One Piece - Thriller Bark! - *SUNDAY* (Registered)

This is the place to get information on the many fan run organised activities that take place at Expo over the weekend.

This is also the place to find information on what Expo organised MCM FRINGE FESTIVAL activities will be taking place, more information can found at: http://www.londonexpo.com/show_features ... ringe.html

Re: One Piece - Thriller Bark! - *SUNDAY*

Postby Yamakaze'd on Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:26 pm

Foxy is done.




.... wut? :lol:
Oct Expo: Akainu, Toad, Seamus
User avatar
Yamakaze'd
 
Posts: 94
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2010 1:00 pm

Re: One Piece - Thriller Bark! - *SUNDAY*

Postby diphenhydramine on Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:42 am

Back from holiday 8D Going to hopefully start buying cosplay bits soon.
Image
User avatar
diphenhydramine
 
Posts: 765
Joined: Wed Jun 11, 2008 2:18 pm
Location: Eastcote, North-West London

Re: One Piece - Thriller Bark! - *SUNDAY*

Postby Battler-Ushiromiya99 on Tue Aug 03, 2010 5:58 pm

is there a room for a luffy XD? because am going to cosplay as luffy (the nomal one) this october XD
User avatar
Battler-Ushiromiya99
 
Posts: 115
Joined: Sat Mar 06, 2010 3:43 pm
Location: Wales

Re: One Piece - Thriller Bark! - *SUNDAY*

Postby KajiDaigoji on Thu Aug 05, 2010 7:59 pm

I regret that Kumacy has been put on hold for another :twisted:
KajiDaigoji
 
Posts: 308
Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2005 9:02 am
Location: A place of monkeys

Re: One Piece - Thriller Bark! - *SUNDAY*

Postby Scorchgid on Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:37 pm

THRILLER BARK USOPPPP REPORTIN
Image
One day
User avatar
Scorchgid
 
Posts: 193
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2008 2:47 pm
Location: North London

Re: One Piece - Thriller Bark! - *SUNDAY*

Postby Berserk667 on Fri Aug 06, 2010 2:20 am

Nice progress on the Sunday group guys! How is everyone doing?

Right progress so far. The Strong World group on Friday has increased. I haven't decided a meet up time / place yet. Everyone is in the 1st costumes from strong world (ie on the floating islands) so that means I will be changing my outfit to the leather jacket variant with modified arms to acheive weapons left OW! *pose* 8)

Luffy - Emi-zone
Zoro - Tanuki-Otaku
Nami - NavigatorxNami
Usopp - Mah buddy Johnny
Sanji- MikeJenks
Chopper- Gadgeto
Nico Robin - Hester
Franky - Berserk667
Brook - JoeDLuffy

Admiral Akainu - Yamakaze'd

Anyone seen Strong World yet? Personal opinion defiently worth a watch :wink:
Last edited by Berserk667 on Mon Aug 09, 2010 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Berserk667
 
Posts: 399
Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2007 12:27 am

Re: One Piece - Thriller Bark! - *SUNDAY*

Postby Yamakaze'd on Sat Aug 07, 2010 1:01 pm

Dont forget Akainu, Franky. If you have a shoot time, gimme a bell and I'll BUSTER CALL IT! I mean, come along. ahem
Also, youre actually doing the weapon arms?!

No Kumacy?!? Ohhhhh what instead?

Battler - Sure thing! Welcome aboard! If youre on Facebook, go onto the Straw hat Pirate crew group and say hi!
Oct Expo: Akainu, Toad, Seamus
User avatar
Yamakaze'd
 
Posts: 94
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2010 1:00 pm

Re: One Piece - Thriller Bark! - *SUNDAY*

Postby Berserk667 on Mon Aug 09, 2010 3:08 pm

Sorry buddy editing the post now. Just go easy on us ok o_o;;
User avatar
Berserk667
 
Posts: 399
Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2007 12:27 am

Re: One Piece - Thriller Bark! - *SUNDAY*

Postby Scorchgid on Mon Aug 09, 2010 4:58 pm

Franky says I need a Chopper, do we know of any?
It could be some awesome TB paring going on here
Image
One day
User avatar
Scorchgid
 
Posts: 193
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2008 2:47 pm
Location: North London

Re: One Piece - Thriller Bark! - *SUNDAY*

Postby Berserk667 on Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:56 pm

Scorchgid wrote:Franky says I need a Chopper, do we know of any?
It could be some awesome TB paring going on here



Well I was implying because as its halloween and Usopp and Chopper being the big scaredy cats that they are. A pairing would look proper epic with them freaking out. Since chopper pretty kinda much mimics the attitude of who he is with. Basically seeing Usopp and chopper is a really decent and fitting pairing.
User avatar
Berserk667
 
