Did anyone get mistaken for a different Cosplay?

Discuss the UK's largest Masquerade event which takes place both days during the London MCM Expo.

Do you Cosplay? Then tell us what you like about the event we organise, what costumes you are wearing or how you feel we can improve Cosplaying at the London MCM Expo

Re: Did anyone get mistaken for a different Cosplay?

Postby PandoraCaitiff on Fri Jun 04, 2010 1:04 pm

flyingaline wrote:I was cosplaying as Belarus from Hetalia, and someone asked me if I was Alice from Alice in Wonderland xD

I was worried I was going to get that too, but amazingly I didn't (as far as I know!) I think I might have mistaken a Prussia Hetalian for a German one. And I annoyed someone in a blue and white habit by mistaking them for Guilty Gear's Bridget :oops:
Pugna vox
PandoraCaitiff

Postby SephNoir on Fri Jun 04, 2010 1:32 pm

Quite a few people thought my costume was from Trinity Blood. It's actually from the XBox game NinetyNine Nights but she's a non-playable character so even people who know the game don't always recognise her! >< It's always a problem when doing lesser known costumes, but it makes it even better when people do recognise it and are happy to see it!

@BakedStitches
I absolutely loved seeing your Caterpie! <3 I was so annoyed I didn't have my camera with me so I probably just looked like an idiot grinning at you. ><
SephNoir

Postby StumpyMcN0Legs on Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:54 pm

Every one kept on Msitaking me for Ezio From Assassins Creed 2 When i was Altair from the first Assassins Creed

*i know the Decrotave bit is fir the other arm but it fitted better on my right*
Taking The Path Less Traveld Is The Road To Enlightenment
StumpyMcN0Legs

Postby frey-chan on Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:05 pm

I got mistaken for a white mage.
A. White. Mage.
Motoko Kusanagi - LONDON EXPO OCT 2010
frey-chan

Postby LekLek on Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:32 am

I got asked if I was lady gaga twice
LekLek

Postby fadedhowl on Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:27 pm

psycho-tsundere wrote:
fadedhowl wrote:This Year, I Cosplayed as Riku Harada from DN angel, litterally NOONE knew who i was or even who i possibly was! just because they hadn't read the manga or seen th anime xD they just thought i was cosplaying as a random school girl with red hair xD

Same happened to me XD I was a different character, but seriously no one knew who I was!
There must have been SOMEONE there who recognised our characters but just didn't say anything >_>

tell me bout it :/ i think one or two people actually knew? and that was it xD
fadedhowl

Postby kittydobson on Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:23 am

i got asked a couple of times whether i was Silk Spectre I or II. I was Kitty Pryde...
kittydobson

Postby Posscat on Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:40 am

Got asked if I was Allen from D Gray Man when I was Pluto from Kuroshitsuji. Understandable.
Posscat

Postby Tune_in_Tokyo on Sun Sep 26, 2010 12:43 pm

I asked a random guy who was talking to my brother for a bit if he knew who I was. He thought I was Alyx Vance...I was Jade from Beyond Good and Evil. I mean sure, they both wear bandanas, but they look nothing alike o.0

I set out to count how many (epic win) people actually knew who I was. Result? 10.
Oct Expo tbc
Tune_in_Tokyo

Postby loveliesbleeding on Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:26 am

Well with oct expo, four people thought I was Pernelo from final 12...I was so annoyed I looked nothing like her, just because I was wearing yellow if you dont know who it is then dont bloody well say anything.
loveliesbleeding

Previous

Return to COSPLAY & MASQUERADE @ EXPO