Views and highlights of the weekend, good and bad moments

This is where any guests attending the event are announced. Chat about anything to do with the event that does not fit into the other categories. Dont forget to visit the main website at http://www.londonexpo.com for updates also

Views and highlights of the weekend, good and bad moments

Postby momo_mewme on Sun Oct 31, 2010 6:57 pm

Hello everyone =) I thought it would good to find out everyone’s views and highlights of the weekend. Good and bad moments and how long they’ve been going to the expo.

I've been going to MCM London Expo for about 3 years, Saturday marked my 5 time going and every time I go, the place gets even better in design and fuller with people xD.

Good/Bad moments- Making it to the event took roughly 30-40 minutes which was surprising O.O as it took me about 2 hours to get ready and leave and normally about 1hr 30mins to get there... as I arrived I found myself without a goodie bag T.T even though my friend who arrived about 20mins before me said there was loads and got one herself. I would like to think having an early entry ticket would give all though with it a chance to gain a bag… but I guess I was wrong =/

The main expo hall- I could see the floor O.O’ 2nd time in a while though got a bit worried when the day went on I was still able to move freely… not saying it’s a bad thing since gave the room more air to breathe but the atmosphere felt different. Fun but not as hyped up as before xD though I didn’t get to fully see all the stalls lmao. Guess the train stuff limited the event’s out come.

The Cosplayer- Awesome as usual =) I actually wish I had a better camera to get them all, though I’m sure most of you saw one of my friends going round taking pics, so all good. Ooo this time I dressed up as a pirate ^-^ I felt like it was my best costume yet since the first two times I’ve failed to fully complete my costume ^O^’ I was mostly in red and black and had a big hat on with a rose on top. My wrist straps kept coming undone and had to ask my friends to keep doing it up. Lol

My friends- ^_^ loved the time I’ve spent meeting up with them again. Some from high school and college, so been more than a year since seeing them and since they came mcm too, though most was their first time. Just wish the signal wasn’t bad in some places to make it easy to meet back up when we got lost.

The Party- Always starts off a bit slow but once everyone got a few drinks and I got a few cocktails down me, the party got in a good old swing. =) 3rd time going and look forwards to going again. Everyone was so friendly and fun to chill out with. xD I got attacked by the teletubbies lol so cute.

Over all although tired near the end, I had another great year at the expo! Just wish it wasn’t so far till the next one.

So what about you guys and girls? How was your expo this time round? Also if anyone saw me, what did you think of my costume? I’m looking of ways to improve, so be honest as possible on my costume. Please and thank you. x
momo_mewme

Re: Views and highlights of the weekend, good and bad moment

Postby Raiton_Gian on Sun Oct 31, 2010 8:17 pm

I'll be the first to reply to your awesome topic -

My highs:-
-The Friday. The queue wasn't that bad, didn't take me that long. And yes, the hall was empty. Me and my cousin joked that there has been some sort of holocaust.
-Of course, the cosplayers. All were incredibly friendly; you asked them for a pic, and they were always happy to oblige. Amazingly awesome costumes there.
-Also, the couple of peoples who were in my film-thing - very helpful and overly awesome XD

Lows:-
*Starts to think hard*
-The trains on saturday.. I had to take about five there, and they were crowded. I think I lost my virginity...
-The helpfulness of the staff; they didn't know anything! It took me half an hour to find the people who issued my thing for my event.

I think that's it :P
Raiton_Gian

Postby alicedragon on Sun Oct 31, 2010 8:36 pm

Highs:
- Buying lots of stuff.
- Staying in the hotel was pretty fun.
- Finally being recognized by someone on Saturday, and them squealing with delight.

Lows:
- Couple we were staying with kept fighting.
- COSPLAYS SO HOT
- DLR was loud when trying to sleep.
- Drunk cosplayers outside hotel.
- GUITAR WAS SO ANNOYING.
alicedragon

Postby Himitsu on Sun Oct 31, 2010 8:44 pm

I have been waiting for this post. :D

Good:

Cosplayers-
Let's just say... WOW! Everyone in that hall looked amazing. No one had cringy cosplay and everyone was really nice. c: Alot more uniqueness aswell and great to see old time favourites being bought back to life (Bananas in Pajamas, Pokemon etc. ) and alot more new ones. Also, alot more complexity this year! The Eurocosplay competitors (The ones we saw walking around) were AMAZING. Staggering and impressive. C: Well Done cosplayers!
Also, the people in the spandex body suits? EPIC. Although two did tracked us down and hugged us with us being scared of the emotionlessness, it did make us laugh and we had a great time. C: Sorry to the Blue Guy who I said scared me! D: I didn't mean it and you were really nice and funny. xD

Layout-
Alot more spaced out and roomier this time. c: Last October, I was crammed into some smelly guy's armpit for about 5 minutes (Whilst I was ill aswell. I was nigh on passing out. ) and now we had room to step out and cool down, whatnot. c: I loved this new layout and the stages were great! :D If we had to quickly move out of the hall, we could do so in about 2 minutes, whereas last year, it took about 10. Well done organizers. c:

Products-
a great range this time. c: Both Non-Anime, Gaming, Movies to Anime stuff. Perfect for getting my parents a present and nice to see something apart from anime, which I love but can get tiring seeing the same thing over and over again.

Queues-
Someone is complimenting the queue system? :O Yes. Yes I am.

I got prebooked early entry and got in around 6:20 am. I didn't queue from then, but got changed instead and queued at around 7:20am. The Scan > Wristband > Goodie Bag > Queue really worked well and cut down queue jumping. c: It was alot more clearer with people ACTUALLY working the prebooked queue, unlike last October, with one or two people floating. We got in around 9:10am and it was pretty self-explainatory. ^^ It wasn't so bunged up in the queues either and people were extremely friendly. c: Had a great time high fiving people and running from a stray hand which a guy had floating. xDD

MCM Dance Group-
Ok, I was part of this, so I might be biased. *u* This went amazing and the response we got was really welcoming. n.n Thank you to everyone who watched us and thank you MCM for having us. c:

Bad
Free-Huggers-
Ok. I thought this year. 'If one or two people ask me for a hug, I will give them a quick hug to say 'HEY. I CONTRIBUTED TO THIS FREE HUG CAUSE WHICH EVERYONE SEEMS TO WANT'. Well. When someone hangs over the rails of the queue system to hug me without asking, ok. I dealt with that. But every time I or my sister walked past, this same person launched themselves at us, making me feel really uneasy and we have NEVER met this guy before and he treated us as if we were his long lost bffs... I didn't mind if it was just a quick hug to say 'Welcome' or what not, but persistantly? That made me actually scared of huggers. >> Personal Bubble needs permission to enter. D;
And the AMOUNT that I saw this year? Scary. >//< I don't get it. Dx

Stall Tenders-
Alright. Many were really nice towards me. Many gave me free stuff, money off and were extremely helpful to me (Especially TokyoToys. C: ) and were kind in the peak times of Expo. But when no one has prices marked up, what do you do? Ask.
Well, when I asked this one guy extremely politely what was the price of this small Miku doll... He just shouted at me in my face '£10.'... I just asked and I could have been alot more inpolite, but this really scared me and I felt really awkward. This was at the beginning aswell and we were one of his first customers. These people need to relax sometimes and stop shouting at people really abusively if we get confused. >>

Stupid, abusive people-
I bought £20 boots to go around expo in. Well, these lasted until the last 5 minutes in the hall. We got stuck in a traffic jam of people near the TokyoToys stall and what do these stupid 3 people do? Barged through us, pushing me and other people into other people's delicate cosplay, hurting us and my boots have now been completely ruined and scuffed. They now have a hole in, when this was the first time I wore them. They didn't say 'Sorry' or 'Excuse me'.. Just barged through as if they were king and queen. Could you not see that we were stuck?
And people shouting across the hall 'FAIL COSPLAY. EW. YOU FAIL AT LIFE' constantly? That. Annoyed me at 7 am. >>
Gosh, people need manners. ¬n¬

Apart from that, everything went amazing. 8D
Himitsu

Postby JellyTheGreen on Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:28 pm

Good:

-Met a lot more talkative people, made a few friends too.
-Felt a lot better staying at Custom House for the weekend, excellent service there.
-The Weekend bands were awesome... but to an extent. On Saturday we must have reached the entrance as the weekend bands were heading out from the line, we didn't notice we had accidently skipped the line until we noticed we had to queue today.

Bad:

-Ok, I used to get annoyed with all "The game" stuff... but dear god I'd rather have those people back than the whole "Buttscratcher" meme.
-Which leads me onto my next point: the general maturity has dropped a lot since May. I could list everything I saw which was just plain... well, stupid. Manners were lacked by a lot of people.
-The stairs... jesus christ the stairs outside ExCeL... does everyone really need to create a maze to walk down from? I've honestly never seen them so packed that wasn't due to an event (such as the videogame cosplaying world record), it was quite a hassle really.
-My cosplay broke within minutes on the Friday, I decided to suck it up and just use some duct tape for Saturday, was quite fun walking around in my botched up RuneScape cosplay :)
-A lot more points I just can't remember.
JellyTheGreen

Postby Then I Bit Your Face on Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:40 pm

Highs:

99% of the People - As always the people were so friendly and nice, was able to strike up conversation and was KHR meet was awesome
Guests - The Expo guests were so nice and polite and greatful when signing stuff (Roger Craig Smith ftw)
No Rain! (Well...a bit)
Seeing all friends
Eurocosplay was lush!

Lows:

Space - For me, there was a lack of space in areas but maybe thats cuz im slighty wider that you all dunno
1% of people - No matter how many times I go to expo I always get a rude comment about being disabled and Cosplaying its so pathetic
Journey home - took ages and was knackered
Saturday - 11th Doctor
Then I Bit Your Face

Postby Alynia on Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:42 pm

Good:

I saw some fantastic costumes!

I saw the Shookie Monster :3

Todays Queue was really good, got to the hall, got the ticket, got in line and it all took roughly 10-15 minutes, I was extremely impressed :D

The people who I stayed with were so kind and helpful, and absolutely lovely people! :D

Saturday night, I've never been in a giggle fit that probably lasted about 20 minutes.. or more I think.. most likely the latter ^^

Everyone at the expo was really nice and friendly, was slightly puzzled by people just randomly hugging me.. also having my photo taken was even more odd, but in a way nice.

The FMA photoshoot was funny as well!

Bad:

The train home.. the dlr and the jubilee line was fine.. just getting to my station.. I had to take the bus since there was works >.<

Two of my friends who were supposed to look after me got stupidly drunk by collapsing everywhere, on me and on top of eachother, at first it was quite funny but then I went to babysit them so nothing happens, not what I expected from them, and they abandoned me too >_<

I felt too nervous going up to people and asking for photos, I regret it a lot because I saw so many beautiful costumes!

Other than that, nothing to really complain about, my first impressions of it was fantastic, Definately coming again ^^
Alynia

Postby Jooniebabe on Sun Oct 31, 2010 10:18 pm

Highs:
I think the queuing system was slightly better on Saturday compared to last time. It wasn't as packed in the event hall like last time either. That was great!

I didn't have to wait ages for a general entry ticket today. Less than 20 mins actually

Cosplay fan meets were fun!!

I really enjoyed the gaming area but I rarely play games. O.o

Got to buy all the manga I wanted.

Got to see all of my friends there on both days :D
Lows:
The stalls only sell generic stuff like Bleach, Naruto, Lucky star posters and bags etc >.< I have nothing against these anime's. I just wanted to see something different like a Gintama poster.

I didn't see many exciting cosplay's like last time. I'm not saying there wasn't any there I just didn't get to see them.

I noticed people at the expo were giving me rude stares on Saturday. And laughing at me...Which made me feel uncomfortable as I get enough of that from people who are not aware of cosplay and expos. I wasn't doing anything wrong either just walking around by myself while looking for my friend. I started to wonder if something was wrong with my cosplay. I was dressed as Miku Hatsune on that day. But I'm pretty paranoid so maybe it was just me? :(

The k-pop/jpop stand was well too expensive!!
Thats all I can think of right now >.< Overall I think this expo was ten times better than the last.
...../\/\
..=(°3°)=
°~(|/\|
Jooniebabe

Postby Drutt on Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:10 pm

Okee doke.