Posts: 399
Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2007 12:27 am

Re: One Piece - Thriller Bark! - *SUNDAY*

Postby Kittz on Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:19 pm

Oh :D My and my friends are going as a one piece group :D Not from Thriller bark though >w<
I'm Luffy (from the Alabrasta arc with the red coat )
My friends are going as-
One Chopper
One Zoro (Original costume)
One Vivi
Maybe one Robin (She's too lazy to get the stuff so maybe not XD)
and One Killer (Might come on saturday or friday instead)
I hope to see you there :D
Image
User avatar
Kittz
 
Posts: 220
Joined: Tue Aug 10, 2010 6:09 pm

Re: One Piece - Thriller Bark! - *SUNDAY*

Postby Berserk667 on Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:27 pm

Kittz wrote:Oh :D My and my friends are going as a one piece group :D Not from Thriller bark though >w<
I'm Luffy (from the Alabrasta arc with the red coat )
My friends are going as-
One Chopper
One Zoro (Original costume)
One Vivi
Maybe one Robin (She's too lazy to get the stuff so maybe not XD)
and One Killer (Might come on saturday or friday instead)
I hope to see you there :D



Awesome stuff. What day are you guys one piecing it up?
User avatar
Berserk667
 
Posts: 399
Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2007 12:27 am

Re: One Piece - Thriller Bark! - *SUNDAY*

Postby Kittz on Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:31 pm

Berserk667 wrote:
Kittz wrote:Oh :D My and my friends are going as a one piece group :D Not from Thriller bark though >w<
I'm Luffy (from the Alabrasta arc with the red coat )
My friends are going as-
One Chopper
One Zoro (Original costume)
One Vivi
Maybe one Robin (She's too lazy to get the stuff so maybe not XD)
and One Killer (Might come on saturday or friday instead)
I hope to see you there :D



Awesome stuff. What day are you guys one piecing it up?


I do hope Sunday, but It might be Saturday D: I'm not sure how about you?
Image
User avatar
Kittz
 
Posts: 220
Joined: Tue Aug 10, 2010 6:09 pm

Re: One Piece - Thriller Bark! - *SUNDAY*

Postby Berserk667 on Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:27 pm

Kittz wrote:
Berserk667 wrote:
Kittz wrote:Oh :D My and my friends are going as a one piece group :D Not from Thriller bark though >w<
I'm Luffy (from the Alabrasta arc with the red coat )
My friends are going as-
One Chopper
One Zoro (Original costume)
One Vivi
Maybe one Robin (She's too lazy to get the stuff so maybe not XD)
and One Killer (Might come on saturday or friday instead)
I hope to see you there :D



Awesome stuff. What day are you guys one piecing it up?


I do hope Sunday, but It might be Saturday D: I'm not sure how about you?


As stated above I'll be waltzing about on the friday. I hope you make the Sunday because of thats the day which the most One Piece fun will be fun :p
User avatar
Berserk667
 
Posts: 399
Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2007 12:27 am

Re: One Piece - Thriller Bark! - *SUNDAY*

Postby Battler-Ushiromiya99 on Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:36 am

I got change of plan guys D: am going to cosplay as shanks this october because I wont be as cold xD
User avatar
Battler-Ushiromiya99
 
Posts: 115
Joined: Sat Mar 06, 2010 3:43 pm
Location: Wales

Re: One Piece - Thriller Bark! - *SUNDAY*

Postby Yamakaze'd on Thu Aug 19, 2010 1:38 am

A Killer? Epic.
Oct Expo: Akainu, Toad, Seamus
User avatar
Yamakaze'd
 
Posts: 94
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2010 1:00 pm

Re: One Piece - Thriller Bark! - *SUNDAY*

Postby Battler-Ushiromiya99 on Sat Aug 21, 2010 4:02 pm

Yamakaze'd wrote:Dont forget Akainu, Franky. If you have a shoot time, gimme a bell and I'll BUSTER CALL IT! I mean, come along. ahem
Also, youre actually doing the weapon arms?!

No Kumacy?!? Ohhhhh what instead?

Battler - Sure thing! Welcome aboard! If youre on Facebook, go onto the Straw hat Pirate crew group and say hi!



alright then and thanks :3 ^^ btw I took a look on facebook but I couldnt find you guys can you send me a link please? and btw am cosplaying as shanks now :D
User avatar
Battler-Ushiromiya99
 
Posts: 115
Joined: Sat Mar 06, 2010 3:43 pm
Location: Wales

Re: One Piece - Thriller Bark! - *SUNDAY*

Postby diphenhydramine on Sat Aug 21, 2010 8:05 pm

Half an Usopp-hat is taking its sweet time to dry downstairs!
Image
User avatar
diphenhydramine
 
Posts: 765
Joined: Wed Jun 11, 2008 2:18 pm
Location: Eastcote, North-West London

Re: One Piece - Thriller Bark! - *SUNDAY*

Postby Scorchgid on Mon Aug 23, 2010 3:09 pm

diphenhydramine wrote:Half an Usopp-hat is taking its sweet time to dry downstairs!


