Autograph Costs for 30/31 Oct

This is where any guests attending the event are announced. Chat about anything to do with the event that does not fit into the other categories. Dont forget to visit the main website at http://www.londonexpo.com for updates also

Autograph Costs for 30/31 Oct

Postby hammer on Fri Oct 29, 2010 9:03 am

Have they been published? As I can't find them :(
Last edited by hammer on Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hammer

Re: Autograph Costs for 30/31 Oct

Postby angelstorm on Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:28 am

I don't think they've been published anywhere but - I read on another thread that they are usually about £15.00 :?

*shrug* :?: It's not officially written anywhere though . . .
angelstorm

Postby tonythecylon on Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:42 pm

I've not seen them either and wasn't expecting to find them either as communication can be a bit patchy here.

But you are right it's normally about £15 a pop and sometimes £20 for bigger guests such as linda hamilton and Edward James Olmos - in my opinion i don't think that anyone should be in that category this time but we'll find out tomorrow....
tonythecylon

Postby hammer on Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:54 pm

I did see from an administrator that they would be published a week before the event :!: :!: . It's a bit shoddy that prices have to be guessed (£15/£20 is about right, normally) :roll:

I suppose the autographs are more of a sideshow for this event compared to Memorabilia or other show's that have celebrities signing.

I also e-mailed twice asking for prices but no reply - which is disappointing
hammer

Postby angelstorm on Fri Oct 29, 2010 5:05 pm

Does anyone know if we can pay by card or do we have to pay with cash ?
angelstorm

Postby tonythecylon on Fri Oct 29, 2010 6:15 pm

Think it's only cash as i don't recall ever seeing a card/pin machine at the desk where you buy your autograph tickets.
tonythecylon

Postby megazone1 on Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:01 pm

Because this was a cash only venue (to purchase Auto's from the media guest) and there was no info on how much Media Guest's were charging, I did not come - as I like most other people dont want to be walking around with excess monies or to get there and find out I have not got enough cash to purchase what I paid to get in for. So until this gets sorted and posted I wont be going to another one of these shows :( :( :( :( :( :( :(
megazone1

Postby Moondoggie on Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:51 pm

Kisuke Urahara wrote:
megazone1 wrote:Because this was a cash only venue (to purchase Auto's from the media guest) and there was no info on how much Media Guest's were charging, I did not come - as I like most other people dont want to be walking around with excess monies or to get there and find out I have not got enough cash to purchase what I paid to get in for. So until this gets sorted and posted I wont be going to another one of these shows :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

Jesus Christ.

You are that neurotic about carrying money? If you had £20, you would have had enough, because theyre always around £15 for autographs.

And theirs cash machines all around the ExCel.

Evidently the two minute walk to the nearest cash machine is too much of a wait for some people even though autographs were pretty much being signed all day.
Moondoggie

Postby tonythecylon on Sun Nov 07, 2010 3:22 pm

Eddie McClintock had to stop signing autos on the Sunday at 11am (due to business commitments) - which was unfortunate for all those with standard entry tickets who didn't get in until that time.

It also frustrated quite a few people i spoke to who were there early but didn't see Eddie straight away as the only notification he was leaving early appeared to be a handwritten biro note on a yellow post it note on the wall by the smileys desk.

So going to the cash machine might of been too late for some !!
tonythecylon

Postby megazone1 on Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:39 pm

Moondoggie wrote:
Kisuke Urahara wrote:
megazone1 wrote:Because this was a cash only venue (to purchase Auto's from the media guest) and there was no info on how much Media Guest's were charging, I did not come - as I like most other people dont want to be walking around with excess monies or to get there and find out I have not got enough cash to purchase what I paid to get in for. So until this gets sorted and posted I wont be going to another one of these shows :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

Jesus Christ.

You are that neurotic about carrying money? If you had £20, you would have had enough, because theyre always around £15 for autographs.

And theirs cash machines all around the ExCel.

Evidently the two minute walk to the nearest cash machine is too much of a wait for some people even though autographs were pretty much being signed all day.

Guys thanks for the reply's (BUT YOU ARE MISSING THE POINT) The Prices need to be advertised as the site said they would be, I may be the only one but don't give a dam about cosplay and any of the other stuff just interested in some Media Guests. I had about 50 odd items to be autographed and I had no way of knowing how much to take with me. £5 difference would need £250 extra to be carrying, So yes I did need prices, I don't have a cash point card, SO THERE COULD HAVE BEEN 100 MACHINES IN THE SAME HALL WOULD MAKE NO DIFFERENCE TO ME !!!
Its not hard for a Mod to have put up the prices on the site after all they did have to arrange all the paper work to book the Media Guest (how hard was it to advertise what the prices would be ?)
megazone1

Postby Moondoggie on Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:24 pm

Kisuke Urahara wrote:
megazone1 wrote:

Guys thanks for the reply's (BUT YOU ARE MISSING THE POINT) The Prices need to be advertised as the site said they would be, I may be the only one but don't give a dam about cosplay and any of the other stuff just interested in some Media Guests. I had about 50 odd items to be autographed and I had no way of knowing how much to take with me. £5 difference would need £250 extra to be carrying, So yes I did need prices, I don't have a cash point card, SO THERE COULD HAVE BEEN 100 MACHINES IN THE SAME HALL WOULD MAKE NO DIFFERENCE TO ME !!!
Its not hard for a Mod to have put up the prices on the site after all they did have to arrange all the paper work to book the Media Guest (how hard was it to advertise what the prices would be ?)

50 items to get signed?

To be fair, that sounds dodgy in itself.

Sounds like an E Bay Autograph pimp :P
Moondoggie

Postby megazone1 on Thu Nov 18, 2010 4:06 pm

At last years M. K. Event I spent just over £800 on auto's some people only require 1 or 2 from celebs others more!! I myself got 10 of Robert Duncan McNeil and 8 of Kate Mulgrew and 9 of Jeffery Combs so getting 50 at an event is not unheard off and is very easy do'able and they also took cards at the entrance to purchase the Tickets for the Auto's which were all up on the web site before even started

Moondoggie: As to being a ebay pimp (which im not) BUT WHAT HAS THAT GOT TO DO WITH THE QUESTIONS I PUT UP Easy to take the P--S when you anit looking at the questions

Kisuke Urahara: Why is 50 auto's dodgy. I save up the money tp purchase auto's so why is that dodgy. Ive seen people get way loads more than that ?
megazone1

Return to GENERAL CHAT