Doctor Who/Torchwood *SATURDAY & SUNDAY* (Registered)

This is the place to get information on the many fan run organised activities that take place at Expo over the weekend.

This is also the place to find information on what Expo organised MCM FRINGE FESTIVAL activities will be taking place, more information can found at: http://www.londonexpo.com/show_features ... ringe.html

Re: Doctor Who/Torchwood *SATURDAY & SUNDAY*

Postby magpiefabric on Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:37 pm

You can try mr doctor man, you~ can~ try~
Image
User avatar
magpiefabric
 
Posts: 381
Joined: Sun Oct 25, 2009 10:01 pm
Location: Horsham

Re: Doctor Who/Torchwood *SATURDAY & SUNDAY*

Postby Stubbled Grapes on Wed Jun 09, 2010 5:36 pm

Posscat wrote:... FFFF- YOU! Who was blaring out Hetalia songs in the hotel room! C: < I'll happily have you as my Amy~ and I will happily protect from Weeping Angels and such, even though it is always Amy's fault >:C
This brings happiness to me that I already know you 8,D Shame Ruth wont be at october ;___;

Also, I can be awesome and share my ringtone with you guys's at expo. Doctor Who theme ringtone ftw.

That was Ruth not me! xD Though admittedly it was my ringtone that set that off
And yay! I'm glad the thought of meeting me again isn't scary! Though tbh, I was being fairly quiet then, I won't have scared you yet =p Is a shame she won't be there, especially considering that's the first time I met her therefore probably won't see her again until next May =\
But enough about people who aren't going
I don't mind being protected, long as I'm able to see this time ¬¬

My chemistry teacher once tried to beat me by saying his ringtone was the TARDIS noise, I said I had Pingu, he said "Well you would have" and I won xD
At the moment I'm very tempted to change mine to some old school Pokemon though, unless I can find an epic quote by Matt Smith to have (already have one in mind, hmmm...)
User avatar
Stubbled Grapes
 
Posts: 199
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 8:28 pm
Location: Near Liverpoolish

Re: Doctor Who/Torchwood *SATURDAY & SUNDAY*

Postby magpiefabric on Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:06 pm

I have the Mighty Boosh 4 note caution and mystery interval (0:19 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NvgBDTCLPk)
I think i'm the winner.
Image
User avatar
magpiefabric
 
Posts: 381
Joined: Sun Oct 25, 2009 10:01 pm
Location: Horsham

Re: Doctor Who/Torchwood *SATURDAY & SUNDAY*

Postby Posscat on Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:51 pm

A winner is you, Owen? I think not.

Would be cool to meet cha again~ But yarr, it is hard for Ruthy-poo to get down here 8,D
Anyway, ringtone contest of win; my mum has the 1970's Doctor Who theme as her ringtone. However, the TARDIS landing noise would be awesome.
Any Matt Smith quote would do me for a ringtone as well~

Popping to Henley tomorrow to see if any charity shops have any Doctor Who stoof. Ie, cosplay stuff. Not actually DW merch.

PS, Any of the group need to contact moi or just want a chat. Feel free to add mah email.
boobug@hot mail.co.uk
Without the space, of course.
Last edited by Posscat on Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Posscat
 
Posts: 716
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2009 3:24 pm
Location: Reading, Berkshire

Re: Doctor Who/Torchwood *SATURDAY & SUNDAY*

Postby magpiefabric on Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:55 pm

This is a hopelessly retarded question but does anyone know where I could buy some sort of greek dress, basically the one the weepingel wears?
Image
User avatar
magpiefabric
 
Posts: 381
Joined: Sun Oct 25, 2009 10:01 pm
Location: Horsham

Re: Doctor Who/Torchwood *SATURDAY & SUNDAY*

Postby Posscat on Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:57 pm

magpiefabric wrote:This is a hopelessly retarded question but does anyone know where I could buy some sort of greek dress, basically the one the weepingel wears?


I would say a wedding dress store. But I'm probably wrong and you'd look a bit weird going in there and buying a dress, as awkwardly feminine as you are, Owen.
Maybe check around online? I'm sure you could get a white long summer-y dress and dye it grey. But I am not entirely sure meself.
User avatar
Posscat
 
Posts: 716
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2009 3:24 pm
Location: Reading, Berkshire

Re: Doctor Who/Torchwood *SATURDAY & SUNDAY*

Postby magpiefabric on Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:19 pm

Posscat wrote:
magpiefabric wrote:This is a hopelessly retarded question but does anyone know where I could buy some sort of greek dress, basically the one the weepingel wears?


I would say a wedding dress store. But I'm probably wrong and you'd look a bit weird going in there and buying a dress, as awkwardly feminine as you are, Owen.
Maybe check around online? I'm sure you could get a white long summer-y dress and dye it grey. But I am not entirely sure meself.

Through this I have learnt how utterly retarded google's shopping module is. Search "greek" or "angel" in any sort of clothing context, you'll find it very... informative. Anyhow I might just make it to save time and likely moneiz.
Image
User avatar
magpiefabric
 
Posts: 381
Joined: Sun Oct 25, 2009 10:01 pm
Location: Horsham

Re: Doctor Who/Torchwood *SATURDAY & SUNDAY*

Postby simonjedi on Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:30 pm

I'd love to meet the who cosplayers again, so put me down as a maybe please. (probably sunday because more people are doing sunday.)

No idea who ATM, maybe proper 11 (if I can find a tweedish jacket) or if i'm feeling lazy/cheap i'll just be raggedy doctor again.
User avatar
simonjedi
 
Posts: 48
Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:28 pm
Location: Stoke.

Re: Doctor Who/Torchwood *SATURDAY & SUNDAY*

Postby homesweethomicide13 on Tue Jun 15, 2010 5:39 pm

Looks like I'm definitely gonna be doing Jack on the Saturday. I would do Sunday with everyone but as it's Halloween I have a special cosplay already planned for that.
Image
User avatar
homesweethomicide13
 
Posts: 1197
Joined: Sun May 24, 2009 8:47 pm
Location: Poole, Dorset

Re: Doctor Who/Torchwood *SATURDAY & SUNDAY*

Postby simonjedi on Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:39 am

In my search for tweed jackets I came across loads and loads of leather jackets.

Can you change my cosplay to Doc 9 please (Still sunday)

I would do Sunday with everyone but as it's Halloween I have a special cosplay already planned for that.


:(. Especially if we get a 10 cosplayer on the sunday, the photoshoot possibilities would have been endless
User avatar
simonjedi
 
Posts: 48
Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:28 pm
Location: Stoke.

Re: Doctor Who/Torchwood *SATURDAY & SUNDAY*

Postby homesweethomicide13 on Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:13 pm

simonjedi wrote:In my search for tweed jackets I came across loads and loads of leather jackets.

Can you change my cosplay to Doc 9 please (Still sunday)

I would do Sunday with everyone but as it's Halloween I have a special cosplay already planned for that.


:(. Especially if we get a 10 cosplayer on the sunday, the photoshoot possibilities would have been endless


Well... depending on when my Sunday photoshoot is, if you desperately need a Jack I can change into it quickly. Might be awkward since my Sunday cosplay requires me to have a very pale face with dark shadows and "cracks"... and we intend to enter the masquerade with it. So it's not convenient but I can try!
Image
User avatar
homesweethomicide13
 
Posts: 1197
Joined: Sun May 24, 2009 8:47 pm
Location: Poole, Dorset

Re: Doctor Who/Torchwood *SATURDAY & SUNDAY*

Postby simonjedi on Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:23 pm

homesweethomicide13 wrote:
simonjedi wrote:In my search for tweed jackets I came across loads and loads of leather jackets.

Can you change my cosplay to Doc 9 please (Still sunday)

I would do Sunday with everyone but as it's Halloween I have a special cosplay already planned for that.


:(. Especially if we get a 10 cosplayer on the sunday, the photoshoot possibilities would have been endless


Well... depending on when my Sunday photoshoot is, if you desperately need a Jack I can change into it quickly. Might be awkward since my Sunday cosplay requires me to have a very pale face with dark shadows and "cracks"... and we intend to enter the masquerade with it. So it's not convenient but I can try!


We could just say it was Jack's EMO phase. Too bad it would last 737 years though :P
User avatar
simonjedi
 
Posts: 48
Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:28 pm
Location: Stoke.

Re: Doctor Who/Torchwood *SATURDAY & SUNDAY*

Postby homesweethomicide13 on Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:18 am

IDEA!

Instead of being normal Jack (as if such a thing exists~), I might be able to do battered!Jack from Last of the Time Lords on the Sunday, since all I'll need to do is quickly pull on a filthy, torn white shirt & blue shirt, dirty myself up a bit... XD easy enough to change into.
As I said though, it depends when the shoot is, due to masquerade, photoshoot and other plans for my Sunday cosplay.

So~
Whoever is in charge here ;) Put me down on the Sunday as Last Of The Time Lords Jack as a MAYBE only.

I might do LOTTL Jack on the Friday, actually...
Image
User avatar
homesweethomicide13
 
Posts: 1197
Joined: Sun May 24, 2009 8:47 pm
Location: Poole, Dorset

Re: Doctor Who/Torchwood *SATURDAY & SUNDAY*

Postby englicana on Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:41 pm

Voyage of the Damned Doctor may be making an appearance for the friday night and maybe a bit of Saturday once my Sasori cosplay starts hurting again (it was rather painful last time I wore it ¬¬)
Image
User avatar
englicana
 
Posts: 293
Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2008 6:33 pm
Location: Swansea

Re: Doctor Who/Torchwood *SATURDAY & SUNDAY*

Postby Posscat on Tue Jun 22, 2010 7:24 am

11th Doctor is looking less and less likely due to lack of money. *sob* Why must JUST that jacket cost so much?
Keep me down as a maybe as I might still do it, depending on my financial situation at the end of next month.
On a seperate note; finale on Saturday. I can't express my excitement 8D
User avatar
Posscat
 
Posts: 716
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2009 3:24 pm
Location: Reading, Berkshire

Re: Doctor Who/Torchwood *SATURDAY & SUNDAY*

Postby magpiefabric on Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:25 am

Posscat wrote:11th Doctor is looking less and less likely due to lack of money. *sob* Why must JUST that jacket cost so much?
Keep me down as a maybe as I might still do it, depending on my financial situation at the end of next month.
On a seperate note; finale on Saturday. I can't express my excitement 8D

IT'S ALSO THE END OF THE WORLD THAT DAY, WHAT A COINCIDENCE!
Image
User avatar
magpiefabric
 
Posts: 381
Joined: Sun Oct 25, 2009 10:01 pm
Location: Horsham

Re: Doctor Who/Torchwood *SATURDAY & SUNDAY*

Postby englicana on Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:29 am

Posscat wrote:11th Doctor is looking less and less likely due to lack of money. *sob* Why must JUST that jacket cost so much?
Keep me down as a maybe as I might still do it, depending on my financial situation at the end of next month.
On a seperate note; finale on Saturday. I can't express my excitement 8D


My 11th jacket cost me about £35 on ebay... how much is yours costing?
Image
User avatar
englicana
 
Posts: 293
Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2008 6:33 pm
Location: Swansea

Re: Doctor Who/Torchwood *SATURDAY & SUNDAY*

Postby homesweethomicide13 on Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:51 am

Posscat wrote:11th Doctor is looking less and less likely due to lack of money. *sob* Why must JUST that jacket cost so much?
Keep me down as a maybe as I might still do it, depending on my financial situation at the end of next month.
On a seperate note; finale on Saturday. I can't express my excitement 8D


As I said to englicana when she first decided to cosplay the 11th Doc, if the jacket is too much you could always say you're "Flesh and Stone" Doctor, after the angels stole his jacket =P

Oh, and~
Depending on whether or not I'll have it done by then, I might even debut my Captain John Hart cosplay =P On the Friday only if that happens though XD
Image
User avatar
homesweethomicide13
 
Posts: 1197
Joined: Sun May 24, 2009 8:47 pm
Location: Poole, Dorset

Re: Doctor Who/Torchwood *SATURDAY & SUNDAY*

Postby Blind-Asabat on Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:02 pm

Sorry, been a bit AWOL with work, college and Life -___- Damn Life, always getting in the way! I'll keep things updated even if I don't post here! Having a slight costume Rethink, going to definitely stick with the 4th Doctor on the Sunday, but may bring my Pond costume on the Saturday incase my other cosplay falls apart, like things tend to do in my presence...
Blind-Asabat
 
Posts: 375
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:07 pm

Re: Doctor Who/Torchwood *SATURDAY & SUNDAY*

Postby Posscat on Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:24 am

The jacket is costing me £40 or so. But then I also have to get everything else ie, shirt, bowtie, bracers, trousers, shoes and sonic screwdriver. Adding to about £90+ which is rather a lot for someone who only get's paid £40 a month and has various other things planned between now and expo.
If anything is missing, I might ask my parents to help out as part of my birthday present or something. > 3> Just cos I want to run around sonic screwdrivering anything that looks remotely alien like.

Also, that idea for not having a jacket is possibly the best thing I've heard for some time. GENIUS!
User avatar
Posscat
 
Posts: 716
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2009 3:24 pm
Location: Reading, Berkshire

Re: Doctor Who/Torchwood *SATURDAY & SUNDAY*

Postby homesweethomicide13 on Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:16 pm

Posscat wrote:The jacket is costing me £40 or so. But then I also have to get everything else ie, shirt, bowtie, bracers, trousers, shoes and sonic screwdriver. Adding to about £90+ which is rather a lot for someone who only get's paid £40 a month and has various other things planned between now and expo.
If anything is missing, I might ask my parents to help out as part of my birthday present or something. > 3> Just cos I want to run around sonic screwdrivering anything that looks remotely alien like.

Also, that idea for not having a jacket is possibly the best thing I've heard for some time. GENIUS!


=D That's me. Captain Jacky = Genius.

Shirt can be found relatively cheaply if you look around a lot. Bowtie is usually about £7+ depending on where you get it, braces can be from £2 to £11 (my Jack braces were about £5), trousers again can be found quite cheaply, and if you get a pair of plain, normal black boots they can be under £20 in some places.
Most expensive thing besides the jacket will be the screwdriver. XD

But I know what you mean. My Captain Jack coat cost me £116 (incl. postage)
Image
User avatar
homesweethomicide13
 
Posts: 1197
Joined: Sun May 24, 2009 8:47 pm
Location: Poole, Dorset

Re: Doctor Who/Torchwood *SATURDAY & SUNDAY*

Postby homesweethomicide13 on Sat Jun 26, 2010 8:59 pm

Sorry for the double-post guys, but!
If I have my Captain John jacket made in time, I'll be Captain John Hart on the Friday.
Image
User avatar
homesweethomicide13
 
Posts: 1197
Joined: Sun May 24, 2009 8:47 pm
Location: Poole, Dorset

Re: Doctor Who/Torchwood *SATURDAY & SUNDAY*

Postby simonjedi on Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:25 pm

That would be awesome,

If someone's doing an 11 make sure its the fez and mop version!
User avatar
simonjedi
 
Posts: 48
Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:28 pm
Location: Stoke.

Re: Doctor Who/Torchwood *SATURDAY & SUNDAY*

Postby homesweethomicide13 on Sun Jun 27, 2010 12:00 am

simonjedi wrote:That would be awesome,

If someone's doing an 11 make sure its the fez and mop version!


I actually considered doing 11th just for the fez and mop XD
But if I was to cosplay the Doctor, it'd be the 10th. MY Doctor ;]
Image
User avatar
homesweethomicide13
 
Posts: 1197
Joined: Sun May 24, 2009 8:47 pm
Location: Poole, Dorset

Re: Doctor Who/Torchwood *SATURDAY & SUNDAY*

Postby Posscat on Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:01 am

Seeing as someone has made a comment about it... if I DO do 11... I will have a fez and a mop. Why?

Because fez's are cooooool~
User avatar
Posscat
 
Posts: 716
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2009 3:24 pm
Location: Reading, Berkshire

PreviousNext

Return to MCM FRINGE ACTIVITIES FESTIVAL @ EXPO

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron