Gintama!

Discuss the UK's largest Masquerade event which takes place both days during the London MCM Expo.

Do you Cosplay? Then tell us what you like about the event we organise, what costumes you are wearing or how you feel we can improve Cosplaying at the London MCM Expo

Gintama!

Postby Huza on Sun Nov 15, 2009 10:25 pm

Welcome to the Gintama group! This is my first time running a group, but I'm trying hard to run it smoothly!
Anyhow, We need some lovely people to join us! So if your a Gintama fanatic, fan, or just plain like it.. Join! And together we can spread the awesomeness that is Gintama. C:

Saturday:
Kagura - Huza
Gintoki Sakata - Mcnoddington
Gintoki Sakata - xx-Yaoi-Love-xx's Mum
Elizabeth - Chaplain Meliadus

Sunday:
Kagura - Huza
Sougo Okita - Ino

Maybe's & Day Confirmation
Gintoki Sakata - BakaBakaRangers, Ino's friend
Isao Kondo - Mcnoddington's friend
Sougo Okita - Mcnoddington's friend, BakaBakaRangers
Shinpachi Shimura - Mcnoddington's brother, Ino's friend

Meeting:
-SATURDAY-
1pm at The side of main enterance of the Excel building, next to the bank (which is opposite the caterpilla tree's)
Activities include a picnic and a good old of game of "Hit Wear Rock Paper Scissors!", PHOTO'S!...and stuff.

-SUNDAY-
Nothing arranged so far. Depending on the amount of people! XD
Last edited by Huza on Wed May 26, 2010 6:36 pm, edited 15 times in total.
Huza

Re: Gintama!

Postby Mcnoddington on Mon Nov 16, 2009 8:28 am

ah, I was wondering how long it was going to be befor someone started this thread, well me and freinds do gintama alot to try and get more people to do it. if you ask nicely there may be some shinsengumi and an extra gin-san there. Also if ya need any halp makin anything they say im quite good.
Mcnoddington

Postby Tundra on Mon Nov 16, 2009 2:29 pm

Woot Gintama thread at last. Though I'm GUTTED I won't be cosplaying Gintama in May, I'm gonna look out for you guys for sure and maybe you'll let me take a few pics and come and say! ^^

Hope it all goes well and you get lots of people :)
Tundra

Postby hack.jnz.8321 on Mon Nov 16, 2009 3:01 pm

Hey! You're in my Soul Eater group!

AMAZING.

If you get stuck with the bun covers, I have some that you can borrow ^^

Good luck on your group, I will be after some glompage!

EDIT: Luke, Gin Tama again?! :3 you're so awesome gin-saaan :x
hack.jnz.8321

Postby Huza on Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:31 pm

Gin please go with you Shinsengumi friends! Do it for the strawberry milk!!!
Also in October i was quite amazed how little Gintama cosplays there were, I only saw them at the picnic and thats it throughout the whole expo :( -but i did see one Kagura on sunday- maybe all hope isn't lost!?
Plus thank you guys for your help! If i need help with anything il just say! ^^
@hack.jnz.8321 I'm afraid I will decline the bun offer! I'm in a rather creative mood, and i need a bit of a challenge! (if it will even end up as a challenge) :P
Last edited by Huza on Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Huza

Postby hack.jnz.8321 on Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:51 pm

Took me AGES to figure it out. I used my real hair (Yes, I dyed it orange) so I couldnt sew them on. x.x;

Ended up knitting actual buncovers. Was hilarious xD
hack.jnz.8321

Postby Huza on Mon Nov 16, 2009 8:02 pm

I have no idea what I'm gonna do! XD Ive thought of painting plastic bowls or something -yet i have no idea where the hell i would get these plastic bowls, and knowing my luck i will find them somewhere but they will be in an expensive cook shop!- however i could always buy some pre-made ones online, but that will waste monies and such, and i have no monies to begin with... Urrggh, it puzzles my brain!
Huza

Postby Mcnoddington on Mon Nov 16, 2009 9:13 pm

Good everning,
@ jnz, yeah i can be gintoki as much as i like i have the costume why not use it, also its very comfortable.
strawberry milk is awesome and it is very good at getting me to do stuff cake and ice cream also works!
As far as the Shinsengumi go i can possibly get you a: Kondo, Hijikata, and Okita. its funny there actuly like that in real life!
Bun covers, there are many choises, hers my surjestions -

Tenis balls, - cut them in half, stick string on for detail and paint them.
Polystyrene balls, - get them from craft shops paint and use hair clips to stick them on.
Paper mache, - im sure you know how to do this,
Attaching them, can use glue (hot glue), hair clips, hair band.

Any way Gintama is awesome needs more people
Mcnoddington

Postby Huza on Tue Nov 17, 2009 6:28 pm

You could do it for the strawberry ice-cream! and maybe Hijikata can do it for the mayonnaise! *nods head*
Plus your idea's are very good! I shall try them out, i can't believe i forgot about balls! (this is not meant to sound bad in anyway...) + paper mache shall come in very handy, since i also need to make the handle for the umbrella! -damn my perfectionismmm-
Yes, we do indeed need more cosplayers! Why is it so... unpopular? -i don't think thats the word I'm looking for- ...Underrated? Ahh, hopefully you get what i mean!
Huza

Postby Tundra on Wed Nov 18, 2009 7:22 am

Huza wrote:(this is not meant to sound bad in anyway...)

Come on, this is Gintama you're talking about :P It's MEANT to sound bad in EVERY way *grins*

I think it's underrated because it has no English dub, and lots of people are too lazy to read subtitles. Another reason it may because because lots of the jokes are based around the Japanese language? Or they can't stand the fact that the 'hero' doesn't follow the conventional rules of anime that seems to be currently locked on "I WANT TO BE STRONGARR!!!!!!!!111ONEONEONE
Tundra

Postby Huza on Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:56 pm

Hmm, i can semi-see why people would not want to watch Gintama for the references -i do admit i got pretty sick of reading them in that once episode with all the "new season" ideas- and if an english dub did come out, Gintama would become too popular! And for the hero stereotype, i suppose society wants a hero they can feel proud of, inspire towards and relate to.. Instead of one that lounges around, doesn't work hard and has a somewhat geeky traits? *resists the urge of waffling on about the media*
~ However people should just give Gintama a chance! Also another reason why it may be underrated is that it has no ongoing arc for more than 5 episodes? -you may prove me wrong on this point since i am only on episode 97! Though i am attempting to catch up...stooopid mocks!-
Huza

Postby Tundra on Fri Nov 20, 2009 7:20 am

*gasps* You have some of the best arcs coming up, my two favourites are the Shinsengumi Discord arc (also known as the Itou Arc) and the Yoshiwara arc.. *squee* aww man you're gonna love them. I cosplayed as Kagura's brother Kamui from the Yoshiwara arc in May, and I had so much fun meeting everyone in our little group!

Hmm, I think that an English dub may kill it, because so many jokes are language based, but it would be wonderful to have DVDs released over here.
Tundra

Postby Mcnoddington on Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:17 am

Good morning all,
yeah it is a shame more people dont watch gintama its not so well known here because it isnt advertised any where like HMV whitch have lots of Naruto and Bleach whitch every one knows about. and yeah the references do relate to othere anime and japan and most people wouldnt understand it but this is part of what makes gintama awesome.
The epesode you refer to wiht the many references would have been ep50 and sadly i didnt need the explanations i knew where they all came from as i have seen most anime. If it were to come out with an english dub i wouldnt watch it as it woulr ruin it for me i cant immagin the charicters with any other voices than there own, and americans suck at dubing.
Yes there are some good arc/epesodes comming up for you you better hurry up ant watch them!
October was awesome with our Gintama group althought we need more people it does increce in size every expo whitch is awesome! sadly we were lacking a shinpachi but ill try and talk my brother into it.
Mcnoddington

Postby Huza on Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:39 pm

In a way i'm pretty happy it isn't over advertised and over watched! Since it may become a bit too popular (for instance Naruto and Bleach) - but i actually use to watch Naruto and i currently have gone off Bleach, mostly due to me getting bored of the repetitiveness, episode twohundredsomethingteen... i can't believe i have watched that much! But it would be awesome to have some HQ episodes of pure epicness on DVD!
The thought of an American dub just makes me cringe! An American Gintoki.... *shudders*
Argghh i really need to catch up on Gintama it sounds awesome! Ive heard that the Yoshiwara arc is really good, he won't tell me anything, just keeps on persuading me to catch up! 8P

-Persuade your brother!!! We need a Shinpachi! We need some insertion of puns! *nods head*
Huza

Postby Huza on Tue Dec 15, 2009 5:25 pm

Sorry to double post~ But just like to let you know, i have updated the first post ^^
and..... due to pure boredom and the lack of motivation to do homework, i decided to start painting my Kagura umbrella purple today!
Huza

Postby Mcnoddington on Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:40 am

Good morning,

Ah double posting is fine I don’t mind, sorry I’ve not posted much recently I haven’t much to report mine and others are already finished, but its Christmas soon so I could always make some props like justaways, maybe a justtank that could be a little difficult. I do want to find the goggles Gintoki wears when on his bike and possibly a crash helmet too.
Have you cached up yet? Which episodes have you seen, there are some very good ones there, and I know I have all the HQ subs on my computer, well as many as there are out.
You don’t need to do your home work you need to do more cosplay and watch more anime its much much better for you!
There is still plenty of time before may and there is the midlands expo to go too as well, I’ll be there will you?

Also Merry gintmass!!
Mcnoddington

Postby Huza on Mon Dec 21, 2009 3:52 pm

Cosplay and anime is good! It can teach you creativity and things that maths and french can't!
I think you shared the same brainwave as me with the Justaways! I was planning on making a justaway, but then thoughts of "where do i put my money" and stuff overwhelmed me... and it was then, when i decided to make: the Justaflask... you could put your belongs inside or just some tea. Note: this probably won't come into existence as i will find a solution for the bag problem.
As for your Justtank i can imagine it would cause quite a few problems. I think the Neo Armstrong Jet Cyclone Cannon would cause the most! Especially with transportation... XD. Plus i don't know why, but i love halcyon goggles! They just look so cooolll, you could probably find some cheap ones on eBay!
And Unfortunately i seem to be stuck on episode 100 ~ This is mostly due to my nightmare internet! I normally torrent a bunch of episodes so i have them HQ, and i have up to 100, but because my internet hates me, my torrenting speed is a measly 2.0 kB/s... So i decided to try streaming episodes- but it takes ages to load!!! And when it finally does, half-way through watching it will stop and say its the end! How annoying...
As for the Midlands Expo, i doubt i will be able to go, mostly due to the distance and the fact my parents most likely won't allow it. But i shall try and convince!
And~~
Huza

Postby Tundra on Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:46 am

*psssst* Guys. Good news (sorta)! October theres a very very very high chance of you having at least 4 Gintama cosplayers on the Sunday ;) Hopefully we'll drag the lads into it as well :)
Tundra

Postby BakaBakaRangers on Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:47 am

I dunno what day it'll be, but I should be either doing Gintoki or preparing my Okita, most likely Gintoki. I still dunno what's going on with all my groups yet XDD
I will try and get there though *salutes*
BakaBakaRangers

Postby Huza on Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:25 pm

October sounds good! I shall hopefully be Kagura then aswell :3 Gintama cosplays UNITE! - & your day of choice is also very good on my behalf 8D -my friend and I are planning on maybe doing a Bioshock cosplay that Saturday!-
It sounds as if the Gintama group is slowly expanding! *cheesy gin* and there is also a possibility i may be going as Kagura on Sunday as well, depends on plans and stuff XD.
~BakaBakaRangers! *resists the urge to beg*...... I hate the whole planning/groups/deciding who to be thing! But it's quite fun at the same time XD, Anyhow it would be lovely if you could come as Gintoki or Okita C:
But for now, Huza signing off *salutes* ;)
Huza

Lol I'm Annoyed now XD

Postby CrissCrossStreet on Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:12 am

@ jnz - who're you doing this yr my love?
and I'm recalling whatcha said in oct, 'Give it some time, it'll catch on, then you'd be fedup of it' XD
can't get fedup of that samurai :))

@luke - Ohaithere... didn't think i'd be crashing into you here on this fine thread :P

@huza - I'm comming as Sakamoto on Saturday me thinks -_o and a mate of mine's doing ayame and/or zura :), again, saturday :)
lol i did elizabeth in oct though ... XD
Sat. May 2011
CrissCrossStreet

Postby Mcnoddington on Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:38 am

Good morning,
Hi CrissCross you should know by now im always around theses places, Gintama is awesome so I will be there.
For arranging groups last time worked well with the Gintama pick nick, bring some cake and sweets, ill bring the big hammer again for some hit wear rock paper scissors. It would be good to see if we can get some more pictures of every one, or like some live action stuff from the shows, and im sure you all have your favorite parts from the shows. What’s everyone’s favorite episode? – Mine well ill have to get back to you on that I need to narrow down the choices.
I (well my Hijikata friend) has an Elizabeth costume but we need some one to wear it, Hijikatais better off being Hijikata, ill see if I can find someone.
Me and my friend are looking into booking rooms for hotels already, we was probably goanna go for staying in the ibis hotel near by and the sooner you book the cheaper it is, any one else staying near by? or is it too early to have decided yet.
Mcnoddington

Postby hack.jnz.8321 on Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:47 am

Braaaa.

I'm in charge of the Soul Eater group for May, so no Gin Tama for meee =[ But, I will be on the lookout for random attacking :D

STAY IN IBIS :3 It's full of hospitable win :]
hack.jnz.8321

Postby Huza on Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:04 pm

I think we should definitely have a picnic! I can bring lots of cakes and junkk *grin* And a little Hit Wear Rock Paper Scissors tournie would be hilarious! C: We need to think of other random activities we can do aswell 8D. As for photo's I shall most certainly be bringing my camera and taking lots of photos of people and some funny reenactment stuff! Also for my favorite episode... I'm going to have to go with the one that got stuck in my head for AGES! But It's too hard choosing the funniest Gintama episode, they all tend to make me laugh... what a mean question XD, but anyhow for me (i think) it's episode 25 "Nabe is a miniature representation of life". The tension building was genius! Plus I shall not be staying in a hotel, Me and my friend will just take the train to London, tis pretty simple. 8P
@CCS: You were Elizabeth!!! How could I miss that :O! The only pictures I got from the expo in october of Gintama, was the group and a random Kagura I found, both pics were rubbish since I constantly seemed to be in a rush, Why? I can't remember :C
Huza

Postby CrissCrossStreet on Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:31 pm

lol if it helps.. i only wore it for like 20 mins :))
it was hawt in there >.<
and brilliant me didn't put any eye holes >.>

@luke - fair play :P
oiiiiii this time, BUY THE TICKETS FOR THE COSPLAY BALL!! :))
Don't forget >.<!
Sat. May 2011
CrissCrossStreet

Next

Return to COSPLAY & MASQUERADE @ EXPO