *Looks through all of her old Neo Mags*

Got it~! :D

Yeah, you were all awesome! I guess in an odd way I did get a picture of you all! xP
Rubikins

Postby otakugirl on Sat Feb 13, 2010 5:29 pm

Yep! In an odd way lol :D
otakugirl

Postby SamW89 on Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:47 pm

Yeah Quantum's still not got back to me with the prices so Imma hafta try and make this wig myself. Rubikins, you said you made your wig based off of Quantum's tutorial, right? Can you add me to MSN or Skype or something? Wanted to ask you a couple of questions about the process.

MSN: samwebster_3@..com
SamW89

Postby Rubikins on Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:23 pm

SamW89 wrote:Yeah Quantum's still not got back to me with the prices so Imma hafta try and make this wig myself. Rubikins, you said you made your wig based off of Quantum's tutorial, right? Can you add me to MSN or Skype or something? Wanted to ask you a couple of questions about the process.

MSN: samwebster_3@..com

Sorry, only just checked the forums today ^^;
I'll add you on msn now :)
Rubikins

Postby Ryoko on Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:31 pm

Loads of stuff still to do but its starting to half get there now, yay!

Ryoko

Postby Rubikins on Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:19 pm

Ryoko wrote:Loads of stuff still to do but its starting to half get there now, yay!

Omg, thats so freaking cool!
It's still recognisable as Goku's Gi, yet you can clearly see its the female version! Awesome :D
Can't wait to see more of it once it's all completely done!

...which reminds me... I have my camera back! So I can put some pictures up of my Gohan when I have the time to take some! x3
Rubikins

Postby Almighty-trunks on Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:29 pm

ok guys i shall be bringing my mirai trunks cosplay (in the style of him at the beginning of the cell saga!) however cant guarantee i'll get a chance to do it during expo times, however it will be worn to at least one evening!
Almighty-trunks

Postby SamW89 on Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:13 am

Costume's looking epic Ryoko!
SamW89

Postby KajiDaigoji on Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:40 pm

Hi my fiance is going to Android 18 on saturday :D
KajiDaigoji

Postby Rubikins on Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:14 am

KajiDaigoji wrote:Hi my fiance is going to Android 18 on saturday :D

Yay! An Android for Saturday!~ :D Added!
Rubikins

Postby SamW89 on Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:59 am

Just been paid from my second job and finally ordered supplies for my wig at Cosworx. Spent about £50 and ordered a Cher and two packs of black wefted extensions - according to Quantum (when I was still able to get hold of her) that's what she used for her most recent Goku, and it was cheaper than buying two Punkys.

I'll post pictures of my attempt to make Goku's hair as it happens once the stuff arrives so watch this space.
SamW89

Postby SamW89 on Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:30 pm

Well, wig supplies haven't arrived yet, but I did get the final materials for Goku today. Now I just hafta make some slight alterations to my patterns and sew this thing together, trousers are causing me some problems (dunno how to emulate the indent he has around his crotch and I'd like to learn how to add some discreet pockets for my phone etc) then I can cry over how hard the wig is to do when that arrives.

I hafta work this afternoon but I shall start chopping and sewing away later tonight if I have the energy to do so.

Also, am I the only one posting in this thread now? =P
SamW89

Postby otakugirl on Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:09 am

I might take an android 17 outfit to saturday... but i havent decided yet
otakugirl

Postby Rubikins on Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:29 am

SamW89 wrote:
Also, am I the only one posting in this thread now? =P

Can't wait to see it once it's finished! And no you're not, but I think everyone is extremely busy lately, myself included, so sorry if I don't post much! ^^;

otakugirl wrote:I might take an android 17 outfit to saturday... but i havent decided yet

I'll put you down as a maybe then. :)
Would be nice if you could come on the saturday as him~! :D
Rubikins

Postby SamW89 on Sun Mar 28, 2010 5:39 pm

Good to know =)

Patterns are driving me crazy! I seem to lack an ability to translate how something should sit on someone etc to a flat pattern and I can't find any store patterns that resemble Goku's gi =(
SamW89

Postby SamW89 on Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:15 am

Ordered a pattern for Goku's top after failing to make my own, gonna use a Simplicity 2837 and just chop off the sleeves and shorten it.

My wigs supplies finally arrived, got a Cher wig and two sets of wefted extensions from Cosworx, no thanks to customs or Parcel Force, now I just need hair clips, glue and spray.

I'm currently reading and rereading Quantum's tutorial so I can try and do this thing.

Edit: Starting to make some progress with my wig, started trying to comb and detangle it, also got my extensions, garden wire, glue gun and hair glue and spray ready and on standby.

Tomorrow I'm gonna try and get the wig fully detangled, pop the garden wire spike templates in and cut the base wig, with some help from demexiffie.

Edit 2:
Started trying to untangle this mess of a wig - still gotta do some work on it before I can cut wefts out of it and wear what's left as the base wig.

Still, I have my handy reference figures handy and on standby.

Also, got a couple of little bits in town, no prizes for guessing what these are for.

SamW89

Postby Ryoko on Sun Apr 04, 2010 1:05 pm

That DB art book is brilliant, I showed it to the kids at school and lectures them on 'old school colouring,' but they weren't impressed. Blah.

I've nearly finished my costume, I've re-dyed my dress and hacked it and my t-shirt to pieces... or into the right shape, however you want to look at it. My belt should be here Tuesday or Wednesday, all I have to do is sew on the turtle symbol on the back and front and sew some of the trade mark folds into the dress.

I'm going really girly with my Goku! I'm thinking blue beads and a dragonball necklace. Still dont have a clue what to do with my hair tho. :(

Ryoko

Postby Rubikins on Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:53 pm

@Ryoko

I love those boots! *_*
Can't wait to see this in person~ ^^
Rubikins

Postby Ryoko on Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:15 pm

yay, thank you ^^ I just ordered my wig, too. I love how your Gohan wig looks but I think I'd just make a mess trying to do that. Might have to go with 'naturally spikey' or something, lol!
They are awesome boots. They are going to kill me.
Ryoko

PreviousNext

Return to COSPLAY & MASQUERADE @ EXPO