Gintama!

Discuss the UK's largest Masquerade event which takes place both days during the London MCM Expo.

Do you Cosplay? Then tell us what you like about the event we organise, what costumes you are wearing or how you feel we can improve Cosplaying at the London MCM Expo

Re: Gintama!

Postby Huza on Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:48 pm

Damn I wish I saw you! How did you navigate yourself around without being able to see!? :C Plus I can imagine how hot it must of been, and I have to ask, how on earth did you make the dome head!!?? 0.0 The thought seriously puzzles me. XD
Plus may I ask what exactly the cosplay ball is? I've never been before, I'm guessing its just like the normal expo, but with music...XD, Sorry for all the random questions! I just tend to type what pops into my head >.<
Edit: Whoo! Gintama, is officially on its 2nd page *pulls party popper*
Huza

Postby CrissCrossStreet on Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:45 pm

Lol
My mate cosplayed Zura... she held my hand throughout :)
The dome head was hard to do.. even i got stumped, Used my dad's exercising ball which is hugeeeee ( like this one http://www.iposture.com/images/pho_exercise_ball-abs-butt-one.jpg ) and paper-mached it a few times over half, took ages >.<. Took it off and reinforced it with chicken wire on the inside.
Took a black cloth and tacked it over the dome. then used a white one...
basically this is it in the end.. it's terrible I know XD
http://crisscrossstreet.deviantart.com/art/Elizabeth-Cosplay-Gintama-141253093

Cosplay Ball is basically a lil 'after party' XD i think you could call it, on the saturday night :) of course I havent seen tickets for it yet :/ it goes from 7pm-12 am I think...

don't worry bout asking too many questions :)
Sat. May 2011
CrissCrossStreet

Postby Tundra on Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:50 pm

Sakamoto= Win.

Ah man you guys are gonna have another awesome group ^^ I can't wait to come and say hi to you all again. I've missed you all!!!
Tundra

Postby Mcnoddington on Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:05 pm

Ah good evening !
Yeah yeah a party is always good ill bring some food again! And i will be Gintoki!
To make my version of Elizabeth I used maths and forked out the curvature and braoke it down into 8 section cut them the special shapes and sewed them together, then used a funny hat with a dome frame attached.
Maybe i will remember to go to the Coplay ball this time sounds quite good i could even ask the others if they wanna come.
Sakamoto! That’s a good idea! I haven’t seen him yet need to get more and more people to do gimtama hopefully there may be more.
Mcnoddington

Postby CrissCrossStreet on Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:17 pm

rob and i're arguing.. apparently he wanted to do sakamoto.. but i can't change it
it's rly hard to cosplay gintama chars with my skin tone :)) pruple/blonde/red hair looks weird with brown skin ^^'
Sat. May 2011
CrissCrossStreet

Postby Huza on Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:20 pm

The picnic is in full swing! C: I have to say I am also pretty excited seeing a Sakamoto, since he has to be one of my favorite characters XD. His optimism and laugh, make me well.. laugh! In my opinion whoever wants to tackle an Elizabeth cosplay is very creative! I could never of thought up any of these things :S

@CrissCrossStreet - Honestly I think you Ellie is very good! If i tried it, it would be a white Mr. Blobby. So I think you have done an amazing job! *grin* And I think your gonna make an awesome Sakamoto!!!
I have to say, I am very looking forward to meeting all you people! I think this is one of the reasons I love the expo, people, pocky, games, stuffff... C:
Huza

Postby CrissCrossStreet on Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:32 pm

lol you soo remind me of me for my first expo XD and when i was organizing this gintama group last oct :))
i'm actually pretty stoked as well :D
Sat. May 2011
CrissCrossStreet

Postby Huza on Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:55 pm

Hehe, I'm just trying to make this next expo more fun than the previous ones! XD Well for me and my friend.. *story mode* The first time we came to the expo was Oct '08, It was our first time ever cosplaying and going to a con, and we thought it was amazing. Literally amazing. So we came back in May all excited and stuff, and it was good, but not as good as the 1st time. Since then each expo seemed to decrease in fun. But we have pretty much realized why that is now C: For example: Same costume and sick of it for the past 3 expo's, Props restricting what we do, Not really socializing with everyone, Not participating in games due to our cosplays, Not living the moment!!!
And other stuff, but i kind of need to stop rambling on! >.< Anyhow my friend was the one who got me into Gintama, He said that I would love it! (and i do :3) and that my personality fits perfectly with Kagura (I think it does :S). Anyhow we thought these characters fitted us perfectly. *Skip to the end* So we are doing everything we desire and stuff (being more ourselves I suppose, I'm guessing we were a bit shy XD).
TO STAY ON TOPIC: I shall bring lots of cakes, junk, and food (but I may also buy some noodles from Chozen) for the picnic, and does anyone have any ideas for Gintamagames? C:
Huza

Postby the_chobits_muse on Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:08 pm

CrissCrossStreet wrote:rob and i're arguing.. apparently he wanted to do sakamoto.. but i can't change it
it's rly hard to cosplay gintama chars with my skin tone :)) pruple/blonde/red hair looks weird with brown skin ^^'

stop stealing my thoughts! im going as sakamoto >:}
the_chobits_muse

Postby Huza on Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:16 pm

2 Sakamoto's! I have to say this group is getting awesomer by the minute! C:
Huza

Postby xx-Yaoi-Love-xx on Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:28 pm

My mum is going as Gintoki on the Saturday, srsly. She probably won't come on this forum so you can add her if you like XD My mum is crazy so she'll probably be grateful to meet some other Gintama fans like herself. XD XD
Byakuran - KHR! & Kaoru Hitachiin - OHSHC
xx-Yaoi-Love-xx

Postby Huza on Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:56 pm

Wow. I wish my family liked manga and anime! That is seriously awesome! :D
Huza

Postby Chaplain Meliadus on Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:07 pm

I don't know whether to be Hijikata again. I'm kinda taken with the idea of going as Elizabeth again.

Or, if I can find a Katsuo, I'll turn her into Eluigibeth :D
Chaplain Meliadus

Postby Mcnoddington on Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:13 pm

Ah good morning,
Its nice to finally see you around here Hirakata, welcome. I was thinking i would like to see the Elizabeth again see if we cant make some improvements!
Mcnoddington

Postby Huza on Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:28 pm

You know you want to be Hijikata/Elizabeth!!! *nods* Personally I find it a bit of a hard decision! Elizabeth and Hijikata are both too immense in their own way 8O! But I think I am a bit swayed towards Elizabeth, the thought of a giant duck is just, just... brilliant. C8
Huza

Postby Chaplain Meliadus on Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:37 pm

My main thoughts against Hijikata is how... goofy he seems in recent episodes.

And Noddy, I think the eyes need re-doing, but I'll talk to you about it when I see you.
Chaplain Meliadus

Postby Huza on Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:37 pm

I don't really know about the recent episodes >damn youuu internet!< but maybe it's best to go as Elizabeth if your currently not liking the way he acts, but you never know he could become ungoofy in the next couple of episodes?
As for progress...
My umbrella is officially down the drain, since I have kind of, well... killed it. The whole paint the umbrella purple kind of thing, just doesn't work. So after much thought and quick googling, I have found a perfect one for a fiver! Which I think is a rather good bargain, considering how much I payed for my other one.
*thumbs up*
Is there anychance anyone has any progress? I know It's early and stuff, but you never know. I'm personally trying to get stuff out the way with before I hit the revision frenzy for exams! :C
Huza

Postby CrissCrossStreet on Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:18 pm

lol tell rob he can do sakamoto :P
i'm cosplaying from gintama on sat.. but it's a surprise ;)
Sat. May 2011
CrissCrossStreet

Postby CrissCrossStreet on Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:19 pm

hmmmm progress?
I hash exams..
so
no
:)
I'm buying mines sadly ^^'
Sat. May 2011
CrissCrossStreet

Postby CrissCrossStreet on Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:24 pm

BTW
HEY CHRIS!
HEY ROB!
i stepped down as sakamoto :P
Sat. May 2011
CrissCrossStreet

Postby CrissCrossStreet on Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:27 pm

Again.. cuz i just like to spam this board...

FRICK FRICK FRICK FRICK!
I hate dieting XD
pshhhhhhhh
it's for a good cause
it's for a good cause >.<

*cosplay* xD
Sat. May 2011
CrissCrossStreet

Postby Tundra on Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:27 am

Good cause!!! *flying glomps* Mwah ha ha!!! :lol:

From what I remember of you, you really don't have a lot to loose *cocks head on one side*. I thought you had a lovely figure personally...

And. HOORAY FOR SURPRISE COSPLAY :DDDDD
Tundra

Postby Mcnoddington on Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:00 am

Good morning,
Crisscross couldn’t you have just made one post *sigh*, well surprises are good i just wonder how long you can keep this secret to yourself, it’s like 4 months you’ll be dieing to tell someone how awesome your cosplay is!
As far as my cosplay goes it finished already but I could always find a picture of it and post for you all to see, I’m still looking for some goggles and does anyone have a yellow hard hat, i have the mallet.
Im sure you don’t need to diet, you should try mine; cake, sweets, biscuits, meat, and strawberry milk - all of the 5 major food groups!
Mcnoddington

Postby Huza on Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:12 pm

a SURPRISE! *grins* Thats so cool!!!, My mind is officially scanning all characters that come to mind! Ohhhh how i hate but love surprises XD. Plus for dieting, I have to say it is a pain and a half, and like Mcnodd, i kinda just eat whatever i want C: Which is rather nice... but i do a bit of exercise to burn it off, but not much, since i do enjoy being lazy! 8P.
As for le helmet. I might be able to get a cheap one, if no-one owns a yellowthingthatremindsmeoftheearlylearningcenterforsomeprofoundreason, I'm pretty sure they're cheap and stuff! *worries*, AND... RQ: Has anyone ever tried Sukonbu/ever wanted too?.. The reason why i ask this is mostly because my friend said they sell it cheap in Muji! -and i kind of was thinking if i should buy some for lols for at the expo? Ive personally heard its worst than Toxic Waste (if anyone knows what those sweets are)!
Huza

Postby CrissCrossStreet on Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:36 pm

pshhhhhhhhhhhh

@tundra - you're so sweet I swear XD

@luke - one post is one post
many posts are what i do :)
XD
and character I'm playing, me thinks I may has to diet xD luz if i wanna cosplay lag seeing... it must be done >.>
and.. let's just say my mate is annoyed at how much I cant keep this to myself XD everyday i keep ranting bout it to her... XD
if i DO manage to hold it in for so long... you owe me a box a pocky xP

@Huza - Had sukonbu before :) though this one was flavored.. so i rly wanna try the original :D
If anyone wants dango, I can get me hands on some ^^
Sat. May 2011
CrissCrossStreet

PreviousNext

Return to COSPLAY & MASQUERADE @ EXPO