So, basically, as you all know, this expo is on halloween, so trick or treating is a must, but if you want to do so, then I have made a few rules for you all:
If all goes well, I will organise this next October, no matter if its on halloween or not.How this will work:
At 9:30, put the poster outside your door and send half of the occupants out to do some trick or treating. The other half stays in the room and waits for others coming to their door for treats.
At 10:15, you swap jobs between those trick or treating and those in the room.
Repeat until 11:00, when everything must stop to allow for nomming sweets and sleep
If you don't want to go out, just put a poster up and let people come to you, but no reversing and just going out trick or treating.
Cosplay isn't neccasary, but badges and posters most certainly are!
Don't be afraid to ask to see the badge or wristband, we don't want any gatecrashers or chavs joining in.LINK TO POSTER AND BADGE! You must use these and no others.
Badge: http://i379.photobucket.com/albums/oo233/larasbestm8/ctotbadge.jpgBlack and White Printer Friendly Version
(Just stick a safety pin on the back of the badge.)Time:
PTI, Ibis and Custom HouseRules:
* You may only knock on doors with the designated poster on.
* People knocking on doors must either: still have wristband from expo on, or a designated badge.
* You must stay in your own hotel. We're trying to keep hotel receptions clear for the general public.
* You MUST be quiet as possible, there are members of the general public there aswell.
* You MUST stop and take down your poster at 11:00, no exceptions. I have friends in each hotel who will be checking.
* You MUST swap jobs at 10:15.
* Everyone MUST have a turn, otherwise its unfair.
* Sweets ONLY, no money or anything else.
* DO NOT give ANYTHING to those without a badge or wristband.
* You can only join in someone else's hotel trick or treat if you have friends staying there and you go around with them.
* NO CARRYING WEAPONS, REAL OR FAKE. (Wands are ok, nothing bigger than 1m though.)
* NO TRICKS, NO PRANKS, NO RUNNING, NO BANGING, NO SHOUTING.TO ALL PEOPLE PLANNING ON ATTENDING
Some hotels have expressed concern over health and safety. For god's sake, be sensible. Common sense is not
PTI have also asked for the event to be an 'invisible event', i.e. no members of the public know what's going on. So, keep quiet and try not to clutter up corridors and don't run around acting like you've just drunk 12 cans of red bull in a row. Pleeeeeeeeeeease. We want to be on their good side...For those unable to go to the event
I will be outside the excel centre at 9:00 with a bowl (or two) of sweets to give out. You may also be able to find me giving out sweets during the day.
Sorry, but any actual cosplay trick or treaters can't have any from the night give-out, its for those who can't go to the event only, just so that everyone gets some sweets!
Look out for a girl in the pumpkin/bat outfit on the poster!
I am TheEmoEmu. Deal with it.