What stinks (cos negativity has to come first)

Losing Stuff
Lost my prop (but it wasn't that well made but a pain to sew), nearly lost my hat....twice (someone tried to claim it as a memento (but it's kinda easy to make another one) ) and I nearly lost my Dad's camera. Doh.
The Game
I know i said it already but it got old fast. And i mean fast. I think we even lampshaded it when we went to the picnic. which was funny.
The hiccup at the Cosplay Desk
Losing my bag wasn't fun. I said it was a United Publications bag and I wasted five minutes and I missed a cosplayer I wanted to take a pic with (little miffed about missing the other Negi cosplayer) before I could look and see if it was mine.
Tubes up the shoot
Beating a dead horse i know but kinda annoying. Least i met some cool people on the way there and back though.
Not much stuff variety
It's partly what I get for liking not so popular stuff i guess. Loads of Naruto/Bleach/Black Butler/Hetalia/Vocaloid stuff (but if there was awesome Negima/Fairy Tail stuff then maybe I'd spend more) but that's fine with me. Saves me money.
Stairs
Stairs were a bit annoying to walk through because there were a lot of people there. I managed.
Laggy Guitar Hero controller
Not cool guys. Gave up in the end because it lagged so much.

And now the what rocks bit
Cosplay
For my first time it went brilliant. No-one really knew who I was but I wasn't expecting it. Also a lot of good cosplay-the Shookie Monster was hilarious (especially when I fed him the cookie) and loads of loads of cool cosplay i can't mention them all really. Loads and loads. I think I've caught the cosplaying bug....which is a good thing. I need something to do.
Artists Alley
Was awesome-I think I spent a lot of time buying stuff from there. Lots of cool things....and I need to buy frames to hang my pictures up so it's a trip to Wilko's tomorrow and some DIY.
Atmosphere
First time I really experienced the atmosphere and it was awesome. Tube journey there was epic-it was like some sort of concert or footie match or something when the tube got there and when it arrived. Utterly brilliant fun.
The People
Expo People are WONDERFUL. Literally, it's so easy for someone to talk to you and stuff and get caught when taking pictures, hugs, sweets (and giving back) and also helpful and happy to talk to (I hope i didn't freak you out)
The Epic Expo Picnic
Absolutely great fun. Free food and beverages is awesome. You get a lot of internets plus you're all nice people and i got a hug from Sanji (complete with sign). Plus the 'battle' with Doctor Steel was awesome. May have ticked some people off (and I was acting out of character but who gives a toss?) but it was hilarious.
Drutt

Postby Sparrow on Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:25 pm

Highs:

1) The atmosphere! 8D

2) The queueing system- It felt a lot more organised than last time. :D

3) Eurocosplay- Holy hell o___o. I wish I had the patience to make such elaborate, beautiful costumes!

4) BUYING STUFF IS ALWAYS AWESOME. ALWAYS.

5) Seeing friends :D.

6) Being asked for photos! I'm not vain or pine for attention but I feel like I'm actually getting better at cosplay if I get asked for photos (even though I probably look like an idiot in them XP).

7) I finally got to draw in the artist's alley! Just some doodles of Edward Elric, Roy Mustang and Vincent Valentine but whatever! 8D

8) The dude in the blue suit who sneaked up behind my friend when she was taking a photo of me and gave us hugs! XD

9) Loads of other things but I'd be here all night listing them >.>.

Lows:

1) :\ On the Sunday, storing stuff behind the cosplay desk was a bit meh.

2) The 'Buttscratcher' meme e.e. 'Nuff said.

3) A random dude hitting on my friend. Geez. She told him she has a boyfriend but he persisted ¬¬. WE'RE AT EXPO FOR COSPLAY/ANIME/MANGA/GAMING/ETCETERA, NOT SPEED DATING! DX

4) Not finding any safety pins :(. I really needed one but couldn't find any :\.

Neutral weird things:

o__o There was a dude cosplaying a vampire who called himself 'Count Victor'. He randomly came up to me and my friend, talking about protecting vampires and got us to pose for a picture. That was all fine until he started talking about me and my friend being 'soul sisters' and asked my friend for her number. She gave him a fake number but he rang to check whether it was correct and...well, she had to give him her real number. We were as paranoid as hell and constantly looking out for him after that >.>'. Almost ran into him again but we legged it. Twas...eventful XD.
Endure & Survive
Sparrow

Postby Ritsuka on Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:58 pm

Good
-People recognised my cosplay, got some hugs for it, people really liked it, etc :D
-More merch of series I liked were appearing.
-There was one stall which was cheaper than all the rest. The plushie phone charms which were dotted around the place were £2 pound cheaper there, and there were massive gloomy bears (even ones with speakers) which were only £15.
-The american and japanese food stalls were really cool :D i bought and found ramune for the first time <3 they made my boyfriend happy toocause he got fruit loops and root beer.
-didn't have to wait in queue as nearly as long as last time.
-saw some really awesome cosplays.

