MCM Expo Art Competition

This is where any guests attending the event are announced. Chat about anything to do with the event that does not fit into the other categories. Dont forget to visit the main website at http://www.londonexpo.com for updates also

MCM Expo Art Competition

Postby letraset_paul on Mon May 23, 2011 3:58 pm

Hi Everyone,

Letraset have taken over the running of the Art Competition this year - if you have any questions then please ask :D

‘Running Late for a Very Important Date’

The theme for the Expo art competition is usually announced around a month in advance, but as it’s a little late this time round the theme will be ‘Running Late for a Very Important Date’.

Your entry could be based on what you do when you’re in a rush and late for school or work or perhaps it’s a love story where the main character is late for a date with the love of their life. The theme is open to interpretation and the more imaginative your designs the better!

There will be two age categories; Under 16 years and Over 16 years.

Each category will be split into two sections, pre-made and made on the day.

There will be winners and runners-up for each category.

The Prize

The prize will include Letraset Markers, Screentones, Pads and much more worth over £111!

Find out more...

Click here for full details http://letrasetblog.com/manga/mcm-expo-art-competition/
letraset_paul

Re: MCM Expo Art Competition

Postby natsusuki-chan on Mon May 23, 2011 7:15 pm

Woo! :D Sounds excitinggggg~ Can it be Computer work or does it have to be by hand?
natsusuki-chan

Postby letraset_paul on Tue May 24, 2011 8:02 am

natsusuki-chan wrote:Woo! :D Sounds excitinggggg~ Can it be Computer work or does it have to be by hand?

You can enter either a pre-made piece (which could be digital) or you can create a piece on the day using the stamped paper that we will provide. There won't be any computers around on the day, so all made on the day entries will need to be hand drawn whilst at the show (we will also be providing ProMarkers, Pencils and Pens).

There will be four categories in total:

Under 16 - Pre Made
Under 16 - Made on the Day
16 and Over - Pre Made
16 and Over - Made on the day

If you are interested we also run a bi-Monthly "Manga Hoshi" art competition throughout the year over on the Letraset website.
letraset_paul

Postby cookiesummer on Tue May 24, 2011 11:06 am

I want to enter, so can I create it now then bring it on on saturday?
cookiesummer

Postby letraset_paul on Tue May 24, 2011 12:11 pm

cookiesummer wrote:I want to enter, so can I create it now then bring it on on saturday?

Yes you can. Just remember to relate your entry to the theme in some way. See you Saturday :D
letraset_paul

Postby abigailm28 on Wed May 25, 2011 12:22 pm

oki brilliant! i'm going to create something too! i really could use this prize as i'm really into colouring and drawing!!

so i need to draw a picture in the theme of !" running late for an very importand date" ? hehe
abigailm28

Postby letraset_paul on Wed May 25, 2011 3:24 pm

abigailm28 wrote:oki brilliant! i'm going to create something too! i really could use this prize as i'm really into colouring and drawing!!

so i need to draw a picture in the theme of !" running late for an very importand date" ? hehe

Yep that's right, we thought of lots of cool ideas like rushing your breakfast because you're late for work and spilling the milk from your cereal all over yourself or perhaps being late makes you think of ticking clocks and alarms.

Look forward to seeing your entry!
letraset_paul

Postby CupOfTea on Thu May 26, 2011 9:27 pm

So even something drawn on the day at artists alley has to follow the theme or can that be related to anything? :?
CupOfTea

Return to GENERAL CHAT