Scott pilgrim group (Registered)

This is the place to get information on the many fan run organised activities that take place at Expo over the weekend.

This is also the place to find information on what Expo organised MCM FRINGE FESTIVAL activities will be taking place, more information can found at: http://www.londonexpo.com/show_features ... ringe.html

Re: Scott pilgrim group?

Postby CaptainWales on Sun Sep 19, 2010 9:53 pm

shawlax wrote:Ok...progress pic here ....

I havent done my wig yet to fit the look so i took this without it -

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Dude that's awesome :D Lol I'm getting excited for this now :) always kicks in about 6 weeks before any cons I got to :P
CaptainWales

Postby LittleMissChikorita on Sun Sep 26, 2010 6:06 am

progress pictures here
http://www.cosplayisland.com/costume/view/27011

just got my oversized subspace handbag version today, need to get my pink star on it :)
MOKO CHAN!!
¬.¬ Mokona hungry!
LittleMissChikorita

Postby CaptainWales on Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:42 pm

LittleMissChikorita wrote:progress pictures here
http://www.cosplayisland.com/costume/view/27011

just got my oversized subspace handbag version today, need to get my pink star on it :)

That looks great :D I always liked that costume when I saw it in volume 6.

Also general thing here :P I'll be bringing along my Flip Ultra HD videocamera so if anyone wants to film anything that'll be cool, like fake fights or scenes from the comic/film or whatever :) I was just going to get footage of the meet and make a little compilation video if I get enough good footage. And I'll probably use little bits for another general MCM video I'm going to make.
CaptainWales

Postby hannibalistic on Mon Sep 27, 2010 2:37 pm

Heyy, I'm going as a female version of Gideon Graves on saturday! Yay, genderbending. ;w; I'm also hoping to get a sword done too!
hannibalistic

Postby hannibalistic on Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:18 pm

Oh, and a good friend of mine is going as Scott Pilgrim c: HE'S A REAL LIFE BASSIST check out his cover of the bass battle!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S83DbNkKzFM I'll try to persuade him to bring his guitar so we can rock out cool style.
hannibalistic

Postby Admin on Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:51 pm

IS THERE A GOOD REASON WHY THIS GROUP HAS NOT YET BEEN OFFICIALLY REGISTERED AS PART OF THE MCM FRINGE FESTIVAL?

YOU NEED TO REGISTER THIS GROUP IF IT IS TO TAKE PLACE AT THE EVENT - TIME IS RUNNING OUT!

EMAIL: mcmfringe@mcmexpo.net

ADMIN
Admin
Site Admin

Postby CaptainWales on Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:23 pm

hannibalistic wrote:Oh, and a good friend of mine is going as Scott Pilgrim c: HE'S A REAL LIFE BASSIST check out his cover of the bass battle!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S83DbNkKzFM I'll try to persuade him to bring his guitar so we can rock out cool style.

You costume sounds cool. Also tell your friend that's an awesome cover :D Images from the film came flooding back to me when I heard it :P I'm actually a real life drummer and want to try learn some of the music from the film. It's so catchy :)
CaptainWales

Postby Rocksnotdead101 on Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:08 pm

Ohai. I'm Josh. (The guy mentioned below playing bass) erm. 8D 'sup.

I was thinking of going as Scott Pilgrim but i see someone is already doing that... :s
Rocksnotdead101

Postby ZeroSilence on Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:17 pm

In progress pics can be found here:
http://www.cosplayisland.co.uk/costume/view/29969

Hopefully I'll get everything finished for Expo! Can't wait now!
ZeroSilence

Postby CaptainWales on Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:43 pm

Rocksnotdead101 wrote:Ohai. I'm Josh. (The guy mentioned below playing bass) erm. 8D 'sup.

I was thinking of going as Scott Pilgrim but i see someone is already doing that... :s

You should go for it :) it's not like it's only one person per character or anything. There's like 3 Scott's and Gideon's already XD you probably saw in my other comment but great bass cover.

Also costumes looking good zerosilence.
CaptainWales

Postby Rocksnotdead101 on Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:06 pm

Thankyou Glad you liked it. I was considering Nega Scott, But that would mean changing the colour of all my clothes and wearing makeup which would be annoying for a whole day. Nice costume Zero'
Rocksnotdead101

Postby Kylmar on Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:55 am

Admin wrote:IS THERE A GOOD REASON WHY THIS GROUP HAS NOT YET BEEN OFFICIALLY REGISTERED AS PART OF THE MCM FRINGE FESTIVAL?

YOU NEED TO REGISTER THIS GROUP IF IT IS TO TAKE PLACE AT THE EVENT - TIME IS RUNNING OUT!

ADMIN

What exactly is the benefit of officially registering the group? We all know what's going on in this thread.
Kylmar

Postby Admin on Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:02 am

Kylmar wrote:
Admin wrote:IS THERE A GOOD REASON WHY THIS GROUP HAS NOT YET BEEN OFFICIALLY REGISTERED AS PART OF THE MCM FRINGE FESTIVAL?

ADMIN

What exactly is the benefit of officially registering the group? We all know what's going on in this thread.

Simply answered read this post that has been up for quite a while now: http://www.mcmexpogroup.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=299&t=14581

It is very clear
Admin
Site Admin

Postby Kylmar on Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:31 am

Admin wrote:Simply answered read this post that has been up for quite a while now: http://www.mcmexpogroup.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=299&t=14581

It is very clear

Well, Shawlax can sort that out, he's in charge on the group. BTW, I've changed my mind, I'm being Stills now. You can go ahead and add me to the list.
Kylmar

Re: Scott pilgrim group (Registered)

Postby ZeroSilence on Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:48 pm

Someone else on CosplayIsland, Littlegeeky is going to cosplay Kim Pine!
Looks like we have an entire Sex Bob-Omb!
ZeroSilence

Postby shawlax on Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:58 pm

So, Update the list of what people are going as + this is now a registered fringe group

So, plan is to get some group shots at

Saturday

12 lunch time

Meeting up at the admin desk, then either staying there or moving to somewhere with some space

Some costumes have gone up on cosplay island and i must say they are looking very good and cant wait to see them in person.
shawlax

Postby Kylmar on Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:30 pm

Who's fishyfins?
Kylmar

Postby ZeroSilence on Fri Oct 01, 2010 4:13 pm

Kylmar wrote:Who's fishyfins?

Someone from CosplayIsland
ZeroSilence

Postby CaptainWales on Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:12 pm

The X patch for the Parka arrived today. Looks just like the one in the film but I just need to sew it on now, hope I dont screw it up XD
CaptainWales

Postby soulless01475 on Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:42 pm

I'm just waiting on the wig and coat arriving, then i'll be uploading photos of the comic gideon i'm doing >w<

I'm really excited about this group, I think its going to be really fun. ^u^
soulless01475

Postby Kylmar on Sun Oct 10, 2010 11:29 pm

Sorry guys, I'm gonna have to pull out of the group. I've decided I want to do another costume. Have fun though. :D
Kylmar

Postby Scoot on Sat Oct 16, 2010 5:36 pm

My wig came today! I kind of messed up and cut a bit too much off the fringe :( Meh. I got my baseball bat too, i'm in the middle of painting that annnnd iv'e just got to sew the pink stripes on the shorts 8) i'll put some pictures up in a few days when i'm finished. Has anyone got any tips on how i should write 'whacker' on the side of the bat? should i just write it on in sharpie or paint it on?
Scoot

Postby ZeroSilence on Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:10 pm

I'll be going looking for a wig tomorrow and then Roxy should be finished bar one or two minor pieces! I can't wait now!
ZeroSilence

Postby livianimegirl on Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:17 pm

Ooh, so many Scott Pilgrim cosplayers! Awesome!
I LOVE Scott Pilgrim and I'd like to cosplay Ramona in the future but I won't be cosplaying her for October.

If I see any of you, I might come and ask you for a photo! Then again, I might not since I always say that and then I'm just too shy about asking people for photos at the actual Expo >w< Ffff, I hate being so shy.

Either way, Scott Pilgrim cosplay = awesome.
Sat/Sun - Mituna
livianimegirl

Postby CaptainWales on Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:26 pm

I've decided to change the version of Scott I wear to the meet up/photoshoot thingy. I thought the Plumtree version is kind of generic and I wanted to try one I've not seen before. I'll probably still change into it for one of the other days though. But now I'm going to be going Scott's costume from vol 6 where he's wearing the shirt with the Gideon Logo on it but after he's been sliced up by Gideon. I thought since it was halloween it'd give me an excuse to use some fake blood :D I'm finding it hard to find many good pictures online but it's from chapters 36/37 in Volume 6. Also I figured since there are a few Gideons it'll make for some cool photos. Especially if any of you turn up with his sword too :)
CaptainWales

PreviousNext

Return to MCM FRINGE ACTIVITIES FESTIVAL @ EXPO