Bad
-I thought a lot of stuff was overpriced. £30 for a regular sized plushie, £3.30 for one chocolate frog.. and I know the american stuff was imported but it was really expensive.
- there was one stall with figures that didnt mark which ones were in the boxes, ended up buying one with a figure inside i didn't like D:
-There wasn't much variety of stuff to buy this time. I noticed there were less stalls as usual too. I wasn't really sastified with what i boiught. It took me like 2-3 times going round and round finding something i wanted to buy!
-banks being closed on top of jubilee line being closed cause of the gas attack drill >____>
-Laggy guitar hero controller xD
Ritsuka

Postby tregear26 on Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:13 am

Good
Was my first expo, enjoyed it very much
Thought the cosplayers were cool beans
Lots of stalls and the entertainment was good
everyone was polite
Saw this super cute girl*, she looked at me and smiled vice versa, was going to approach but ....
Bad
my friend wanted food and we went outside and when we come back in, I only saw her one more time and my friend jinxed me by saying 'wouldn't it be funny if we lost sight of her again' and boom, she must of went home
DLR was so packed it was unreal!
'the game' and other forced memes

*you were in a group of 3-6, and 3 of you (or more) had red stickers/red badge on your t-shirts, i was in a red cheq shirt and we was at the wrestling ring. My friend in a cheerio box went up to you earlier and you said later on in the day and you said he was the asian cheerios guy.

Sorry for being desperate
Last edited by tregear26 on Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
tregear26

Postby momo_mewme on Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:18 am

JellyTheGreen wrote:Bad:

-Ok, I used to get annoyed with all "The game" stuff... but dear god I'd rather have those people back than the whole "Buttscratcher" meme.
-Which leads me onto my next point: the general maturity has dropped a lot since May. I could list everything I saw which was just plain... well, stupid. Manners were lacked by a lot of people.
-The stairs... jesus christ the stairs outside ExCeL... does everyone really need to create a maze to walk down from? I've honestly never seen them so packed that wasn't due to an event (such as the videogame cosplaying world record), it was quite a hassle really.

What is the "The Game" Stuff about? My friend ask me and I was like O.O "Huh? Where you see that?? I really don't know sorry." >.<'

lol And yes the stairs were surprisingly full o.o I pretty much tried my hardest not to keep walking up and down them when needed, was just unbelievable this time round.

Jooniebabe wrote:Lows:
The stalls only sell generic stuff like Bleach, Naruto, Lucky star posters and bags etc >.< I have nothing against these anime's. I just wanted to see something different like a Gintama poster.

I didn't see many exciting cosplay's like last time. I'm not saying there wasn't any there I just didn't get to see them.

I noticed people at the expo were giving me rude stares on Saturday. And laughing at me...Which made me feel uncomfortable as I get enough of that from people who are not aware of cosplay and expos. I wasn't doing anything wrong either just walking around by myself while looking for my friend. I started to wonder if something was wrong with my cosplay. I was dressed as Miku Hatsune on that day. But I'm pretty paranoid so maybe it was just me? :(

The k-pop/jpop stand was well too expensive!!
Thats all I can think of right now >.< Overall I think this expo was ten times better than the last.

^O^' Oh yes the constant stuff on sell... nothing too wrong with them though need more choices =/ I was kinda glad seeing corset and some cool hair things on sell since it remind me what I saw for the first time going Dragon con in the US this year.

T.T I'm sorry about the people that made you feel very uneasy, I hate when people do that to me as it is, with or without costume. Those are the kind of people who I find single minded and really shouldn't judge others until they know what's it like to be you, or just in the mood to be different. None cosplayers will never really understand a cosplayer work and effort, so best to try hard not to pay them any mind. Be who you wanna be and don't let anyone tell you other wise =).

Drutt wrote: The Epic Expo Picnic
Absolutely great fun. Free food and beverages is awesome. You get a lot of internets plus you're all nice people and i got a hug from Sanji (complete with sign). Plus the 'battle' with Doctor Steel was awesome. May have ticked some people off (and I was acting out of character but who gives a toss?) but it was hilarious.

O.O aww I missed this =/ maybe next time I can join you guys ^^

Then I Bit Your Face wrote:Lows:

Space - For me, there was a lack of space in areas but maybe thats cuz im slighty wider that you all dunno
1% of people - No matter how many times I go to expo I always get a rude comment about being disabled and Cosplaying its so pathetic
Journey home - took ages and was knackered

xD there was a few spacing issues personally too, even if there was more space here and there... just trying to see what was on the stall is hell in its self some times, so your not alone there =)

Again with people's comments on others costume- simple as this... those people need to get a life themselves and relax and enjoy the moment instead of making others feel out of place and weird. Your going to an media, comic and movie event?? Like come on? what do you really expect to see?? smart shirts and jeans maybe? O.O I sure wouldn't! I expect to see people being themselves and dressing up and being different and fun. Hell I was inspired to dress up from going to this event and so was my friends. I would fell too weird not too and out of place if I didn't.
momo_mewme

Postby Makubex~ on Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:37 am

This was my fourth expo and I have to say it was probably the best one yet!
The good:
- (not exactly expo) The tubes [well, the ones that I needed] all being open from King's Cross on Saturday morning. Got to ExCeL in about 20 minutes
- The D.Gray-Man meet
- All the goodies I managed to buy, my best expo haul yet :3
- The fact that there was no queue to get my wristband (unlike in May ._.)
- All of the fantastic cosplayers!
- All of the awesome people I met and chatted to on the tube when it was packed and we had been stopped xD

The bad:
- (not exactly expo) The DLR and tubes back to King's Cross. I'm glad I left early or I would have missed my train home. Two hours it took me to get from Expo to my train. And just how packed they were, everyone was literally sandwiched together and parts of my boots were pulled off, managed to fix them now though ):
- (no fault of the expo) The heat inside the hall D: It was so warm in there by lunchtime I had to keep going outside to cool down.
- I didn't get an Expo booklet ): I went to ask for one at the Information Desk and they said they had run out
Last edited by Makubex~ on Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
October The Doctor
Makubex~

Postby momo_mewme on Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:39 am

Ritsuka wrote:Good
-The american and japanese food stalls were really cool :D i bought and found ramune for the first time <3 they made my boyfriend happy toocause he got fruit loops and root beer.

Bad
-I thought a lot of stuff was overpriced. £30 for a regular sized plushie, £3.30 for one chocolate frog.. and I know the american stuff was imported but it was really expensive.

AH FRUIT LOOPS??? AND ROOT BEER?? No way I didn't see them =/ I would so buy the hell out of that stall/shop for having them xD I'm root beer crazy I totally love that stuff. ^.^'

Yes I also think the plushies are over priced too... everytime I go I hear the price and my heart sinks as I look at my money (I try to stick to a budget xD) and see that what I want is out of my reach. The price slowly puts me off buying the stuff even if I really want it ='/

tregear26 wrote:
*you were in a group of 3-6, and 3 of you (or more) had red stickers/red badge on your t-shirts, i was in a red cheq shirt and we was at the wrestling ring. My friend in a cheerio box went up to you earlier and you said later on in the day he was asian.

lol >.>' not me sorry... I guess there was another female pirate with a big hat and rose on top D= Thought I was the only one T.T I'll put a pic up later. I had a white shirt, baggish bottoms, red laced top on top and blackish boots on, darkish eyes and hand laced black and red gloves >.<' My hair was straight too and hair a little darkish red hanging at the back of my hair... only went the saturday too ^.^'
momo_mewme

Postby Sparrow on Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:42 am

Ritsuka wrote:i bought and found ramune for the first time

OMG! D8 I COULDN'T FIND ANY RAMUNE! T-T I searched up and down the Expo hall trying to find it but nothing! D: Where did you get it from? o.o
Endure & Survive
Sparrow

Postby Charzard03 on Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:44 am

Highs:
~My first ever convention/Expo :D
~Got a ton of cool stuff I really wanted
~Some people recognised me
~Really amazing atmosphere
~Got some free stuff for Gaia
~Got tons of hugs!
~Saw some epic cosplays!

Lows:
~Transport (I live in a small town 400 miles away from london, it was totally daunting and with Jubilee shut we had no idea what to do, ended up paying for a taxi that cost £50 for us to travel to our station and back)
~Was too shy to talk to many people and missed out on taking pictures of some people
~Missed the caramell dansen and didnt spend enough time outside
~Was a tad crouded around stalls, so I didnt get to look around alot of them
October 2010
Cosplaying - Umehito Nekozawa - Ouran High School Host Club!
Charzard03

Postby momo_mewme on Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:03 am

Charzard03 wrote:Highs:
~My first ever convention/Expo :D
~Got a ton of cool stuff I really wanted
~Some people recognised me
~Really amazing atmosphere
~Got some free stuff for Gaia
~Got tons of hugs!
~Saw some epic cosplays!

Lows:
~Transport (I live in a small town 400 miles away from london, it was totally daunting and with Jubilee shut we had no idea what to do, ended up paying for a taxi that cost £50 for us to travel to our station and back)
~Was too shy to talk to many people and missed out on taking pictures of some people
~Missed the caramell dansen and didnt spend enough time outside
~Was a tad crouded around stalls, so I didnt get to look around alot of them

Aww awesome, glad you enjoyed your first time beside the small low moments. I missed the caramell dansen too =/, and yes the small over pack areas around the stalls made it hard to see what you wanted. Transport wise I guess I got lucky on getting lift there and back but I know it was a pain for though taking it >.<

On the pics side of things, my friend who does photography was there, so once he uploads the pics you can view them all here http://drisgo-styles.deviantart.com/ ^O^' he's got last May and last year aswell. If you see him again be sure to ask for some pictures he's good with a camera =)
momo_mewme

Postby Sparrow on Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:31 am

Oh, one other bad thing from me but this was juuuust before I left home to go to expo- I was using my glue gun to fix my cosplay and ended up burning my thumb. It hurt like an absolute bleeping bleep DX! Agony! Watery-eyes-and-writhing-on-the-floor-in-pain sort of agony! Well, maybe not writhing on the floor but now I have a second degree burn and a burn blister :(. Thank god it wasn't on my keyblade-wielding hand >_<.
Endure & Survive
Sparrow

Postby tregear26 on Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:55 am

momo_mewme wrote:
Ritsuka wrote:Good

Bad

AH FRUIT LOOPS??? AND ROOT BEER?? No way I didn't see them =/ I would so buy the hell out of that stall/shop for having them xD I'm root beer crazy I totally love that stuff. ^.^'

Yes I also think the plushies are over priced too... everytime I go I hear the price and my heart sinks as I look at my money (I try to stick to a budget xD) and see that what I want is out of my reach. The price slowly puts me off buying the stuff even if I really want it ='/

tregear26 wrote:
*you were in a group of 3-6, and 3 of you (or more) had red stickers/red badge on your t-shirts, i was in a red cheq shirt and we was at the wrestling ring. My friend in a cheerio box went up to you earlier and you said later on in the day he was asian.

lol >.>' not me sorry... I guess there was another female pirate with a big hat and rose on top D= Thought I was the only one T.T I'll put a pic up later. I had a white shirt, baggish bottoms, red laced top on top and blackish boots on, darkish eyes and hand laced black and red gloves >.<' My hair was straight too and hair a little darkish red hanging at the back of my hair... only went the saturday too ^.^'

upload that picture asap. ololol
tregear26

Postby fruitcup on Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:20 am

Good:
Was pretty fun, tons of great cosplay
not very busy on sunday, i was in a bit of a rush since parts of my cosplay were falling to pieces (collar and buttons the most, thank god the toilets were close to the escalators)
not everyone was an annoying wang lmao
whoever brought the kids you are amazing they were real sweethearts omg...

Bad
:
BOOTS. oh my god, next time i need to pack two pairs of shoes. size too small boots + pointed tips = nightmares (especially when you have to take a train and walk back to the hotel) I had to cut like half of saturday out as heather since my feet hurt like hell.
Phone kept freaking out over space, so i couldnt take very many pictures of people.
free hugs. they are really terrifying. because of this im going to bring a kick me sign for reals, next year.
Rain so very much, doesnt help when theres smashed glass and you're going as a barefoot character and your friend has to try and move pieces out of the way lol. my foots still pretty torn up from some.
Missed out most of Friday because we got the wrong directions. :/
And oh god I agree seriously with the person saying that the maturity has dropped.
its absolutely hilarious to shout PAAANIIIISSSS at people repeatedly like a mental patient uhuh.
I HATE MY JOB BECAUSE I LOVE GRUB PORN
fruitcup

Postby ThatAngryPunk on Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:44 am

Highs for me:

*Managed to get there on a tight budget
*Stayed with some really awesome friends
*Managed to still somehow buy some merch I really wanted, even with said budget
*Ran into some other online friends out of complete coincidence
*Got reasonably drunk on Saturday
*No hangover Sunday + 9 hours sleep = bonus fun
*Gathered some awesome ideas for future cosplays
*My friends. Just so much fun was had. Also got to know a few people I might have otherwise never spoken to.
Pretty much everything, to top it off I turned up late to my coach and it had actually broken down in the stop so I was technically on time and able to get on the replacement without needing to pay again. Then my older sister gave birth without any problems. Not really related but still, everything went pretty damn well for me and everyone I knew.

Weird/lows:

Some guy was in some sort of scuffle with the security quite literally a few feet away from us on the Sunday. We quickly dubbed him the "Don't touch me!" guy seeing as that was all he seemed to say. God knows what his problem was.
Security seemed a bit funny towards a few cosplayers, ejecting them from the excel centre for lacking wristbands. This isn't like sneaking in or anything I just mean people walking through excel. The hells up with that?
You lost the game just lost its charm as I grew older, singing popular karaoke songs in public so the commuters have the song lyrics stuck in their heads all day is where its at now.
Last of all I need to actually cosplay, I feel out of place when I don't. Shame about that budget though.
ThatAngryPunk

Postby Granny Gertrude on Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:28 am

Losing my bag wasn't fun. I said it was a United Publications bag and I wasted five minutes and I missed a cosplayer I wanted to take a pic with (little miffed about missing the other Negi cosplayer) before I could look and see if it was mine.

After years of providing this service, demand went up HUGELY at the Expo just past which did take us a little off guard. We have already requested more space for this, but I apologise for the delay with retrieving the bag.
The Excel Centre offer a professional storage facility which you can pay for as an alternative to the free service we supply for cosplayers, which is better suited to some people's needs.
Joe 'Granny Gertrude' Sutton
Cosplay @ Expo
www.facebook.com/grannygertrude
Granny Gertrude
Board Moderator

Postby momo_mewme on Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:21 am

Sparrow wrote:Oh, one other bad thing from me but this was juuuust before I left home to go to expo- I was using my glue gun to fix my cosplay and ended up burning my thumb. It hurt like an absolute bleeping bleep DX! Agony! Watery-eyes-and-writhing-on-the-floor-in-pain sort of agony! Well, maybe not writhing on the floor but now I have a second degree burn and a burn blister :(. Thank god it wasn't on my keyblade-wielding hand >_<.

Aww lol sounds comical the way you explain it but very painful >_< Hope it heals up nicely.

tregear26 wrote:
upload that picture asap. ololol

=) Sure will once me matey gets them uploaded. ^-^' poor guy gots 3 days worth of photography to go through and upload xD

Granny Gertrude wrote:

After years of providing this service, demand went up HUGELY at the Expo just past which did take us a little off guard. We have already requested more space for this, but I apologise for the delay with retrieving the bag.
The Excel Centre offer a professional storage facility which you can pay for as an alternative to the free service we supply for cosplayers, which is better suited to some people's needs.

Hey Granny Gertrude I was wondering if it's possible for the mcm space within the excel building would/could expand to another/extra room. I don't know if it has already since there was a lot more stalls and space (mostly since less people came), but I mean, doing this and having areas for one and one services would be little less busier and whatnot. I'm know you said you've already requested more space but has MCM thought of maybe doing things in sections?

-For example, Games in one room or bigger enough area, Dealers room in another and everything cosplay related in another room and so forth? Just an idea though not sure if everyone would like to go to different rooms or anything, but would give enough space for when things get over crowded =/
momo_mewme

Next

Return to GENERAL CHAT