Left 4 Dead/2

Discuss the UK's largest Masquerade event which takes place both days during the London MCM Expo.

Do you Cosplay? Then tell us what you like about the event we organise, what costumes you are wearing or how you feel we can improve Cosplaying at the London MCM Expo

Re: Left 4 Dead/2

Postby Kylmar on Mon May 24, 2010 9:40 pm

Eva-Beato wrote:you just apply it with a sponge or something damp and it takes literally seconds to dry and remain on the skin.

You've given me a good idea of how to do Ellis' tattoo. D:

Eva-Beato wrote:Ellis will get many rapes..

:shock:

Andatariel wrote:I think I can safely say we don't want to be jumped on without warning though but if you wanna come over and get photo's with us you'd be more than welcome.

Same here.
Kylmar

Postby Stephieanna on Tue May 25, 2010 12:02 pm

Kyle, i think she meant rapes by Sticky =B
Stephieanna

Postby Andatariel on Tue May 25, 2010 8:55 pm

Kylmar wrote:
Andatariel wrote:I think I can safely say we don't want to be jumped on without warning though but if you wanna come over and get photo's with us you'd be more than welcome.

Same here.

Being jumped on out of the blue tends to provoke a violent reaction from me as I don't like it, or it knocks me over as I'm only short...
Andatariel

Postby Kylmar on Tue May 25, 2010 9:18 pm

Stephieanna wrote:Kyle, i think she meant rapes by Sticky =B

Oh, well I knew THAT was coming. :P

Andatariel wrote:
Kylmar wrote:

Same here.

Being jumped on out of the blue tends to provoke a violent reaction from me as I don't like it, or it knocks me over as I'm only short...

I can't imagine anybody not getting annoyed by being jumped like that.

Oh and BTW, I've filled my pills bottle with Skittles which I will be sharing throughout the expo. :D
Kylmar

Postby Stephieanna on Tue May 25, 2010 9:22 pm

damn right you knew that was coming Kyle~ xDDDD afterall, i wanna do some hunter shots where shes 'attacking' Ellis =B
Stephieanna

Postby Andatariel on Tue May 25, 2010 10:42 pm

Kylmar wrote:I can't imagine anybody not getting annoyed by being jumped like that.

Oh and BTW, I've filled my pills bottle with Skittles which I will be sharing throughout the expo. :D

Yeah unfortunately I've been glomped at Expo before and it's not pleasent.
I have a feeling I'd be more angry if some idiot jumps on and injures my Ellis than if they get me though.
Andatariel

Postby Kylmar on Tue May 25, 2010 11:32 pm

Okay, I'm having some trouble with the tattoo. Initially, I was gonna cut out a stencil in card, cut it out, apply it to my arm and sponge on with blue body paint. The problem was when I tried wrapping the card stencil around my arm. 1) The were parts of the stencil sticking out, 2) card is not the most flexible of materials. So I need to try and figure out how to make a stencil that will fit around my arm. Any suggestions?
Kylmar

Postby Kylmar on Wed May 26, 2010 3:52 am

So I came up with an idea. I used a package, like the one some companies ship games and DVDs in, and I cut the design into it, opened the bottom to make it into a tube, put it up my arm and put on the body paint.

Here's the result.

Messy? Yes. Inaccurate? Boy, is it. Do I give a .?...kinda, but it's late, and I can't be arsed anymore.
Kylmar

Postby Andatariel on Wed May 26, 2010 6:12 am

Kylmar wrote:Okay, I'm having some trouble with the tattoo. Initially, I was gonna cut out a stencil in card, cut it out, apply it to my arm and sponge on with blue body paint. The problem was when I tried wrapping the card stencil around my arm. 1) The were parts of the stencil sticking out, 2) card is not the most flexible of materials. So I need to try and figure out how to make a stencil that will fit around my arm. Any suggestions?

Have you got anyone who could help you put it on? It might make less mess that way.
Something that actually sticks to the skin might be sensible but then you could rip out your arm hairs and that's never nice.
I'd reccommend asking somebody else to help and actually paint it on, I'd offer because I'll have practiced on my Ellis but I'm being dragged off to Camden on Sunday :c
Andatariel

Postby Stephieanna on Wed May 26, 2010 8:10 am

id help you out by painting it onto your arm if you want, Kyle. So its got the shape of Ellis' tatoo. But youd have to wait till like 10.30am(till i get there) if thats okay?
Stephieanna

Postby mavern on Wed May 26, 2010 9:25 am

You could bypass painting onto your arm entirely if you paint it backwards onto a nonabsorbant surface first and then press it onto your arm. I've only done similar things using ink, though, so I'm not sure how body paint would fare for smudging during application and you'd probably still need another person to make sure it was aligned properly/didn't crease.