*looks at own usopp hat with much disappointment* nhhhyyyy ¬_¬
Image
One day
User avatar
Scorchgid
 
Posts: 193
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2008 2:47 pm
Location: North London

Re: One Piece - Thriller Bark! - *SUNDAY*

Postby MelancholicNinja on Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:36 am

Hey, it's not Thriller Bark related but I'm going as Trafalgar Law, would I be able to meet up with you guys??
User avatar
MelancholicNinja
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:31 am

Re: One Piece - Thriller Bark! - *SUNDAY*

Postby WiggyDee on Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:38 pm

CATCHY UPPY TIME

Yes Battler-Ushiromiya99, you may come!

KajiDaigoji, what the what. No. I can not allow this.

Scorchgid, going as the same cosplay as Diphenydramine, not the best idea as you'll probably look a bit tame in comparison but you may do as you wish O:

Berserk, Do you want me to post info about the friday/ saturday group here as well at all? I know noooothing about whats going on on those days. Don't even think I'll be cosplaying for them at this rate since Ryuumas face paint will be stupid effort for more than one day. Also I have not seen Strong World as I AM SAVING MYSELF FOR THE BLU-RAY VERSION YEAAAH.

Yamakaze'd, you know I've been meaning to ask you this for a while, but just where the hell is the Facebook group? I've looked for it in the past, even through your profile and it's been slim pickin's.

Kittz, I'll add dem peoplez to da list, welcome!

Battler-Ushiromiya99, I shall make the alteration! Okay I actually haven't put you in yet since I'm still typing this wall of text but you are now a Shanks.

Diphenhydramine, Your hat making skills are improving.

Scorchgid, I shall quote myself.

you'll probably look a bit tame in comparison but you may do as you wish O:


IT BEGINS.

MelancholicNinja, Dats cool, I was Bepo last time when there wasn't any Laws, WHERE WERE YOU THEN D:
User avatar
WiggyDee
 
Posts: 376
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:09 pm
Location: London

Re: One Piece - Thriller Bark! - *SUNDAY*

Postby Berserk667 on Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:52 am

Sure if you want. The Strong World group is just for Friday.
User avatar
Berserk667
 
Posts: 399
Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2007 12:27 am

Re: One Piece - Thriller Bark! - *SUNDAY*

Postby Newtilator on Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:02 am

Hello, I'm going to attempt my first cosplay as Sanji, hopefully Thriller Bark. The main part thats troubling me is the hair. I will need a wig, but I have never used one before. Does anybody have any advice on where to buy them, wig care and use etc? I would appreciate any advice, as I am totally inept at this kind of thing. I should hopefully be available on both days.
User avatar
Newtilator
 
Posts: 27
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:46 pm

Re: One Piece - Thriller Bark! - *SUNDAY*

Postby diphenhydramine on Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:51 am

Newtilator wrote:Hello, I'm going to attempt my first cosplay as Sanji, hopefully Thriller Bark. The main part thats troubling me is the hair. I will need a wig, but I have never used one before. Does anybody have any advice on where to buy them, wig care and use etc? I would appreciate any advice, as I am totally inept at this kind of thing.


When it comes to wigs, you've got 3 primary options - buy a pre-styled character wig from ebay or a cosplay website, buy a base wig and style it yourself, or pay a commissioner to style one for you. Of these, styling it yourself is the cheapest option, if you feel confident about styling it.

I've never bought a pre-styled character wig so I'm afraid I can't vouch for good places to get them, and what their quality is usually like. But I will say that since Sanji has a relatively simple hairstyle, the character wigs I've seen of him are nothing more than a base wig with the fringe styled a bit, so I don't think they're particularly worth the extra money.

Final option is to get a wig commissioned. There are professional cosplay wig commissioners, as well as cosplayers who want to make a little extra cash. This will in general cost whatever the base wig does, plus however much the person charges for their styling ability, which will naturally vary depending on who styles it.

How much are you looking to spend? That way I'll know what to recommend :D

As far as wig care goes, wigs themselves generally come in plastic sealable bags. Polystyrene wig heads are available cheaply and are the best way to store a wig when at a convention, as they will keep the style in place. If you have hair more than about an inch long then a wig cap should be used to keep all the hair on top of your head under the wig.
Image
User avatar
diphenhydramine
 
Posts: 765
Joined: Wed Jun 11, 2008 2:18 pm
Location: Eastcote, North-West London

Re: One Piece - Thriller Bark! - *SUNDAY*

Postby MelancholicNinja on Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:20 pm

WiggyDee wrote:MelancholicNinja, Dats cool, I was Bepo last time when there wasn't any Laws, WHERE WERE YOU THEN D:

This'll be my first time as Law :D Before, I was one of the many Clouds. And it's the first time that I'm making the costume myself :S but hopefully it'll be great ^.^ I've done a lot of it but I'm not sure how I'm gonna do the sword, you got any tips?
User avatar
MelancholicNinja
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:31 am

PreviousNext

Return to MCM FRINGE ACTIVITIES FESTIVAL @ EXPO

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest