Generic "What are you cosplaying?" thread

Discus the MIDLANDS MCM EXPO at the International Centre in Telford.

Let us know what you like and what you want to see.

Re: Generic "What are you cosplaying?" thread

Postby Nekoage on Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:30 am

Arrrr, Thanks XD
I can't wait! I'm so excited! I can't wait to make some new friends! :D

Me either XD I can't wait for it.. I can't believe there's only 2 weeks left D: And~ I look forward to meeting new people =w= Especially ones that're into the things I am :'D None of my friends share the excitement of the Japanese culture T_T They don't understand :P haha
Nekoage

Postby Failedcosplayer on Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:13 am

cstar wrote:
Failedcosplayer wrote:
cstar wrote:

Don't worry XD
A lot of my friends have thought it's a two day thing aswell ^^ It's so easy to get it confused with the two day (now three day) London Expo :)

Arrrr, Thanks XD
I can't wait! I'm so excited! I can't wait to make some new friends! :D

It's fine XD
I am too ^^ And you will definatelly make a lot of new friends! It's crazy at how many people you meet at expo.
Friendly tip, take buisness card with you. Put on your email address, websites, bookface and other stuff. That way people can easily find you on the internets when they get back home ^^
Failedcosplayer

Postby Nekoage on Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:16 pm

Ooh ^^ and yeah, it seems like it's easy to make new friends :'D

But I was actually wondering about whether to take a card XD so thankyou for that advice, is it a common thing for people to give each other cards then?
Nekoage

Postby chronicwhimsy on Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:32 pm

I'm torn... I'm feeling a bit lazy and might not cosplay at all.

But then, I know that once I get there I'll wish I had. To cosplay or not to cosplay? If I did, I'd be Sailor Jupiter. Any other Sailor Moon cosplayers going? If there are a decent amount we could maybe get together a do photos?
chronicwhimsy

Postby donnamevans on Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:17 pm

My Thief Garret cosplay.. it is complete :D :D
So look out for a woman with light up arrows and a bow!
donnamevans

Postby anakha on Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:19 pm

OMG Theif eadly shadows is awesome XD
anakha

Postby HessianH on Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:06 pm

Nevermore wrote:
mandi taichou wrote:
Nevermore wrote:I'll be going as Pureblood Yuki from Vampire Knight :) Is anyone else going as someone from VK?

I will be going as a vampire student from Vampire Knight, no one in particular as I haven't had the time to perfect anyone *sighs* but I'll have bright red hair + will be wearing heels instead of boots...okay so I'm not sticking to original costume design but hey! Hopefully it'll look decent enough =)
Telford McM Expo 2011: Random Vampire Knight Vampire Girl...lol x'D
HessianH

Postby nadsnadine on Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:10 am

Yeah. I will be going as Izaya and my friend Shizuo from durarara if her wig comes in time... I must remember my red contacts
nadsnadine

Postby mangacookie on Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:17 pm

nadsnadine wrote:Yeah. I will be going as Izaya and my friend Shizuo from durarara if her wig comes in time... I must remember my red contacts

yayyy i was hoping there will be an izaya and shizuo :D
mangacookie

Postby Carnage on Sat Feb 12, 2011 6:02 pm

I'm going as the Scout from TF2. I've got everything nailed, every tiny bloody detail.

Out of interest how much have you guys spent on your cosplays? I've ended up spending about £18 on props, the clothes I thankfully already had.
Carnage

Postby Nekoage on Sat Feb 12, 2011 6:53 pm

I've spent about £31-ish on things XD not bad really :P I'm making/ altering most things though so what money I haven't spent i'm putting in effort to make up for it XD
Nekoage

Postby Andatariel on Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:37 pm

I'm doing humanized versions of Happy Tree Friends, I'm Flaky, my girlfriend is Flippy and my friend is doing Giggles.
Andatariel

Postby mangacookie on Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:09 pm

Andatariel wrote:I'm doing humanized versions of Happy Tree Friends, I'm Flaky, my girlfriend is Flippy and my friend is doing Giggles.

oh hell yes! :D
mangacookie

Postby Friesles on Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:08 am

5 days to go!!

So excited :3
Friesles

Postby FreyaCrescent on Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:10 am

I'm planning on being Jill Valentine (S.T.A.R.S. uniform) from Resident Evil, but that's dependant on whether I can find some replacement shoes (either today or Friday) as the ones I wore last time have pretty much fallen apart... otherwise, I'll be Freya Crescent from Final Fantasy IX again I guess.

I have to spray paint my rocket launcher again before Saturday as well D8 Running out of time...
Midlands:
Rebecca Chambers
FreyaCrescent

Postby CosplayMutha on Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:00 pm

Holly will be Catwoman (comic book version) and/or Femme Rorschach and I will be Professor Dolores Umbridge and/or the 3rd Hokage Sarutobi :D
Signature rule is rubbish :D
CosplayMutha

Postby p0pb0t on Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:23 pm

FreyaCrescent wrote:I'm planning on being Jill Valentine (S.T.A.R.S. uniform) from Resident Evil, but that's dependant on whether I can find some replacement shoes (either today or Friday) as the ones I wore last time have pretty much fallen apart... otherwise, I'll be Freya Crescent from Final Fantasy IX again I guess.

I have to spray paint my rocket launcher again before Saturday as well D8 Running out of time...

Oh, were you the Freya from last Midlands? Also... FFFFF. Hell yes. Finally, someone making the S.T.A.R.S. uniform version and not the RE3 boob tube and skirt outfit. I'll definitely be chasing you down for a photo if I see you around.
p0pb0t

Postby donnamevans on Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:04 am

I told myself I wasn't going to spend as much on props and the costume this year, but I still ended up doing it. Total cost of my costume ended up somewhere around £120 *rolls eyes*
I just hope that I can still pose in some way with my props, though collectively, they are lethal weapons!

Though I love dressing up so I guess it kinda makes up for it :)
donnamevans

Postby FreyaCrescent on Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:09 am

p0pb0t wrote:
FreyaCrescent wrote:I'm planning on being Jill Valentine (S.T.A.R.S. uniform) from Resident Evil, but that's dependant on whether I can find some replacement shoes (either today or Friday) as the ones I wore last time have pretty much fallen apart... otherwise, I'll be Freya Crescent from Final Fantasy IX again I guess.

Oh, were you the Freya from last Midlands? Also... FFFFF. Hell yes. Finally, someone making the S.T.A.R.S. uniform version and not the RE3 boob tube and skirt outfit. I'll definitely be chasing you down for a photo if I see you around.

Yeah, that was me :) I'm managed to find some replacement shoes and get the rocket launcher resprayed (thanks to my sister), but two parts of my costume have now gone missing... needless to say, I am a little worried haha XD I'll have a S.T.A.R.S. Chris Redfield with me too :D
Midlands:
Rebecca Chambers
FreyaCrescent

Postby p0pb0t on Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:53 pm

FreyaCrescent wrote:
p0pb0t wrote:

Yeah, that was me :) I'm managed to find some replacement shoes and get the rocket launcher resprayed (thanks to my sister), but two parts of my costume have now gone missing... needless to say, I am a little worried haha XD I'll have a S.T.A.R.S. Chris Redfield with me too :D

Sweet. I was meant to get a picture of you, but I got completely side tracked. I hope you don't get the 'You were almost a Jill sandwich' line quoted to you too much, but then... I guess it's kinda inevitable xD
p0pb0t

Previous

Return to GENERAL CHAT