WRISTBAND ENTRY FOR WEEKEND TICKETS

This is where any guests attending the event are announced. Chat about anything to do with the event that does not fit into the other categories. Dont forget to visit the main website at http://www.londonexpo.com for updates also

WRISTBAND ENTRY FOR WEEKEND TICKETS

Postby Admin-2 on Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:40 pm

There is change to the system for this MCM Expo.

If you have a WEEKEND TICKET you will get a PLASTIC wristband. Which you MUST wear for the days you are attending the show.

The advantage is that you will only need to be processed ONCE. So if you scan in on Friday and get your wristband you do NOT have to Scan Saturday or Sunday. However if you want get in around 9am you will have to join the line in the queing hall. There will be a bypass lane for people with wristbands so they do NOT scan again.

PLEASE PLEASE NOTE, if you remove, rip, streach, or break the seal of your wristband you will be asked to purchase another at FULL price.

There will be random check all day each day to ensure that people do not attempt to abuse the system.

We do think this will speed up processing and entry for everyone.
London MCM Expo - Admin~2
Admin-2
Site Admin

Re: WRISTBAND ENTRY FOR WEEKEND TICKETS

Postby KajiDaigoji on Tue Oct 26, 2010 6:39 am

Question:
What if you want to take off the wristband at the end of the expo, say its the end of friday, I have just finished watching the eagle awards and are now back in my hotel, home whatever. After a long friday of fun I want to have a shower, but I am scared of water damage to my plastic wristband (It could happen). Would taking my plastic wristband off after expo hours be infinging on the plastic wristband agreement?

If I take it off and put it back on Saturday morning would I not be allowed in and made to buy another one?
KajiDaigoji

Postby shalimar on Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:30 am

Interesting, and a good idea that'll hopefully reduce queuing times!

KajiDaigoji wrote:Would taking my plastic wristband off after expo hours be infinging on the plastic wristband agreement?

If I take it off and put it back on Saturday morning would I not be allowed in and made to buy another one?

Well since the Admin says...

Admin-2 wrote:PLEASE PLEASE NOTE, if you remove, rip, streach, or break the seal of your wristband you will be asked to purchase another at FULL price.

I'm guessing that if it's removed you would have to rejoin the queue, where upon your weekend e-ticket would be scanned again. The scary bit appears to be that upon scanning they'll probably realise that they already issued you a wristband, so instead of them just giving you another one, you'll have to pay for it! :o
shalimar

Postby Warai Otoko on Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:52 am

Weekend Wristband.

1 - Is this removable?

2 - When is the latest I can get my weekend wristband on the friday, should I find myself running late.

3 - May I get my weekend wristband on saturday?

Many thanks

~Warai Otoko
Kimi wa kogara dakara, moshi itakattara itte ne.
Warai Otoko

Postby thanty on Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:33 pm

Admin-2 wrote:There is change to the system for this MCM Expo.

If you have a WEEKEND TICKET you will get a PLASTIC wristband. Which you MUST wear for the days you are attending the show.

PLEASE PLEASE NOTE, if you remove, rip, streach, or break the seal of your wristband you will be asked to purchase another at FULL price.

soo if you removed the wristband on saturday, you have to buy a ticket for sunday?even though you have a weekend ticket?
thanty

Postby shalimar on Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:35 pm

thanty wrote:soo if you removed the wristband on saturday, you have to buy a ticket for sunday?even though you have a weekend ticket?

I guess this might be the way it goes down.

If it is, it doesn't really sound very fair. But it's probably to stop people giving their weekend tickets away to others, and then using them to gain 'free' entry on another day... in which case I can understand.
shalimar

Postby Admin on Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:46 pm

KajiDaigoji wrote:Question:
What if you want to take off the wristband at the end of the expo, say its the end of friday, I have just finished watching the eagle awards and are now back in my hotel, home whatever. After a long friday of fun I want to have a shower, but I am scared of water damage to my plastic wristband (It could happen). Would taking my plastic wristband off after expo hours be infinging on the plastic wristband agreement?

Simply put, if you take your wristband off it will make it void and you will not gain entry.

It is plastic for the exact reason so that you have less writbands and you can wear it in the shower.

Bottom line take it off and it will be VOID!
Admin
Site Admin

Postby Admin on Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:48 pm

shalimar wrote:Interesting, and a good idea that'll hopefully reduce queuing times!

KajiDaigoji wrote:Would taking my plastic wristband off after expo hours be infinging on the plastic wristband agreement?

Well since the Admin says...

Admin-2 wrote:PLEASE PLEASE NOTE, if you remove, rip, streach, or break the seal of your wristband you will be asked to purchase another at FULL price.

I'm guessing that if it's removed you would have to rejoin the queue, where upon your weekend e-ticket would be scanned again. The scary bit appears to be that upon scanning they'll probably realise that they already issued you a wristband, so instead of them just giving you another one, you'll have to pay for it! :o

There will be no point in rejoining the queue as you will only get one wristband.
Admin
Site Admin

Postby Admin on Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:50 pm

Warai Otoko wrote:Weekend Wristband.

1 - Is this removable?

2 - When is the latest I can get my weekend wristband on the friday, should I find myself running late.

