Hotels Full Already For May! Medical Convention Being Held!

This is where any guests attending the event are announced. Chat about anything to do with the event that does not fit into the other categories. Dont forget to visit the main website at http://www.londonexpo.com for updates also

Re: Hotels Full Already For May! Medical Convention Being He

Postby Adziu on Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:27 pm

Alright, can we not have this thread turn into an argument please? Stay on the topic of issues of finding space. I understand that the conversation is still on-topic, but I am just stepping in to prevent this escalating into an argument.

Some people might find that list of requirements strange, some might not. Fine. All the guy needs is someone who doesn't. Let's leave it at that, shall we?

Also moving this to the correct forum, as it is in 2010.
Adziu
Board Moderator

Postby Anime_biker_chick on Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:42 pm

Travelodge Docklands and Travelodge City Airport still available from 200 quid Friday to monday :P
Dont make me toss my cookies!
Anime_biker_chick

Postby Belarus-Mio on Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:45 pm

Anime_biker_chick wrote:Travelodge Docklands and Travelodge City Airport still available from 200 quid Friday to monday :P

Trouble is, people want their hotel right by the ExCel Centre for convinience, hence why Custom House, Novotel, PTI and Ibis are always quick to be snatched up.
Not forgetting the Ramada too, but I'm not sure how near that is.

Then after that's all gone, people don't really have a choice than to go with such hotels like ETAP, Travel lodge, etc.

Luckily I'm in the PTI, but it's cost me a big ol' £150 split between 2 people. A lot of money, but I want a near hotel because I'm a lazy bugger. xD
Only for the Saturday and Sunday though. :/

If people stayed in the Travelodge for Friday and then switched on Saturday to the nearer hotels, as they all have room still on Saturday and Sunday still, I think people would be alright with that, but I can't afford it anyway, so I'll pay a bit of money towards a mate and stay with them on the Friday.
Moondoggie wrote:Sleep is for home. Go to the pub
Belarus-Mio

Postby Anime_biker_chick on Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:48 pm

Adziu wrote:Alright, can we not have this thread turn into an argument please? Stay on the topic of issues of finding space. I understand that the conversation is still on-topic, but I am just stepping in to prevent this escalating into an argument.

Some people might find that list of requirements strange, some might not. Fine. All the guy needs is someone who doesn't. Let's leave it at that, shall we?

Also moving this to the correct forum, as it is in 2010.

OOOOh yeah! I didn't recongize that hahahaha xD
Dont make me toss my cookies!
Anime_biker_chick

Postby shalimar on Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:11 pm

Belarus-Mio wrote:Trouble is, people want their hotel right by the ExCel Centre for convinience, hence why Custom House, Novotel, PTI and Ibis are always quick to be snatched up.
Not forgetting the Ramada too, but I'm not sure how near that is.

Then after that's all gone, people don't really have a choice than to go with such hotels like ETAP, Travel lodge, etc.

Hotels close to the Excel centre will always go quickly. I'm probably one of the few people that actually prefers to stay in a hotel that's in central London, (or at least close to the Jubilee line!).

However, even here, a number of hotels now have no room available for that weekend, and the ones that do are quite expensive.
shalimar

Postby t_iii on Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:24 pm

I booked at Travelodge (City Airport) last week, it was around £260 for Thurs-Monday (4 nights). Theres apparently buses to and from the Excel from there, and its not too far to walk from what I've checked.

I've just checked the site claims its "almost full" though :(
t_iii

Postby Adziu on Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:24 am

t_iii wrote:I booked at Travelodge (City Airport) last week, it was around £260 for Thurs-Monday (4 nights). Theres apparently buses to and from the Excel from there, and its not too far to walk from what I've checked.

As a local resident, I can tell you that it's a bit of a trek, although certainly doable.
Adziu
Board Moderator

Postby t_iii on Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:07 am

Adziu wrote:
t_iii wrote:I booked at Travelodge (City Airport) last week, it was around £260 for Thurs-Monday (4 nights). Theres apparently buses to and from the Excel from there, and its not too far to walk from what I've checked.

As a local resident, I can tell you that it's a bit of a trek, although certainly doable.

Good to know, from what I gather it's supposed to be a 20-30min walk (?), but failing that the bus service doesn't seem too bad.

My only real concern is that on the 1st and last day of the con I'll be having to drag my comic merch etc. with me to set up my table.
t_iii

Postby badgerrocks on Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:25 am

I know this a bit in advance but been looking for prices for October Expo and I dont know what is going but everywhere around Excel seems to be booked solid from mid september until mid november like not even the odd day spare! What is going on =P
badgerrocks

Postby shinikami on Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:19 pm

badgerrocks wrote:I know this a bit in advance but been looking for prices for October Expo and I dont know what is going but everywhere around Excel seems to be booked solid from mid september until mid november like not even the odd day spare! What is going on =P

It's called panic booking :P There must be stuff going on over at the o2... and something at the ExCel asides from both MCM events!
Got MCM expo and MCM memorabilia on the same weekend
shinikami

Postby Moondoggie on Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:22 pm

You'll find a lot of those bookings evapourate closer to the time. Though prices might be high with all the demand. There is never a shortage of hotels in the area though even if the ones around Excell are booked up.
Moondoggie

Postby badgerrocks on Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:43 pm

Moondoggie wrote:You'll find a lot of those bookings evapourate closer to the time. Though prices might be high with all the demand. There is never a shortage of hotels in the area though even if the ones around Excell are booked up.

Have booked 2 rooms at the novotel which fit 4 adults each and it works out as £87 each! thats like crazy cheap for novotel XD especially compared to £130 each at ibis this may XD
badgerrocks

Postby Granny Gertrude on Thu Mar 03, 2011 5:15 pm

Removed some comments- Adziu said to move on, so move on.
Some comments were antagonistic and not in keeping with the intention of these forums- as was previously requested, stay on topic.
Joe 'Granny Gertrude' Sutton
Cosplay @ Expo
www.facebook.com/grannygertrude
Granny Gertrude
Board Moderator

Postby Reser on Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:13 pm

badgerrocks wrote:I know this a bit in advance but been looking for prices for October Expo and I dont know what is going but everywhere around Excel seems to be booked solid from mid september until mid november like not even the odd day spare! What is going on =P

For anyone looking for rooms in October, the Sunday for next con is included in the Travelodge sale that just started today, you can stay at London City Airport for just £10 or Docklands for £19.50 on the Sunday, total bargain!, I have decided I will be staying the Sunday in October for £10 it is worth it and no rushing home.

It is actually only £29-£35 a night for the Friday and Saturday too, so if booked now Travelodge would be around £80 for all 3 nights, can't get cheaper then that!
Reser

Postby Quinzel on Fri Mar 04, 2011 6:08 pm

Ah, when I heard that Memorabilia was going to be the same weekend as Expo, I had a feeling that the hotels would go quick.
When my friends and I couldn't get a hotel for May, we booked for October instead, this was back in December I think. One of them booked about two weeks after the rest of us an apparently he couldn't get a standard room for Custom House, had to pay more instead.

I think it is just panic-booking though. Like people are booking before they know if they can make it for sure, 'just in case', and there probably will be quite a few cancellations when people realise they can't attend after all.

I'm intrigued about the Travellodge deal though. I'm a bit iffy about staying at a Travellodge after what I've heard about em but I've been regretting not booking the Sunday night for October now...may look into it for that night if it's gonna be that cheap. Just wait 'til 2012 lol. I know the Olympics aren't until July but I've got a feeling it's going to be difficult to get a hotel at all in London next summer :/.
Quinzel

Postby Ashika on Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:38 pm

t_iii wrote:
Adziu wrote:

Good to know, from what I gather it's supposed to be a 20-30min walk (?), but failing that the bus service doesn't seem too bad.

My only real concern is that on the 1st and last day of the con I'll be having to drag my comic merch etc. with me to set up my table.

Its actually a pretty short walk! It's only 0.25 miles from the hotel to excel. I would say more like ten mins and certainly not half an hour ^^ Its a pretyt good hotel and personally I don't see the point in paying ridiculous amounts of money just to be closer :)
Ashika

Postby FruitieRoxxi on Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:00 am

I'm staying in the IBIS in BLACKWALL its just next to the dlr, we stayed there in october and it was much quieter than the one outside the excel, also it was cheaper and the car parking was 10 pound for 3 days! its only a 3 minit ride to excel aswell and 1 stop to canning town for easy tube changeovers. I dont know if there are any rooms left though cause i booked mine in november cause i read last year the hotels were going to get booked
FruitieRoxxi

Postby Warai Otoko on Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:24 am

FruitieRoxxi wrote:I'm staying in the IBIS in BLACKWALL its just next to the dlr, we stayed there in october and it was much quieter than the one outside the excel, also it was cheaper and the car parking was 10 pound for 3 days! its only a 3 minit ride to excel aswell and 1 stop to canning town for easy tube changeovers. I dont know if there are any rooms left though cause i booked mine in november cause i read last year the hotels were going to get booked

Just down the road from where I'm staying. If you go to the mcdonalds and then walk towards Canary wharf, that tall building by the marina is where I'm staying.

Party on Saturday, you should come.
Kimi wa kogara dakara, moshi itakattara itte ne.
Warai Otoko

Postby FruitieRoxxi on Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:37 am

Warai Otoko wrote:
FruitieRoxxi wrote:I'm staying in the IBIS in BLACKWALL its just next to the dlr, we stayed there in october and it was much quieter than the one outside the excel, also it was cheaper and the car parking was 10 pound for 3 days! its only a 3 minit ride to excel aswell and 1 stop to canning town for easy tube changeovers. I dont know if there are any rooms left though cause i booked mine in november cause i read last year the hotels were going to get booked

Just down the road from where I'm staying. If you go to the mcdonalds and then walk towards Canary wharf, that tall building by the marina is where I'm staying.

Party on Saturday, you should come.

I do like a good party lol. What's the details? And thanks for the invite :D
FruitieRoxxi

Postby Warai Otoko on Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:51 pm

FruitieRoxxi wrote:I do like a good party lol. What's the details? And thanks for the invite :D

warai_otoko at hot mail dot co dot uk.

I'm not going to put details of it here ^_~
Warai Otoko

Postby Moondoggie on Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:49 pm

Warai Otoko wrote:
FruitieRoxxi wrote:I do like a good party lol. What's the details? And thanks for the invite :D

Dude that sounds so seedy lol
Moondoggie

Postby Warai Otoko on Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:39 pm

Moondoggie wrote:
Warai Otoko wrote:

Dude that sounds so seedy lol

But you're still coming too, right? Right.

Chances are that most people will know who I am if I spill details. I like to keep things private.
Warai Otoko

Postby Moondoggie on Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:05 pm

Warai Otoko wrote:
But you're still coming too, right? Right.

Chances are that most people will know who I am if I spill details. I like to keep things private.

Probably yeah though i'll just get the details closer to the time cos i'll forget otherwise. I have a goldfish memory.

Should i be afraid that people will know who you are if you spill details? Sounds like your parties have a reputation haha
Moondoggie

Postby shookiemonster on Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:05 am

Where the beep is this Ibis Blackwall?! Link, please. All the links I find, takes me only to this Ibis hotel: http://www.ibishotel.com/gb/hotel-2177- ... tion.shtml - is it that one?

Also, anyone who can "help me" with this one: viewtopic.php?f=360&t=16560
shookiemonster

Postby shalimar on Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:07 am

shookiemonster wrote:

Where the beep is this Ibis Blackwall?! Link, please. All the links I find, takes me only to this Ibis hotel: http://www.ibishotel.com/gb/hotel-2177- ... tion.shtml - is it that one?

Also, anyone who can "help me" with this one: viewtopic.php?f=360&t=16560

That's got to be it. It's officially Ibis Docklands, but it's right next to Blackwall station.
shalimar

PreviousNext

Return to GENERAL CHAT