Scott pilgrim group (Registered)

This is the place to get information on the many fan run organised activities that take place at Expo over the weekend.

This is also the place to find information on what Expo organised MCM FRINGE FESTIVAL activities will be taking place, more information can found at: http://www.londonexpo.com/show_features ... ringe.html

Re: Scott pilgrim group (Registered)

Postby shawlax on Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:40 pm

ill have his blue sword (bad as it is) but its something ;p
shawlax

Postby Scoot on Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:54 pm

livianimegirl wrote:Ooh, so many Scott Pilgrim cosplayers! Awesome!
I LOVE Scott Pilgrim and I'd like to cosplay Ramona in the future but I won't be cosplaying her for October.

If I see any of you, I might come and ask you for a photo! Then again, I might not since I always say that and then I'm just too shy about asking people for photos at the actual Expo >w< Ffff, I hate being so shy.

Either way, Scott Pilgrim cosplay = awesome.

Awww don't be shy :) I was waaaay too shy last year, I went expecting to get loads of pictures of people but I didn't get any >.< but this year, this year i'm all ready, no more shy girl :P
Scoot

Postby livianimegirl on Mon Oct 18, 2010 5:47 pm

Scoot wrote:
I LOVE Scott Pilgrim and I'd like to cosplay Ramona in the future but I won't be cosplaying her for October.

If I see any of you, I might come and ask you for a photo! Then again, I might not since I always say that and then I'm just too shy about asking people for photos at the actual Expo >w< Ffff, I hate being so shy.

Awww don't be shy :) I was waaaay too shy last year, I went expecting to get loads of pictures of people but I didn't get any >.< but this year, this year i'm all ready, no more shy girl :P

I'll try!
I only managed to pluck up the courage to go and ask one group for a photo but I didn't even get to them since it was inside and crowded and I got swept away in the crowds and missed them D':
I want to actually get some photos of people this time! >w<
Sat/Sun - Mituna
livianimegirl

Postby CaptainWales on Tue Oct 19, 2010 4:37 pm

My two Gideon logo shirts arrived today :D I ordered two because I wanted to actually have one to wear normally since I'm cutting the other one to make it 'battle damaged' :P
I need to do the stab wound in the centre of the triangle, two slashes across the stomach area and a small cut on one of the arms. I'll add the fake blood on the day to finish it off.
And yet again I cant get the images to work here so here's a link to it on Flickr instead :P
http://www.flickr.com/photos/40129682@N08/5097221378/
CaptainWales

Postby ZeroSilence on Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:44 pm

If I see you, I'll pounce on you, then you won't have to be shy! :D
ZeroSilence

Postby Scoot on Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:35 pm

Progress! Iv'finished the bat, kind of styled the wig (I failed a bit) and sewn the sripes on the sides of the shorts 8) I brought some really nice boots the other day but when I got home one of them was all scratched =( So iv'e ordered some more because they didn't have my size in the shop >.<

over 9000 hours in paint

oh god sorry the pictures are so big :shock:
Scoot

Postby shawlax on Fri Oct 22, 2010 6:47 am

looks good =]
shawlax

Postby CaptainWales on Sat Oct 23, 2010 8:11 pm

Costume looks awesome Scoot! Smiley face in the last pic made me laugh :P the bat looks cool, how did you write on it in the end? Sharpie or paint? Looks neat anyway :)
CaptainWales

Postby ZeroSilence on Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:59 pm

Hoping to God my wig arrives in time! If it does, I'm finished and you guys get to see the final piece. I'll probably be doing wig styling in my room. :lol:
ZeroSilence

Postby Scoot on Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:12 pm

Guys what should I do about my lip piercings? Leave them or get the plastic lip retainers? :?
Scoot

Postby CaptainWales on Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:20 pm

Managed to get together 3 Scott costumes now so I've got one for every day :D
Pixel skull shirt (bread makes you fat scene) Friday
Battle damaged Gideon shirt (Volume 6) Saturday
Plumtree shirt and parka combo (Volume 1) Sunday
Also made myself a little laminated badge that says "Scott Pilgrim 23 Year Old Rating Awesome" as a little last minute extra :)
@Scoot I probably wouldn't worry about lip piercings, no one's going to mind, it just depends how authentic you want the character to be :P
CaptainWales

Postby shawlax on Fri Oct 29, 2010 6:14 am

Todays the day, if anyone is going down today im gonna be there as "chuck" *guy in a white shirt* come say hi
shawlax

Postby Scoot on Fri Oct 29, 2010 6:40 am

WOOP! Leaving for London in a few hours :) I got up extra early to make sure I was all ready but now i've got nothing to do for a few hours :P I'm not going to the expo today, just tomorrow, but I might go check it out.
I got the plastic lip piercings, they were only like £2 each so owell 8)

P.s My picture pretty much sums up how excited I am :D
Scoot

Postby chibi on Fri Oct 29, 2010 9:05 pm

Couldn't even get Roxy started due to lack of time and monies D:

I'll be bringing my Kim pine along though! So if you spy someone who looks like this, then it's probably me XD

Edit: Also, Scoot, what episode is your av from? I've seen them all up to date but I can't figure out which bit that is and it's driving me nuts!! XD
[Error 404. Sanity Not Found.]
chibi

Postby Rocksnotdead101 on Sat Oct 30, 2010 8:10 pm

Wow, today was great! First time i've ever cosplayed and I doubt it will be the last! The shoot today was brilliant and I can't wait to see some shots :D

If you do have any photographs from the saturday shoot I'd love to see them. I was One of the Scotts, Josh. Tall, fair/brown shaggy hair, brown material belt, blue jeans, plumtree tee, navy parka. Did some epic jumping shots with a Todd and a Gideon.

It'd be cool to stay in contact with you guys as I had great fun doing this, my email is: kalo8@..co.uk

Thanks for an awesome time!

-Josh
Rocksnotdead101

Postby CaptainWales on Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:52 pm

Was an epic time at the meet up, great meeting everyone and I hope you all got some cool pictures. I was shooting on my flipcam the whole time so I'm going to try edit together a short video set to some Scott Pilgrim music or something :P
CaptainWales

Postby Rocksnotdead101 on Sun Oct 31, 2010 10:12 pm

CaptainWales wrote:Was an epic time at the meet up, great meeting everyone and I hope you all got some cool pictures. I was shooting on my flipcam the whole time so I'm going to try edit together a short video set to some Scott Pilgrim music or something :P
Sweet! Can't wait!
Rocksnotdead101

Postby Yamakaze'd on Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:52 pm

I was the random HYDRA Agent at the shoot taking pics - expect them tonight!

You guys were amazing!
Oct Expo: Akainu, Toad, Seamus
Yamakaze'd

Postby CaptainWales on Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:44 pm

That sounds great Yamakaze'd can't wait to see them :)
By the way did anyone see the awesome mini Scott Pilgrim Cosplayers? On Saturday after the meet I saw a Todd Ingram who was about 8 wearing the white costume and he had a guitar hero controller on his back which was a cool prop. Then on the Sunday I walked past a girl dressed as Ramona of a similar age (7/8) with a purple wig, goggles and a subspace handbag with a Scott plushie poking out. I thought it was so cool that kids that age were cosplaying from Scott Pilgrim. I did want to get some pictures but I felt way too weird asking for pictures of kids that young :P

EDIT:
Also I just remembered Edgar Wright is having some sort of Scott Pilgrim Halloween Costume cometition on his blog ( http://www.edgarwrighthere.com/2010/10/ ... tries-now/ ) so if anyone's got some good pictures from the meet submit them to scottpilgrimhalloween@gmail.com to get them featured. All the info is ont he page but I thought it'd be cool to get our efforts noticed XD
CaptainWales

Postby shawlax on Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:03 pm

viewtopic.php?f=303&t=15678

pictures, Enjoy and thx all for making this group a success

add me on facebook (Gareth Shaw)

or msn - shawlax1@ntlworld.com
shawlax

Postby Rocksnotdead101 on Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:14 pm

Which Gareth Shaw? :P

What is your Profile picture?
Rocksnotdead101

Postby shawlax on Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:30 pm

Rocksnotdead101 wrote:Which Gareth Shaw? :P

What is your Profile picture?

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=617560552
shawlax

Postby CaptainWales on Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:35 pm

shawlax wrote:http://www.mcmexpogroup.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=303&t=15678

pictures, Enjoy and thx all for making this group a success

add me on facebook (Gareth Shaw)

or . - shawlax1@ntlworld.com

Added :) Great pictures by the way, it's awesome to be able to see some cause I only took video and no still photos :P
CaptainWales

Postby GamerChris on Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:16 am

Hey guys how's it going? It's one of the many, *many* Gideons here (The one with the sweet cane) :D

Saturday was freaking awesome and I am glad that a fellow Gideon brought this meeting to my attention, especially because I've been lurking on this forum the entire time :$ It was great meeting you guys, and I wish I talked to you guys some more, rather than hide with my fellow friends who came in Scott Pilgrim costume with me (The only Katayanagi twin there, a Todd and a Scott and Ramona couple. And our friend as Bananaman, but that's another story...)

But yeah...Add me on Facebook! I would love to see all the awesome pics you guys took as well, and maybe we could talk sometime, maybe meet-up at the next Expo or something, whatever, you guys are cool :D :P

My Facebook is http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=525296829, add me ladies and gentlemen :P
GamerChris

Postby shawlax on Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:09 pm

Scoot wrote:WOOP! Leaving for London in a few hours :) I got up extra early to make sure I was all ready but now i've got nothing to do for a few hours :P I'm not going to the expo today, just tomorrow, but I might go check it out.
I got the plastic lip piercings, they were only like £2 each so owell 8)

P.s My picture pretty much sums up how excited I am :D

You got facebook? so we can tag ya
shawlax

Previous

Return to MCM FRINGE ACTIVITIES FESTIVAL @ EXPO