Alternatively, if you have any sticker paper lying around, give that a go. It's not tacky enough to be painful when you pull it off and I don't think it'd bleed around the edges.
mavern

Postby miiol on Wed May 26, 2010 12:03 pm

@Kylmar:I don't know if you can ask them to send it next day delivery or something but what we did for my group's Ellis was print out the tattoo on inkjet tattoo paper. I've done this before for Nana - you just peel it off the backing, stick it on your arm and it can only be removed by scrubbing it off/peeling it off carefully. It's unlike that cheap tattoo paper kids put on with water. It's really good! Here's a link:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0226103911

Otherwise I'd recommend just making the stencil out of paper and using a pritt stick to temp. stick it to your arm - it'll stay on long enough for you to dab on the blue paint and then just peel off. :) Just spray some fixative over the top and it won't run/sweat off.

Andatariel wrote:
Kylmar wrote:I can't imagine anybody not getting annoyed by being jumped like that.

Yeah unfortunately I've been glomped at Expo before and it's not pleasent.
I have a feeling I'd be more angry if some idiot jumps on and injures my Ellis than if they get me though.
I'm jumping on the no glomping/no "jumping on" and attacking me bandwagon haha. Even though I'm covered in foam and padding as my Coach fat suit... just don't jump on me! I'm deaf so I won't hear if you shout behind me as a warning or whatever, I need to lip read.

Woo for pills! I've got jelly beans as pills and Coach's emergency chocolate in my medipack so feel free to stop me for snacks XD And Coach is totally finished now, even put on the sweat stains hahaha. Looking forward to seeing you all at expo now!
miiol

Postby Scrue on Wed May 26, 2010 12:09 pm

Got my hunter done, just need to find out how to link pictures on the forum...

any helpers? :D
Scrue

Postby Stephieanna on Wed May 26, 2010 1:50 pm

Scrue wrote:Got my hunter done, just need to find out how to link pictures on the forum...

i use photobucket. you upload your images and then you can use the image links on there. all you do is copy the text and paste it into this box =B
Stephieanna

Postby Scrue on Wed May 26, 2010 1:55 pm

Stephieanna wrote:
Scrue wrote:Got my hunter done, just need to find out how to link pictures on the forum...

i use photobucket. you upload your images and then you can use the image links on there. all you do is copy the text and paste it into this box =B

Thanks, here goes:
Scrue

Postby Kylmar on Wed May 26, 2010 8:16 pm

Andatariel wrote:Have you got anyone who could help you put it on? It might make less mess that way.

I will have a friend staying with me, he could help me put in on.

miiol wrote:@Kylmar:I don't know if you can ask them to send it next day delivery or something but what we did for my group's Ellis was print out the tattoo on inkjet tattoo paper. I've done this before for Nana - you just peel it off the backing, stick it on your arm and it can only be removed by scrubbing it off/peeling it off carefully. It's unlike that cheap tattoo paper kids put on with water. It's really good! Here's a link:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0226103911

Otherwise I'd recommend just making the stencil out of paper and using a pritt stick to temp. stick it to your arm - it'll stay on long enough for you to dab on the blue paint and then just peel off. :) Just spray some fixative over the top and it won't run/sweat off.

Yeah, I've thought about tattoo paper but it seems too expensive to me. Plus I really don't have the time to order new stuff.

Stephieanna wrote:id help you out by painting it onto your arm if you want, Kyle. So its got the shape of Ellis' tatoo. But youd have to wait till like 10.30am(till i get there) if thats okay?

Nah, that's okay, as I said I have a mate that could do it.
Kylmar

Postby Kylmar on Fri May 28, 2010 3:11 pm

Right, we need a time and place to meet. 12pm outside the center on sunday. That okay for you guys?
Kylmar

Postby razor002 on Fri May 28, 2010 5:39 pm

I think thats cool with me and my mates. Can't wait =D
razor002

Postby Kylmar on Fri May 28, 2010 7:37 pm

BTW, what are you guys doing tonight?
Kylmar

Postby Eva-Beato on Sat May 29, 2010 4:38 pm

Where outside the expo?
I want to be absolutely sure where I'm going tomorrow- cause our umineko meet-up totally failed today DX
Well, I didn't see many witches so I wont be too hard to find.
Can't wait see you all there!
Eva-Beato

Postby mavern on Sat May 29, 2010 4:50 pm

I most likely won't be able to make the meet itself as I'll be in TF2 getup at 12, but if I see you guys later on as Hunter we should definitely partake in photographic shenanigans. c:
mavern

Postby Kylmar on Sat May 29, 2010 6:19 pm

Wow, there were a lot of Hunters and Ellises today. :0 I even saw a Louis and Bill, but they said they weren't cosplaying tomorrow, unfortunately.
Kylmar

Postby mavern on Sun May 30, 2010 9:03 pm

Only got the one photo with any of you guys. :< My hoodie is doing something hopelessly retarded there.

mavern

Postby razor002 on Sun May 30, 2010 11:19 pm

Sorry we didnt make the meet :( but i have this one we took inside. Was such a fun weekend =]
razor002

Postby Kylmar on Sun May 30, 2010 11:26 pm

razor002 wrote:Sorry we didnt make the meet :( but i have this one we took inside. Was such a fun weekend =]

I was disappointed you guys weren't there, you missed an awesome gathering.
Kylmar

PreviousNext

Return to COSPLAY & MASQUERADE @ EXPO