Many thanks

~Warai Otoko

It is very clear the wristband is not removable, if you remove it you will damage it and it will be void, not accepted.

We will be checking wristbands very closely over the weekend.

We are open on Friday from 2pm to 7pm
Admin
Site Admin

Postby Admin on Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:51 pm

thanty wrote:
Admin-2 wrote:There is change to the system for this MCM Expo.

soo if you removed the wristband on saturday, you have to buy a ticket for sunday?even though you have a weekend ticket?

It is very clear if you remove your wristband or damage it you will need to buy another wristband, the Eticket will show on the computer that you have been issued your band and will not issue you another one.
Admin
Site Admin

Postby Admin on Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:55 pm

shalimar wrote:
thanty wrote:soo if you removed the wristband on saturday, you have to buy a ticket for sunday?even though you have a weekend ticket?

I guess this might be the way it goes down.

If it is, it doesn't really sound very fair. But it's probably to stop people giving their weekend tickets away to others, and then using them to gain 'free' entry on another day... in which case I can understand.

A number of people tried to abuse the wristband system last time, this is one of the reasons along with speed that the system has been changed.

We will be checking all wristbands over the weekend and also doing spot checks and if we find someone with a wristband they should not have as they have cut it off and stuck it back on or tried to stretch it, they will be denied entry or exited from the event.

The system is there to be fair to everyone involved.
Admin
Site Admin

Postby Warai Otoko on Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:58 pm

1 - Is this removable?

3 - May I get my weekend wristband on saturday?

Many thanks

~Warai Otoko

Admin wrote:

1 - Is this removable?

Many thanks

~Warai Otoko

It is very clear the wristband is not removable, if you remove it you will damage it and it will be void, not accepted.

We will be checking wristbands very closely over the weekend.

We are open on Friday from 2pm to 7pm

Please answer the third question.
Warai Otoko

Postby Admin on Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:35 pm

Yes you will be able to buy a weekend wristband on Saturday to last you Saturday & Sunday.

You will not be able to buy a ticket on Saturday for Sunday only.

No tickets what so ever will be sold on Friday.
Admin
Site Admin

Postby sasashie on Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:39 pm

aslong as you can shower with them on im happy x
sasashie

Postby Admin on Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:46 pm

They are plastic, waterproof as most plastic if not all is.
Admin
Site Admin

Postby Rikk Malice on Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:56 pm

Great idea, though I have one question.

I plan on wearing a morph-suit as part of my cosplay for a universal black skin-tone for my Anti-Sora. As you are saying by removing these wristbands or stretching them in any way will void them, would this mean I would have to wear my morph-suit the ENTIRE weekend? Cause I'm sure this is gonna be pretty difficult to take off without damaging said wristband. Any thought's on this people?

-Rikk
Rikk Malice

Postby Warai Otoko on Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:05 pm

Admin wrote:Yes you will be able to buy a weekend wristband on Saturday to last you Saturday & Sunday.

You will not be able to buy a ticket on Saturday for Sunday only.

No tickets what so ever will be sold on Friday.

I'm not asking to buy.

I'm asking can I use my printed out weekend pass, to get my weekend wristband on Saturday, if for any reason I'm unable to make it for friday.
Warai Otoko

Postby Admin on Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:09 pm

yes then it will be cancelled after that one use
Admin
Site Admin

Postby Warai Otoko on Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:16 pm

Thank you.

That wasn't so hard was it? Please pay attention in the future.
Warai Otoko

Postby Rikk Malice on Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:32 pm

Rikk Malice wrote:Great idea, though I have one question.

I plan on wearing a morph-suit as part of my cosplay for a universal black skin-tone for my Anti-Sora. As you are saying by removing these wristbands or stretching them in any way will void them, would this mean I would have to wear my morph-suit the ENTIRE weekend? Cause I'm sure this is gonna be pretty difficult to take off without damaging said wristband. Any thought's on this people?

-Rikk

Can you offer some more info on this please admin?
Rikk Malice

Postby Admin on Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:29 pm

-Rikk

Your choice I am afraid, the wristbands and systems are in place because of people who have abused them in the past, so you can thank them for that, if you see someone trying to abuse the system then report them to us.and also to make getting into Expo easier
Admin
Site Admin

Postby Admin on Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:30 pm

Warai Otoko wrote:Thank you.

Sarcasm is not a virtue so no point in trying to use it,
Admin
Site Admin

Postby Admin on Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:31 pm

Rikk Malice wrote:

-Rikk

Can you offer some more info on this please admin?

As answered above.

If the wristband is damaged or stretched it will be void, we will be checking and spot checking throughout the weekend.
Admin
Site Admin

Postby Warai Otoko on Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:35 pm

Admin wrote:
Warai Otoko wrote:Thank you.

Sarcasm is not a virtue so no point in trying to use it,

None used.
Warai Otoko

Postby Briggsja on Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:07 pm

Wondering, there is a good chance I wont be entering the Expo hall itself until the Sunday or earliest very late Saturday, is it OK to just have my paper ticket on me until this point? I don't really want to be queuing for an hour or so just to walk straight back out.
Briggsja

Next

Return to GENERAL CHAT