Hotels Full Already For May! Medical Convention Being Held!

This is where any guests attending the event are announced. Chat about anything to do with the event that does not fit into the other categories. Dont forget to visit the main website at http://www.londonexpo.com for updates also

Re: Hotels Full Already For May! Medical Convention Being He

Postby DarkNyte on Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:05 pm

Freyarule wrote:I had this problem too, you need to ring them up and do it from there I'm afraid :(

Do you know what the number is?
DarkNyte

Postby falcon on Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:57 pm

ETAP..i woudl iek to go to a few partys or meetings at night,...how safe is this aera and trusth dont suger coat it X3
falcon

Postby CrimsonGaara on Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:12 pm

I've managed to get a room at the London City Airport Travelodge for a decent and affordable amount for Friday and Saturday nights, good luck to everybody else who still needs a place to stay for the weekend.
CrimsonGaara

Postby Takanaki on Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:39 pm

Maybe if the community at these events had more respect for other peoples belongings there wouldn't be such a need to inflate the prices to cushion against the likely damages each hotel will incur during the weekend.
Takanaki

Postby TurkFox on Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:45 pm

falcon wrote:ETAP..i woudl iek to go to a few partys or meetings at night,...how safe is this aera and trusth dont suger coat it X3

I stayed there and walked back on my own (probably not the best idea, as a 5' 1" female :P) and it's fine. You cross that really high bridge from Excel, then walk for five minutes, along past the Pontoon Dock DLR. It's kind of quiet but it's a busy road.
TurkFox

Postby falcon on Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:41 am

TurkFox wrote:
falcon wrote:ETAP..i woudl iek to go to a few partys or meetings at night,...how safe is this aera and trusth dont suger coat it X3

I stayed there and walked back on my own (probably not the best idea, as a 5' 1" female :P) and it's fine. You cross that really high bridge from Excel, then walk for five minutes, along past the Pontoon Dock DLR. It's kind of quiet but it's a busy road.

thanks cuz i herd no end of band things i was like..errrrrrrm maybe not X3
falcon

Postby homesweethomicide13 on Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:42 pm

Not sure if it has been mentioned already (I really couldn't be bothered to check through every post) but the LCA (London City Airport) Travelodge is cheap, not too far away, and pretty decent rooms for expo-goers.

I've stayed there twice now, during the expo just gone and the May expo before that. With four people, we only had to pay £40 each for a family room (with a double bed, sofa and pull-out mattress), and with three people in the same type of room, it's cost us £57 each. That's from Friday to Monday.

The walk from Travelodge to ExCel takes about 5/10 minutes depending on
a) How fast you walk
b) If you're carting suitcases to and from
c) Your cosplay

In my experience, it's roughly about ten minutes for me to walk there and back, only cause I don't walk too fast and I'm usually carrying big props. The way we walk takes us to the opposite end of ExCel (so opposite to Ibis/Novotel side), but it's really not too far at all.

Rooms are filling up fast, though (I've already got mine booked), so get in quick.
homesweethomicide13

Postby Ozzie on Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:28 pm

I somehow managed to book Custom House for Friday-Sunday. Is it any good? and what are the chances of being assailed between the hotel and the centre. Anything over 100% is fine.
Ozzie

Postby Adziu on Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:27 am

Ozzie wrote:I somehow managed to book Custom House for Friday-Sunday. Is it any good? and what are the chances of being assailed between the hotel and the centre. Anything over 100% is fine.

Lots of people stay in Custom House every Expo! It's fine.
Adziu
Board Moderator

Postby Moondoggie on Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:22 am

Ozzie wrote:I somehow managed to book Custom House for Friday-Sunday. Is it any good? and what are the chances of being assailed between the hotel and the centre. Anything over 100% is fine.

The chances are slim of anything happening to you if that's what you mean. Lot's of people stay in the hotels around the area so theres always people around.
Moondoggie

Postby Ozzie on Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:36 am

Nah, I'm fine but thanks for the concern. I live in far worse than London has to offer after all :wink:
Ozzie

Postby Belarus-Mio on Fri Nov 12, 2010 10:44 pm

I'm in PTI this year, gladly.
I thought OH GOD I'M GONNA HAVE TO BOOK WITH IBIS AGAIN BECAUSE EVERYTHING'S BOOKED UP.
Every time I've stayed at the Ibis, it's been such an unpleasant stay.
Last October I stayed and they fudged my booking up.
May I stayed and they said I cancelled altogether so I had to stay with someone else, yet they still charged me for the 3 nights, but got back finally by threatening legal action.
Oh and always having problems with room keys in Ibis, they hand them out without asking for a name, so be careful.

This time around was even worse in October.
I first arrived, in which they had said I booked 2 rooms. That was incorrect.
Then I had loads of people going into my room, asking for room keys at the desk, and just helping themselves in my room.
I had the worse trouble with room keys, never working, or the fact they couldn't care less who they were giving key cards out to.
Then 2 days after I checked out, they charged me £40 extra for the room because apparently it was a mess? :/
THEN they charged me £220 extra for the 2nd and 3rd of November which I apparently booked. Ummmm I checked out on the Monday?
I had to get my dad to phone and sort it out because I'm not in a good way and I would just break down on the phone.
Got the £220 back after 48 hours of getting onto them, still no sign of the return of the £40 refunded either.

Now I'm faced with a huge overdraft because they took that £220 out of my account while I had only £0.12 in there!

Never staying with the Ibis again.

Can anyone tell me their experiences with PTI? Really hope it can't be as bad as Ibis.
Last edited by Belarus-Mio on Sun Nov 21, 2010 3:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Moondoggie wrote:Sleep is for home. Go to the pub
Belarus-Mio

Postby shinikami on Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:28 am

Ouch Belarus! That does sound bad... bad experiences with the PTI?
Well have heard that they cut down amount of noise you're allowed to make, which is fine as usually we just sit near the bar and chat anyway... and got around the football noise thing by playing in the car park near ramada!
Seen that they set off a corner for those that want to hang around outside, but its so dark there that if you're not with your friends then you would easily get scared!
Still feel strongly that they should warn their customers in that particular hotel of a convention going on! As not just us makes the mess and noise that they feel so strongly about - when was in PTI in may , we had to share the hotel with the other convention guests too and they were just terrorfying! Especially as was still getting use to wearing Heen at the time!
I haven't had any bad experiences compared to yours Belarus, but at least with custom house - even though their rooms are tiny! They still asked for your name if you had trouble with the cardkeys and yet with PTI never had that problem! They just request that you ask for all of them back at the end of your stay!
shinikami

Postby Moondoggie on Sun Nov 14, 2010 2:30 am

Belarus-Mio wrote:I'm in PTI this year, gladly.
I thought OH GOD I'M GONNA HAVE TO BOOK WITH IBIS AGAIN BECAUSE EVERYTHING'S BOOKED UP.
Every time I've stayed at the Ibis, it's been such an unpleasant stay.
Last October I stayed and they fudged my booking up.
May I stayed and they said I cancelled altogether so I had to stay with someone else, yet they still charged me for the 3 nights, but got back finally by threatening legal action.
Oh and always having problems with room keys in Ibis, they hand them out without asking for a name, so be careful.

This time around was even worse in October.
I first arrived, in which they had said I booked 2 rooms. That was incorrect.
Then I had loads of people going into my room, asking for room keys at the desk, and just helping themselves in my room.
I had the worse trouble with room keys, never working, or the fact they couldn't care less who they were giving key cards out to.
Then 2 days after I checked out, they charged me £40 extra for the room because apparently it was a mess? :/
THEN they charged me £220 extra for the 2nd and 3rd of November which I apparently booked. Ummmm I checked out on the Monday?
I had to get my dad to phone and sort it out because I'm not in a good way and I would just break down on the phone.
Got the £220 back after 48 hours of getting onto them, still no sign of the return of the £40 refunded either.

Now I'm faced with a huge overdraft because they took that £220 out of my account while I had only £0.12 in there!

Never staying with the Ibis again.

Can anyone tell me their experiences with PTI? Really hope it can't be as bad as Ibis.

Sounds rather awful. Stayed at Ibis this year and never had any issues with anything. I've had plenty of hellish stays in hotels so i expected the worst but it was a pleasent enough hotel. Seem a lil understaffed at night but apart from that the staff were friendly and helpfull the maids did a decent enough job of cleaning the room and replacing towels the room was warm and quietish (could hear noise from the room above but it wasnt really that loud) food and drink offered in the bar was decent enough eh i'd quite happily stay at Ibis again.
Moondoggie

Postby DarkNyte on Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:44 pm

Hi Guys
Just to say that i stayed in the Leeds ETAP hotel 2 weeks ago and i would like to share some things with you.

[NOTE] this is not all ETAP's just leeds but it may be the same in others

. DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES USE THE SOAP THEY PROVIDE - Bring your own, i washed my face with it and not 2 minuits later i had painfull burning on my face and i do not have sensative skin.

. The bed they provide is simple as in a matress on a bit of MDF dont expect much

. Unlike other hotels they may not provide a kettel with tea and coffee.

. You may find yourself hating the room but remember your at expo and it should cheer you up.

. There is a 24 hour staff

this is all i could think of at the moment i would like to reitterate thought if you have sensative skin DO NOT use the soap they provide and if you dont have sensative skin it might be a good idea to bring your own soap incase. If you do forget there may be some friendly cosplayers willing to help you out. I'll be one of them because it is VERY VERY VERY painful to have the burning on your face.

I think the ETAP people should get together and have a awesome party thought ^.^
DarkNyte

Postby RyuuzakiMasato7 on Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:13 am

DarkNyte wrote:. Unlike other hotels they may not provide a kettel with tea and coffee.

This is quite possibly the worst thing that could happen to me for expo. I don't think I can function over an expo weekend with no tea. .____.'

Ah well. Travel kettle it is then. xD
RyuuzakiMasato7

Postby DarkNyte on Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:53 pm

Ok i have some news.

My mother in all her wisdom has booked me a hotel room at the ETAP hotel for 2 people.

So i have a place spare, so if you would like a hotel room to stay in these are the conditions:

The hotel room is from the thursday till the monday
It is at the ETAP hotel
I will not accept theives, haters, people that are not cosplaying or that have a problem with coplaying
The price is (hold youir breath) £102 for 4 days!!! (ill be paying £102 as well)
You must genuinly have no where elsed to stay
You must not invite other people into the room without my permission (as my things will be there as well
I have no preferance on gender or sexuality but harrasment will not be tollerated
I do not mind who you are cosplaying (but must be cosplaying as i dont trust non cosplayers (personal reasons))
A breach of any of these and i will ask you to hand me your keycard and leave

This is a open invite please messege me on either facebook http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/prof ... =547210646
Or on deviantart http://dark-nyte.deviantart.com/
Or obviosly send me a messege on here.
As i said i have no preferance in gender or sexuality but no harrasment!!! Im doing this because i know people have no where else to stay so please be respectfull and no time wasters.

If you need to know anything specific please dont hessitate to messege me.

DarkNyte
DarkNyte

Postby Warai Otoko on Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:13 pm

DarkNyte wrote:Ok i have some news.

My mother in all her wisdom has booked me a hotel room at the ETAP hotel for 2 people.

So i have a place spare, so if you would like a hotel room to stay in these are the conditions:

It is at the ETAP hotel
I will not accept theives, haters, people that are not cosplaying or that have a problem with coplaying
The price is (hold youir breath) £102 for 4 days!!! (ill be paying £102 as well)
You must not invite other people into the room without my permission (as my things will be there as well
I have no preferance on gender or sexuality but harrasment will not be tollerated
I do not mind who you are cosplaying (but must be cosplaying as i dont trust non cosplayers (personal reasons))

This is a open invite please messege me on either facebook http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/prof ... =547210646
As i said i have no preferance in gender or sexuality but no harrasment!!! Im doing this because i know people have no where else to stay so please be respectfull and no time wasters.

DarkNyte

Its because of posts like this, that I'm not even sure if people are trolling or not anymore.

Oh man, that was hilarious.

I've got a couple of spaces, £90 for three nights, 4star apartment, a couple stops away on the DLR overlooking canary wharf.

Post here if you're interested, I'll take anyone fun ^_~
Kimi wa kogara dakara, moshi itakattara itte ne.
Warai Otoko

Postby Belarus-Mio on Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:26 pm

Warai Otoko wrote:
DarkNyte wrote:Ok i have some news.

It is at the ETAP hotel

DarkNyte

OH GOD LOL.
Is this a joke?

Firstly, £102 for ETAP? Wow...
Secondly, YOU'RE SCARING AWAY MY CUSTOMERS!
Moondoggie wrote:Sleep is for home. Go to the pub
Belarus-Mio

Postby Hotaru_666 on Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:04 pm

can I ask why you think its a joke? £102 for 4 nights at mcm sounds good to me.

H -x-
Hotaru_666

Postby Warai Otoko on Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:03 pm

Its just.. you kids.

Seriously.

Ahahahaha.. I'm not that old, but good gravy; you make this into some kind of year 8 drama.

The price is so-so. Nothing special, just so-so. Its that requirements list, good bloody luck on that. After you've scared off any potentials, I guess you'll be offering lower prices. There are so many negatives on there, I'm unsure why anyone would want to take you up on it. Not selling yourself really.

Why not just advertise the room, get to know some people who are interested and then find out from talking to them that they're suitable? You've got so much time, and the expo is all about being friendly, right? Makin' new friends? A convergance for people with a similar interest.

So very serious, so very angst, so very lol.
Kimi wa kogara dakara, moshi itakattara itte ne.
Warai Otoko

Postby shinikami on Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:01 am

102 for etap is a bit pricy! I'm at pti - 400 all in friday to monday but sharing it with friends so the price has been divided up!

I agree - good luck! You need it to find someone fitting that tight list!
shinikami

Postby Hotaru_666 on Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:16 pm

I'm sorry but ur all abit strange all hotels are pricey at expo and it isnt a tight list he's just saying he doesnt want a jerk / . and sorry but last time i checked he isnt the only one who hates thieves and genral idiots all he's asking for is some1 who genuinely wants to be at expo but has nowhere to stay. how is that a tight list??
Hotaru_666

PreviousNext

Return to GENERAL CHAT