WRISTBAND ENTRY FOR WEEKEND TICKETS

This is where any guests attending the event are announced. Chat about anything to do with the event that does not fit into the other categories. Dont forget to visit the main website at http://www.londonexpo.com for updates also

Re: WRISTBAND ENTRY FOR WEEKEND TICKETS

Postby Admin on Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:19 pm

If you are on site and taking part in activities you will need to have a valid wristband, this will be checked by security on site.
Admin
Site Admin

Postby Moondoggie on Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:48 pm

Rikk Malice wrote:Great idea, though I have one question.

I plan on wearing a morph-suit as part of my cosplay for a universal black skin-tone for my Anti-Sora. As you are saying by removing these wristbands or stretching them in any way will void them, would this mean I would have to wear my morph-suit the ENTIRE weekend? Cause I'm sure this is gonna be pretty difficult to take off without damaging said wristband. Any thought's on this people?

-Rikk

When you have your wristband put on you could ask them to put it on slightly loose so you can slide your suit on and off without damaging the wristband itself the plastic wristbands tend to have adjustable straps so they could give you some slack not enough to physically take it off because that would defeat the point of having a wristband but enough for you to manuvre in and out of your outfit.

Or a more practical idea. Make a cut in your morph suit at one of the wrists so you can slide it off at the hand like a glove and have your wrist strap put on your skin then slide the suit back over. If asked you can then slide the glove down to show your wristband and it will remain on your arm allowing you to remove the suit.
Moondoggie

Postby Rikk Malice on Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:42 pm

Moondoggie wrote:

I plan on wearing a morph-suit as part of my cosplay for a universal black skin-tone for my Anti-Sora. As you are saying by removing these wristbands or stretching them in any way will void them, would this mean I would have to wear my morph-suit the ENTIRE weekend? Cause I'm sure this is gonna be pretty difficult to take off without damaging said wristband. Any thought's on this people?

-Rikk

When you have your wristband put on you could ask them to put it on slightly loose so you can slide your suit on and off without damaging the wristband itself the plastic wristbands tend to have adjustable straps so they could give you some slack not enough to physically take it off because that would defeat the point of having a wristband but enough for you to manuvre in and out of your outfit.

Or a more practical idea. Make a cut in your morph suit at one of the wrists so you can slide it off at the hand like a glove and have your wrist strap put on your skin then slide the suit back over. If asked you can then slide the glove down to show your wristband and it will remain on your arm allowing you to remove the suit.

Thanks for this idea - saved my cosplay and more importantly my lack of money! =]
Rikk Malice

Postby Granny Gertrude on Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:17 pm

I know some photographers had small bits of flesh coloured tights you could slip over the bands while having you photo taken, which I though was ingenious.
Joe 'Granny Gertrude' Sutton
Cosplay @ Expo
www.facebook.com/grannygertrude
Granny Gertrude
Board Moderator

Postby Freyarule on Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:18 pm

Moondoggie wrote:

-Rikk

Thankyou for this idea :) I too am wearing a zentai suit but on the saturday, so I thought it'd be hard and awkward having to put the zentai suit over the wristband (going friday and wearing normal clothes that day) but now I don't have to worry too much :D
Oct13 - Gou-chan/IceClimber/RainCard
Freyarule

Postby EspadaLewis on Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:57 am

Lol when this idea was brought up was the comfortability and flexibility of the actual people who would be wearing the wristbands thought of?
To me it seems the idea of the wristbands focuses more on how attendees can't bind a way around the system or cheat it rather than whether they are efficient for ALL people and cosplays. xD

Cus honestly, I see several problems arising for certain cosplays :S
EspadaLewis

Postby Granny Gertrude on Thu Oct 28, 2010 6:45 am

I'd imagine the number of people moaning that they wanted to have one wristband all weekend and just queue for it the once had some influence too rather than just preventing 'cheating the system'. One person's request just always seems to be another's problem ^_^;
Joe 'Granny Gertrude' Sutton
Cosplay @ Expo
www.facebook.com/grannygertrude
Granny Gertrude
Board Moderator

Postby Alyx on Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:42 am

I'm not going to be able to get my costume off...
Alyx

Postby Timelord81r on Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:05 pm

what are the various queue lines?
pre booked and on the day seperate and thats it? does the queue seperate inside if u have your wrist band for example?

will photo shoot tickets be on sale friday night?

will we ever know before the event what photoshoots are avaliable?

thanks

R
Timelord81r

Postby kyothekat on Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:17 pm

personally, its a great idea... but possibly need to rethink some parts of this idea, i think most people in cosplay arnt the ones who ruined it, rather the ones who are not in cosplay or there for the event, but rather to cause disturbances int he halls.

as for the not bein able to get out of the cosutme thing... yes this may be a problem for many, one of them bein my father who is in a full fur suit which is very similar to the zentai suits. he has thick foam around his wrists, so fingers crosed they can either use 2 bands or stretch one around it, as there is no other way for him to wear a band and still be able to have it on show and still be able to get out of the costume... same to go with mine... i will have my arms completely covered and unfortunately i wont be able to cut anything to show my wrist underneath.... i think we may be able to sort this out on the day, but it seems a fantastic idea to have PLASTIC bands.... but maybe needed to think of peeps in full suits, mascot suits and fursuits.

kimi x
~KpopKimi~
kyothekat

Postby EspadaLewis on Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:07 pm

Granny Gertrude wrote:I'd imagine the number of people moaning that they wanted to have one wristband all weekend and just queue for it the once had some influence too rather than just preventing 'cheating the system'. One person's request just always seems to be another's problem ^_^;

Well you say that MCM have tried a way to gather in our ideas and use them well to get in faster and prevent lining up, but then i was talking about how flexible the wristbands should be. Lol With that info it's now changed to the wristbands were thought more on security and speed.

Wristbands = Speed, Security and Flexibility
Equal thought about each one to make it as efficient as possible
Flexibility was the one that didn't matter too much xD
EspadaLewis

Postby PandoraCaitiff on Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:47 pm

If the new weekend-long wristbands are plastic and durable, can you PLEASE instruct the staff putting them on to be careful when attaching them and allow for some leeway? Like a finger's width between skin and plastic (as used for safe collar-play). Last year the paper band nearly cut off my circulation when I flexed the wrong muscles :cry:
Pugna vox
PandoraCaitiff

Postby shalimar on Sun Oct 31, 2010 3:51 pm

Admin-2 wrote:The advantage is that you will only need to be processed ONCE. So if you scan in on Friday and get your wristband you do NOT have to Scan Saturday or Sunday. However if you want get in around 9am you will have to join the line in the queing hall. There will be a bypass lane for people with wristbands so they do NOT scan again.

For me, this was one of the things that worked.

I arrived on the Friday around 3-ish and didn't have to queue at all to get a wristband.

Saturday I arrived at about 10:15am-ish. Having already accquired a wristband, there was no queuing and I was able to just go straight in. This time back in May I had to wait nearly an hour despite having an early entry ticket, so I feel that time was saved with this.

I hope it's like this next year.
shalimar

Postby Kaiyu on Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:08 pm

Can I just say that I actually really liked the weekend wristbands! I didn't know about them before, but it was a really nice surprise to get there and be given a nice sturdy plastic wristband, that I am still wearing. The fact that this also ment we didnt have to que for so long on the sunday to get in was brilliant!
I was wearing a fairly basic cosplay with easily rolled up sleaves, but come on, where there's a will there's a way - an you can always ask the guys putting them on to make them tighter or looser to begin with which is what i did, so that it wouldn't slip off my skinny wrist~
But yeah I thought they were a great idea that worked well as far as I could tell.
Kaiyu

Postby Izzi-chan on Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:57 pm

Yeah, also just chiming in to say a big thank you for this idea. It's really great that you are finding ways to reward those of us that pay loyally for the whole of expo every time.
Friday access, Weekend Wristbands and T-shirts are easily the best ideas that expo has had the entire time i've been attending, and my group all agreed. They made our weekend so much more pleasant.
As we said in a lot of detail in the Novotel reception this morning, keep up the good work; we really hope that complaints from people who don't pay and aren't prepared to put the time in don't stop fantastic things like these happening.
Thanks.
Izzi-chan

Postby Moondoggie on Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:07 pm

The weekend wristbands were very helpfull and basically killed off any Queuing to get in for me just had to queue on the Friday for a lil bit then Saturday and Sunday was really quick getting in and the wristband lasted all weekend so saved congestion each day. Hopefully they'll keep this idea now since it's more effective than what i hear was the old way of doing things.
Moondoggie

Postby Lady Bahamut on Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:31 pm

Just to let you know (although I didn't actually attempt this untill I was traveling home on Sunday after the expo) I could actually wiggle the wristband off my wrist and get it back on. This is probably only because I am stupidly skinny, but it's just something for you to think about for next time ;)
Oct
Syaoran - CardcaptorSakura
Lady Bahamut

Postby Admin on Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:45 pm

Lady Bahamut wrote:Just to let you know (although I didn't actually attempt this untill I was traveling home on Sunday after the expo) I could actually wiggle the wristband off my wrist and get it back on. This is probably only because I am stupidly skinny, but it's just something for you to think about for next time ;)

Thanks for highlighting this, we will make sure they are put on a little tighter next time :)

Glad everyone liked the idea and made things easier
Admin
Site Admin

Postby TurkFox on Thu Nov 04, 2010 12:57 pm

I'm another one with a really loose wristband - I have tiny wrists and was a bit surprised at just how loose my band was. I found it danced around just under my thumb for most of the time, but by the time I'd got fed up of it, I was leaving to go to something in central London so I didn't bother to fix it.
TurkFox

Postby ElleEctricity on Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:46 pm

I'm another supporter of the wristbands. Got there on the Friday evening, had my ticket scanned, given a wristband and was able to walk straight into all 3 days without queuing (which from the looks of the line took a while!). Sooo much easier than having to queue up for each day, so hopefully you'll stick with that system :)

But yeah, i'm another one who could take her wristband off. I actually took it off each night to go to sleep then slipped it on in the morning after putting on my costume :P I can understand why you're not keen on the idea of them being too loose, but be careful not to make them too tight either, because that would be a real downer having to wear it all weekend. Ouch.
ElleEctricity

Postby Narlth on Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:10 pm

Yes the plastic bands definatly worked well, but mine was quiet tight and I found that it would start to get uncomfortable after a few hours of wear, so in future they could get people to hold one or two fingers on their wrist, and put the band over it so it has some movement but not to much.
Narlth

Postby Admin on Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:19 pm

If there is a finger space under the band, it means that people will try to remove them, as has been proved by posts we have come across elsewhere.

People feel the need to try and beat the system.
Admin
Site Admin

Postby Archer on Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:26 pm

Just to say i though the wristband ideas were really good :D Like quite a few people, i arrived on friday and got mine and then this meant that queing time was minimal on the other two days ^_^
Archer

Previous

Return to GENERAL CHAT