Pirate vs Ninja (Registered)

This is the place to get information on the many fan run organised activities that take place at Expo over the weekend.

This is also the place to find information on what Expo organised MCM FRINGE FESTIVAL activities will be taking place, more information can found at: http://www.londonexpo.com/show_features ... ringe.html

Pirate vs Ninja (Registered)

Postby Taldur on Fri Aug 13, 2010 5:34 pm

Me and my friend shall be attending the Saturday as a Pirate and Ninja. We are planning to have a few conflicts or games throughout the day to see who is truly the best. We already have the free hug competition (who gets the most hugs wins) but we're looking for more ideas, and also ideas for prizes and punishments. We would also like to involve the community as much as possible

thanks

Taldur

*EDIT*
This was on the Friday but is now being moved to the Saturday, due to there being more people, also had to cancel CTF due to the difficulty of running such a large event.

Games finalised

Game 1: Love

The Pirate and the Ninja will be walking around with "Free Hug" signs, the amount will be totaled, the person who gets the mosts hugs wins round 1

Game 2: Hunter and Hunted

The Pirate and a Ninja are in a battle of cunning and deceit. The first to find the other throughout the entire expo wins, the loser is then tied to a tree with clingfilm for all to see, and has to admit to a video recording that the opposing team is better.

Game 3: Death-snap

A typical game of snap between the 2 sides, With added danger and consequences.

Game 4: Scavenger

The Pirate and Ninja are each given a list of "Items" that they must search for throughout the Expo and take a picture of, these "Items" will range from a physical item such as a ring to a certain character such as Naruto (these are very obvious examples that won't be in the final list.) For this game the Pirate and Ninja can employ the help of people who have proved themselves helpfull in the previous games. "Deck-hands" for Pirate. "Genin" for Ninja. Both teams must be equal in number

Game 5: CTF

The Pirate and the Ninja have stolen each others flags, it is up to their deck-hands and genin to hunt down the thief of their flag and return it to the bureau leader found at the start.

Final: FIGHT

The Pirate and the Ninja take place in a battle to show you who is the deadliest expo warrior.
Last edited by Taldur on Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:27 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Taldur

Re: Pirate vs Ninja

Postby ShinigamiApples on Fri Aug 13, 2010 5:53 pm

This sounds like a pretty funny competition XD

What about a game of capture the flag? Like... have a pirate flag for the pirate, and a ... er... ninja flag for the ninja
Do ninjas even have flags?
But that would really get everyone wanting to join in! Srsly, who doesn't LOVE capture the flag? Plus there's a big grass space outside and everything

I don't really have any ideas about punishments... but how about sweets & lollipops & pocky & all that shiz as prizes? I mean, most people like sweets, and lots of people who go to expo are obsessed with pocky in a crazy way, so any sort of yummy treat could be used as a prize - plus you can buy them nice & cheap from bargain shops XD
ShinigamiApples

Postby Taldur on Fri Aug 13, 2010 5:55 pm

Sounds Brilliant thanks, would I have to register a Capture the flag style game with MCM Fringe though?
Taldur

Postby ShinigamiApples on Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:00 pm

Probably, but its no big deal really, it just saves trouble on the day
I'd definately be up for playing this, and i know most of my friends who are going to expo would too!
The more the merrier?
ShinigamiApples

Postby Taldur on Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:02 pm

Great thanks, glad to have someone who knows the rules, who's side are you on?
Taldur

Postby ashwerewolf on Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:03 pm

for the punishment the looser can look into a camera and say "i am (whoever) and pirates are not as cool as ninjas" or the other way around lol
ashwerewolf

Postby ShinigamiApples on Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:05 pm

:O
ERRRRR
Well, i know the 2 people i'm travelling down with will be pirates all the way, so i'm team ninja! HIII-YAH!

:o which rules do i know?
I know the capture the flag rules, and i know (ish) the fringe rules, because when it was first introduced i had a looot of questions XP
ShinigamiApples

Postby Taldur on Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:07 pm

I meant CTF I know the idea, take flag and return, but nothing else, is it contact (grapple the enemy etc)

and i'm the Pirate ^^
Taldur

Postby Taldur on Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:09 pm

ashwerewolf wrote:for the punishment the looser can look into a camera and say "i am (whoever) and pirates are not as cool as ninjas" or the other way around lol

XD Brilliant
Taldur

Postby ShinigamiApples on Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:22 pm

:O oh my goodness, grapple the enemy?
...that sounds fun, but very dangerous, especially with costumes & that XP
Tag's the easiest way to do it, because you can just tap someone without fear of injury (from them attacking you because their costume got dented)

You have 2 bases on opposite sides & each base contains your flag.
There's a line down the middle which marks each team's 'territory' and when a member of the opposing team crosses over the line, they can be tagged.
If someone is tagged, they get sent to the 'jail' which is a spot in the opposing team's half. Someone usually guards the jail because if you tag a teamate who is in jail they become free.
Inside the base is a safe zone, so no one can be tagged inside it, but as soon as you leave the base (with or without the flag) you can be tagged and sent to jail, thereby losing the flag.
You win if you can get the opposing team's flag onto your team's half.

There's a bit more detail about jail:
'Jail' is one single place (like a cone or a hoody or whatever) whereas 'base' is an area marked off.
The first person in jail has to have physical contact with the jail marker, and then people who are next sent to jail can form a chain with them to try and stretch out to anyone who can free them, and the next person will lengthen that chain, and so on.
If one person in the jail chain is tagged by a teamate, then everyone in jail is free and can run away.
However, once the people in jail are free, they can be tagged and sent back again!

Yeah, thats pretty much it... sorry if i've explained it badly, if you don't understand some of it, please let me know! XD Its a game best learnt by playing it, so the rules sound complicated when i say them.
Of course, the rules can be changed & adapted, because this is just how i played it as a kid on a field.
ShinigamiApples

Postby NinjaMorth on Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:25 pm

haha and im the ninja XD woooop

and yeah ctf sounds goood :P
NinjaMorth

Postby Taldur on Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:26 pm

I have a much better idea now thanks, I shall start creating some flags soon
Taldur

Postby Xigalicious on Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:35 pm

oooh capture the flag! I love that game <3
I would so be up for that 8D
pirates ftw >:]
Xigalicious

Postby Saint_Arios on Sat Aug 14, 2010 12:40 am

Do I detect the One Piecees and the Narutards finally coming together in one ultimate show down?
Saint_Arios

Postby Taldur on Sat Aug 14, 2010 1:59 pm

Saint_Arios wrote:Do I detect the One Piecees and the Narutards finally coming together in one ultimate show down?

I sure hope so ^^
Taldur

Postby Izzi-chan on Sat Aug 14, 2010 3:55 pm

I tried this in May, got it registered and everything, but absolutely noone turned up (I suspect because it was raining) other than my small band of cosplayers. Was a huge dissapointment.
I won't be ninja-ing up this time but I wish you better luck getting this to happen than i did.
Izzi-chan

Postby Taldur on Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:46 pm

Thanks Izzi, sorry your's didn't go too well :(
Taldur

Postby Taldur on Thu Sep 16, 2010 4:45 pm

although Capture the Flag was a brilliant idea i'm starting to think that it may not work, there are a lot of picnic groups planning to use that spot, and we can't just take it. Back to the drawing board
Taldur

Postby ShinigamiApples on Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:30 pm

Fair enough :)

How about a game of snap?
ShinigamiApples

Postby Xigalicious on Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:46 pm

I like snap!! 8D
Xigalicious

Postby DarkDragon131 on Fri Sep 17, 2010 6:57 am